Amazon.com Sharkoon XTatic 5.1 $119.99

Scandal26

CAGiversary!
Just saw this on Amazon.com. Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset $119.99. Also, it qualifies for Supersaver Free shipping if you are willing to wait for a few days to get it. A friend of mine has this headset and thinks that it's great. I just ordered one so I can't tell you how they are yet.

It's a damn awesome headset. It's exactly like my friends tritton ax pros, surround sound and the exact same cord set up. People say the mic on it is easily breakable but I've had mine for 1 year and it works great. In my year of ownership it's only messed up a few times. By mess up I mean it would suddenly start buzzing loudly or one bit of sound would constantly repeat.

Another thing, the reviews on amazon state it doesn't have chat control for the ps3 to turn up/down player voice volumes but it does I use that feature often in MW2. Headsets great for hearing enemies all around you.

Thanks for the info. I had a pair of Triton Axpros but they broke after a few months. Luckily I had bought the warranty for them and got a full refund. Several of my friends' Tritons broke as well, so I figured that I would try a different brand.

Idk how this is compared tot Turtle Beach DX11. But if you buy and X11 headswt and a DSS, you can get simulatted 7.1 for 90ish. Or perhaps 80, since the DSS dropped in price.

But yeah, idk the technicals, all I know is that the DX11 is 7.1 and this is 5.1. The higher the number the better I assume :p

[quote name='Bobby_D']I'm sure the big difference is "simulated" 7.1 versus a true 5.1[/QUOTE]

Well I thought its not possible to have 5.1 in a small headset.. So all headsets with 5.1 and 7.1 are simulated no? They're not "true"".. I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely true, but I'm sure for most people it might as well be. Some headsets come with multiple speakers in each earphone to pay out in a true 5.1 or 7.1. Some say that since the speakers are so close together it is hard to distinguish the difference.

I finally got the Sharkoons the other day. It took a few days for Amazon to get them (even though they advertised that they were in stock) but they shipped them next day air for free so that was nice. You guys are right, they are pretty much the exact same headset as the Tritton Axpros. I think there has to be a copyright infringement on someone's end! I haven't really messed with the set up yet, but so far they sound pretty good. Once I get them fine tuned I'll give a better review. Until then I can tell you that it's a pretty good deal for $119.99.

BTW I saw in another thread that Newegg.com dropped their price to $119.99 as well. If they would have had it at that price when I bought my set, I would have got them from Newegg. Their customer service is great, and when my Axpros broke, the refund check was at my house by the end if the week. Hopefully I'll never have to use the Amazon warranty!!!

[quote name='Scandal26']I finally got the Sharkoons the other day. It took a few days for Amazon to get them (even though they advertised that they were in stock) but they shipped them next day air for free so that was nice. You guys are right, they are pretty much the exact same headset as the Tritton Axpros. I think there has to be a copyright infringement on someone's end! I haven't really messed with the set up yet, but so far they sound pretty good. Once I get them fine tuned I'll give a better review. Until then I can tell you that it's a pretty good deal for $119.99.

BTW I saw in another thread that Newegg.com dropped their price to $119.99 as well. If they would have had it at that price when I bought my set, I would have got them from Newegg. Their customer service is great, and when my Axpros broke, the refund check was at my house by the end if the week. Hopefully I'll never have to use the Amazon warranty!!![/QUOTE]

For AX pro and Sharkoon, which one is more comfortable to wear? I currently have a AX pro and it's not that comfortable since hold my head too tight.

BTW, I haven't experienced Newegg customer service yet, but Amazon customer service is awesome.

[quote name='foreinter']For AX pro and Sharkoon, which one is more comfortable to wear? I currently have a AX pro and it's not that comfortable since hold my head too tight.

BTW, I haven't experienced Newegg customer service yet, but Amazon customer service is awesome.[/QUOTE]
I had the same problem with the Axpros. They were tight for me too. The Sharkoons seem to be a little bit looser, but they seem to rest a little heavier on the top of my head. I guess the Axpros were so tight on the side of my head, the topstrap never touched the top of my head LOL. With the Sharkoons, I noticed that I have to move the topstrap from time to time because it gets a little uncomfortable. So it's either squished ears/side of head with the Axpros or extra weight on the top of my head with the Sharkoons. For me. I prefer the Sharkoons.

One thing I noticed is that since they arent as tight, they dont seal as well. I was watching Battlle: Los Angeles last night and my wife could hear the movie from the other room. I only had it about half volume (maybe a little higher ;)) but not full blast, and she said that she could hear everything clearly. With the Axpros, my wife never heard a thing.

bread's done
Back