Amazon.com 160 gb ps3 $297.20 + $60 gift card (credit); fsss

Damn them. I checked early Sunday to see if they would match, and they hadn't yet, so I bought one at Target. Could've saved $24 in tax. Oh well, at least I got it now instead of a week from now.

Hmm...because I think I need two Blu Ray players in the living room, and because I can only have one regular Sony one (because of the remotes conflicting), it's occurred to me that maybe I need a second Playstation 3 out there, rather than buying a Panasonic regular player...

If I could have gotten that Killzone 3 one for $60 off, I'd have done THAT for sure! :D

Oh really? Where from? I'd thought the ones coming with these offers were the ones without games bundled. If I can get an offer AND a game.... (Okay, so I'm being cheap, but then I already own a Playstation :lol:)

@onyzukae: Under the "You Save:" line you will see a "Special Offers Available" link. Click on it and it will take you to the description of this $60 promo credit.

Damn, just a couple of days ago Amazon was offering a $50 gift card with a $299.99 :ps3:, now it's a couple of dollars cheaper with a $60 gift card :whistle2:o

Man, last Black Friday's deals were good and we're only 5 months away for BF2011:

(Amazon deals from Black Friday 2010)
*160GB console w/Uncharted 2 GOTY, Pixel Junk Shooter, Karate Kid BluRay+ $25 GC $299.99 - Thursday at Amazon

*160GB Console w/ Uncharted 2 GOTY, PSN Voucher for PixelJunk Shooter, The Karate Kid Blu-ray, $299.99 - Friday at Amazon

*160GB Console w/ Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and SingStar Dance Party Pack at Amazon $299.99

eusa_think.gif
I think i'll wait. God willing if I'm still around I will get it then :pray: Thanks PublikDefender :)

Amazon's High-Def Week lists this for Wednesday.

9am - 12pm PST
• Video Game Console

I wonder if it'll have this ps3 credit stacked onto it... if it's a ps3 that is.

[quote name='$hady']Would be nice if they matched the $50 with Kinect 4g bundle as well[/QUOTE]

Ask and you shall receive says Amazon (link).

[quote name='htown01']Ask and you shall receive says Amazon (link).[/QUOTE]

the credit applies to the 250gb but still a decent deal for anyone wanting an xbox

[quote name='moretopride']the credit applies to the 250gb but still a decent deal for anyone wanting an xbox[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice that it was for the 250GB also. It's for the 4GB Kinect Bundle too though. Click on the "4GB Kinect Bundle" then above that "Special Offers Available". It says you will receive a $50 promo credit when you purchase it.

I just bought a PS3 @Amazon a couple of days ago. The price is lower and the gift card amount is $10 higher, would mentioning this to Customer Service get me anywhere?

[quote name='darkbase']I just bought a PS3 @Amazon a couple of days ago. The price is lower and the gift card amount is $10 higher, would mentioning this to Customer Service get me anywhere?[/QUOTE]

It worked for me before on a 3DS game, I'd recommend you try.

[quote name='darkbase']I just bought a PS3 @Amazon a couple of days ago. The price is lower and the gift card amount is $10 higher, would mentioning this to Customer Service get me anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I got my console on Friday. I saw this deal today. I chatted with CS online and just told them I only got a $50 credit in my account and gave them the link to the PS3 page showing it was a $60 credit they offered. They added $10 to my account. I didn't ask about the $2.80 price difference, didn't want to push my luck. Anyhow, I have tried that in the past and it hasn't worked, but that makes sense. Glad I got the extra credit though, so give it a try.

[quote name='htown01']@onyzukae: Under the "You Save:" line you will see a "Special Offers Available" link. Click on it and it will take you to the description of this $60 promo credit.

Damn, just a couple of days ago Amazon was offering a $50 gift card with a $299.99 :ps3:, now it's a couple of dollars cheaper with a $60 gift card :whistle2:o

Man, last Black Friday's deals were good and we're only 5 months away for BF2011:

(Amazon deals from Black Friday 2010)
*160GB console w/Uncharted 2 GOTY, Pixel Junk Shooter, Karate Kid BluRay+ $25 GC $299.99 - Thursday at Amazon

*160GB Console w/ Uncharted 2 GOTY, PSN Voucher for PixelJunk Shooter, The Karate Kid Blu-ray, $299.99 - Friday at Amazon

*160GB Console w/ Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time and SingStar Dance Party Pack at Amazon $299.99

eusa_think.gif
I think i'll wait. God willing if I'm still around I will get it then :pray: Thanks PublikDefender :)[/QUOTE]

uggggggggggggggggggggg!!

Under the "You Save:" line you will see a "Special Offers Available" link

there is no "S.O.A." ...what is wrong..Am i wrong? damnnnn

[quote name='onyzukae']uggggggggggggggggggggg!!

Under the "You Save:" line you will see a "Special Offers Available" link

there is no "S.O.A." ...what is wrong..Am i wrong? damnnnn[/QUOTE]

My mistake, I don't know why I said under the "You save" line. Here is a screenshot of the 250 GB and the 4GB Kinect Bundle

...and that was my last post regarding the :360: in a :ps3: deal :p

[quote name='eldergias']Same thing happened to me. I got my console on Friday. I saw this deal today. I chatted with CS online and just told them I only got a $50 credit in my account and gave them the link to the PS3 page showing it was a $60 credit they offered. They added $10 to my account. I didn't ask about the $2.80 price difference, didn't want to push my luck. Anyhow, I have tried that in the past and it hasn't worked, but that makes sense. Glad I got the extra credit though, so give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I shot them an email and within six hours I got a nice long detailed response, and an additional $10 gift card! Amazon really is the best. Now this Best Buy deal doesn't bother me, so I'm not going to push it further. $100 at Best Buy won't get you as far as it seems, factoring in tax and their higher prices.

True dat darkbase. My state sales tax is 6.25% so if I bought it at BB I'd have to pay 18.75 more for taxes, and 6.50 more for the PS3. So that puts me out $25.25, then assuming all prices are the same at BB and Amazon I'd have to pay 6.25 in taxes on the $100 so really my difference is $40 - $31.50 or 8.50 saved by going to BB. Of course everyone has different state taxes, but for me not to have to go to BB and bring this thing home, I'm ok with losing out on $8.50 esp since I had a bunch of Amazon credit. Again to each their own, but the Amazon deal isn't that bad (if you can wait a day or two) compared to BB.

I just chatted with someone about getting the extra $10 credit and he told me that there is nothing they can do, seeing how it is against their policy. I told him that I'd be moving on to the next associate, knowing that there's someone out there willing to assist their loyal customers.

bread's done
Back