Amazon.ca Halo Wars/Gears2/Halo3/Fable2 $10 DEAD NOW, check back Dec 26?

It's definitely going to be cancelled, but at least we'll get to enjoy the dream right now. It's the Scott's Tots of video game sales.

[quote name='MrGone']It's definitely going to be cancelled, but at least we'll get to enjoy the dream right now. It's the Scott's Tots of video game sales.[/QUOTE]

I guess that means one of us is going to get free shipping on the random filler item used to reach the forty buck quota?

[quote name='JGonspy']I guess that means one of us is going to get free shipping on the random filler item used to reach the forty buck quota?[/QUOTE]

LOL, love you guy. I was just thinking the same thing...and then thought...'why am i worried about the $4 shipping if i was to REALLY get a psp for $20?'

Hahahaha. But still, it'd be good to make them honour the free shipping on the filler item even when they cancel all our psps.

[quote name='MrGone']It's definitely going to be cancelled, but at least we'll get to enjoy the dream right now. It's the Scott's Tots of video game sales.[/QUOTE]

Nice Office quote :mrgreen: I hope it doesn't get cancelled for you guys. I wanted to order one but my parents went to bed and I don't have a credit card. Damn my 16 year-old-ness. BLARGH

[quote name='JGonspy']I guess that means one of us is going to get free shipping on the random filler item used to reach the forty buck quota?[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, until they restore the price it's free shipping for everyone! I didn't even bother with a filler, I was in full credit card inputting panic mode :)

[quote name='poiuiu']Izuna 2, 4 bucks. lol
http://www.amazon.ca/Izuna-2-Unempl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1261815408&sr=1-1

They can't get rid of this game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that game is awesome and deserves so much more. Fly free, Izuna 2, find homes that love you.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Nice Office quote :mrgreen: I hope it doesn't get cancelled for you guys. I wanted to order one but my parents went to bed and I don't have a credit card. Damn my 16 year-old-ness. BLARGH[/QUOTE]

You won't be missing anything except for some half-assed fist waving when we get the cancellation mails ;) And maybe some free shipping on something that has a chance of going through

Yeah, I've wanted a PSP for quite some time, but I really haven't had the money. The price most likely was going to be $149, but I'm really not going to complain. I'll get Midnight Club LA Complete for $15, at least.

Ordered:
- PSP
- Batman Begins Blu Ray
- The Dark Knight Blu Ray
- Four Christmases Blu Ray

Doesn't matter to me if the PSP order gets cancelled, I only wanted the movies anyway, and won't have to find another filler item :D

So how does this work? If I decide that I no longer want my filler books and $5 mouse that I wanted when the PSP was $20, am I:

a) stuck with them without free shipping since my order would then drop under $39
b) stuck with them, but amazon will still honour free shipping
c) able to cancel them considering I have selected not to ship them until all items are ready.

[quote name='flames23']So how does this work? If I decide that I no longer want my filler books and $5 mouse that I wanted when the PSP was $20, am I:

a) stuck with them without free shipping since my order would then drop under $39
b) stuck with them, but amazon will still honour free shipping
c) able to cancel them considering I have selected not to ship them until all items are ready.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Amazon will honor the free shipping if they cancel your PSP.
If the rest of your order has already shipped, I don't think you can cancel, but you should be able to return the items to get a refund.

Amazon Customer service [phone] has generally been very nice in my experience. One time they shipped my order to the wrong address; I was given a refund on my items (once they'd received their merch back), and they shipped my order again to the right address.

Thanks for the reply. Again with my point c I mentioned selecting not to have anything shipped until all items are ready so I think cancelling may be a possibility.

Now my frustration is that it gives you 30 minutes to add more '1 click ordering' items before closing out that order...even though you can 're-open it' manually through the account function. However, I could not exchange the $5 mouse I didn't REALLY want or need, but it bumped me over $39.

I tried replacing it with the Final Destination Trilogy dvd pack, but it started a new order by itself. Grrr.

[quote name='flames23']Thanks for the reply. Again with my point c I mentioned selecting not to have anything shipped until all items are ready so I think cancelling may be a possibility.

Now my frustration is that it gives you 30 minutes to add more '1 click ordering' items before closing out that order...even though you can 're-open it' manually through the account function. However, I could not exchange the $5 mouse I didn't REALLY want or need, but it bumped me over $39.

