Amazon: Buy One Kinect Game, Get One Free

man, bought Child of Eden at Kmart with the $15 credit

guess I really don't need to buy Kinect immediately as it is (though Dance Central is excellent!)

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I want to get an exercise game for the fam... don't know which is better: "Biggest Loser" or "Your Shape Fitness Evolved".

Recommendation?[/QUOTE]

funny my gf was just talking about Biggest Loser Kinect.

I have Your Shape and it's pretty good. I wish UFC was part of this sale because I've heard great things about that one. You can't go wrong with Your Shape though.

wow - everything is shipping in x-x weeks. This sale is not gonna last much longer.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I want to get an exercise game for the fam... don't know which is better: "Biggest Loser" or "Your Shape Fitness Evolved".

Recommendation?[/QUOTE]

G4TV did a segment earlier this year where they compared three workout games to figure out which was the best. They put Biggest Loser against EA Sports Active 2 and Get Fit with Mel B.

For what it's worth, the personal trainer they asked said Biggest Loser was the best of those three.

Here's a link to the video (featuring Sara Underwood):

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/51016/X-Play-Investigates-Can-Videogames-Help-You-Lose-Weight/

Just ordered Dance Central and Kinect Sports to go with my like new kinect I received from Marketplace for $84.99. So I got Kinect Adventures, sensor, Dance Central and Kinect Sports for less than a Brand new kinect. I will wait for COE to drop in price some more(it is a ubisoft game so it will drop fast) for me, since the kinect is mainly for my 7 and 4 year old to play as they really enjoy it. Dad and mom play it also, and it is fun to play as a family.
I love buying from Amazon.

[quote name='confoosious']Am I the only one who is getting tired of hearing this stuff? Does anyone play games anymore?

Can we please have a flipping forum?

---

Speaking of Wipeout, for those who actually have played it, is it just me or does your character not stop running very well? Seems like I'm constantly falling off shit cause the motion sensor still thinks I'm running when I've stopped dead for 1-2 seconds already.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you in a lot of the threads that turn into flipping threads? Maybe you're trying to prevent them from becoming flipping threads but you have a large presence on the Best Buy Trade-in thread...

Regardless, this is one of the few posts I've made regarding flipping, but I thought some people may benefit from it.

[quote name='hlb96']Just ordered Dance Central and Kinect Sports to go with my like new kinect I received from Marketplace for $84.99. So I got Kinect Adventures, sensor, Dance Central and Kinect Sports for less than a Brand new kinect. I will wait for COE to drop in price some more(it is a ubisoft game so it will drop fast) for me, since the kinect is mainly for my 7 and 4 year old to play as they really enjoy it. Dad and mom play it also, and it is fun to play as a family.
I love buying from Amazon.[/QUOTE] I snagged a "very good" Kinect today for $84.99. I wish I had seen a like new one! I'm sure mine will be fine though. The seller had a recent complaint that Kinect Adventures didn't work, but the guy was happy because he got Kinect for $85. I hope mine turns out well.

[quote name='confoosious']funny my gf was just talking about Biggest Loser Kinect.

I have Your Shape and it's pretty good. I wish UFC was part of this sale because I've heard great things about that one. You can't go wrong with Your Shape though.

wow - everything is shipping in x-x weeks. This sale is not gonna last much longer.[/QUOTE] Yeah, Kinect Sports says 1-3 weeks. I'll get it right before I go off to college, which is good because we can play it in the apartment. I thought about getting Wipeout, but it said 1-2 months and the score on metacritic is pretty low. Child of Eden already shipped and will be delivered Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Speaking of Wipeout, for those who actually have played it, is it just me or does your character not stop running very well? Seems like I'm constantly falling off shit cause the motion sensor still thinks I'm running when I've stopped dead for 1-2 seconds already.[/QUOTE]

Did you read the manual? It's not just that you have to stop running, but you need to put your hands up in a "push" type motion to stop (and back up). Maybe that will help you some.

Just ordered Dance Central and Child of Eden... Too bad I bought Child of Eden a couple days ago from Amazon from their DotD. Guess I'll return that copy.

[quote name='hostyl1']Did you read the manual? It's not just that you have to stop running, but you need to put your hands up in a "push" type motion to stop (and back up). Maybe that will help you some.[/QUOTE]

what the hell is a manual? :)

I actually didn't know that. I've been conditioned by ubisoft and EA to think I never need a manual. This tidbit will definitely help. Thanks.

Is Wipeout any good? No kids here, just the occasional gaming session with the girlfriend and some friends.

[quote name='ryheeles']Is Wipeout any good? No kids here, just the occasional gaming session with the girlfriend and some friends.[/QUOTE]

It's fun but definitely geared toward kids. Same with Carnival Games. I was actually impressed with how accurate Carnival Games is. Huge improvement over the wii version. You actually feel like how fast you "toss" the ring actually matters.

Seems the Kinect games are either workout games or geared towards kids. I was hoping gangbuster sales for Child of Eden so developers would release more adult oriented games.

Recommendation?[/QUOTE]

Biggest Loser probably provides better workouts, but the damn thing couldn't track my movements at all when I had it. Not sure if it's been patched, but it was worthless back in November.

Your Shape is pretty awesome, though.

Dammit. I've been checking back on the forum religiously to see if they PM'ed the deal. Looks like they did, but now it looks like it's going to be a long wait. Hopefully my status as a Student Prime member gets me my games faster.

I'm having trouble cancelling my Best Buy order though. It's been backordered, so hopefully they accept my cancellation.

[quote name='confoosious']A lot of people are gonna be very disappointed when they find out the UPC from the 240 pt one is different from the regular one that trades in at amazon. Your alternative is GS who doesn't care.

