Amazon Burnout Paradise PS3/360 $29.99

[quote name='chunlirocks']Which console got the better version this time?
I have both consoles.[/quote]

I'd go with the ps3 version.

I have both consoles.

-[/QUOTE]
I've played both and prefer the Xbox 360 version just a little more because of the controls (triggers for racing games). It does look slightly better on the PS3 but the versions are so close you're just getting picky - just my 2 cents. Either system, you can't go wrong, it's a great game.

Also, Thanks for the deal RatedRSuperstar, I'm jumping on this one!

I have both consoles.-[/quote]

Blu-Ray for the win (PS3)

I have both consoles.

-[/quote]

Me too. I chose the PS3 version because backing up saves is easier and there's a PS3 exclusive feature on Criterion's website(the developer) that lets you upload your PS3 save and they mark everything that needs to be collected and found to gain 100% completion.

[quote name='lowenbotten']How well does the PS3 online portion work? I know the 360 version is very good, as usual.[/quote]]

I can't imagine the x360 online portion is any better than the PS3 online, as the PS3 version is flawless. My brother plays it all of the time and hasn't experienced any problems. Plus, PS3 online is free ;)

Also the PS3 version is getting trophy support soon and it will be retroactive, meaning any progress you make now will turn into pay day when the trophy patch hits.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']]

I can't imagine the x360 online portion is any better than the PS3 online, as the PS3 version is flawless. My brother plays it all of the time and hasn't experienced any problems. Plus, PS3 online is free ;)[/quote] What does PS3 online being free have to do with anything? // Also achievements / cross-game invites / universal friends list all active on all XBL games. But I think we already know that.

Does the sandbox concept work well in this game? I'm a Burnout fan, but I've been scared to pay full price for the game since they revamped everything. Now that it's $30 though... How is the game?

good deal!
aces.jpg

dayo.jpg

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']What does PS3 online being free have to do with anything? // Also achievements / cross-game invites / universal friends list all active on all XBL games. But I think we already know that.[/quote]

Definition of Free:
1. Not imprisoned or enslaved; being at liberty.
2. Not controlled by obligation or the will of another.

With the PS3 verison, if you want to play now or later, you don't have to make sure you have an active Live account to play. So if you want to play today, or next year, just pop the game in and play. No need to worry about paying for something you should get for free. This is CAG, I'd expect people to know the difference between free and having to pay, but I guess I'm wrong.

PS3 trophies are supposed to be added soon, anyone from the freinds list can be invited from a universal friends list on PS3 as well. So aside from both running perfectly (I assume the X360 runs just as good as the PS3 version), so they are probably iddentical in online except with PS3 you have the freedom to play online without paying. For someone on the fence between what version they want (PS3/X360), that may be important if they don't have a constantly active Live account or just pay a few months a year or whatever...that's how some of my friends do it...pay only when they know they'll need to play. Don't be a dick, k? People like you make coming to CAG a chore. You can be a X360 fanboy if you want, but don't bash other people's posts who are trying to help.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']With the PS3 verison, if you want to play now or later, you don't have to make sure you have an active Live account to play. So if you want to play today, or next year, just pop the game in and play. No need to worry about paying for something you should get for free. This is CAG, I'd expect people to know the difference between free and having to pay, but I guess I'm wrong.[/quote]

Actually, on either system we are beholden to how long EA decides to keep their servers going for this game. But you are correct on the point about price.

Well what do you know. I decide to buy this for my buddy's birthday on Saturday, using Amazon, for $40. Two days later it drops to $30. Is there any way I can get them to refund the $10? Or at least use it as credit? Thanks!

Such an awesome game. I paid ~26 used at GS a couple weeks ago. I was a fan of the previous Burnout games and this one might be the best yet. It takes a fair amount of time to learn your way around but once you do... man there are some crazy jump/shortcut chains out in the world.

This is a good buy... Burnout Bikes is suppose to be coming soon for DLC (w/ 15 hours of gameplay) and it will be FREE! :)

[quote name='fatez']This is a good buy... Burnout Bikes is suppose to be coming soon for DLC (w/ 15 hours of gameplay) and it will be FREE! :)[/quote]

Have they specified that the motorcycle DLC will be free? I know the last few updates have been, but I hadn't heard anything about the motorcycles.

[quote name='MC Hampster']Have they specified that the motorcycle DLC will be free? I know the last few updates have been, but I hadn't heard anything about the motorcycles.[/quote]

Yes, all updates are free. :D

I have both consoles.

-[/quote]

I don't know if you want to take GameSpot's word for it, especially after their bad-review/firing fiasco, but their initial review said the PS3 has slightly better graphics but the 360 allows you to play your own music instead of the crap the game comes with.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I don't know if you want to take GameSpot's word for it, especially after their bad-review/firing fiasco, but their initial review said the PS3 has slightly better graphics but the 360 allows you to play your own music instead of the crap the game comes with.[/quote]

And of course, the PS3 version lets you play your own music now with a patch.

THis is a good buy, and the updates are free, but the problem with the game is the free roam -- who wants to drive around looking for a race. I prefer something a little more straightforward.

[quote name='Justin42']Email them through the customer service pages.. Amazon is awesome about matching their own prices.[/quote]

cool, I emailed them and they replied saying they'd honor their special, so I'd only be billed $29.99. good stuff, thanks! =)

bread's done
Back