Amazon.com lightning deals 2011/11/04 Child of Eden, Epic Mickey, et. al

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']
7 pm pdt: Not sure which Cars game. (wii)
Here is the hint: "Fast-paced family fun with Mater and the gang on your Wii"
[/QUOTE]

That hint sort of gives me very wrong ideas... and leaves me laughing.

Child of Eden PS3 for $15 and I get it. There's far too high a possibility for other Black Friday deals on it this year.

[quote name='emperordahc']Child of Eden PS3 for $15 and I get it. There's far too high a possibility for other Black Friday deals on it this year.[/QUOTE]

There's not much chance of that price today. It's a $40 game at Amazon which means best case scenario they do $20, but likely $30.

[quote name='bojay1997']There's not much chance of that price today. It's a $40 game at Amazon which means best case scenario they do $20, but likely $30.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. These threads usually turn into "THE BRAND NEW ______ GAME FOR $5 OR AMAZON SUX!!!!!", so I had to throw a slightly more reasonable hat in the ring. ;)

I really do expect it to be $25 or so, considering a used copy for the XBox is $15 from their Warehouse deal this week.

(Sad = Older 360 version already dropped in price while delayed PS3 version released at full price.)

Yeah its not like there will be much resale value in Child of Eden in the future either, so you are better off buying the cheapest code you can find provided you have enough space on your hard drive to download the game.

[quote name='SaraAB']Yeah its not like there will be much resale value in Child of Eden in the future either, so you are better off buying the cheapest code you can find provided you have enough space on your hard drive to download the game.[/QUOTE]

rather have a physical copy (and I do) but you forgot to factor in that sometimes people need an extra game to get to a Trade 3 get 30% type thing. So even if it's a couple of bucks for the TIV, disc is better.

All things being equal, I'd get the physical disc.

[quote name='ck76']Wait. Pardon my ignorance, one can download Child of Eden on PS3 for $10 or so?[/QUOTE]

no only 360. I think the code came with kinect bundles so people are dumping them.

[quote name='confoosious']no only 360. I think the code came with kinect bundles so people are dumping them.[/QUOTE]

no, the Child of Eden game only came with some standalone Kinect bundles in limited quantities.

the new Kinect standalone bundle has The Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja.

Yes. Have it!

Got Child of Eden for (PS3) for $21.19 all told with taxes (free shipping!) so very happy.

*Tips cap to fellow Cagers*

$19.99 Xbox 360 version. Wow, what a joke. It was $10 for a brief hours from Best buy, then went up to $20 for the rest of sale period. Granted, if you weren't able to get in on the previous deal, then have at it.

Edit: Whoops I'm a dumbass, just noticed the PS3 version is the same price. Plus its free super shipper savings eligible since its counting the pre lightning deal price to qualify. Got one, Thanks OP!

Edit: Just made it, PS3 version is sold out. I'm sure this will be $19.99 eventually anyways for those who weren't able to get in on this deal. Just look at the Xbox 360 version's pricing history for reference.

I picked up a PS3 version since I noticed they were selling out faster, anyone know if the PS3 version is considered better or offers any extras that the 360 doesn't?

well amazon screwed me out of the deal I added it to my cart and went to check out then i got an error and when i hit refresh it was not in my cart anymore and now I can't replace it back into my cart..I contacted CS but they just gave me some bull about first come first serve even tho i placed the order right at 12:00

Awesome, got a PS3 copy as well.. Was waiting for it to hit a price like this.. It'll be nice to use my Move for something again =D

I stared at the PS3 $19.99 for a long time and had to pass. Too large a backlog and not enough funds. :/

I'm sure it'll show up on a Gamefly sale for cheep soon, and as a Bluray disc, it shouldn't be too scratched.

ugh, on the waitlist for ps3. couldn't make out of class until just now.
update: a pop up box said sold out for ps3.
100% claimed for ps3

[quote name='strait edge follower']Amazon still can't get rid of epic fail mickey. This is the 1,078,992,438,772'nd time they have had it on sale this year. Was this game that overproduced ?[/QUOTE]

Yes and over hyped, it was not for everyone after all.

Thanks for the heads up on purchasing DL code from Ebay for 360...scored one for $10.00 buy it now and cancelled my amazon order! Saved me a cool $9.00.

I got a PS3 copy earlier as well. I wanted it at launch, but with how fast it dropped for the 360, I figured it would hit $20 soon enough. Good deal!

I agree, epic mickey is not worth $20, it will probably be a 9.99 game at one point during the holiday season, and that is when I will bite. You can get a used copy on ebay for $12-15.

bread's done
Back