In any case, Child of Eden is so cool and I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Rez.[/QUOTE]

sure. :roll:

[quote name='CAG Muroso']sure. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Are you being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole?

I'm not sure what part of what I said would elicit your response.

Dunno if it has been mentioned, but Child of Eden is part of the Best Buy deal, too.

Still, I'm sad I went to best buy for this deal. I picked up Child of Eden and Wipeout. I should have just waited and went for Child of Eden and Kinect Sports. I would have paid $5 less, no tax, and I wouldn't have picked a terrible game (Wipeout).

[quote name='GreyFox787']Dunno if it has been mentioned, but Child of Eden is part of the Best Buy deal, too.

Still, I'm sad I went to best buy for this deal. I picked up Child of Eden and Wipeout. I should have just waited and went for Child of Eden and Kinect Sports. I would have paid $5 less, no tax, and I wouldn't have picked a terrible game (Wipeout).[/QUOTE]

The reviews make it sound like its not a terrible game. Just not an outstanding game.

I snagged 2 Child of Eden; will sell one to offset the price of the other (some). Too bad shipping is 2-3 weeks out, maybe it will ship sooner. Thanks.

Oh wow, something really odd happened here with my credit. I ordered a Kinect for 84 dollars from warehouse deals and also ordered Child of Eden and Dance central. About a half hour later, I realized that a friend of mine has dance central and I can most likely just borrow his copy. So I canceled the 2 Kinect games and reordered Child of Eden and Kinect Sports this time instead. After I placed the order I wound up with 2 dollars left of credit. I started with 215... I should have 80 something left... Has anyone here had this issue before?

Just ordered Dance Central and Child of Eden. Thinking of ordering something to go with Kinect Sports, any suggestions?

[quote name='confoosious']It's fun but definitely geared toward kids. Same with Carnival Games. I was actually impressed with how accurate Carnival Games is. Huge improvement over the wii version. You actually feel like how fast you "toss" the ring actually matters.

Seems the Kinect games are either workout games or geared towards kids. I was hoping gangbuster sales for Child of Eden so developers would release more adult oriented games.[/QUOTE]

Wait until the JP devs come out with that list of "core" Kinect games. Mech Assault, Dragoon seem like they are all worth while if they do it properly.

[quote name='abhinav']Just ordered Dance Central and Child of Eden. Thinking of ordering something to go with Kinect Sports, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Child of Eden

[quote name='fortunado']I snagged 2 Child of Eden; will sell one to offset the price of the other (some). Too bad shipping is 2-3 weeks out, maybe it will ship sooner. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Better hurry because CoE TiV is dropping like a rock...

yeah, doh. i got my 2 CoE's yesterday at 3pm. paid 45 no tax free shipping.
wanted to turn it into 44+40% at bestbuy, but i am a lazy person. yesterday was my only day off and i worked til 8am, so i came home and platted dark of the moon (x2 xp so only took an hour to get max level) and then went to bed for 3 hours. i got up and was lazy and just played games w kids/wife/baby all day. i think 22 can't drop too much, 20 or 18 even and im good.
i wake up today and it's 17. ugh. omg so now i will almost break even. haha
sometimes flippn fails. i locked it in at 44 so i know at worst im out a $, but damn, i could have had +$17 last night. oh wellz winsome break even sometimes...
i guess that's good when i want to buy it for ps3 tho, short single player campaign = fast price drops. so yay... eventually when i want to keep it.

my shipping on coe was next day, maybe i got lucky. i ordered it thursday at like 1 am, and got here friday by 4pm. i was even at bestbuy at noonish but that was before ups dropped it off, and i didnt want to go back. doh

I got Child of Eden in the mail yesterday. Kinect Sports was a few weeks away from being shipped, but I got an email from Amazon saying I'd get it Wednesday.

Edit: Kinect Sports shipped and will be at my doorstep Tuesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Child of Eden is crazy good, but I like it better with the controller. I also got Carnival games and... what a piece of trash! My kids cant even stand it. Its not as accurate as it should be and most of the games suck AND it takes way longer than it should to load stuff up. The music is grating, the gameplay just plain stinks, and it is not fun at all from what we have played of it. Blah... trading this one in after some cheevos...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Better hurry because CoE TiV is dropping like a rock...[/QUOTE]

Well if nothing else I have a friend whose birthday is coming up and he has a Kinect.

Thanks to the Best Buy sale, I have Dance Central and Child of Eden. I have all of the Kinect titles that I currently want. All in all, I paid under $200 for my Kinect plus games. Kinect Sports is fun as hell though.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah, doh. i got my 2 CoE's yesterday at 3pm. paid 45 no tax free shipping.
wanted to turn it into 44+40% at bestbuy, but i am a lazy person. yesterday was my only day off and i worked til 8am, so i came home and platted dark of the moon (x2 xp so only took an hour to get max level) and then went to bed for 3 hours. i got up and was lazy and just played games w kids/wife/baby all day. i think 22 can't drop too much, 20 or 18 even and im good.
i wake up today and it's 17. ugh. omg so now i will almost break even. haha
sometimes flippn fails. i locked it in at 44 so i know at worst im out a $, but damn, i could have had +$17 last night. oh wellz winsome break even sometimes...
i guess that's good when i want to buy it for ps3 tho, short single player campaign = fast price drops. so yay... eventually when i want to keep it.

my shipping on coe was next day, maybe i got lucky. i ordered it thursday at like 1 am, and got here friday by 4pm. i was even at bestbuy at noonish but that was before ups dropped it off, and i didnt want to go back. doh[/QUOTE]

Sell it in ebay or Craigslist...you'll get more money for a sealed copy.

nice find.....love amazon...
f.gif

bread's done
Back