Amazon Black Friday / Cyber Monday Week Deals (11/25-12/7) Lightning Deals In Progress

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Grab a free 30 trial, just in time for the holidays!

Amazon Black Friday Hub
The deals run from 11/25 to 12/7. This post is a work in progress.
Deals will be offered like Gold Box Lightning Deals in which certain items are on only on sale for a few hours before cycling to a new set of deals. All deals are available until all the units are claimed or until the promotional period ends, whichever comes first.

Video Games Deals Current & Future Lightning Deals (does not appear on mobile)
Current, Non-Lightning Deals:
$49 Xbox One Games (Dead Rising 3 Day 1, Ryse Day 1 Forza 5 Day 1, Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14, FIFA 14, NFS: Rivals)
$49 PS4 Games (CoD Ghosts, Knack, FIFA 14, NFS: Rivals, Battlefield 4, Lego Marvel)

Coming this week:
Xbox 360 250 GB Holiday Value Bundle including Halo 4 and Tomb Raider $189.99 - LIVE
PS3 250GB Bundle including The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins $199 - LIVE
$34 games including: Grand Theft Auto V and Batman Arkham Origins
$25 games including: FIFA 14, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, NCAA
Call of Duty Ghosts $39.96
Skylanders Swap Force Characters – Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Digital Playstation Network Deals ($5 credit with select titles)
Digital PC/Mac Video Game Deals (CAG Thread)
[skydrive]https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=F33D97CED7875B93&resid=F33D97CED7875B93!169&authkey=AITPbA9QbgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True[/skydrive]
https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=F33D97CED7875B93&resid=F33D97CED7875B93!169&authkey=AITPbA9QbgGZV84&em=2&Item=Table1&wdHideGridlines=True

Movie & TV Current & Future Lightning Deals
Software Deals Current & Future Lightning Deals
TV, Audio, and Video Deals

Other known offers:
Electronics:

• Vizio E550i-A0 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV, $479.99
  • Seiki 32-inch 720p 60Hz LED HDTV, $98
  • Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV, $229
  • Vizio 60-inch 1080p 120Hz HDTV, $688
  • Samsung 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black), $999
  • Samsung 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV, $1297.99
  • Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi, $54.99
  • Google Chromecast streaming media player, $29.99
  • Save on a selection of laptops from great brands like Asus, Dell and Lenovo starting at $239.99
  • Save $80 on a waterproof action camera
  • Canon T3 Digital SLR Camera, under $400
  • Nikon D3200 Digital SLR Camera and 2 lens kit, under $500
  • Save $300 on Fujifilm XS-1 26x long zoom camera
  • Jawbone Jambox Bluetooth Speaker, $99.99
  • HTC One, $0.01 with a new 2 year contract (with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T)
Toys:

• 50% off LeapFrog LeapPad2 Learning Tablet - Doc McStuffins Bundle (Amazon Exclusive)
  • 50% off K'NEX Angry Birds Christmas Advent Calendar (Amazon Exclusive)
  • Up to 50% off SpongeBob toys
  • 50% off select VTech toys
Books and Movies:

• Up to 53% off popular books throughout Black Friday weekend, including LIFE: The Day Kennedy Died
  • 25 Cinematic Kindle Books, $1.99 each
  • Up to 63% off 8,000 popular movies and TV shows including Dexter, Jack Reacher, and The Heat
  • Hourly Lightning Deals with savings up to 80% on over 440 movies & TV shows
Kitchen:

• Mr. Coffee single-cup brewer powered by Keurig (assorted colors), $64.99
  • Skybar 1-Chamber Wine Preservation System, $179.99
  • Oster Rechargeable and Cordless Wine Opener with Chiller, $14.99
Tools:

• Up to 60% off best-selling tools from DEWALT and Bosch
  • $10 off purchase of $50 or more on select Black & Decker tools
DIY:

• Save $100 on SINGER Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
  • Bond Pink 5-Piece Garden Tool Bag and Gift Set, Under $20
Pets:

• ABO Gear, Fun Tunnel for Cats, $21.19
  • 45% off Perky-Pet Copper Triple Tube Bird Feeder
Music:

