Amazon charges after preorder is made?

dubleo

CAGiversary!
I pre-ordered a game on Amazon and I noticed a 1$ charge on my card. I heard that it was suppose to be a authorization thing but since this is my first time pre-ordering something on Amazon I'm not sure why they are charging 1$. Is it an actual charge or just a check on the account that will go away before the order ships?
Can anyway share their experiences with preordering on Amazon? I've searched the forums here but I have not seen anyone mention a 1$ charge.

Since it is your first order it may indeed just be an authorization. Once the game ships see how much you were charged.

It's not an actual charge, it'll never post into your account, most likely it's in the pending category and will just disappear from your card

[quote name='MrDubbs']It's not an actual charge, it'll never post into your account, most likely it's in the pending category and will just disappear from your card[/QUOTE]

Alright , thanks for telling me.

Lots of sites do this. It's most likely an authorization charge to see if you have the funds in your account. It should disappear and you'll be charged the normal amount when the product ships.

[quote name='Trakan']Lots of sites do this. It's most likely an authorization charge to see if you have the funds in your account. It should disappear and you'll be charged the normal amount when the product ships.[/QUOTE]
Not so much "funds" but to ensure that the account is legit.

At least...that's what I heard the first time it happened to me.

I get this all the time, it's simply an authorization charge. Usually, within a week or so, or if the order ships, you'll have the charge taken off (sometimes sooner). However, I've noticed some sites do not refund that $1.00; but Amazon seems to refund it, normally.

Nothing to worry about, just make sure you usually have an extra $1 or $2 when ordering anything, just incase.

bread's done
Back