Amazon Blu-ray Goldbox starts today!

[quote name='tankass']Marvel 3 pack is pretty horrible. I understand wanting to bundle their movies together but both fantastic 4 movies and daredevil? Talk about a turd sandwich.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad. I think the FF movies get a bad rap. I mean, they don't take themselves very seriously. FF2 is pretty good and the DD director's cut is also very different with 30 minutes of extra footage.

[quote name='lolwut?']fuck, I would've bit on that Marvel 3-Pack.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at best buy, if you buy it and another box set such as the X-men trilogy for example you get a $25 gift card. So the price ends up being close to the same deal.

[quote name='devoe']Take a look at best buy, if you buy it and another box set such as the X-men trilogy for example you get a $25 gift card. So the price ends up being close to the same deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I had Amazon credit, and I'm not looking to spend double the price or more in cash.

[quote name='widgetraf']Not a bad deal for the X-Files pack. $24.95 for both movies. Could've been lower though, considering the 2nd one was a let down :([/QUOTE]

agreed on the movie, i grabbed it anyway. I have been waiting to get both movies and the newer one is still 15-18$ in stores so it was a good deal. I do also agree that it could have been cheaper, i was hoping for 19.99 :) .

AVP 2-Pack for $25+

AVP:R has excellent audio, but the everything in frame is severely under lit. I would recommend the set to anyone that like either movie at that price, and as a blind buy for those that like action movies

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ But if you like either Predator or Alien, I don't recommend this Gold Box deal to anyone. :wall:[/QUOTE]
Well, they aren't that bad. The first was pretty entertaining. The second was...well, that's a different story.

the action one is tempting but the only one in the deal i really like is man on fire :whistle2:/

ive been holding off till the last day (which usually has the best) im kind of pissed i missed the firefly set but ive seen it cheaper at mckays and movies-4-sale (local store) used.. i think ill just snag it 35 used next time.

Today is Super Hero Collection for $79.95. Ok deal if you dont own any of those movies.

Not sure about 10am but 2pm will likely be die hard 1-4.

That Superhero set would've gotten a bite at something like $60, but too many of the movies are ehhh and I already own 2 of them.

Die Hard Collection at $40-45 would be epic win, but Amazon will fuck it up somehow, either making it a bad discount, or it turning out to be one of the movies rather than the whole set. We'll see...

[quote name='lolwut?']That Superhero set would've gotten a bite at something like $60, but too many of the movies are ehhh and I already own 2 of them.

Die Hard Collection at $40-45 would be epic win, but Amazon will fuck it up somehow, either making it a bad discount, or it turning out to be one of the movies rather than the whole set. We'll see...[/QUOTE]

It's all 4 for $40. Not bad.

I already have live free or die hard but im going to bite. At 10 bucks a movie for 4 movies and I can just sell my live free or die hard separately also with prime 2 day shipping i cant turn it down. 10 bucks a bluray is my weakspot.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']It's all 4 for $40. Not bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was out when the deal went live, but I borrowed my friend's iPhone and bought it :lol:

I also have Live Free or Die Hard, but I figure I can sell that for at least $10, or trade it for another Blu I want.

Meh, I dunno how you can complain much about a couple of movies that are over 20 years old. The BR.com review of Die Hard actually says the picture does show depth of field, where another review said it didn't.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm really turned off by all of the reviews that say Die Hard 1 and 2 were lazily transferred.[/QUOTE]

True, but I mean, it's $40, and they are going to look better any of the other releases. I already have this set on DVD, and I'm sure it will be a worthy upgrade. I can also sell that set and make even more back towards this purchase.

Like I read on another forum:

Blu > DVD
Crappy Transfer Blu > DVD

Eh, just an ok week on the gold box deals, I ended up not getting anything but only thing I kinda wanted was the DH trilogy but never pulled the trigger on it.

I could be wrong, but did Amazon just drop the Superhero Blu-Ray collection again to $76.99? Was it $79.95 during the Blu-ray sale?

Someone please correct me thanks.

[quote name='basis']I could be wrong, but did Amazon just drop the Superhero Blu-Ray collection again to $76.99? Was it $79.95 during the Blu-ray sale?

Someone please correct me thanks.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yes its price is at $76.99 at the moment.

bread's done
Back