Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']So an order that I used the 20 promotional credit on was something I did not mean to order. When I refuse the package when it gets delivered, I know I will get refunded. But will I get refunded the promotional credit too?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no refunds on promo credits on returns.

[quote name='ral1121']Well, for me,

its either Crysis 2 or Homefront.

I don't know about Homefront so much do since Modern Warfare 3 is coming out this year and its basically the same setting as Homefront.

and, if Crysis 2 demo sucks, I will just jump on Homefront so it can hold me until Modern Warfare 3 and L.A. Noire since its coming out on May 17th.

If the Crysis 2 demo works out well, I will skip Homefront and just get Crysis 2. I won't worry much about the communities. It is bound to have a good sized community no matter what.[/QUOTE]

that's awfully optimistic of you, but i hope you're right...

[quote name='eau']Has anyone gotten a LBP2 preorder bonus R&C costume code yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got one on Thursday.
I had to bug customer service repeatedly over the course of many attempts though.

[quote name='FlipSide']Nope, no refunds on promo credits on returns.[/QUOTE]

Great point. I ended up returning a game I bought with promo credit and got refunded $8. Didn't realize they weren't going to refund you the credit you applied. Thankfully the CSR I chatted with was good about it and gave me my $ back, but always remember if you bought something with promo credit, best to sell it yourself on Amazon or Ebay if you need to move it.

[quote name='eau']Still waiting for ME2 $20 credit.

Has anyone gotten a LBP2 preorder bonus R&C costume code yet?[/QUOTE]

I received my code on Tuesday morning.

[quote name='juanawoman']And MvC3 is bad why?[/QUOTE]
I wish I knew. The game looks badass. I ordered a LE (out of print now) Soul Calibur 4 PS3 stick for it (and SSF4 to tide me off).

[quote name='scarhawk']I wish I knew. The game looks badass. I ordered a LE (out of print now) Soul Calibur 4 PS3 stick for it (and SSF4 to tide me off).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My only problem is the chance of the SE dropping in price in a few months like a lot of games.

I can't decide if I want to wait that long to play this awesome game. :lol:

[quote name='juanawoman']Agreed. My only problem is the chance of the SE dropping in price in a few months like a lot of games.

I can't decide if I want to wait that long to play this awesome game. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Then just get the standard edition with the $10 credit. There's a bunch of people that already preordered it. Less than 3 weeks away from release too :)

Looking to buy a Nintendo Wii from Amazon. And sadly I didn't order one last week when it was $180.00. Does anyone know or have any idea when Amazon puts up Amazon Credit or Reduces the price of consoles? Thanks!!!

I guess I might as well preorder Gears 3 some time. I'm going to get it at launch anyway and $20 game credits are difficult to pass up.

[quote name='shadylane']Gotta pick up ME2 this week[/QUOTE]

Why this week?
Is the promo for $20 credit still active for Mass Effect 2? I put it in my cart, but didn't see any notification at checkout, or for the game's listing.

you guys are probably better off waiting and then getting it from kmart when they do their drop to $45 cause it's also part of their B1G1 50% off (for ME2/LP2 + a 59.99 game)

LOL

i was going to order

Lord of Arcana - Square Enix; Video Game
r

with release date delivery and was told by CHAT AMAZON you had to order it 5 days in advance to get RELEASE DATE DELIVERY...

over to gamestop i go #$# amazon

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone know if the credit for Mass Effect 2 is still valid? If no K-mart's near me have both Dead Space and ME2, this is my only other option.[/QUOTE]
The ME2 credit offer is no long valid.

[quote name='jrodsep']Looking to buy a Nintendo Wii from Amazon. And sadly I didn't order one last week when it was $180.00. Does anyone know or have any idea when Amazon puts up Amazon Credit or Reduces the price of consoles? Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

I'd try looking again when the 3DS comes out in a few months. There's usually a promo on consoles when a new piece of hardware comes out.

Not a credit and dont feel like making a thread for it but Amazon (and gamestop.com) has Child of Eden for $49.99 now. Maybe that'll just be MSRP not sure but it's $10 cheaper than it was anyway.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not a credit and dont feel like making a thread for it but Amazon (and gamestop.com) has Child of Eden for $49.99 now. Maybe that'll just be MSRP not sure but it's $10 cheaper than it was anyway.[/QUOTE]

That is in fact MSRP everywhere.

They matched a few of Walmarts credits.

$10 for:
Crysis 2 (PS3 only at the moment)
Shift 2 Unleashed (Xbox/PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3 / Xbox / Wii )

One interesting thing to note is that they now specify for Tiger Woods that it is not valid with the Collectors Edition.

Nice find on TW12 Shock, preordered that and a bunch of other stuff.

