Amazon.com PS3 Slim 120GB Preorder Now Available $299

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J4VQ/ref=pe_24010_12820090_fe_exp_1/

I just received an email about this from Amazon.

PlayStation 3 120 GB purchase limit policy
As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase one PlayStation 3 120 GB unit. See additional policy details here.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK man. Just my opinion. Dont flame me but I find these to look kind of ugly. I mean the hdd and price is good but the old fat ps3s look 10x better.

[quote name='Manoleke']anybody knows any coupon like the eca works on this deal?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, I tried. ECA typically doesn't work on hardware purchases.

[quote name='ziutek']Unfortunately no, I tried. ECA typically doesn't work on hardware purchases.[/QUOTE]

thank you,

[quote name='omega999']Does amazon "Authorize Payment" when you preorder?[/QUOTE]They don't charge you until the item is ready to ship.

[quote name='jdlmm80']IDK man. Just my opinion. Dont flame me but I find these to look kind of ugly. I mean the hdd and price is good but the old fat ps3s look 10x better.[/QUOTE]

I don't care too much for the new matte finish, I liked the gloss, but I'm tired of hearing the fans on my 60GB PS3. So I threw my spare a 60GB on eBay and hope to get enough to cover the cost of the Slim.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to wait until Dell stocks these things. It seems like there's always a coupon code that applicable to the consoles these days...

[quote name='st964p62']Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to wait until Dell stocks these things. It seems like there's always a coupon code that applicable to the consoles these days...[/QUOTE]
Shhhs, that's my plan when I buy PSP Go in the future.:lol:

[quote name='omega999']Does amazon "Authorize Payment" when you preorder?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will authorize $1.00 of your available credit to verify your credit card......will not charge you until it ships. :)

The thing is a bit ugly, but the extra $100 looks fantastic. I'll take matte, thanks. Well, I haven't really pulled the trigger on this, but I'm thinking about it for sure.

Pre-ordered yesterday. Had credit from trading games and that extra $75 coupon off of a video game console from the previous Amazon trade-in deal that expires end of the month. Final total was 63 bucks so I'm a happy camper :)

[quote name='mis0']The price drop the new Slim should shut all the Xbots up who always QQ about the MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I know. Damn Xbot 360s.

[quote name='mis0']The price drop the new Slim should shut all the Xbots up who always QQ about the MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Let's not start a console flame war, ya hear?

Great deal for the CAGers who took advantage of the $50/$75 trade-in bonus from Amazon earlier this summer.

[quote name='futuramaguy42']Still don't know whether to get 299 slim or 299 regular. Regular looks nicer and you can put linux on it. Slim has more memory.[/QUOTE]

You can easily intall a larger HDD into it. It's not difficult at all. So if that's your only concern. Buy the regular, and upgrad the HDD sometime in the future.

[quote name='KueMan10']You can easily intall a larger HDD into it. It's not difficult at all. So if that's your only concern. Buy the regular, and upgrad the HDD sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'll most likely just get the regular if it's still in stores when I'm buying my PS3.

[quote name='Pucker']No backwards compatibility = no buy[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just buy a PS2 with the 100 dollars you save on buying a Slim or 80GB now?

Also, I don't understand why all PS3's can play PS1 games but not all can play PS2 ones.

[quote name='futuramaguy42']Why don't you just buy a PS2 with the 100 dollars you save on buying a Slim or 80GB now?

Also, I don't understand why all PS3's can play PS1 games but not all can play PS2 ones.[/QUOTE]

An observation is that they still sell PS2's don't they...

[quote name='futuramaguy42']Why don't you just buy a PS2 with the 100 dollars you save on buying a Slim or 80GB now?

Also, I don't understand why all PS3's can play PS1 games but not all can play PS2 ones.[/QUOTE]

I believe the PS2 have the emotion engine, which is a hardware. PS1 didn't have that. So that's the reason why the PS3 can play PS1, but not PS2 games.

I thought of that same thing too, why not get PS2 and be done with. I have a PS3 80GB with emulation, and 2 PS2 (launch and slim). The one thing I don't like about having two systems is because they require two different sets up plugs, the A/V and the power.

I preordered mine Tuesday. Kind of weird Amazon has no release date while Gamestop's website lists it ships Monday. I would imagine Amazon would be the same.

[quote name='jdlmm80']IDK man. Just my opinion. Dont flame me but I find these to look kind of ugly. I mean the hdd and price is good but the old fat ps3s look 10x better.[/QUOTE]

i wont flame you, its the truth. but its whats inside the box that really matters. plus the 34% power and weight reduction are sick.

I may finally buck up and buy a PS3. It's been a while since I've owned all the current consoles.

I can't wait to use the most powerful console ever made... to play Disgaea 3.

Oh no I dont know if the console will make it without you. Seriously expect to hear a lot of this, this is all the Xbots have left to attack the Ps3 over.

Not that its a valid point anyway. 99.5% of people dont care after they put that first Ps2 game in there and try to play it. Yup looks like blocky ass, no thanks, back to Ps3 games.

I think you're under a very false impression that anybody cares what you will buy or not.

[quote name='duncan36']Oh no I dont know if the console will make it without you. Seriously expect to hear a lot of this, this is all the Xbots have left to attack the Ps3 over.
[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, you don't have to start a console war over every post. I'm a big 360 user and I'm gonna get the PS3 because I like having more toys.

[quote name='duncan36']Oh no I dont know if the console will make it without you. Seriously expect to hear a lot of this, this is all the Xbots have left to attack the Ps3 over.

Not that its a valid point anyway. 99.5% of people dont care after they put that first Ps2 game in there and try to play it. Yup looks like blocky ass, no thanks, back to Ps3 games.[/QUOTE]

99.5%...... really?

I agree!

shame about no backwards compatibility I already have a 80gb ps3 (no bc)
but would have bought a slim as well if it had BC

few of my friends were ready to buy slims as well....not anymore

I don't own a TV with composite hookups so getting a ps2 isn't an option (hdmi or bust!)

bread's done
Back