Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leeloo1977']Does anyone know if Amazon places things in your Gold Box if you already have them pre ordered? I am trying to pre order everything I am interested in so that it ships with my Amazon Prime, which expires in May. But I am wondering if I am missing out an the chance for Amazon to drop them in my Gold Box.[/QUOTE]

If you pre-order at Amazon you get the lowest price the game is sold for before release.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Does anyone know if Amazon places things in your Gold Box if you already have them pre ordered? I am trying to pre order everything I am interested in so that it ships with my Amazon Prime, which expires in May. But I am wondering if I am missing out an the chance for Amazon to drop them in my Gold Box.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen an item I have pre-ordered in my Gold Box.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I'm kind of confused by how the Gold Box works. I never seem to get video game deals in my Gold Box. It's always computer equipment or home theatre stuff. Is there a setting for this in account management somewhere?[/QUOTE]

It can be manipulated to give you stuff you want. Check out Jodou's Gold Box/Quick Picks thread. The gist of it is to clean out your Recommendations and to manipulate what items you own/have rated to get things in Recommendations.

Also, to the question about pre-ordered items showing up in your Quick Picks: It can happen sometimes, though very rarely, and often with very popular stuff. For example, for a few months (both pre- and post-release) Uncharted 2 would show up in my and many others' Quick Picks even though we all had preordered it. Like I said before, the occurrence is quite rare.

Is the promotion over? I saw it a couple hours ago but now the price for PS3 BC2 has dropped to 56.99 and I can't see anything about the $20 off.

[quote name='Xerxes']Weird. I don't have anymore gold box quick picks.[/QUOTE]

I get them very sporadically now. For several days I have nothing. Then a few things show up. Kinda sucks but Amazon is always a great deal so I don't mind.

[quote name='sittinghawk3']can you preorder a game and then cancel it after you receive the credit?[/QUOTE]

no, they credit you after the game ships

[quote name='KazuoKiriyama']Is the promotion over? I saw it a couple hours ago but now the price for PS3 BC2 has dropped to 56.99 and I can't see anything about the $20 off.[/QUOTE]

Promo is over. Walmart also dropped their promo.

[quote name='Brother Daz']May 18th is going to be a good day, RDR, Skate 3 & Lost Planet 2[/QUOTE]

Replace Skate 3 w/ Split/Second and I agree with you. ;)

Just a quick question for a new Amazon user. Does the credit ever go away? Like an expiration date. And other then Prime how much is shipping usually?

[quote name='Buzzman']Just a quick question for a new Amazon user. Does the credit ever go away? Like an expiration date. And other then Prime how much is shipping usually?[/QUOTE]The credits that come with game purchases/pre-orders typically do have an expiration date. For the most part, they're also restricted to video game purchases as well. I can't answer the second part though since I've been a Prime member from the start.

[quote name='Buzzman']how long would you say you have them nutil they expire?[/QUOTE]I can't say for sure, but they seem to be good for at least a couple of months. Take for example the $20 credit with BF2 they recently offered. That has an expiration date of April 30.

I managed to get my order canceled from Buy.com since it never qualified for the $20 gift card...stupid me didn't see the fine print when ordering but I digress...for those who missed out Newegg has Bad Co2 for 54.99 with free ship and no tax so not a bad deal there either.

[quote name='musicjunkie']looks like the BC2 deal is gone. Don't see it on the page any more. Sucks I missed it. :/[/QUOTE]

They're almost always gone when the game comes out. If you want to get in on an amazon sold game that comes with credit, pre-order it.

[quote name='Vortextk']They're almost always gone when the game comes out. If you want to get in on an amazon sold game that comes with credit, pre-order it.[/QUOTE]

This one lasted well after the game's release unlike most pre-orders, as did Wal-Mart's for BC2. I ordered my copy a day or two after it's release and still received the $20 credit.

What the heck? Why does the price go down to 56.99 the day it comes out when I preordered it for 59.99? Is there a possibility I can get a price adjustment?

It's amazing how good Amazon CS is. I just got the FFXIII credit and asked for it to be applied to my GoW3 UE order. They couldn't add the credit but they took $10 off my order AND let me keep the original $10 credit. This is easily the best retailer I've ever dealt with!

[quote name='sasuke543']What the heck? Why does the price go down to 56.99 the day it comes out when I preordered it for 59.99? Is there a possibility I can get a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]
That one is actually sold through buy.com, I emailed CS this morning about it before I knew it was sold from buy.com and asked for a 3 dollar refund. They gave it to me.

Hello from Amazon.com.

I have checked our website and see that the price of the " Final Fantasy XIII" has been reduced.

