Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mitnosi']Weird, I too ordered when it was only a $10 dollar promo and emailed them about it. The rep checked the order and told me I would be getting the $20 dollar credit, but ill screen shot the deal page and the email and send it in if I have to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess I'll do the same. I sent them one more email though so I'll see what they say. I'll probably give them a call if they don't understand what I'm asking in the email again.

Yeah, I think you're just wasting your time ShockandAww. Plenty of people have had previous experiences of this type of bonus applying and if not customer service has been able to fix the issue. I think you're thinking too much about it. Just wait until the time comes and if you don't get the $20 give them call.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I guess I'll do the same. I sent them one more email though so I'll see what they say. I'll probably give them a call if they don't understand what I'm asking in the email again.[/QUOTE]
If you have to re-order, you might be able to get them to adjust it and take off the previous credit.

So is Amazon getting the Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition? Or is that a Game Stop exclusive now?

For anyone that doesn't know the Limited Edition includes all of the Pre-Order bonuses (GameStop's, Amazon's, and Best Buy's) plus the soundtrack.

Anyone know?

[quote name='TheBiz']So is Amazon getting the Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition? Or is that a Game Stop exclusive now?

If anyone that doesn't know the Limited Edition includes all of the Pre-Order bonuses (GameStop's, Amazon's, and Best Buy's) plus the soundtrack.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure thats Gamestop Only

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, I think you're just wasting your time ShockandAww. Plenty of people have had previous experiences of this type of bonus applying and if not customer service has been able to fix the issue. I think you're thinking too much about it. Just wait until the time comes and if you don't get the $20 give them call.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're probably right. I'm just going to wait and see.

[quote name='TheBiz']So is Amazon getting the Red Dead Redemption Limited Edition? Or is that a Game Stop exclusive now?

For anyone that doesn't know the Limited Edition includes all of the Pre-Order bonuses (GameStop's, Amazon's, and Best Buy's) plus the soundtrack.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Any idea how my answer was posted above the question that was asked to it? Did I see the future or something?

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

The US isn't getting a single version with all that. Gamestop has the "Special" Edition which has the Assassins outfit + soundtrack and exclusive challenges. The game case is also a little different from the looks of it.

Amazon gets the golden guns, and Best Buy gets the War Horse. I wish there was a single version with all of it though.

[quote name='mitnosi']Weird, I too ordered when it was only a $10 dollar promo and emailed them about it. The rep checked the order and told me I would be getting the $20 dollar credit, but ill screen shot the deal page and the email and send it in if I have to.[/QUOTE]There's one issue, which is the fact that they're not listing "This offer will be extended to all preorders" in the text for the GC information. Normally, they add that when they're going to honor it for all pre-orders, though you might be out of luck in that case. I screen cap'd it as well, showing the "You ordered this on...." at the top of the page. If I don't get it, I'll send an email to them and complain about bait and switch, since I can't cancel and reorder it, due to credits on my pre-order that will expire.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The US isn't getting a single version with all that. Gamestop has the "Special" Edition which has the Assassins outfit + soundtrack and exclusive challenges. The game case is also a little different from the looks of it.

Amazon gets the golden guns, and Best Buy gets the War Horse. I wish there was a single version with all of it though.[/QUOTE]

they will release it all as dlc in 2 months and charge 5$ for it..

[quote name='shrike4242']There's one issue, which is the fact that they're not listing "This offer will be extended to all preorders" in the text for the GC information. Normally, they add that when they're going to honor it for all pre-orders, though you might be out of luck in that case. I screen cap'd it as well, showing the "You ordered this on...." at the top of the page. If I don't get it, I'll send an email to them and complain about bait and switch, since I can't cancel and reorder it, due to credits on my pre-order that will expire.[/QUOTE]

You ordered it before there was a $20 GC deal or while it was $20? I hate to get so pissy over $10 lol but I probably will anyway if I don't get the full $20.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']they will release it all as dlc in 2 months and charge 5$ for it..[/QUOTE]

Yeah true I don't want the dlc anyway. I just wanted a single version with all of it because people on ebay pay ridiculous prices for it.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's one issue, which is the fact that they're not listing "This offer will be extended to all preorders" in the text for the GC information. Normally, they add that when they're going to honor it for all pre-orders, though you might be out of luck in that case. I screen cap'd it as well, showing the "You ordered this on...." at the top of the page. If I don't get it, I'll send an email to them and complain about bait and switch, since I can't cancel and reorder it, due to credits on my pre-order that will expire.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but Amazon has been fair with me so far, I think if I end up with 10 instead of 20 they will fix it. If not I'll bitch up a storm :p

I'm way too indecisive to choose which preorder bonus AND which version to buy. :p

Speaking of which...is there any technical analysis yet of the 360 vs. PS3 versions, a la Euro Gamer's DigitalFoundry comparisons? To clarify, I'm not asking for the typical "they'll be nearly identical, buy the one you prefer" response but rather something empirical with which to decide myself. Or are those types of analyses typically not available until after the game is released?

