Amazon.com : Xbox 360 Premium - $329.99 + Free Shipping [DEAD at the moment]

best amazon customer image ever

dd1ac6da8da090b782841110.L.jpg

While tempting, I'm waiting until I can be certain I'm getting one of the new serial numbers that have the HDMI port and heatsinks added--Microsoft is phasing out the faulty serials numbers, but I imagine you'd have to make an in-store purchase to know which version you're getting.

Ultimately, my point was: there's no way I'm paying Microsoft for a console that has such a high chance of breaking.

[quote name='chodax']best amazon customer image ever

[/quote]

How'd you get off my ignored list? No problem, I'll put you back on! ;)

what's up with the first review of the X360? Damn, the guy really want some attention or something?

As for the deal, meh, thanks OP, i'll wait for the new X360...

[quote name='Zoglog']the HDMI is almost pointless. The real kicker on the new versions is the new chips and more silent DVD drives[/quote] true.. just wanted the new version

Question that may be borderline unethical (if it would work) - if you bought this from Amazon, and it was a non-HDMI unit, could you buy an HDMI one at a B&M store and return the non-HDMI one to the store?

Now that I think of it, that probably would be a con-job...no go for me yet.

[quote name='aktick']Question that may be borderline unethical (if it would work) - if you bought this from Amazon, and it was a non-HDMI unit, could you buy an HDMI one at a B&M store and return the non-HDMI one to the store?

Now that I think of it, that probably would be a con-job...no go for me yet.[/quote]

Console serial numbers get printed on receipts/recorded in their system at most (all?) stores. So, no, it's not likely that you could do that.

[quote name='rendil']Console serial numbers get printed on receipts/recorded in their system at most (all?) stores. So, no, it's not likely that you could do that.[/quote]
Was thinking they might do that...of course if they just scanned the box itself, not the console, they wouldn't know, but I'm not gonna risk it.

repost --- The 20 gig hard drive included with the premium is only 13.9gigs in reality, and then you have all your saves and downloads and shit, so you have very little room left to run the system off the harddrive. It's like when your computer bogs down and is slow once you fill it up, it just takes time to search all that cluttered info.

Whereas you have the elite's with 120gigs (in reality 103ish) where you don't have to worry about space. Also they are saying the after June models of the Elites have the extra heatsink, so you really shouldn't worry about RROD with those.

[quote name='aktick']Question that may be borderline unethical (if it would work) - if you bought this from Amazon, and it was a non-HDMI unit, could you buy an HDMI one at a B&M store and return the non-HDMI one to the store?
[/quote]

Doubt it would work, they ususally put the serial numbers on the reciepts

Any reason Amazon has a $20 Price Break suddenly? Perhaps want to boost sales while people are jumping on the reduce price of the console?

Have a friend that was going to pick one up for $350 today at CircuitCity, but might have to direct him to Amazon $330 with Free Shipping isn't bad.

[quote name='Darkfire001']Any reason Amazon has a $20 Price Break suddenly? Perhaps want to boost sales while people are jumping on the reduce price of the console?[/QUOTE]

Probably to dump their non-HDMI stock

Have a friend that was going to pick one up for $350 today at CircuitCity, but might have to direct him to Amazon $330 with Free Shipping isn't bad.

Does Amazon still forego sales tax? I haven't ordered from there in awhile, so I don't know if their policy has changed.

[quote name='djSyndrome']Probably to dump their non-HDMI stock

Does Amazon still forego sales tax? I haven't ordered from there in awhile, so I don't know if their policy has changed.[/quote]
No sales tax for me (Cali).

[quote name='SonicPower']No sales tax for me (Cali).[/quote]

Awesome, I'm from CA too (Sacramento). Thanks for the quick reply!

I didn't think about sales tax. If I were to buy it from Amazon, I would save another $21 from not having to pay tax. The in store price for someone in Michigan buying a 360 would be $371.00 after 6% tax.

Afaik, Amazon doesnt charge sales tax.

At the very least, you can add NY & NJ to CA as states that dont get charged tax.

[quote name='Zoglog']the HDMI is almost pointless. [/quote]
If you don't have an HDTV and/or don't care about getting a 1080p picture, sure.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If you don't have an HDTV and/or don't care about getting a 1080p picture, sure.[/quote] Also the difference between HDMI and component is very very minimal. The difference is really hard to see. Engadget confirms.

You have to pay sales tax if you live in Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, or Washington. You should be fine elsewhere.

I went to the Delaware Costco to get mine (on a trip from MD to Atlantic City, NJ). No sales tax there, well worth the stop!.

