Amazon.COM Buy 2 Get 1 Free (works in Canada)

True Kronic

CAG Newbie
I got to the final click but held off on Dark Souls, Rage & Gears 3 (all x360), for $142 & change after international shipping & import fees (both are ~$15 each).

Anyone here had bad experiences with amazon.com? They wouldn't charge any import fees upon delivery if they're already charging $15, correct? And finally, anyone if there's
any chance of an amazon.ca sale or Toys r Us B2G1 sale? I'd rather hold off for that.

Edit: link didn't work but I'm sure anyone can find it

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember if you need to pay customs. Technically it's amazon.com shipping directly to you and not shipping to a branch office and then them shipping it to you...

Made the order. On the website they mention if the import fee deposit exceeds the actual import fee they reimburse you, but don't say anything about anything about it going over. If you're in Ontario (13% hst) and consider each of these games are $59.99, after all is said & done it's still essentially B2G1 (as long as there's no additional import taxes).

[quote name='True Kronic']Made the order. On the website they mention if the import fee deposit exceeds the actual import fee they reimburse you, but don't say anything about anything about it going over. If you're in Ontario (13% hst) and consider each of these games are $59.99, after all is said & done it's still essentially B2G1 (as long as there's no additional import taxes).[/QUOTE]

The import fees are the same as customs; I've never had an order from them since they started doing that where further customs charges were assessed. Additionally, I've almost always had a (small) refund on the import charges a couple of months later.

Nice that's good to hear. So this is a pretty good deal, and getting those games at a Canadian B2G1 sale would only be slightly better (if one even happens).
How are they with shipping time? Everything was in stock.

Shipping time from .com is usually pretty good. I usually get stuff I've ordered on the faster side of the shipping estimate.

That's also good to hear. Honestly wouldn't care if I had to wait a month though (been waiting to get those games on a B2G1 sale)

would it kill you to post the link? I can't find the sale.

and FYI I use amazon.com fairly often and shipping is a THOUSAND times better than its redheaded stepchild amazon.CA

Pretty pricy shipping to Canada, might be a good idea to use Goomba's service for this. >_>;; at least that made a huge difference for my orders.

^^^ that would be the best way to go, but as I'm sure u know they just got back from vacation today & won't be back up for a while. Sale will probably be over then (ends Sunday). Shame too cuz if you only paid $3 shipping per game, it'd actually be cheaper than a Canadian B2G1 sale (no tax & games standard price is ~$57). One thing I noticed, when i ordered Dark Souls it was $49.99 now its $57.

Not impressed at all with .COM - first off all items were in stock & are still in stock, yet they split my order (2 & 1), and sent me a notice saying it'll be delayed two weeks. Wtf? If I made this same order ar .CA, my order would be arriving today, tomorrow at the absolute latest. I've never had an issue with amazon.ca, in fact I'll order from them before any other big box store ( like Future Shop/Best Buy or EB). I always get free 2 day shipping on in stock items from .CA. Maybe because I've spent so much cash there.

Edit: the only I hate about about .CA is how they over do it with packaging on larger orders. I'm all for mentally disabled folks doing remedial tasks & holding jobs, but only if they do 'em right

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled the order...two days later & hasn't even shipped? Maybe Goomba's service will be back before Sunday & I'll make the order then, save some cash. Plus I'm sure everything will still be in stock.

[quote name='True Kronic']Cancelled the order...two days later & hasn't even shipped? Maybe Goomba's service will be back before Sunday & I'll make the order then, save some cash. Plus I'm sure everything will still be in stock.[/QUOTE]

I think you can start filling in the forums starting today. doesn't matter the item will take a while to ship to him, then a little while to ship back to me.

If you want to go through goomba's system, just do mail forwarding to his ups box & then fill out the form when you can so that he knows that it's your stuff in the mail inc.

bread's done
Back