• Up to 60% off popular albums including New by Paul McCartney, Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and Blunderbuss by Jack White
  • MP3 albums start at $5.99 including Luke Bryan, Kasey Musgraves, The Head & The Heart, The Avett Brothers, Vampire Weekend, Janelle Monae, Phoenix and Drake
  • Memorex SingStand 2 Karaoke System, $54.99
  • First Act Kids Instrument Bundle, $99.99
Baby:

• Save 50% or more on Philips AVENT Infant Starter Gift Set
  • Save 60% or more on Levana Stella Baby Monitor
  • Save up to 30% on select Skip Hop Diaper Bags
  • Save 40% or more on BABYBJORN Organic Baby Carrier
Fashion and Apparel:

• Up to 60% off jackets & coats
  • Up to 65% off sweaters & fleece
  • Up to 60% off pajamas & robes
  • 25% off boots, slippers & more

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. I owned a PS1 and PS2 back in the day. The sheer hubris Sony displayed at launch for the PS3 turned me off of that system and I ended up getting an Xbox 360 instead. I had some great years with it and I was very excited about the Xbox One before they announced anything. I'd assumed that they would take everything that I loved about the 360 and improve upon it.

Instead, they developed the same "We're too big to fail! LOL!!!1" mentality that Sony had after the success of the PS1 and PS2. The Xbox One that was revealed was a consumer-unfriendly DRM nightmare. They also ditched MS Points - yes, I know some people hated them, but I could always buy points cards for considerably cheaper than face value and that made (in retrospect, very mediocre) game sales better. Add to that the fact that Microsoft has burned quite a few bridges with indie devs and Japanese companies meaning that some good titles won't appear on the Xbox One. Having to pay for Xbox Live just to Netflix ("yo dawg, I heard you like subscriptions"). Then came the random banhammerings to a dedicated portion of their community. The mandatory Kinect plus the PRISM/NSA leak (yes, call me paranoid - but just no)... It all culminated in me deciding to migrate back to Sony's camp. And honestly, it felt like coming home.
I enjoyed reading this. I always assume the worse when I get a reply on CAG... It's nice to see people with similar opinions that don't mind having a civil conversation about something. It really does feel like coming home!

Could someone please explain this to me.

How is it no longer available. Have they skipped over deals or what?

I really want Rayman Legends for Vita so should I bite on the25$ deal or wait?
I went ahead and just picked up Rayman Legends on 360 for $25, I still think its a killer deal and the game looks amazing.

DO IT.

I enjoyed reading this. I always assume the worse when I get a reply on CAG... It's nice to see people with similar opinions that don't mind having a civil conversation about something. It really does feel like coming home!
I'm almost certain I'm headed towards ps4 now, how crazy to think that yesterday I was pure xbox haha

They had it listed then it disappeared. I was waiting for that one too :(
It was supposed to go on at 6:10 PM EST, but the listing for it is gone. When you go directly to the page, it shows up as out of stock from Amazon, only available from third party vendors. Really hope they bring it back - I've been waiting on it all day, too.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-Black-Friday-Bundle/dp/B00FQSS61Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1385676307&sr=8-4&keywords=PS3+250GB+Black+Friday+Bundle

I went in on Rayman for Wii U. Probably my last thing until the Vita deal since the tailgating has begun. Deal hunting now would be poor form, I think, even though the LOU deal is so good...

I wanted to buy Disney Infinity for 360, but I guess they are out of stock so it wasn't even an option for the lightning deal. Oh well, I guess I saved $37.50. Anyone know if anyone besides Walmart has it for this price?

I bought Skylanders Swap Force though.

Want are you guys thinking , will the Vita bundle be a lightning deal or gold box or something else?

i'd really prefer if I didn't have to wake up at 2 in the morning.

Did anyone else get in on that 32 inch Seiki tv?  Thats probably going to be the best quality cheap tv this blackfriday.  I know target, walmart, and bestbuy are all having a similar deal.  

wow how u knew when it came live??....i on the waitlist now....
Ive been paying attention to the line. The tvs are popping up in moderation. Usually when one pops up another one will show up after the current one is finished. The 55 inch vizio tv was just up and Ive been lurking the page ever since. Glad I made that choice because I needed a tv for a gift for someone from xmas.

