Amazon Buy 2 Get 1 Free (LionGate & Warner) [Valid Offer Through April 18, 2008]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
LionGate & Warner 58 Titles! :hot:

Link

$18.95
Blue Planet (IMAX)

$19.95
The Fifth Element: Remastered
Black Hawk Down
Run Lola Run
Dawn of the Dead
Reservoir Dogs (15th Anniversary)
Monty Python's Life Of Brian: The Immaculate Edition
Big Fish
Unforgiven
Seven Years in Tibet
Into the Blue
Curse of the Golden Flower
Halloween
Viva Las Vegas
A Knight's Tale
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 1
50 First Dates
Hitch
Revenge (Unrated Director's Cut)
Wild Things
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
The Fugitive
Jailhouse Rock
To Kill A King
Rent
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 2
Closer
A View From Space With Heavenly Music
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 3
Masters of Horror: Season 1, Vol. 4
Hollow Man
Flatliners
The Cowboys
The Tailor of Panama
Out of Justice

$20.95
Beowulf & Grendel
Dispatch: Zimbabwe: Live at Madison Square Garden
Murial Anderson: Guitarscape Planet

$23.95
Troy: Director's Cut
The Departed
New Orleans Concert: The Music of America's Soul
Nature's Colors
ATL

$24.95
Pan's Labyrinth
Ocean's Thirteen

$26.95
Lord of War
Crash
War

$27.95
Blade Runner (5-Disc Complete Collector's Edition)
The Condemned
Crank

Damn you're good, I thought I was gonna be the one to post this!

It's a pretty crappy selection though compared to the previous B2G1 sales.

Well, I didn't check out the full list but just looking at the first 12 titles on there, 8 of them are fantastic films. Doesn't look like a crappy selection to me.

[quote name='AlphakirA']did they raise prices on these? I could've swore quite a few of the $20 titles were $15.99-17.99...[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually raises the price during B2G1F sales. They'll go back down once the sale is over.

Thanks OP! Been waiting weeks for a sale like this. Picked up Run Lola Run, Pan's Labyrinth, and Blade Runner for about 52$!

This may be the first Amazon bluray sale I pass up. Nothing on there really catches my eye and most of those blurays in the 19.95 section I've found for $10-13 the past few months.. Thanks anyway OP.

Nice job on putting them all in order, very helpful. I saw the movie "War" in the sale as well, you might want to add that in your original post. ^.^

[quote name='thePhildown']This may be the first Amazon bluray sale I pass up. Nothing on there really catches my eye and most of those blurays in the 19.95 section I've found for $10-13 the past few months.. Thanks anyway OP.

Nice job on putting them all in order, very helpful. I saw the movie "War" in the sale as well, you might want to add that in your original post. ^.^[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

For Visa cardholders, save $5 off $50 (takes place before the B2G1 discount, so it should work)

DVD5BFHR

Just ordered Evil Dead 2, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead or $35 shipped.

[quote name='Bezerker']For Visa cardholders, save $5 off $50 (takes place before the B2G1 discount, so it should work)

DVD5BFHR

Just ordered Evil Dead 2, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead or $35 shipped.[/QUOTE]

For Amazon Visa cardholders only? I'm using a regular VISA and it doesn't seem to be working.

Decent selection, definitely a few standouts at least that may make it worth it. I might pick up Bladerunner, Pan's and Crank, but not sure yet, even with the $5 off for Visa cardholders it would still be about $17 per movie, but if you assume that Amazon nudged their prices up a buck or two for the sale you could price match them down afterwards.

[quote name='silentspork']Decent selection, definitely a few standouts at least that may make it worth it. I might pick up Bladerunner, Pan's and Crank, but not sure yet, even with the $5 off for Visa cardholders it would still be about $17 per movie, but if you assume that Amazon nudged their prices up a buck or two for the sale you could price match them down afterwards.[/QUOTE]

Would you still be able to pricematch even though you got the B2G1?

Also, how is Pan's? Never seen it and might jump on the blind buy.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Would you still be able to pricematch even though you got the B2G1?

Also, how is Pan's? Never seen it and might jump on the blind buy.[/QUOTE]
I haven't either, but I've heard lots of good things about it. I've definitely had Amazon price match on B2G1 free before, they've even given me a couple bucks back on the free one

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Would you still be able to pricematch even though you got the B2G1?