TW12 (+10 Putting club / $10 credit)
Homefront (Avatar item / $10 credit)
Mortal Kombat (Reptile skin and classic fatality)
Gears of War 3 ($20 credit)
plus I've had Dragon Age 2 Signature edition (bonus items)

[quote name='Jiggaloj']I'm disappointed that MVC3 Special Edition doesn't have a $10 credit but I couldn't resist ordering.[/QUOTE]

Is there any reason behind this? I could have sworn LBP 2 special edition had 20$ credit. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='TheyCallMeMoney']Is there any reason behind this? I could have sworn LBP 2 special edition had 20$ credit. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

No, it was just the standard edition.

im hoping amazon has some pre-order deal for Bulletstorm...after playing the demo that game is definitely one I want to pick up...

[quote name='jj5206']im hoping amazon has some pre-order deal for Bulletstorm...after playing the demo that game is definitely one I want to pick up...[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. I have a $20 gift card from the living social deal, so I'll probably order it from Amazon anyway.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They matched a few of Walmarts credits.

$10 for:
Crysis 2 (PS3 only at the moment)
Shift 2 Unleashed (Xbox/PS3)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3 / Xbox / Wii )

One interesting thing to note is that they now specify for Tiger Woods that it is not valid with the Collectors Edition.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if I pre-ordered the Crysis 2 game back in Sept. 2009 ECA discount will I still get the $10 credit? I didn't see any verbiage that explicity stated that it covers past pre-orders like it normally has in the offer description.

HOORAY AMAZON!!!!

$10 Credit Bonus Offer
Order Dead Space 2 (Standard Edition) for PS3 and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Dont see it in the OP, but saw that FEAR 3 has a $20 credit. Went ahead and reserved it. Im a fan of the FEAR games, especially since this one has split-screen co-op.

[quote name='ploppsdman']HOORAY AMAZON!!!!

$10 Credit Bonus Offer
Order Dead Space 2 (Standard Edition) for PS3 and receive a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.[/QUOTE]
I don't recall seeing the offer before launch. Is it a slap in the face for fans who made the commitment to preorder?

[quote name='eau']I don't recall seeing the offer before launch. Is it a slap in the face for fans who made the commitment to preorder?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I emailed a polite request to them, asking that they offer it to me. We'll see.

EDIT: Never hurts to ask..... they made a "one-time exception" and gave me the $10 credit.

[quote name='3rdbass']Does anyone know if I pre-ordered the Crysis 2 game back in Sept. 2009 ECA discount will I still get the $10 credit? I didn't see any verbiage that explicity stated that it covers past pre-orders like it normally has in the offer description.[/QUOTE]

I dont believe so, youd have to cancel and immediately preorder to get it. Takes 30 seconds to do so. Granted if you had originally preordered for a lesser value you will lose that difference.

Been a while since I had an amazon game credit, someone refresh me on the expiration window on them. Seems like it was two or three months?

[quote name='donbaloo']Been a while since I had an amazon game credit, someone refresh me on the expiration window on them. Seems like it was two or three months?[/QUOTE]
The video game credits vary but yeah theyre generally valid for around that length of time. Some were valid for around a year though also so it just depends on what Amazon feels like doing I guess. You should get an email when you get your credit that will tell you exactly when it expires.

[quote name='donbaloo']Been a while since I had an amazon game credit, someone refresh me on the expiration window on them. Seems like it was two or three months?[/QUOTE]
Also a heads up, it seems now the credit appears to be general amazon credit and not just games credit with the credit they have been adding recently.

I am interested in KZ3
but amazon is not offering anything

=/

Same thing happened with LBP2.
Amazon ended up giving 20 credit as it was getting close to release date

c'mon amazon...
20 credit...
do it again..

[quote name='cRodz']I am interested in KZ3
but amazon is not offering anything

=/

Same thing happened with LBP2.
Amazon ended up giving 20 credit as it was getting close to release date

c'mon amazon...
20 credit...
do it again..[/QUOTE]
Yep only way I'll get it from Amazon is if they add $20 before it releases. Otherwise off to Kmart.

My LBP2 credit has a 1 year window.

Is there a reason why I don't seem to have seen my $20 Little Big Planet 2 credit? I searched the thread but didn't seem to come up with anything.

I didn't get my Mass Effect 2 credit and I had to do like 5 emails and 1 chat in order to get it resolved. They either said the credit was already added to my account (it was a past credit for a different game) or simply ignored my emails. A rep referred my case to marketing dept or just to get me off his back. Of course, I never heard back from such dept.

Btw, Did LBP2 CE has a pre-order bonus code for some Ratchet & Clank costume? Did Dead Space 2 CE also have a preorder bonus in-game stuff (in addition to Ignition)? I haven't received any of them :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back