Amazon.com - Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker $34.99 w/bonus

Troz1820

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
Amazon has Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker preorders available for $34.99, $5 less than the MSRP. The game is $39.99 at Gamestop...
http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-D...19?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1190058368&sr=8-1

The bonus doesn't yet show up at Amazon but the press release from Square Enix specifically states that it will come with the game:

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix™ interactive entertainment products in North America, has confirmed today that DRAGON QUEST® MONSTERS: Joker for the Nintendo DS™ has gone gold, and is on schedule to ship to retailers on November 6, 2007. Additionally, Square Enix, Inc. announced a special pre-order incentive at select retailers. Fans who pre-order a copy of DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker at Amazon.com, EBGames/GameStop, EBGames Canada and GameCrazy will receive an exclusive Green Bays Map Screen Wipe. Keep your screens shining and show off your DRAGON QUEST pride with this screen wiper, navigational map, and stylish accessory rolled into one convenient package!
DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.com for more information about ratings. DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: Joker will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99 (USD). The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/dqmj/

Are you sure $39.99 is the MSRP, or is Gamestop just overcharging $5 as usual? :roll:

$39.99 is MSRP. I'm sure it'll be like Heroes of Mana, or just about any 1st party Nintendo DS game.

GS is charging $34.99 while you can go into just about any supermart and get it for $29.99. Or in this case $40 & $35.

[quote name='freshzen']$39.99 is MSRP. I'm sure it'll be like Heroes of Mana, or just about any 1st party Nintendo DS game.

GS is charging $34.99 while you can go into just about any supermart and get it for $29.99. Or in this case $40 & $35.[/quote]

this isn't a first party nintendo game.

Square enix releases ds games at a MSRP of $39.99, it's not a gamestop thing.

Nintendo releases ds games at a MSRP of $34.99.

to OP, thanks for the info, definately getting it through amazon.

Any place that has preorder bonuses besides Gamecrazy and EB/Gamestop? It is Amazon for Dragon Quest Monsters the only case?

Wait, what?

Uh, guys. It's only RECENT Square-Enix games that are going for $40 (with the exclusion of the Chocobo game). Everything else was standard price.

But what the hell is up with that?

[quote name='Tsukento']Wait, what?

Uh, guys. It's only RECENT Square-Enix games that are going for $40 (with the exclusion of the Chocobo game). Everything else was standard price.

But what the hell is up with that?[/QUOTE]

Don't like it either. I think it is for FF III, Heroes of Mana, and DQM:J only though. I don't think Joker seems worth $40 since its a spin-off, but I really really want it :) DQ IX I'll pay $40 for, no questions asked.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered this on Amazon last night. I figure even if they raise the price between now and the release, I've got the $35 price locked in.

Didn't know that Amazon was one of the stores with the bonus, though! That's very cool. I had decided that the map/screen cleaner, as neat as it sounded, wasn't worth $5, but I'm okay with getting it too. :)

bread's done
Back