Amazon.com down?

mr ryles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Not sure if it is just me, but everytime I go to amazon.com it seems to be down. The page will load up fine, but pictures and other script doesnt load up.

Anyone else with this problem?

I don't know, it has been the same for the last few days now. I checked all my internet filters and ad blockers etc, but I don't see nothing that would cause this problem. It was working fine for me just a few days ago too so I don't know what the cause is. Thats why I just assumed they where down.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']try disabling all ur antivirus programs, firewall, etc
then try going back on the site[/QUOTE]

done and done, still having problems.

[quote name='Moses144']Get a different browser if you're still on IE. I recommend FireFox.[/quote]

Lol. It would do that to me on Firefox, but not IE so I had to go back to using IE.

Maybe your ISP is having DNS issues.
Clear the browser cache, restart the program, reboot your computer, reset your modem. (none of those will help the DNS issues if they're on your ISP's side, but that's what I would try.)
Amazon.com is working fine on my end/

[quote name='mr ryles']this is what my page looks like. I can let it sit there for 20 minutes, but it just never loads.

[/QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with amazon.. never is. You clearly have an image block enabled for any images originating from amazon.com. Check to see if you have adblock running, some stupid over-sensitive anti-virus or spyware program, etc.

if this helps out something a little strange.

I just tried openeing up amazon again, but as I scrolled down the page 1 image was actually showing. So that should cancel out it being an ad blocker or anything since one image popped up.

I'll try resseting my modem in a minute and see if that helps.

[quote name='mr ryles']if this helps out something a little strange.

I just tried openeing up amazon again, but as I scrolled down the page 1 image was actually showing. So that should cancel out it being an ad blocker or anything since one image popped up.

I'll try resseting my modem in a minute and see if that helps.[/QUOTE]

No that's not cancelling it out. The image that loaded was likely located on a server other than amazon.com. Just because an image is appearing on amazon's site, it doesn't mean the image is located on amazon.com

You have an image blocker preventing images originating from amazon.com from loading. You can reset your modem and unplug your computer as often as you want.. it's not going to make a difference until you locate the program causing this.

Go to Tools -> Opions -> Content Tab on Firefox and see if "Load images automatically" checked. If it is, then check "Exceptions" to see if Amazon is blocked.

[quote name='sandman007']Go to Tools -> Opions -> Content Tab on Firefox and see if "Load images automatically" checked. If it is, then check "Exceptions" to see if Amazon is blocked.[/QUOTE]

nope.

I'm having the same problem. Rarely, everything will load (and everything shows up if I'm buying something). Sometimes, half the page or a few images will load. But most of the time, none of the images will load.

I'm on the latest version of Firefox and checked after reading sandman007's response and amazon.com isn't blocked.

[quote name='mr ryles']ya mine just randomly started working fine again about 2 days ago.[/quote]
Good to hear, and I'm glad to report that everything's now working fine on my end too.

bread's done
Back