I tried replacing it with the Final Destination Trilogy dvd pack, but it started a new order by itself. Grrr.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried replacing/exchanging things in orders I've already placed, sorry, I can't help there. I would just try calling Customer Service, and see if they can manually change your order for you.

I don't know if these numbers are still valid:
http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/read.cgi?id=amazonphone.a

Thanks for being so helpful bud! I'll see how long I have to wait on hold if the number works and see how it goes.

Or...you might have wasted your time as I'll be too lazy to even attempt a call ;)

Hehe, you're a good guy though.

Here's the info from the Customer Service section:

"Our customer service representatives are available:
Monday-Sunday:6:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Pacific)

During normal hours, please take advantage of our Call Me service.

Click the Call Me button or you can reach us at 1-877-586-3230 to use our automated customer service system.
International customers can reach us at 1-206-266-2882. Charges may apply."

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I'm pretty sure Amazon will honor the free shipping if they cancel your PSP.
If the rest of your order has already shipped, I don't think you can cancel, but you should be able to return the items to get a refund.

Amazon Customer service [phone] has generally been very nice in my experience. One time they shipped my order to the wrong address; I was given a refund on my items (once they'd received their merch back), and they shipped my order again to the right address.[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to me before. I ordered a few items from Amazon, and about a week later, one of them got cancelled by them because it was OoS, which bumped my order to under $39. They tacked on a shipping charge to go along with this.

I was pissed off and ended up canceling my whole order.

Thanks guys,

I woke up at 8:30am went on amazon and got Batman Begins Blu Ray $9.99, The Dark Knight Blu Ray $9.99, Trauma Centre Wii $15.99, Unemplyed ninja $3.96. I was done shopping by 8:35. Not having to leave my house on December 26th with 2 cm of ice on my truck, very nice.

We Ski $4.96
Excite Bots: Trick Racing with Wheel $19.96
Trauma Center: New Blood $15.99
The Dark Knight (Two-Disc Special Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] $9.99
Batman Begins [Blu-ray] $9.99

It happen for to my brother once, they gave back the money for shipping and another 10$ for a coupon, I believe, so it was a freaking good deal. Something like 2 manga for 10$.

Looks like the $30 PSP is out of stock. Awwwww. :(

Guess it's crazy to expect a PSP for that little anyway. No big. Congrats to anyone who got one at that, assuming they honour the price.

At about 4:00am I had ExciteBots for Wii in my shopping cart for $21. I was reading something on the internet before I placed the order and when I did go to continue the order, the price was down to $10.

My white PSP order was cancelled too. No biggie though, I never actually expected Amazon to ship a new PSP for $20.

It was wishful thinking for a while though, that's for sure. :)

cancellation.png

[quote name='ass-assassin']I had this happen to me before. I ordered a few items from Amazon, and about a week later, one of them got cancelled by them because it was OoS, which bumped my order to under $39. They tacked on a shipping charge to go along with this.

I was pissed off and ended up canceling my whole order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, obviously my PSP was cancelled too. I went and checked on the order, and they tacked on a $10 delivery charge for my two books since it took my order just under $39.

Time to cancel since they were filler items anyway.

I join the band wagon with the rest of you with my order of 10 PSP got cancelled...

Nahhh just teasing you :) I only had 1 PSP + 1 Gear of War 2 GOTY in my basket. Now only Gear of War 2 GOTY remain and now got the shipping charge and still a 1 month waiting time :whistle2:(.

Mine is still sitting in my cart. The shipping notice says...

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed."

I had mine in the cart before pretty much anyone else so maybe that has something to do with it. Says it's shipping on the 29th of this month along with Jak and Daxter PSP, and arriving on the 5th of January.

After Amazon cancelled my PSP they charged me shipping on the rest of my order (Jak and Daxter). I emailed them and they refunded me the full shipping charges including the tax so I'm happy.

[quote name='kn00tcn']hmmm midnightclubLA complete was yesterday only?[/QUOTE]

was it less than 30$? If so, sucks that I missed it. That's one PS3 game I have my eyes on.

