Amazon Blu-ray Goldbox starts today!

Looks like one action movie 3-pack, a player, a remote and a sale on Prison Break.

[quote name='Janus_Zeal']Day by day "guy movies"... the Friday movies?[/QUOTE]
That would be my guess, well see when 9 am rolls around.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Don't get your hopes up for anything spectacular. The gold box sales aren't very good anymore.[/QUOTE]
I agree I haven't been that excited about the deals theve been posting, hopefully this time we can get something good.:)

I think they're gonna put up some more of those that we voted on. Aren't they doing this type of thing for several days? They'll probably leave the "best" for last, so as to tempt you with other less savory offers first.

Rambo 1-3. Great.

Looks like the last deal is going to be season 3 of Prison Break. Didn't these sales used to at least be somewhat tempting?

this is absurd. i bought that rambo BD set off of amazon for 18$ last year. what a waste.

btw i really dont think this is the result of our vote, no one in their right mind would vote for rambo.

its probably not fair to compare the prices to last years black friday.. but i supposed its a decent price for anyone who missed out

[quote name='roymustang']Got the Toshiba 40" 1080p HDTV for $599, that was an insane deal, thanks OP[/QUOTE]

i saw that. if i hadnt already had an HDTV id be all over it. unfortunately i bought one about a year and a half ago (JVC, 37" 1080p for 950$). my how prices have fallen. maybe if my CC was empty id pick it up just to upgrade an extra 3" ahhahaha.

anyone know if this tv is actually any good? (ignoring the value)

They raised the price 5 dollars then put on a discount. This set is usually 29.99. It was 19.99 for a few hours last week.

The last one references season three (I think) of prison break. What a strange thing to discount. Whatever happened to the poll they took on deals that included the complete series for Firefly?

[quote name='Lonestar9']I bit for Rambo, missed it last year, and for under $24 for the 3 pics, I find it a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Same. A Friend wanted it and that by today's standards is a good price compared to elsewhere.

I thought there was already a thread for this. Oh well, maybe mods can merge.

I already have firefly. 6am pick looks like an HDMI cable. The rest of the clues are pretty vague and don't sound like particularly "big" titles (last one is some hardware device).

I'm guessing this for the 10 AM:

Journey to the Edge of the Universe

I might actually get it if it's 10 bucks; the kids and I might like it, and I need something to go with the Ghostbusters deal to get FSSS. Anybody actually seen it?

ETA: And the "lions and buffalo" one is probably Relentless Enemies. One of the others could be a Walking With Dinosaurs thing.

The "Dude, extreme" one could be Harold and Kumar: Extreme Unrated Edition, which might make some people happy.

I'm hoping for Austin Powers or something good for "who says the Blus aren't funny", but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting how these are all selling out. They must not have a very large allocation of Gold Box copies?

I have a feeling the next one is "Bikini Destinations" or something like that.

For Wednesday, I'm guessing 10 a.m. PDT is either the Spider-Man trilogy or the Marvel three-pack. Probably the latter. And 6 p.m. PDT is the two X-Files movies packaged together.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']For Wednesday, I'm guessing 10 a.m. PDT is either the Spider-Man trilogy or the Marvel three-pack. Probably the latter. And 6 p.m. PDT is the two X-Files movies packaged together.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

That would be nice

[quote name='postulio']this is absurd. i bought that rambo BD set off of amazon for 18$ last year. what a waste.
see.GIF

btw i really dont think this is the result of our vote, no one in their right mind would vote for rambo.[/QUOTE]

Id love to come across the first blood set.

Marvel 3 pack is pretty horrible. I understand wanting to bundle their movies together but both fantastic 4 movies and daredevil? Talk about a turd sandwich.

I purchased this set from Best Buy earlier this week because these were the last "Comic Book" movies to add into my collection.

I could never Justify it until recently, with new sales.

Whenever I saw these sets at full price I could not help but laugh:booty:.

[quote name='tankass']Marvel 3 pack is pretty horrible. I understand wanting to bundle their movies together but both fantastic 4 movies and daredevil? Talk about a turd sandwich.[/QUOTE]
It's not horrible for $30. Daredevil has some good extras and audio. Silver Surfer has an amazing audio mix and 2+ hours of HD extras, plus a great 3D-esque picture, and the first FF isn't that bad.

bread's done
Back