No, because no one has a copy yet to analyze. The only extended playtime anyone has had has been at R*s office under their supervision.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm way too indecisive to choose which preorder bonus AND which version to buy. :p

Speaking of which...is there any technical analysis yet of the 360 vs. PS3 versions, a la Euro Gamer's DigitalFoundry comparisons? To clarify, I'm not asking for the typical "they'll be nearly identical, buy the one you prefer" response but rather something empirical with which to decide myself. Or are those types of analyses typically not available until after the game is released?[/QUOTE]

None as of yet, but I wouldn't worry about it...and here's why.

I think both will be very close to each other because R* SD is responsible for the development of the Rage engine itself. They have more direct experience with the software than R* North did when developing GTA IV. You could say GTA IV was the early experiment with the engine and RDR is the highly advanced version.

If there are any differences, I believe they will be rather insignificant. If you can't decide...flip a coin...or just don't open it until someone compares both, and then exchange it for the other version if any differences happen to be too much a big deal for you. That's the safest route.

[quote name='mitnosi']Any idea how my answer was posted above the question that was asked to it? Did I see the future or something?[/QUOTE]

Lol, good question, are you a witch? ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']The US isn't getting a single version with all that. Gamestop has the "Special" Edition which has the Assassins outfit + soundtrack and exclusive challenges. The game case is also a little different from the looks of it.

Amazon gets the golden guns, and Best Buy gets the War Horse. I wish there was a single version with all of it though.[/QUOTE]

O you're right, I didn't look closely enough. Thanks for the heads up guys. Looks like the better deal is still with Amazon.

How long would Amazon's Red Dead Redemption's offer ($20 gift card) will last? I'm waiting for a second $10 credit before ordering it, but it's probably arriving from here to Wednesday :/

[quote name='mitnosi']Yeah but Amazon has been fair with me so far, I think if I end up with 10 instead of 20 they will fix it. If not I'll bitch up a storm :p[/QUOTE]I've not had any real issues with them so far, though this could be a point they'd weasel out on, since they don't have the statement about it being extended to all preorders.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']How long would Amazon's Red Dead Redemption's offer ($20 gift card) will last? I'm waiting for a second $10 credit before ordering it, but it's probably arriving from here to Wednesday :/[/QUOTE]

You should be good...I believe the bonus remains until the release date.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']How long would Amazon's Red Dead Redemption's offer ($20 gift card) will last? I'm waiting for a second $10 credit before ordering it, but it's probably arriving from here to Wednesday :/[/QUOTE]
If you would have asked me this a few days ago I would of said until the day it shipped. But seeing as they took Alan Wake's credit off I have no clue.

[quote name='Blank Earth']I'm way too indecisive to choose which preorder bonus AND which version to buy. :p

Speaking of which...is there any technical analysis yet of the 360 vs. PS3 versions, a la Euro Gamer's DigitalFoundry comparisons? To clarify, I'm not asking for the typical "they'll be nearly identical, buy the one you prefer" response but rather something empirical with which to decide myself. Or are those types of analyses typically not available until after the game is released?[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about Red Dead Redemption, I've heard from a reliable source that the PS3 version is significantly inferior.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are talking about Red Dead Redemption, I've heard from a reliable source that the PS3 version is significantly inferior.[/QUOTE]
Maybe that's why all the videos they have shown is from the 360 version.

Is that true? Damn, I don't like buying flawed stuff, I hope it's not like what happened with Bayonetta :/

Now that's making me reconsider... but then, I only have PS3, not like I can just buy the 360 version...

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are talking about Red Dead Redemption, I've heard from a reliable source that the PS3 version is significantly inferior.[/QUOTE]Good to know, and that's why I've gone with the 360 version.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you are talking about Red Dead Redemption, I've heard from a reliable source that the PS3 version is significantly inferior.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That really sucks. I'm switching to the xbox version then thanks for the heads up.