EITHER WAY WORST AMAZON.CA BOXING SALE EVER.

ya, it was $15 just that day, $30 now

i got the original for $24 in august, but i gotta get the dlcs which the complete has... i never knew complete was coming, though i dont like complete's cover (plus gameshare etc)

Just placed an order for 2 gears and 2 halo wars. already have gears but all the map packs for $10 is a great deal and I just bought halo wars for $20 over the holidays, but I got all the extra copies for friends(and free shipping :D), hopefully they want them...

The estimated shipping date is Jan 15 - Feb 2 according to the confirmation email, so not bad at all. Four games for $40 with free shipping, this needs to happen more often.

Thanks for the post IceMaster, I was just checking yesterday and they were still $20.

Thanks for the heads up, IceMaster. I was about to place an order for Gears 2 GOTY for $19.99 and I decided to check here first. I missed the earlier price drop on these games so I ordered all 4 this time. Much appreciated.

Beauty, snagged Fable 2, Halo Wars, and Gears 2, as well as Kingdom of Heaven (for free shipping). I'm in no rush to get them, since I own all three anyways (except for the Gears 2 GOTY Edition, so I'll end up keeping the DLC and selling the game for pretty cheap, or giving it to a friend.) Hm, my roommate is actually buying my 2nd 360 off of me, and those three games are great to start a collection with!

[quote name='Gold_guardian']It's showing Halo 3 for $30+ :([/QUOTE]

I believe you have to add the item from the "deals" page to get the $10 price tag. If you select from anywhere else it'll show up as full price.

I wish Episodes from Liberty City was still going for $30. I was gonna buy it, but had nothing to get for $10 for the free shipping. Halo Wars would have worked quite perfectly now.

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed fable 2, halo wars, gears 2 and some don cherry book (filler).

Question, I've only ever bought books off amazon, if they decide to raise their price before they get more stock in, can they ship them to me without telling me the price is raised?

I'm assuming this is a no once the order is placed, and only when I leave items in my cart unchecked out, obviously or they'd have a plethora of dissatisfied customers.

I'm just worried they'll ship one game...then say 'this game has gone up in price, do you still want us to ship it to you?' If I say no, i lose out on the shipping promo, etc..

[quote name='flames23']Question, I've only ever bought books off amazon, if they decide to raise their price before they get more stock in, can they ship them to me without telling me the price is raised?
[/QUOTE]

Once you place an order then the prices are basically locked in. The exception to this is a pricing error on their part, in which case they can still honour it if the price difference isn't too great. If they do decide to remove an item from your order due to a pricing error then they will e-mail you about the problem.

i'm glad this came back. picked up 2 gears 2 and 2 fable 2 (mostly got doubles to qualify for free shipping). i'll keep two (looking forward to the new gears campaign level and trade the other two for a new blu-ray or something. good deal.

The deal is indeed dead, but it did last longer this time then when it has shown up on the 24th. It has been on all morning until a bit after lunch.

Grab the following :

1 x Halo (yes the original one as I am getting an Xbox 360 :bouncy:)
1 x Halo Wars
1 x Fable 2

And on seperate order I had Gear of War 2 GOTY while it was at 19$ but it was just place into "shipping soon" this morning so I sent a complaint to Amazon.ca and I was refund the difference :D and since I first also had put another copy of Gear of War 2 GOTY in my new order to make it 39$ to get free shipping it was remove from that order and was waive the shipping charge too woohoo!!!

Big thumbs up to Amazon.ca for being very so nice/kind! This is the second time I get this good service, as I also got the shipping waive for my first order of Gear of War 2 GOTY as it was suppose to be ship with the infamous PSP white core at 19$ that was cancel from my order (yes the pricing errors that Amazon.ca did on the 26th at 3am :lol:).

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I believe you have to add the item from the "deals" page to get the $10 price tag. If you select from anywhere else it'll show up as full price.[/QUOTE]

But Halo 3 wasn't showing up on the deals page this morning so I had to make my order with out it since I was in a rush to get to school.

I got Halo wars and 2 copies of Gears so that I could get free shipping after I added the Blue Ray I wanted.

I would have really prefered Halo 3 over a second copy of Gears 2

edit: Frick it seems no good deed goes unpunished.

I went to cancel Halo wars and the extra copy of Gears 2 and it canacled BOTH copies on me :(

WTF why can't you edit the quanitiy retroactively with out outright removing the item totally.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back