[quote name='SonicPower']Also the difference between HDMI and component is very very minimal. The difference is really hard to see. Engadget confirms.[/quote]

Although if you have the choice, the one plug is nice.

[quote name='kevlar51']You have to pay sales tax if you live in Kansas, Kentucky, North Dakota, or Washington. You should be fine elsewhere.

I went to the Delaware Costco to get mine (on a trip from MD to Atlantic City, NJ). No sales tax there, well worth the stop!.[/quote]

Yup, it's true. Amazon wants me to pay $24.22. That's a deal breaker for me. (I'm from Kansas.)

[quote name='SonicPower']Also the difference between HDMI and component is very very minimal. The difference is really hard to see. Engadget confirms.[/quote]

Confirms with games or with 1080p HD-DVDs?

[quote name='SonicPower']Also the difference between HDMI and component is very very minimal. The difference is really hard to see. Engadget confirms.[/QUOTE]

BUT... I have a hdmi cable running to my projector (for my htpc hdmi->dvi converted) and I'd much rather just get a cheap hdmi switch and a couple extra short cables from monoprice than have to deal with a whole new component or vga run to the projector... The fewer cables I have running to the thing the better for me. That's my reason for wanting hdmi - and I think a fairly valid one...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Confirms with games or with 1080p HD-DVDs?[/quote]
Games.

With HD-DVDs, I don't know yet. I will soon be an owner though.

[quote name='SonicPower']Games.

With HD-DVDs, I don't know yet. I will soon be an owner though.[/quote]

Without doing any research, I would think that games would need to be optimized to work (look better) with 1080p.
Id definitely bet HDMI is much much better than component when using an HD-DVD.

They proabably are trying to clear out the old stock of 360s, the falconless, new heatsink less models. For a 360 purchase, I'd buy it in the store. That way, I would be able to see the manufacturing date of the 360. July 2007 and up should be good.

[quote name='rendil']Console serial numbers get printed on receipts/recorded in their system at most (all?) stores. So, no, it's not likely that you could do that.[/quote]

I do it all the time.
works at WalMart 100%

Switch the seriel stickers that are on the xbox you want to give to them. It's not rocket science.
switch the casings too, although in this case you can't do the back casing since it needs a slot for hdmi.

[quote name='McNutsack']I do it all the time.
works at WalMart 100%

Switch the seriel stickers that are on the xbox you want to give to them. It's not rocket science.
switch the casings too, although in this case you can't do the back casing since it needs a slot for hdmi.[/quote]
i dont think it works, they are very strict on this ... plus hdmi case is different then the non hdmi casing..

works at WalMart 100%

switch the casings too, although in this case you can't do the back casing since it needs a slot for hdmi.[/quote]

Not rocket science, just not ethical.

works at WalMart 100%

switch the casings too, although in this case you can't do the back casing since it needs a slot for hdmi.[/QUOTE]

So open the console and void the warranty?

Well you can't run your 360 at 1080p on component cables. Obviously you have a $1500+ tv you'll want the HDMI support. My current TV is only 720p but I'll be getting a nicer one eventually and will need the HDMI eventually.

HDMI on 720p definitely won't make a big difference.

Amazon most certainly is clearing out the stock of older models.

[quote name='freshzen']Well you can't run your 360 at 1080p on component cables. [/quote]

You can run games at 1080p on component just fine. It's when you get into movies and the whole Image Constraint Token crap that you need pure digital signals.

[quote name='Filbert']If someone can find out if these have the HDMI port I'll certainly bite.[/quote]

I doubt it. But I'd ebay my old one if I could get an HDMI 360 for that.

I think being sure of the newer models would be worth the extra $40 to buy it in-store. Sure I don't care about the HDMI slot. It's just the easiest way to confirm you get the better chip and drive.

[quote name='TwistedBishop']You can run games at 1080p on component just fine. It's when you get into movies and the whole Image Constraint Token crap that you need pure digital signals.[/quote]

Only if your television supports it, which many do not.

Yeah, some tvs can only run up to 1080i with component cables, so it all varies. If you are playing games, it shouldn't make much of a difference since there are so few native 1080p games. But if you want to watch movies, the hdmi port becomes that much more important because of HDCP.

Tempting...but I'll pass.

If school wasn't starting soon I probably would have grabbed it...then again, I'd need a wireless adapter anyways and not sure how cheap I could grab one for.

:D

Man, if i didn't buy mine at gamecrazy for 400+3 year warranty. I'd soooo bite on this.

[quote name='help1']How'd you get off my ignored list? No problem, I'll put you back on! ;)[/quote]

aww microsoft fanboy is sad :(

bread's done
Back