Amazon.com Resident Evil 5 PS3 and XBOX360 $53.99

thats more than what some people on this site are selling it for new. hmm.

i'd say CM- but you could also check wquach.

[quote name='skubish']I have heard mixed reviews. I will wait until it drops to $30.[/quote]

That would probably take a few months. I did play the demo and I enjoyed it. It was pretty fun running around zombies, lol.

The only thing I didn't like was the part when it comes to aiming and shooting your enemy. It was too slow and I didn't like it.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This game is short, and bland. Rent it for now, and wait for a price drop.
i.gif
[/quote]

I hugely disagree :) Its worth the buy imo.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']This game is short, and bland. Rent it for now, and wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree--the game has an insane amount of replayability, IMO. Totally worth it at MSRP of $60.

I'll wait for it to hit $40 before I consider buying it. And then I'll beat it, then go through the game with someone who has the best weapons so I can get the best weapons. And then I'll never play it again.

I highly recommend this game regardless of price. The replay value is insane and it has some truly incredible moments! As soon as I finished it once, I started a new game and am now focusing on maxing out all my weapons. Having unlimited ammo for a second go round is hella fun! For those of you complaining about aiming speed, there is an option for fast aiming.

A little off topic, but for those of you that want to make some quick cash in this game, replay chapter 5-3 as many times as possible. You dont have to play the whole thing, just get to the reapers, beat them and pick up the power stones they drop, which is worth 5g a pop, then quit and repeat. I ended up with over 200g with about 10 play throughs, plus an excessive amount of extra ammo, grenades and first aid!

Yeah, ignore what those mixed reviews are talking about. A lot of the negative reviews keep mentioning Resident Evil 5 is pretty much Resident Evil 4. Well Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, and even Code Veronica were pretty similar in terms of game play, monsters, levels yet no one really bitched about that. Broken AI? Yeah I will admit the AI is not the smartest partner, but if you feel that way then play online with someone else or just ignore the small flaw. I only encountered a problem with the AI in certain situations, and a few permanent situations.

Bottom line is that Resident Evil 4 was one hell of a game, and Resident Evil 5 is just as good if not better then RE4. Plus the co-op, and replay value on this game is extremely high. I already played through the game 5 times, and I am still playing.

Definitely worth $60, and $53.99 w/no tax from Amazon is even better. Most other games I have paid full price for, and only beat once or twice and never touched again. This one however has broken that trend for me.

Yeah, I have to admit, I went in with extremely low expectations ... hated the demo controls, ruined the storyline for myself by visiting gamefaqs, and yet, after popping it in the 360 and getting used to the controls, I'm loving it. It doesn't feel like classic RE, but almost reminds me of a Gears of War / Farycry 2 type mix with RE blended in. So far it's been cool and from what I've read, it gets more RE-ish as you progress further into it. I'd say it's a buy at this point, and the versus mode (whether you agree with the cost or not) at least adds the opportunity for more play time if you so choose.

To address the poster above me, the Deadspace controls are far better but I think there's more diversity in the gameplay and storyline than Deadspace. I know I'm in the minority here, but after watching the Dead Space comics before the game was released, I found the actual game's storyline a bit disappointing. The gameplay in Deadspace was fun but got a bit repetitive, but with RE5 they're throwing new stuff out in each chapter (granted, it sometimes does feel like you're playing a re-envisioning of RE4 ... but it's still fresh for the most part).

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I completely disagree--the game has an insane amount of replayability, IMO. Totally worth it at MSRP of $60.[/quote]
agreed

Well, I feel kind of stupid, but I have to buy this game because my girlfriend wants to play it which means I get to play video-games without getting any shit. Is there any major differences between the PS3 and 360 versions? I'm not going to be playing online by the way.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Well, I feel kind of stupid, but I have to buy this game because my girlfriend wants to play it which means I get to play video-games without getting any shit. Is there any major differences between the PS3 and 360 versions? I'm not going to be playing online by the way.[/quote]
The biggest difference i'm going with is a lot of the inclusion of Home on PS3. They seem to be making major headway with it already.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Well, I feel kind of stupid, but I have to buy this game because my girlfriend wants to play it which means I get to play video-games without getting any shit. Is there any major differences between the PS3 and 360 versions? I'm not going to be playing online by the way.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is slightly superior in the graphics department ... basically the framerate is a tad better and it has very minor effects that are missing in the PS3 version (water effects, some lighting, etc.) You wouldn't know the difference if you bought the PS3 version ... but you asked, so there's the answer.

bread's done
Back