Also, another Amazon rep reiterated that I will not get the $20 GC with my pre-order since I ordered when it had a $10 gift card. That is completely unacceptable to me, so I canceled over $400 in orders from Amazon and will pay a little extra elsewhere and hopefully get some decent CS. Muahaha

Define 'significantly inferior'. If your source just means it's some bleh graphics here or there, as long as it's still fun I'll still buy it. Hell. I've had it fully pre-ordered for about a month or more already.

Now if it's issues with freezing and major glitches galore, THEN I'll have an issue with it. Although the glitches were the most fun part of the last Rockstar game I played(GTA IV).:lol:

If that is true...I'll actually be shocked! Perhaps it is because R* SD has significantly inferior programmers? ;)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If that is true...I'll actually be shocked! Perhaps it is because R* SD has significantly inferior programmers? ;)[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it Rockstar's San Diego studio that handled Red Dead Revolver though? Or was that Manhunt? I know they handled one of those two games prior.

Mind you, it'd be interesting if the game has an under the map glitch that you can exploit in multiplayer and come riding your horse out from under the map.;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ouch. That really sucks. I'm switching to the xbox version then thanks for the heads up.

Also, another Amazon rep reiterated that I will not get the $20 GC with my pre-order since I ordered when it had a $10 gift card. That is completely unacceptable to me, so I canceled over $400 in orders from Amazon and will pay a little extra elsewhere and hopefully get some decent CS. Muahaha[/QUOTE]

I don't know what reps you've been talking to man, but every time I email them (it sometimes takes 2 emails), I get what I'm looking for. I even got a refund once 3 weeks after I had received my game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wasn't it Rockstar's San Diego studio that handled Red Dead Revolver though? Or was that Manhunt? I know they handled one of those two games prior.

Mind you, it'd be interesting if the game has an under the map glitch that you can exploit in multiplayer and come riding your horse out from under the map.;)[/QUOTE]

You're right, R* SD handled Red Dead Revolver...which they basically tweaked as the game was well into development at Capcom. Capcom was about to scrap it and R* bought the IP. Different game though. RDR is the first in the franchise to utilize their Rage Engine.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You're right, R* SD handled Red Dead Revolver...which they basically tweaked as the game was well into development at Capcom. Capcom was about to scrap it and R* bought the IP.[/QUOTE]

I had heard that RDR was in development at Capcom until Rockstar bought it. I have to wonder where the series would be now if Capcom had kept it.

Red Dead Revolver Super Turbo Edition 2 thru 99 by now, probably.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I had heard that RDR was in development at Capcom until Rockstar bought it. I have to wonder where the series would be now if Capcom had kept it.

Red Dead Revolver Super Turbo Edition 2 thru 99 by now, probably.:roll:[/QUOTE]
With paid DLC costumes that are already on disc, dont forget that :p

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Not so much programmers, but horrible management I think.

http://www.destructoid.com/possible-red-dead-redemption-woes-aren-t-sounding-good-160314.phtml

This is from January so take it with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I read and heard through sources all about the calamity going on in there. Apparently only some of the staff felt they were over-worked. Others stated nothing was wrong. You cannot please anyone I guess. Then again, working long hours and weekends for good stretches of time is to be expected. Sometimes it isn't too bad...but sometimes it happens. It shouldn't be a shock.

In any case. I've seen many, MANY, 360's got out at work, hence I never bought one...don't really need to. At home I have a PS3, PC, Gamecube, and DS. Here's hoping the PS3 version received the same amount of TLC and didn't get the Bayonetta treatment. If so, it's going back and I'll wait for the inevitable PC version.

Been sitting on the fence about preordering for a while (too much to play) but the $20 Amazon credit sold me. Thanks Cheapy!!

I don't think the ps3 version will be too bad. Remember before the release of GTAIV? Wasn't the ps3 version of that claimed to be inferior? I mean it very well might be, but it looks fine to me.

Different devs though.

Apparently the goal of RDR was to prove R* SD can make a quality AAA title.

Do you think they would allow the release of the ps3 version if it was so terrible?

I don't but we'll have to wait :(

[quote name='mitnosi']With paid DLC costumes that are already on disc, dont forget that :p[/QUOTE]

You talking about Red Dead Redemption or Super Street Fighter IV cuz I know for certain I'm buying one and I've steered clear of the other series since the Genesis versions.;)

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Apparently the goal of RDR was to prove R* SD can make a quality AAA title.

Do you think they would allow the release of the ps3 version if it was so terrible?