How can it go from being a lightning deal to not one? It had a countdown and everything.
If you look at the lightning deals for the upcoming deals , there ain't no Vita announced anymore 10 hours from now when the schedule was.In fact it does't feature anywhere on the upcoming lightning deals.

I think $25 for Arkham Origins would a pretty good deal. I picked up a copy from the early access that Best Buy had and this morning I got an email saying they didn't apply my gamer's unlocked 20% discount. Strange because I thought my subscription was expired awhile ago. However, $24 Arkham origins is not a bad deal.

I am hoping to see that $30 PS+ deal and get on that.

I plan to pick up a 3DSXL today, but I'm surprised at the lack of deals on the games. The best thing right now seems to be the B1G1 40% off at TRU. Are there any deals I'm not seeing? So far I've been let down in terms of handheld sales

This might be a little off topic, but I was hoping some of you could maybe help me make one of the biggest decisions of my life.

So I'm in the xbox1 vs ps4 perdicament, and I have 2 gaming buddies who are trying to convince me to go ps4 with them, but I've been an xbox guy and love Xbox Live and the all that.

The only exclusives I was stoked about for xbox is Titanfall, but I could get that for PC if I really wanted to.

I had a ps2 when I was younger and loved it.

I also came to the conclusion that since I'm still buying 360 games (Just bought Rayman Legends, RE5, and Hitman 1-4) that my 360 will still be used on occasion and I will also have it still plugged into my tv and stuff alongside whichever new gen console I get.

The one game I'm most excited for is Destiny, and that isn't out for awhile so there isnt a dire need to rush and get one yet, but my thinks since I'll be using the 360 sill, I should just get the ps4 and have the best of both worlds. But I still love the idea of the xbox1!

Ugh.

Any advice?
This generation i was definitely an xbox man myself. Wrapped up in gamerscore, most games looked better, ect... however i own a PS4 right now and have zero intention of picking up a Xbone in the foreseeable future. The main reason is the whole fiasco they pulled with the always on DRM bullshit and no used games, ect. Yes they reversed it, but only after PS4 raped them silly on preorders and massive consumer backlash. The thing that realy got me was seeing interviews where they claimed they couldn't just take that stuff out that it was part of the core of their design system. THen what did they do? Well surprise surprise they took it out with no issues. That concerns me. If they could turn it on and off like that whats to keep them from suddenly adding an update that puts all that shit back in? fuck Microsoft. Theyve gotten way too arrogant and draconian. Besides PS+ is friggin awesome

Ttanfall does look cool. Its also the only xbox game i was stoked for but i can live without it. HOnestly PS4 doesn't have much right now. Unless you just want to get a new system for the sake of a new system i would wait untill around march or so before you pick anything up thats when games will start actually coming out. But between the two i would definitey pick a PS4 this generation if you could only get one.

Im one of those 'get all systems to play all games' kind of guys, but the Xboxone just really rubbed me the wrong way. PS4 all the way

*edit* i dont see you mention... do you own a ps3? because if you do make sure you keep it. Nothings backwarsds compatible for some reason.. not even PSN games for some reason

This generation i was definitely an xbox man myself. Wrapped up in gamerscore, most games looked better, ect... however i own a PS4 right now and have zero intention of picking up a Xbone in the foreseeable future. The main reason is the whole fiasco they pulled with the always on DRM bullshit and no used games, ect. Yes they reversed it, but only after PS4 raped them silly on preorders and massive consumer backlash. The thing that realy got me was seeing interviews where they claimed they couldn't just take that stuff out that it was part of the core of their design system. THen what did they do? Well surprise surprise they took it out with no issues. That concerns me. If they could turn it on and off like that whats to keep them from suddenly adding an update that puts all that shit back in? fuck Microsoft. Theyve gotten way too arrogant and draconian. Besides PS+ is friggin awesome

Ttanfall does look cool. Its also the only xbox game i was stoked for but i can live without it. HOnestly PS4 doesn't have much right now. Unless you just want to get a new system for the sake of a new system i would wait untill around march or so before you pick anything up thats when games will start actually coming out. But between the two i would definitey pick a PS4 this generation if you could only get one.

