Amazon.com select Wii games on sale

novelidea

CAG Veteran
I was cruising the Wii games on Amazon and saw a few that were on sale, thought I'd pass them along. These are probably like Nitrobike and BWII were yesterday and are on sale for 1 day only.

Update
: As of 03:08 AM Pacific time on day 4 (1/18) the sale prices were still valid.

Rapala Tournament Fishing!: was $39.99, now $29.99

Manhunt 2: was $39.99, now $26.99

Thrillville: Off The Rails: was $49.99, now $32.99

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core: was $39.99, now $29.99 (fluctuates between 31.99 and 29.99)

Dragon Blade: Wrath Of Fire: was $39.95, now $29.99

Tomb Raider Anniversary (Wii Edition): was $39.99, now $26.99

Victorious Boxing: Revolution delisted from thread. Reg price now $29.99 (now a $0.20 savings!).

Thrillville is totally worth that. It's full of minigames, all of which are fun and playable. Plus you can create your own coasters (uses tilt functionality, very well might I add), race tracks, mini-putt courses, etc. Plus a basic park management system as well. It's filled to the absolute brim with content. I paid $50 for it with a gift certificiate around Christmas time and I definitely don't regret it.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Thrillville is totally worth that. It's full of minigames, all of which are fun and playable. Plus you can create your own coasters (uses tilt functionality, very well might I add), race tracks, mini-putt courses, etc. Plus a basic park management system as well. It's filled to the absolute brim with content. I paid $50 for it with a gift certificiate around Christmas time and I definitely don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

+1 on Thrillville. My 7 year old son picked the game (360 version), and we've had tons of fun playing it. The minigames are a blast, and he's even managed to learn about running a business-albeit at a rudimentary level.

Be careful if you order Guilty Gear. It does not ship from amazon. In fact, amazons price is alittle cheaper though it is out of stock right now.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Thrillville is totally worth that. It's full of minigames, all of which are fun and playable. Plus you can create your own coasters (uses tilt functionality, very well might I add), race tracks, mini-putt courses, etc. Plus a basic park management system as well. It's filled to the absolute brim with content. I paid $50 for it with a gift certificiate around Christmas time and I definitely don't regret it.[/quote]Thanks for the heads up on Thrillville. I'd never even heard of the game, but my girlfriend loves Zoo Tycoon and games like that, so maybe she'll enjoy this. I'll look in to it.

Also, is Manhunt 2 selling piss poorly? It always seems like the game is being put on sale, and I'm wondering why. I mean, I'm sure it's not a great game or anything, but did all the press and the ESRB AO rating have a dampening effect on the M rated version's sales?

@ hero101 - order it used from gamefly. I did 2 days ago for 19.99...now it's 17.99...

@iowaholdem - Manhunt 2 is an ok game...not a fantastic storyline, but I think it's worth 26.99 (it was a good deal when I found it used for $35 the week after release)

Tempted by Thrillville. If it was 26.99 like the others I'd bite.

Any thoughts on 360 vs Wii version? The motion controls are sometimes hard for younger kids -- my son can play SMG easily, but some other games just frustrate him.

As for that boxing title, I'm pretty sure that's the retail price. I could be wrong. I know you can pick it up at Target everyday at that price.

[quote name='iowaholdem']
Also, is Manhunt 2 selling piss poorly? It always seems like the game is being put on sale, and I'm wondering why. I mean, I'm sure it's not a great game or anything, but did all the press and the ESRB AO rating have a dampening effect on the M rated version's sales?[/QUOTE]

The game that was actually released has completely neutered graphics.

Pun intended.

@ daminion

I think the boxing game you're thinking about is Showtime Championship Boxing. It's normally $29.99 everywhere. Victorious Boxing is $39.99 on Target's website.

[quote name='novelidea']@ daminion

I think the boxing game you're thinking about is Showtime Championship Boxing. It's normally $29.99 everywhere. Victorious Boxing is $39.99 on Target's website.[/quote]

Perhaps, although I swear I saw it on an endcap with Ghostsquad, Alvin & the Chipmunks and a few others all with $29.99 stickers. I never picked it up to have it scanned since I wasn't really interested.

All the games soon MSRP $19.99. Remembered most of them is not the best selling title & they should drop down $19.99 or less. Also, lots bit titles for PS3/Wii/360 in 2008.

[quote name='daminion']Perhaps, although I swear I saw it on an endcap with Ghostsquad, Alvin & the Chipmunks and a few others all with $29.99 stickers. I never picked it up to have it scanned since I wasn't really interested.[/QUOTE]

I've been looking at those endcap Wii games at Target a lot lately, looking for the cheap Ghost Squad. I did notice it was Showtime Boxing for Wii that's alongside the other ones.

Thrillville is tempting, but I think I'd rather have the 360 version.

Reading the GameSpot review, it seems they are all pretty identical but it says the Wii version suffers from awful aliasing issues.

Edit: Yikes, I hate to be a graphic whore but:

Wii version:

360 version:

How limited is the coaster design in Thrillville? I have the original for PS2 and I don't like how you can't make large coasters and you are very limited in the types of elements you can use on coasters. Like on the inverted coaster design, I couldn't even add most of the inversions real inverted coasters have (immelman, cobra roll, batwing etc.)

A couple of games I want to bite on, but am hesitant to after reading some reviews. Anyone have any experience with VB: Revolution or Dragon Blade?

[quote name='Masterkyo']All the games soon MSRP $19.99. Remembered most of them is not the best selling title & they should drop down $19.99 or less. Also, lots bit titles for PS3/Wii/360 in 2008.[/quote]

I can't understand what the hell you're saying... Do they teach English in Kansas?

[quote name='Vegan']I can't understand what the hell you're saying... Do they teach English in Kansas?[/quote]

He just said that he thinks all of these games will see a MSRP drop to around $19.99 sooner rather than later, mainly because most of them have sold poorly AND because of how many big new releases are coming this year.

Oh no way, that game is not too expensive. Great TR experience.

(I am, of course, speaking to its value with regards to how good of a game it is...while you guys may be speaking of its value compared to how it may drop in the next few months.)

But really, at that price, it's a freakin' no brainer IMHO! If you like platforming and old-school TR gameplay, that is.

A good ol' fashined bump for those who may not have seen it. I'm no longer going to monitor these prices. If you haven't taken advantage of them by now, then you've probably figured out you don't really need to.

bread's done
Back