Amazon.com has Wii's in stock now *DEAD*

I feel used...

Edit - Apparently it isn't BS, a few (and I mean FEW) people got some orders in at the Amazon forums.

Yes, thought I was doing everyone a favor, but obviously by the time I posted and people could read it it was gone. I clicked back on the link a couple times before posting just to make sure and even forgot to post the link initially in my excitement.

That was fast, lol. How many did they get, like 3. Well I hope Amazon gets more in (although I own a Wii I feel sorry for the people who can't get one).

[quote name='areeve']I just ordered one with 2 day shipping... says Tues, Dec 5th for delivery.[/QUOTE]

do they offer free shipping for it?

i've been waiting to try to score one off amazon to avoid the taxes [ and i have a $20 giftcard ], but if there isn't free shipping, i think i'm better off trying to get it from circuit city with the 40 off coupon.

I'm doing the free Amazon Prime trial and yes, 2-day shipping was free... I'd presume their slowest shipping option would be free to anyone. Avoiding $17 or so in sales tax and not having to stand in a line (as I went out last Sunday to Best Buy and just turned around and came home after seeing the line) were big plusses.

I just know how frustrating this is to those still trying to get one and regret even starting this thread given the ridiculously limited availability. I read through a few of the 'just keep refreshing' posts on Amazon.com and I tend to think that's all silly talk... I just think I got really, really, really lucky as I check Amazon.com perhaps once a day and wa laa after two weeks of checking there it was. I still have some doubt about it all and will until it's in my hands, but, yes, I've received an order confirmation and it's moved beyond the cancellable state saying that it's being readied for shipping in my account.

[quote name='areeve']I'm doing the free Amazon Prime trial and yes, 2-day shipping was free... I'd presume their slowest shipping option would be free to anyone. Avoiding $17 or so in sales tax and not having to stand in a line (as I went out last Sunday to Best Buy and just turned around and came home after seeing the line) were big plusses.

I just know how frustrating this is to those still trying to get one and regret even starting this thread given the ridiculously limited availability. I read through a few of the 'just keep refreshing' posts on Amazon.com and I tend to think that's all silly talk... I just think I got really, really, really lucky as I check Amazon.com perhaps once a day and wa laa after two weeks of checking there it was. I still have some doubt about it all and will until it's in my hands, but, yes, I've received an order confirmation and it's moved beyond the cancellable state saying that it's being readied for shipping in my account.[/QUOTE]

Yo, it was a good thing you tried to do, don't regret it. I'm still looking for one, but I'll get it eventually.

And congratulations on getting the Wii.

I was disappointed that I didn't get an opportunity to buy one (shame that I wasn't living on the internet at that time), but I appreciate the heads-up. Thanks.

And about ten seconds after my last post I went to Amazon.com and Wii's were in stock again for the second time for me this evening. A minute later they were gone. I guess that's what the refreshing is all about, but who knows what kind of game Amazon.com playing.

I like Amazon.com a lot as a company, but this makes little sense. Do they unload a truck of them, add them to inventory, sell out, unload another truck... etc? I can just see Amazon.com's IT folk all gathering around... pushing a hundred systems through... and then getting a big kick out of reading the next half hours worth of posts on their own internal forums.

I think I got in on the second one, I was typing my "I got one!" reply when I noticed everyone had said it sold out. To my knowledge, it was on there for awhile, since it was sitting in my shopping cart for awhile while I was trying to figure out the Amazon Prime thing.

I'd assume the inventory thing would be that they put them live as they're scanned in. It's possible that it was on a diff. pallet/delivery, so they werent' all in at once.

For now, I'm just hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

If this were like the pre-orders that were popping up from time to time they were doing tests on the site. I got in on one of the late pre-orders and got my system. Even if they don't come back up tonight its a good chance they will go live with some stock soon....

There is quite a bit of stir that several B&M stores are getting stock in for this weekend....i.e. TRU, EB, Wal-Mart, Sears.....but then again who knows.

[quote name='6669']I think we can edit the title now, OP[/QUOTE]

Didn't know I could edit the thread title... otherwise I would have done that an hour ago.

[quote name='areeve']Didn't know I could edit the thread title... otherwise I would have done that an hour ago.[/QUOTE]
Click edit on the OP, then Go Advanced, and change it from there.

A month or two ago, I never would have thought that the Wii would be this hard to find. I'm so glad I got in on Amazon's first preorder in September.

bread's done
Back