We will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price in the amount of $3.00 in next 2 to 3 business days.

If you don't receive this refund in next 2 to 3 business days please write back to us and let us know using the following link:

[quote name='Brother Daz']That one is actually sold through buy.com, I emailed CS this morning about it before I knew it was sold from buy.com and asked for a 3 dollar refund. They gave it to me.

Hello from Amazon.com.

I have checked our website and see that the price of the " Final Fantasy XIII" has been reduced.

We will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price in the amount of $3.00 in next 2 to 3 business days.

If you don't receive this refund in next 2 to 3 business days please write back to us and let us know using the following link:[/QUOTE]

what did you say to them? I got denied a refund :(

[quote name='sasuke543']What the heck? Why does the price go down to 56.99 the day it comes out when I preordered it for 59.99? Is there a possibility I can get a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you pre-order it? I placed my pre-order on December 1st, and it was $56.99 back then, shipped from Amazon.

I basicly said, I seen that the price of the game had dropped by $3 and I would like a refund for that, and that it was within the time limit for the release day price guarantee. I recieved the email back for them in about 15 minutes or so.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I basicly said, I seen that the price of the game had dropped by $3 and I would like a refund for that, and that it was within the time limit for the release day price guarantee. I recieved the email back for them in about 15 minutes or so.[/QUOTE]

All right I'm gonna try again...hope I get a refund!

Here is exactly what I sent them:

Hi,
I see the price of Final Fantacy XIII has dropped by $3 , am I able to receive a refund for that amount for the lowest price guarantee you guys have? It is within the 24 hour period. Thank for you help.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Here is exactly what I sent them:

Hi,
I see the price of Final Fantacy XIII has dropped by $3 , am I able to receive a refund for that amount for the lowest price guarantee you guys have? It is within the 24 hour period. Thank for you help.[/QUOTE]

I got the refund! :D But I ordered both versions...think I have to email another one for the PS3 version?

Do you guys think that Amazon will sell FF13 for $40 a month from now? I mean they sold MW2 for $40 and that's a popular game too. If Amazon does that, I could use my $10 credit from GoWIII towards Ff13 and get that for $30.

That would prevent me from having to use my $20 gift card from Toys R US. But right now, Toys R US has a deal where you can get FF13 for $50 with free shipping so if I use my giftcard there, it comes to $30 + tax. Not sure what I should do.

[quote name='dallow']Thanks for the heads up.

Shrike my man, please add these to the OP. :D

Also worthy to note that both editions of Monster Hunter Tri have the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]Done, done and done.

Monster Hunter bundle just got a lot more tempting. Do we have confirmation on whether the black Classic Controller Pro will be sold separately, or just the white?

It's already up for sale on Amazon (here) for $20, though I'm assuming it's backordered or something, as the estimated ship time is 2-4 weeks. I do wonder if this is a one-time production thing or what.

And man, I hope I don't have to bitch to Amazon CS about my FFXIII credit. Seems like they're sending it out, but I have gotten no word. They shipped it yesterday, so I guess I have to give them until Thursday, but they're usually pretty quick about sending credit. Perhaps they'll make it up to me by adding a $10 credit to SMG2 and/or Metroid: Other M.

[quote name='Nirron']And man, I hope I don't have to bitch to Amazon CS about my FFXIII credit. Seems like they're sending it out, but I have gotten no word. They shipped it yesterday, so I guess I have to give them until Thursday, but they're usually pretty quick about sending credit. Perhaps they'll make it up to me by adding a $10 credit to SMG2 and/or Metroid: Other M.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on mine. Never did get one for dante's inferno and I am actually pretty upset about that, would have waited to purchase for one thing, but I figure I've gotten plenty of too good deals off them so whatever. I don't really feel like taking it up the butt a second time so soon however.

Whoo hoo! Monster Hunter bundle gets a GC, and another preorder gets better! I just wonder what I'm going to spend all this credit on...have to think of something soon... :p

Edit: Hm, maybe a DSi XL?

Updated the OP with the link to the PS3 version of MotoGP 09/10.

[quote name='Nirron']And man, I hope I don't have to bitch to Amazon CS about my FFXIII credit. Seems like they're sending it out, but I have gotten no word. They shipped it yesterday, so I guess I have to give them until Thursday, but they're usually pretty quick about sending credit. Perhaps they'll make it up to me by adding a $10 credit to SMG2 and/or Metroid: Other M.[/QUOTE]Same here. I'm waiting until the end of the day tomorrow, and if nothing by then, I'm emailing them to ask them WTF.

bread's done
Back