Im one of those 'get all systems to play all games' kind of guys, but the Xboxone just really rubbed me the wrong way. PS4 all the way
I greatly appreciate this response, truly. I have been in turmoil the last few months debating on what to do, and this along with a few other replies have really opened my eyes.

As far as ps+ goes, what does that include? It is similar to xblive gold now right, where you need it in order to play online multiplayer?

But it also gives you free games, GOOD ones at that every now and then?

Hopefully snag The Last of Us lightening deal later today. Let's hope its quick and painless.

Also interested in Dark Souls for PS3. You guys think it will go any lower than it's current $14.99? Last Xmas it dropped to $12.99. I'm barely into Demon's Souls, lol, but if I can get Dark Souls on the cheap I'd buy.

No other games really interest me. I'm waiting to see if Game of Thrones Season 2 Limited Ed Blu-ray sells cheap this Holiday. Last year I picked up season one for $39.99.

I greatly appreciate this response, truly. I have been in turmoil the last few months debating on what to do, and this along with a few other replies have really opened my eyes.

As far as ps+ goes, what does that include? It is similar to xblive gold now right, where you need it in order to play online multiplayer?

The only similarity between Xbox Gold and PS plus is that they both are needed to play online multiplayer ( most of the free to play on PS4 don't need it). Aparty from it, PS plus doesn't lock any of the media services or anything other than the online multiplayer behind the paywall.

It also gives 3-4 free games for each system per month. Further, there are weekly discounts on games for PS plus members. The free games basically can be played as long as you are a member of the PS plus. When u leave or your subscription expires, they stay in your account but PS plus is needed to play them.

That more or less sums up PS plus and it's differences from Xbox Live Gold.

*edit* i dont see you mention... do you own a ps3? because if you do make sure you keep it. Nothings backwarsds compatible for some reason.. not even PSN games for some reason
titanfull is on xbox 360 too, so if you own a xbox 360, there is really no need for an xbone, unless you want to pretty graphics

That did help indeed! How is the controller on the ps4 though? I LOVE the xbox controller.
Personally i think i like the new controller. The stick position is better... but i dont like how they seem to be smaller now so its a win loss there. the triggers are much nicer though and the touchpad is neat. One thing that i find strange is the d pad doesn't feel as tight. The dualshocks always had great dpads which i loved, so thats a concern. I havent really tested it in game though because i dont have any games that would be a good trial for it.

I"ll have to mess with it some more but my initial impression is its an improvement over the dualshock 2 which i loved. My only 2 concerns are the dpad seems looser, though i havent confrimed it in game, and the sticks seem a bit smaller which sucks for me because i have big hands. Oh and I still feel weird using option instead of start... having the share button replace select is stupid

titanfull is on xbox 360 too, so if you own a xbox 360, there is really no need for an xbone, unless you want to pretty graphics
A cross gen game, as you guys have already seen with the ones out , won't have really a big jump in graphics. So 360 will suffice to play Titanfall.

So are people going for 'The Last of Us' or 'Beyond: Two Souls'? I'd like to get both, but I'm guessing I'll have zero chance of getting the one I click second. lol. 

Wonder if the 'The Last of Us' will get a GOTY or Complete edition next year.  

AC 3 is sorta tempting for $15 but not that much.

Maybe Last of Us for $25. Figure it will go cheaper, maybe even free on playstation plus for free in 6 months.

There's no rush to buy now since there aren't any Holiday deals I'm aware of. I would wait til next year until Titanfall comes out. See how the X1 and PC versions compare and if it's a must buy title for X1. I know it sucks to have friends with new consoles already. Most of mine bought the X1, which is why I got one yesterday. I do intend on buying the PS4 at some point (late 2014/early 2015 most likely) so the decision was easier for me. Wait out the Holiday pressure to buy now and see what happens first quarter 2014. That's my advice. :)

i called amazon since batman arkham origins never went on sale they offered to sell it to me for $49.99 wow I could buy it on the site cheaper than that

There's no rush to buy now since there aren't any Holiday deals I'm aware of. I would wait til next year until Titanfall comes out. See how the X1 and PC versions compare and if it's a must buy title for X1. I know it sucks to have friends with new consoles already. Most of mine bought the X1, which is why I got one yesterday. I do intend on buying the PS4 at some point (late 2014/early 2015 most likely) so the decision was easier for me. Wait out the Holiday pressure to buy now and see what happens first quarter 2014. That's my advice. :)

I wouldnTh't
i actually think most people buy consoles based on what their friends get, so they can play with your their friends. instead of what games they actually want, or system they prefer.

