Amazon.com: PS3 Dual Shock 3 Controller - White (Japanese Version)

cheapskate01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Pre order your white DS3 from amazon (i know it might not be a deal, but its cool amazon is now selling them). This item will be released on July 11, 2008.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X260V8/ref=vg_flx_newarrivals4/104-0778164-3369519

As for deals on Amazon just bookmark this page below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/409566/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_409566_more/104-0778164-3369519?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_r=0QHN75ZFBXZHV5AQ35JJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=392021601&pf_rd_i=409566

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of these last year in December, and I got one question for those who have the US black DS3. Do the analogs require less force when you click on them then the Six Axis do? I actually liked the amount of force you needed to press down on the SA.

[quote name='Smallville123']how is this a deal it cost 5 bucks more than a regular dualshock 3[/QUOTE]

Its exclusive to Japan, and ships for free.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Its exclusive to Japan, and ships for free.[/quote]

Meh just for a coat of paint not worth it. Then again i got 2 dualshock 3's for 90.

[quote name='Smallville123']Meh just for a coat of paint not worth it. Then again i got 2 dualshock 3's for 90.[/QUOTE]
its not paint its white plastic.

unless they made the buttons & triggers white too it looks off to me. the 360 controller looks better in white because it's all white except for the buttons which are color coded.

[quote name='TURBO']the 360 controller looks better in white because it's all white except for the buttons which are color coded.[/quote]Your 360 controller is all white? I'm pretty sure mine has a grey D-pad, analog sticks and triggers, and I think my buddy's controller does too, but I could be the one making ridiculous statements here and not you :roll:

i imported the white one when it was first released. well worth it if you're bored with black.

Yeah they look off me....maybe its cause it has the retro look or something. Only pro I could see for the premium is either you have a sixaxis and want a diff color so you can pick up the right one...or people in your household have specific controllers they want to use..otherwise meh. Give me a ceramic white ps3...and now we're talking.

the color scheme looks about right though, the DS 2 for the white PS2 looks exactly like it except the cordless part.

[quote name='TimPV3']Your 360 controller is all white? I'm pretty sure mine has a grey D-pad, analog sticks and triggers, and I think my buddy's controller does too, but I could be the one making ridiculous statements here and not you :roll:[/QUOTE]

Triggers are white.

[quote name='TimPV3']Your 360 controller is all white? I'm pretty sure mine has a grey D-pad, analog sticks and triggers, and I think my buddy's controller does too, but I could be the one making ridiculous statements here and not you :roll:[/QUOTE]
i said i wish the "buttons & triggers" weren't black; like the 360's. the analog pads are textured and more prone to picking up dirt so in white not so good. & yes a pastey grey color would look better than flat black now that you mention it. I also talked about the colored buttons. Does that mean I meant they're white when i said all white? that would be pretty contradictory huh mr sarcastic?

shuma gorath's pupil;4594288 said:
Why again should this controller be $60 Sony????
Because it can be. It probably costs them no more than $20 in licenses, materials, manufacturing & shipping. But a) accessories are marked up higher than games & systems. b) Sony will fleece early adopters like it did w/ the $599 launch price of PS3.

[quote name='TURBO']Because it can be. It probably costs them no more than $20 in licenses, materials, manufacturing & shipping. But a) accessories are marked up higher than games & systems. b) Sony will fleece early adopters like it did w/ the $599 launch price of PS3.[/quote]

The question was rhetorical, but yes exactly. This is the part of being a next-gen gamer that I don't like.

shuma gorath's pupil;4594288 said:
Why again should this controller be $60 Sony????

Well, you don't have to buy batteries, a battery pack or a "play and charge kit" for it, so it's ready to go out of the box with rumble and motion sensing.

You're essentially paying the same, but you don't have to worry about part of your purchase being out of stock.

bread's done
Back