I don't but we'll have to wait :([/QUOTE]

If the PS3 version is truly inferior, it would be in R*'s best interest to delay the PS3 version and actually work on it until it is on par. To release an inferior product will hurt R*...A LOT, considering the present install base of the PS3.

Perhaps Digital Foundry will compare RDR before release. My fear are technical issues, like major bugs and freezing / crashing occurring. I do not need to waste my time through a bug-fest like Fallout 3 / GOTY again. From what I heard in the past is that development was mainly on the 360, but was assured the PS3 was not a port (at least in its totality), and that all would be well.

I had my hopes as I love western games and always wanted be a part of a team developing one. Perhaps they should apply EA's methodology of developing for the PS3 first and porting to 360 as it is easier to port with that method, ending with comparable results.

Basically, if they manage to fuck up the PS3 version, it will be the PS3's most hyped, and at the same time, biggest flop of the year.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If the PS3 version is truly inferior, it would be in R*'s best interest to delay the PS3 version and actually work on it until it is on par. To release an inferior product will hurt R*...A LOT, considering the present install base of the PS3. [/QUOTE]

I agree it should be delayed if it's not as good as the Xbox version. It really sucks too for me since I don't go online with my Xbox, only the PS3. Guess it might be time to hop on Live. Dammit.

Maybe Cheapy can clarify or try to get some more info on any differences?

If they delay the ps3 version but not the 360 version. When they release the ps3 version that pretty much guarantees it'll be DOA. Significantly inferior could mean lower res textures, and a resolution that's worse. Nothing new when it comes to ps3 games sadly.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']It would be ironic, considering that Grand Theft Auto IV is the highest scored game of all time for the PS3. You would probably expect the same if it's the same people that developed both games...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/[/QUOTE]

GTA series is developed by R* North. Though a few of the North guys are working on RDR, it is mainly R*SD. Now, SD are the creators of the RAGE Engine, so you'd think it would be safe to assume they are the best to be fully acclimated with the software they coded themselves.

Also, RDR does more with RAGE than GTA: IV did. True, the PS3 architecture is more "exotic" than MS's 360...but at this point in time, developers should have no excuses. If the majority of the love went into development on the 360 version...then R* should have the balls and decency to admit it to their fans and only release the 360 on the 18th.

Releasing a half-assed PS3 port will only bring about furious mistrust. Think about your long-time fans R* and not only about the money. Please the fans and the money will always be there. Piss them off and the fans will leave...and ultimately so will the money.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']It would be ironic, considering that Grand Theft Auto IV is the highest scored game of all time for the PS3. You would probably expect the same if it's the same people that developed both games...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/[/QUOTE]

I've heard GTA IV was better graphically on the 360. I dont know myself since I didn't really like GTA IV and got rid of it pretty quick and only played the Xbox version.

PS if Cheapys wrong about RDR he may want to find a cave to hide in for a little while ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']I've heard GTA IV was better graphically on the 360. I dont know myself since I didn't really like GTA IV and got rid of it pretty quick and only played the Xbox version.

PS if Cheapys wrong about RDR he may want to find a cave to hide in for a little while ;)[/QUOTE]
He may want to now, looking at that gamefaqs link, those fanbois might burn him at the stake lol

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']If the PS3 version is truly inferior, it would be in R*'s best interest to delay the PS3 version and actually work on it until it is on par. To release an inferior product will hurt R*...A LOT, considering the present install base of the PS3.

Perhaps Digital Foundry will compare RDR before release. My fear are technical issues, like major bugs and freezing / crashing occurring. I do not need to waste my time through a bug-fest like Fallout 3 / GOTY again. From what I heard in the past is that development was mainly on the 360, but was assured the PS3 was not a port (at least in its totality), and that all would be well.

I had my hopes as I love western games and always wanted be a part of a team developing one. Perhaps they should apply EA's methodology of developing for the PS3 first and porting to 360 as it is easier to port with that method, ending with comparable results.

Basically, if they manage to fuck up the PS3 version, it will be the PS3's most hyped, and at the same time, biggest flop of the year.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if they delay it for PS3, it'll mean there won't be as many tools playing the Free Roam like they were in GTA IV and GTA IV Episodes. I'd love to just explore the Wild West enviro without having some d-bag coming in out of nowhere trying to kill me for 20-25 minutes and unloading every shot they have to do so.:roll:

But with the shaky ground Rockstar and their parent company Take-Two is on, they need as many big name games with lotsa sales for each as they can get.

Otherwise, we risk another company being taken over by EA.

bread's done
Back