Same here. I owned a PS1 and PS2 back in the day. The sheer hubris Sony displayed at launch for the PS3 turned me off of that system and I ended up getting an Xbox 360 instead. I had some great years with it and I was very excited about the Xbox One before they announced anything. I'd assumed that they would take everything that I loved about the 360 and improve upon it.

Instead, they developed the same "We're too big to fail! LOL!!!1" mentality that Sony had after the success of the PS1 and PS2. The Xbox One that was revealed was a consumer-unfriendly DRM nightmare. They also ditched MS Points - yes, I know some people hated them, but I could always buy points cards for considerably cheaper than face value and that made (in retrospect, very mediocre) game sales better. Add to that the fact that Microsoft has burned quite a few bridges with indie devs and Japanese companies meaning that some good titles won't appear on the Xbox One. Having to pay for Xbox Live just to Netflix ("yo dawg, I heard you like subscriptions"). Then came the random banhammerings to a dedicated portion of their community. The mandatory Kinect plus the PRISM/NSA leak (yes, call me paranoid - but just no)... It all culminated in me deciding to migrate back to Sony's camp. And honestly, it felt like coming home.

you know thats a really good way of putting it. Sony got too big for its britches with the PS3 after 2 killer generations, and thats what just happened with the Xbone after the 360. Sony seems to have learned its lesson, lets hope MS does with the . umm.. whatever retarded name they give their next console

Personally i think i like the new controller. The stick position is better... but i dont like how they seem to be smaller now so its a win loss there. the triggers are much nicer though and the touchpad is neat. One thing that i find strange is the d pad doesn't feel as tight. The dualshocks always had great dpads which i loved, so thats a concern. I havent really tested it in game though because i dont have any games that would be a good trial for it.

I"ll have to mess with it some more but my initial impression is its an improvement over the dualshock 2 which i loved. My only 2 concerns are the dpad seems looser, though i havent confrimed it in game, and the sticks seem a bit smaller which sucks for me because i have big hands. Oh and I still feel weird using option instead of start... having the share button replace select is stupid
great insight! Hopefully I can get my hands on a controller at gamestop and just get a feel for it!

I forgot about that, hmmmm. Then it would come to xbox 360 or just get it for pc. Probably pc I'm guessing.

The only similarity between Xbox Gold and PS plus is that they both are needed to play online multiplayer ( most of the free to play on PS4 don't need it). Aparty from it, PS plus doesn't lock any of the media services or anything other than the online multiplayer behind the paywall.

It also gives 3-4 free games for each system per month. Further, there are weekly discounts on games for PS plus members. The free games basically can be played as long as you are a member of the PS plus. When u leave or your subscription expires, they stay in your account but PS plus is needed to play them.

That more or less sums up PS plus and it's differences from Xbox Live Gold.
Thats pretty cool, and the prices are the same for the year?

This honestly makes me want to impulse buy and just pick up a ps4 like today, but I would'nt realy have any games to play on it just yet, so I guess theres no rush yet. But it would be nice to get it over with and have it.

One major issue is I already own FIFA 14, Black Flag, and BF4 and 360 and I'm suppose to trade them in to gamestop for xbone versions. So If I do go ps4, I wonder what Ill do with those copies? Maybe trade them to someone for ps4 versions? Or try to sell them somehow on craigslist or something? Thats the only issue I have.

Thoughts on that?

So are people going for 'The Last of Us' or 'Beyond: Two Souls'? I'd like to get both, but I'm guessing I'll have zero chance of getting the one I click second. lol.

Wonder if the 'The Last of Us' will get a GOTY or Complete edition next year.
Look at the reviews. The Last of Us scored much higher. Open two windows side by side, click on The Last of Us and then try Beyond. I did that previous years and managed to get two games.

bread's done
Back