Also, how is Pan's? Never seen it and might jump on the blind buy.[/quote]

Very good, Ive been meaning to pick it up.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1181/panslabyrinth.html

Im thinking about ordering Blade Runner and Pan's Labyrinth, but i cant decide on a 3rd title to make it a decent deal. I was thinking Crank or Lord of War but then it Avg's out to $18.30 and thats just a tad high for my cheap ass.

I would most definitely get 300/The Departed/Pans if I didn't have the first two already. I This deal would work out for me.

Thanks for the feedback on Pan's. I think I'll get it and the first 2 seasons of Weeds (also a blind buy).

I'd like to have The Departed on Blu-ray but love my standard DVD version in the steelbook. Hmph. :p

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Thanks for the feedback on Pan's. I think I'll get it and the first 2 seasons of Weeds (also a blind buy).

I'd like to have The Departed on Blu-ray but love my standard DVD version in the steelbook. Hmph. :p[/quote]

Weeds is actually very good, ive watched the first season but ahvent had a chance to watch the 2nd yet, and the 3rd will be out pretty soon. Its a great buy as far as im concerned.

[quote name='Cmoore58']How is the Masters of Horror Series? It sounds alot tlike tales from crypt.[/quote]

I ordered all 4 from Deep Discount yesterday since they are cheaper than this sale ($12.21 ea) but on Back Order. There seems to be a range of review but seem to be decent for the prices esp if a fan of horror.

These BOGO's have always tried to get me to pick up three discs at the same price, and this one's been hard.

I did find Curse Of The Golden Flower, Run Lola Run and Black Hawk Down that would work at $19.95 each. I picked up Crank & Lord Of War from J&R when they had them for $13.99, so it nets out to about the same after shipping when getting them on the B2G1 at $28. I picked up a number of other titles along the way, as well.

They raised up the price of many of them by a buck, particularly the Lionsgate releases. I'm gonna have to pass on this sale, there are a few I want, but there is a price disparity between them that makes the deal not that great.

What makes people think this deal is bad is just that these are basically the titles that are on every B2G1.

I'm really tempted to just buy Blade Runner. I have never seen it, but heard some good things about it. I like Harrison Ford and sci fi, so would it be worth to pick it up or just rent it on DVD?

Might pick up 300 and A Knights Tale if I decide to pick up Blade Runner...

I'd give my left nut if they had included Warner's THE FOUNTAIN. I'll probably still go for PAN'S LABYRINTH, THE FUGITIVE and FLATLINERS.

So what are some must have movies on Blu-ray. I only have a couple Blu-ray movies and I'd sure like to expand my collection. I'll watch pretty much anything. Sci-fi, horror, action, drama, anything.

I bought Run Lola Run yesterday (along with Gattaca and Clockwork Orange) and didn't know about this deal. Sad.

Blade Runner is a must see. You might not like it that much the 1st time, but it gets better every viewing.

[quote name='anomynous']Blade Runner is a must see. You might not like it that much the 1st time, but it gets better every viewing.[/QUOTE]

That's funny that you say that, but I just saw it when it was in the theater a few months ago and had to say that I liked it a great deal less than I did the last time that I saw it.

To each their own.

In regards to the deal, I wish they wouldn't raise their prices to do these deals, but I guess they have to make a few extra bucks on Blu-Ray now that there isn't the competition driving prices.

Thanks for the info OP.

Beware Pans. It's a strange movie. Definitely watch before buying. I saw it on StarzHD or something a while back and boy am I glad I didn't buy it blind.

Just grabbed Departed, Troy, Resevoir Dogs, Closer (all of which I have on standard), Unforgiven, and Fugitive. I've started rebuying movies on bluray when they have these deals and such.

Picked up Pan's (replacing my imported Korean DVD), Lord of War, and Curse of the Golden Flower all for around 45 after the early adopter discount.

I'm surprised I still get that discount, but hey I am not complaining.

[quote name='lurknomore']I remember reading somewhere that there was a $5 off a $50 DVD purchase, that could apply to this deal. Anyone know of the code?[/quote]

DVDSAVE5 But it's expired now. There may be a new code but I haven't heard of any

[quote name='lurknomore']I remember reading somewhere that there was a $5 off a $50 DVD purchase, that could apply to this deal. Anyone know of the code?[/QUOTE]
DVD5BFHR

Must use Amazon Visa

[quote name='silentspork']DVD5BFHR

Must use Amazon Visa[/quote]
Is this a one time use coupon? Wouldn't let me use it but I have once before.

Also, does anyone want just one title? I really only want 2 titles but would still like to get in on this deal. PM me if interested.

bread's done
Back