Amazon Blu-Ray Sale: Save up to 50% off List Prices, Over 80 Titles

picked up seasons 2 & 3 of Weeds nothing else too good on there

tempted on District B13

how was bank job???? almost picked it up used (dvd) today but passed

[quote name='AlphakirA']I liked Bank Job, I don't think it's something you'd watch more than once though. Thanks OP, checking out the deal now.[/QUOTE]
+1

Picked up Descent, been waiting on that one to drop forever.

Who cares? This "sale" has a title for literally under a dollar less than what I bought it for last week full price. Plus you can find all this crap (well, some good stuff) cheaper at other sites everyday. Tower's site is particularly good.

Gotta say, I miss HDDVD. Blu-Ray deals have been completely in the shitter since the MGS4 PS3 came out. I challenge Amazon to make me splurge again, dammit.

Sorry friends, I'm pissed.

Was looking for a good deal so I could use the Bill Me Later code. These sales are quite random in their selection. There are a few Buena Vista titles that are common in previous Amazon sales, but others I had hoped would be there are missing. Are these sales often about overstock?

Probably the best of the bunch are the TV shows Mad Men and Weeds. Too bad I already own all the good movie titles.

[quote name='xtremepizan']Who cares? This "sale" has a title for literally under a dollar less than what I bought it for last week full price. Plus you can find all this crap (well, some good stuff) cheaper at other sites everyday. Tower's site is particularly good.

Gotta say, I miss HDDVD. Blu-Ray deals have been completely in the shitter since the MGS4 PS3 came out. I challenge Amazon to make me splurge again, dammit.

Sorry friends, I'm pissed.[/quote]

And people say it doesn't pay to be an early adopter! ;)

Does anyone know around what price the Masters of Horror blurays usually sell for on Amazon? I'm missing volume 3, and $15 would be a nice price to complete the collection, but if it normally sells for $20 or so then I don't need to be in a big rush to pick it up.

The price on The Descent is pretty decent. Even with the DDD 20% coupon I paid almost $5 more than that for it. Definitely picking up Mad Men (even if it's only $1 cheaper now, the original price was pretty good to begin with) and thinking about S1-3 of Weeds. Which season is airing now? Four? Showtime needs to get on the ball and get Dexter, Brotherhood & Californication out the door ASAP.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Does anyone know around what price the Masters of Horror blurays usually sell for on Amazon? I'm missing volume 3, and $15 would be a nice price to complete the collection, but if it normally sells for $20 or so then I don't need to be in a big rush to pick it up.[/quote]

I think it was $18 when I was browsing amazon for blu-Rays

[quote name='graf1k']That's mainly the reason I sold off the copy I had and am holding off currently on Reservoir Dogs too.[/quote]

Hmmm...guess I should have read the review before I traded ;)

[quote name='graf1k']That's mainly the reason I sold off the copy I had and am holding off currently on Reservoir Dogs too.[/quote]
I wish I held off buying Reservoir Dogs, it is one of the reasons I check reviews on BR before I buy them now. Felt like I could have bought it on DVD cheaper and had the same quality. Great movie though of course...

Thanks guys, I am glad I held off on Res. Dogs. I already have two DVD versions, and don't need to end up with two BR versions.

Be sure and read the full reviews on HDDigest, because Peter Bracke might not be your "cup-of-tea" as far movie critics go.
Peter seems to prefer more cheesey feel-good type flicks than me but the fact there there was no additional content was a big negative.
LOL, he gave Reservoir Dogs 1 star and called it "mean-spirited." Ken. Brown has more my sense of a cinematic aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
dang it.... i just ordered district b13 on sunday. i'd HIGHLY recommend it for action film fans. Although it's french it's a bright shining (supernova even) film from the genre.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Thanks guys, I am glad I held off on Res. Dogs. I already have two DVD versions, and don't need to end up with two BR versions.

Be sure and read the full reviews on HDDigest, because Peter Bracke might not be your "cup-of-tea" as far movie critics go.
Peter seems to prefer more cheesey feel-good type flicks than me but the fact there there was no additional content was a big negative.
LOL, he gave Reservoir Dogs 1 star and called it "mean-spirited." Ken. Brown has more my sense of a cinematic aesthetic.[/quote]
That's why it's best to just skip the movie part of the review. All you really need to know is the picture and sound quality.

I'd also recommend the reviews from DVD Talk.

[quote name='smashthesymbols']That's why it's best to just skip the movie part of the review. All you really need to know is the picture and sound quality.

I'd also recommend the reviews from DVD Talk.[/quote]
nice...glad i'm not the only one who does that too

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmmm...guess I should have read the review before I traded ;)[/quote]

:) Yeah, hope you don't feel like I got one over on you. I realized after I bought it though that it was a movie I could easily live without anyway and so far all the import versions of it reviewed seem to have similar problems so who knows, maybe thats the best version we'll see.

bread's done
Back