Amazon.com now shipping games to Canada

Awesome about damn time. I wanted to buy the HRAP3 for 70 bucks when it was at amazon but they never shipped to canada.. piss off.

Amazon is just pushing it now, select video games have been available to be shipped for a long time now. They have just widened the amount of products available.

I'd be more stoked if it didn't cost $30 to ship a game

It's a start though, and it also gives a lot of Canadians a chance to get some products that aren't even available here. I'll pay a 20-30 dollar premium if I have to if it gets me an item that would have otherwise been unavailable. Also more competition is never a bad thing, I think Goomba is a great guy with a great service, but any sort of competition that could result in lower prices is good in my books.

wow thats gay, amazon.com wont let me send an hrap 3 SA to my house :(. I'm a little dissapointed, but at least this means the shenanigans on .ca will be curbed (srsly, some people expect +$50 just because it's canada, which is retarded)

edit: also tried a game that qualified for shipping to canada & it gave me the $23.98 shipping bullshit. thanks .com, but if ur gonna be that way, ill stick to ebay

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocky071']It's a start though, and it also gives a lot of Canadians a chance to get some products that aren't even available here. I'll pay a 20-30 dollar premium if I have to if it gets me an item that would have otherwise been unavailable. Also more competition is never a bad thing, I think Goomba is a great guy with a great service, but any sort of competition that could result in lower prices is good in my books.[/QUOTE]Uh, I think goomba's prices are too low as it is. Any lower and he's out of business. Although his service isn't just for Amazon.

I really want them to start offering TVs shipped to Canada. That would DESTROY Future Shop and Best Buy Canada prices. FS and BB charge around 1.5x - 2x the prices on Amazon.

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Do you get charged more when the goods hit the border where custom charges will be added as well as the GST?[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com will charge you import fees.

For example, on a game that costs $29.99, you get charged $23.98 for shipping, and another $5.20 for import fees. See below:

DigitalMoose

[quote name='Mana Thirst']Do you get charged more when the goods hit the border where custom charges will be added as well as the GST?[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com will charge you import fees.

For example, on a game that costs $29.99, you get charged $23.98 for shipping and another $5.20 for import fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave a look at what shipping might cost for a game like Digital Devil Saga, which isn't available on Amazon.ca, and I got the message that it was not deliverable to Canada. So is this just for select games?

That's strange.

The example of the game I have in the cart above, is for Digital Devil Saga 2, which as you can see they'll happily ship. Though for the first one, they won't. Perhaps they just need to iron out the kinks in the system. Though the shipping charges are absolutely outrageous.

[quote name='JGonspy']I gave a look at what shipping might cost for a game like Digital Devil Saga, which isn't available on Amazon.ca, and I got the message that it was not deliverable to Canada. So is this just for select games?[/QUOTE]

I believe so. My understanding is that they've just greatly expanded what they are willing to ship.

Hopefully they'll straighten out the shipping to actually be $5 (is it $5 for the order, then $4 for the item, or just $5?); Game + $5 shipping could be trouble for goomba, that's for sure.

Why don't they actually just do it through amazon.ca? Are they admitting that amazon.ca is basically broken if their only solution when Amazon.ca's prices are messed up is to use amazon.com instead? They're basically competing with themselves!~

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hopefully they'll straighten out the shipping to actually be $5 (is it $5 for the order, then $4 for the item, or just $5?); Game + $5 shipping could be trouble for goomba, that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

It would be $9, $5 for shipping the order and then $4 for shipping the item.

[quote name='webrunner']Why don't they actually just do it through amazon.ca? Are they admitting that amazon.ca is basically broken if their only solution when Amazon.ca's prices are messed up is to use amazon.com instead? They're basically competing with themselves!~[/QUOTE]

A lot of the products they have opened shipping to are not available on Amazon.ca.

I tried Persona for PSP and it didn't work either. I don't think it works for Atlus games. I tried KH for DS and FF dissidia and it ended up being around $30 cheaper through Goomba.

So no free shipping on orders over $50 or whatever it is then huh. Kinda screws the Amazon deals without free shipping really.

bread's done
Back