Amazon.com: Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (PS3) $14.96 (Hotter than BF!)

[quote name='erectiontown']they must have a whole warehouse of those[/quote]

I heard it was a good series. Keyword WAS, but never played any of them, just demos.

Guess all those angry emails about special treatment towards 360 versions of multiplats got to them. Now the tables have been turned...

Bleh, will Gamefly when I have time.

what the hell, I paid 18 on BF from them XD I used a 10 dollar giftcard anyway so I got this and heavenly sword for around 15 each shipped. Ill take my losses like a man :(

There's no Trophies for Brothers in Arms: Hell Highway (PS3). I got this game at Toysrus for $17.98 on Black Friday, but I rented it first sometime ago and bet it. I couldn't refuse the good deal though.

Hey guys. Gamestop has dropped the price on this title to $19.95. It's not on sale, It is the new price. I verified with customer service and my local gamestop here in town. So this is only saving $5.00 on a $20.00 game.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Sheesh, this game has fallen so fast - after playing the demo I understand why.[/quote]
Yeah, dated graphics, limited multiplayer (wheres the coop?), and a story that depends heavily on two older games. It's definitely worth it a rent or purchase at this price though.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']I heard it was a good series. Keyword WAS, but never played any of them, just demos.[/QUOTE]

Did not care much for it on the xbox....If anything like those series of games, I can see why the price dropped so quickly. Poor sales equals quick price drop. I would wait until it is $9.99 or less although $15.00 is pretty safe in terms of one feeling like they wasted money buying the game. Maybe it is worth $15-$20. IMO

Damn you, Amazon. This plus God of War Chains of Olympus and the PS2 Memory Pak altogether cost me $14 more because I bought it on Black Friday. After ranting at them, I was only able to get $5 back.

Wow I never seen so much hate for one game since Kane & Lynch/Assassin's creed of last years debacle.

Now I'll be honest, the saying "different strokes for different folks" comes to mind instantly whenever I hear User related reviews (no offense to anyone here). But having just received my Xbox 360 version 2 days ago; I have to ultimately disagree with the general disdain for this game.

Sure the game suffers (at least so I've heard) from delayed game syndrome. I have to imagine had the thing shipped in late 07-early 08 this conversation may have been a bit different.

And yes the graphics at some points are somewhat outdated by our beloved mega-hits like Gears/Halos/Resistances/whatever else.

However being sincere I have really enjoyed my play through thus far. Yes the gameplay is a bit...... Sticky. And you may need some back info on older games to get into it which of honestly I've only played the first but am still enjoying it. Actually the overall presentation (still far from perfect) is quite good and ironically has a "lost" sense of story telling.

But I digress.

I don't much care to review games but just because I've written all this I'd say the game stands on an easy 8/10 for me. +.5 if you like the genre/WW2/Previous BiA's and -2 if you can't stand/play through "rough around the edges" gameplay and substandard FPS graphics.

Just my opinion.;)

[quote name='lunatic1']Gah... 5 dollars i could have to spend towards another game... darn BF[/QUOTE]

It was $18, so only $3.

Yea honestly the hate for this game is sickening. I swear, most people that hate this game are disappointed because they had their expectations too high from playing halo and CoD. The price of this game is the price of a movie ticket in alot of cities, this game is worth 15, hell people bought stranglehold for 10 including myself XD, if we can buy that for 10 then this is worth 15.

[quote name='McNutsack']"Hotter than BF!" ??
Battlefield?

Or black friday?

I hope not Battlefield....

be warned, guys, Hells Highway is a stinker.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield? LOL

Lol, wow. What's next? Single digit $ for this game new? The game doesn't really seem deserving of the steep price drop.

thanks OP !
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='Antic']Lol, wow. What's next? Single digit $ for this game new? The game doesn't really seem deserving of the steep price drop.[/quote]
It got an awful release date. They should of held until February or March when it would have had a little less imminent competition.

[quote name='LoneGhost']Wow I never seen so much hate for one game since Kane & Lynch/Assassin's creed of last years debacle.

Now I'll be honest, the saying "different strokes for different folks" comes to mind instantly whenever I hear User related reviews (no offense to anyone here). But having just received my Xbox 360 version 2 days ago; I have to ultimately disagree with the general disdain for this game.

Sure the game suffers (at least so I've heard) from delayed game syndrome. I have to imagine had the thing shipped in late 07-early 08 this conversation may have been a bit different.

And yes the graphics at some points are somewhat outdated by our beloved mega-hits like Gears/Halos/Resistances/whatever else.

However being sincere I have really enjoyed my play through thus far. Yes the gameplay is a bit...... Sticky. And you may need some back info on older games to get into it which of honestly I've only played the first but am still enjoying it. Actually the overall presentation (still far from perfect) is quite good and ironically has a "lost" sense of story telling.

But I digress.

I don't much care to review games but just because I've written all this I'd say the game stands on an easy 8/10 for me. +.5 if you like the genre/WW2/Previous BiA's and -2 if you can't stand/play through "rough around the edges" gameplay and substandard FPS graphics.

Just my opinion.;)[/quote]

Thanks for the fair assessment. I agree, sometimes it seems as if people like to pile on with reviews and such, and games are too easily dismissed. I appreciate it when someone who's played the game can provide a matter of fact rundown of the pluses and minuses. I might bite on ths game…
Thanks again.

Excellent game. Worth $20. For 15, its an excellent price. (I passed it on the 360, easiest difficulty, about 8 hours or so, fun throughout though. I myself rented it, but will buy it once I see it at $15 for 360, that perfect combo hasn't happened yet, grrrr)

bread's done
Back