Amazon.com Random Deals - 12/25/08.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Just a compilation of some random deals on Amazon.com, that we seemed to have numerous threads on.

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (360) - $30 (found by cag1125)
Link: Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise

Mass Effect (360/PC) - $19.99 (found by vivisimon6)
Link: Mass Effect (360)
Link: Mass Effect (PC)

NFS Undercover (PS3) - $34.99 (found by kobeisgod)
Link: NFS Undercover

WWE SVR 09 (PS3) - $34.99 (found by kobeisgod)
Link: WWE: SVR 09

ION Drums for Rock Band (PS3/360) - $269.99 (found by lorddct)
PS3: ION Drums (PS3)
360: ION Drums (360)

Uncharted (PS3) - $41.99 (found by Ecofreak)
Link: Uncharted

Ratchet And Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction (PS3) - $41.99 (found by Ecofreak)
Link: Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction

Left 4 Dead (PC) - $39.99
Link: Left 4 Dead (PC)

Left 4 Dead (360) - $49.99
Link: Left 4 Dead (360)

Heavenly Sword (PS3) - $36.99
Link: Heavenly Sword

Dualshock 3 (PS3) - $42.99
Link: DualShock 3

Saints Row 2 CE (PS3 / 360) - $59.99
Link: Saints Row 2 CE (PS3)
Link: Saints Row 2 CE (360)

Saints Row 2 (PS3) - $36.99
Link: Saints Row 2 (PS3)

Saints Row 2 (360) - $49.99
Link: Saints Row 2 (360)

Found by DarkRedFlame:
Guitar Hero World Tour Game/Guitar Bundle 25% off
All Systems

Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto 4 - $29.99
Halo 3 - $39.99
The Last Remnant - $39.97
Infinite Undiscovery - $39.97
Alone in the Dark - $14.99
Pure - $39.99

PS3
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $37.99 + Plus Xbox 360 Version
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - $41.99
Bioshock - $44.99
Saints Row 2 - $36.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Added links for L4D, HS and DualShock 3.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Not all that[/quote]You don't like any deals that get posted, from what I've seen. :roll:

For some reason, I've never been impressed with the video games sale post-Christmas (this isn't a reference to Amazon), maybe retailers know that if someone received a console for the holidays, there's an immediate "need" for games.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']anyone think that ion drum rocker will ever go lower? or that they'll be an even better model made?[/quote]

I have a feeling in Feb the bottom will drop out (30%-50% off) of the price of these. I would also assume with the next rockband/gh release a new version will be released which would probably reduce the price of these by 75% off. Just a matter of how long you want to wait.

[quote name='bsesb2003']For some reason, I've never been impressed with the video games sale post-Christmas (this isn't a reference to Amazon), maybe retailers know that if someone received a console for the holidays, there's an immediate "need" for games.[/quote]

That and giftcards...they want to give people time to use up the giftcards they got for Christmas in the week or two afterwards for things that are not that deeply discounted.

Debating om Mass Effect...never picked it up and wondering if it's worth the $20. My backlog says no but the price is making me pause.

Picked up Mass Effect and its soundtrack---I was playing the PC ver. last night, and it froze AGAIN for no damn reason. I could probably tolerate it, but you can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.

[quote name='lawdood']That and giftcards...they want to give people time to use up the giftcards they got for Christmas in the week or two afterwards for things that are not that deeply discounted.

Debating om Mass Effect...never picked it up and wondering if it's worth the $20. My backlog says no but the price is making me pause.[/quote]

The game is alright, I guess it would be worth the $20

thanks for the deals... i have been dying to spend my christmas money!
CAGsmily!.gif

[quote name='ChaosGamer']Saints row 2 for the xbox360 and the ps3 is $36.99 also[/quote]PS3 version is $36.99, 360 version is $49.99 ATM. Added them to the OP, as well as the CE versions, which are $59.99 each right now.

[quote name='lawdood']maybe buy him dinner first?[/QUOTE]

Hilarious!

And I wish I can get a copy of Left 4 Dead at the $39.99 price they had when it was a DoTD. Guess this is better than nothing. I may have to pick it up now.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I hope I'm not the only one who laughed out loud at this comment.[/QUOTE]

Fear not, for I chortled heartily.

[quote name='bigwoof']omgz. id u really have to post a $.99 sale off of mariooooo kart?[/quote]
I know, isn't it awesome?! :lol:

Fifa 09 is $48.99 for the ps3 and $37.99 for the 360 also Blitz II is $27.79 for the ps3

Legendary is $29.99 for the ps3 and 360

I dunno what the comparable prices for Mass Effect are, but I will wholeheartedly attest that Mass Effect is easily one of the best games on the 360.

most of these deals were much better on black firday, which reminds me I need to cancel my Amazon Prime trial soon

[quote name='Ecofreak']Fear not, for I chortled heartily.[/quote]

Haha, so did I. And I usually don't laugh at jokes on message boards...

[quote name='DarkRedFlame']The game is alright, I guess it would be worth the $20[/QUOTE]

My advice, not that it means anything, is to throw the $20 to Child's Play and work on the backlog. That's what I'm doing -- I really don't need any more games.

Looks like it's $27 now for 360 and $20 for PC. I don't really enjoy the PC version of the game though, but heard great things about it on 360.
4abe17a1c80cbdd2aa241b70840879de.gif

[quote name='Chris Dillon']left 4 dead is all i got. im hoping they decrease there price in the next few weeks again and i can get the refund.[/quote]

If you're talking about the price match, they discontinued that, but some people bitch loud enough and apparrently got it to go over the phone.

bread's done
Back