Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wildcpac']Did this happen to anybody else?

I emailed Amazon about not receiving the $5 dollar promo. They applied the $5 dollar promo into my account. Today I just received the $5 dollar gift card email from Amazon. So they gave me $10 for GTA.[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing happened for me as well.

Used my $20 rebate from MW2 for Super Mario Bros Wii. $26.99 shipped second day delivery free (no release date delivery available boo).

[quote name='maximumzero']Is there a guide to getting a game to show up in your Gold Box on the boards here?

I would have done this had I known how to, though with the ECA discount I'm sure it wouldn't have been a whole lot cheaper so I'm not gonna let it bother me too much.[/QUOTE]

I'd appreciate seeing a guide to getting items in the gold box as well. I remember a while back someone had a guide to getting a ps3 to show up, which was real helpful at the time. Anyone have how it works down to a science?

I can't decide if I want to use my $30 credit towards Assassin's Creed II or God of War III or hold off and use it during Black Friday. It would be nice if God of War III fell in my quick picks but I only got the Collection in there.

If you haven't gotten an e-mail about the MW $20, you might want to just add a game and go to the checkout to see if it's there already. I didn't get an e-mail but the $20 is in my account.

[quote name='integrafied1']Same exact thing happened for me as well.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

Has anyone have success getting amazon to apply game credits to existing pre-orders?

Or the only way to use the credits is to cancel and reorder? This may not work very well if you happen to have used ECA in those preorders.

[quote name='wildcpac']Did this happen to anybody else?

I emailed Amazon about not receiving the $5 dollar promo. They applied the $5 dollar promo into my account. Today I just received the $5 dollar gift card email from Amazon. So they gave me $10 for GTA.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them yesterday... got the code in my email at like 1 am last night, then received the reply about it sometime later this morning... said we see the code was sent... sorry you didn't receive the email here is the code again... so annoying...

not that I didn't get 10 bucks but that they waited till exactly 10 days well actually several hours past 10 days to send the get an email that makes it sound like it's my fault... well maybe not but I would love to be able to reply to the CSR that sent it to me... not to be an ass but just to explain things...

[quote name='eau']Has anyone have success getting amazon to apply game credits to existing pre-orders?

Or the only way to use the credits is to cancel and reorder? This may not work very well if you happen to have used ECA in those preorders.[/QUOTE]

I've had general success by "suggesting" that they lower the price of the game by the amount of the credit. Flat out asking them to apply the credit usually got me the whole thing about unable to do that etc etc. A nicely phrased sentence or two along the lines of "perhaps apply the credit or lower the price of the game by $X.XX" has worked well for me. The only downside is that it will lower the ECA discount by however much, though a $10 discount only means you lose $1.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Left 4 Dead 2 now has a $10 videogame credit as well. I check my preordered stuff fairly regularly to see if any prices have dropped and I'm pretty sure that this bonus was just added today.

How does Amazon handle a customer having multiple videogame credits? do they add up? i should have $50 worth after MW2, Mario, L4D2, and AC2 and i thought it would be a good idea to save it for a potential black friday deal on DJ Hero, but I'm worried that they will make me use 1 promotion per order.

[quote name='trent82']I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Left 4 Dead 2 now has a $10 videogame credit as well. I check my preordered stuff fairly regularly to see if any prices have dropped and I'm pretty sure that this bonus was just added today.

How does Amazon handle a customer having multiple videogame credits? do they add up? i should have $50 worth after MW2, Mario, L4D2, and AC2 and i thought it would be a good idea to save it for a potential black friday deal on DJ Hero, but I'm worried that they will make me use 1 promotion per order.[/QUOTE]

they most definately stack... and awesome news on the 10 bucks on left 4 dead... getting closer to free DS

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I bought MW2 from Amazon and then tried to buy 1600 ms points from them today and the $20 credit applied to the points, so they're effectively free! Noice!

My copy of MW2 has still not shipped from Amazon. Says shipping soon, but it's said that for 2 days now. Oh well. I'm sure it'll be taken care of.

I have still yet to see my $30 Promotional Credit towards a console for trading in $60 of games.

I traded in pretty late, like days before the cutoff. Does anybody know what the latest possibility to get the code is?

My games were received a couple of weeks ago, and I even got and used my $60 in credit already.

[quote name='Afflicted']they most definately stack... and awesome news on the 10 bucks on left 4 dead... getting closer to free DS[/QUOTE]

Just make sure your promotional game credits don't expire. They do have different expiration dates so check the emails you get to make sure you don't let any slip by!

[quote name='trent82']I'm not sure if this has been posted, but Left 4 Dead 2 now has a $10 videogame credit as well. I check my preordered stuff fairly regularly to see if any prices have dropped and I'm pretty sure that this bonus was just added today.[/QUOTE]
It does not show up for me listed on their site.

Bug maybe?

[quote name='Despacio']I have still yet to see my $30 Promotional Credit towards a console for trading in $60 of games.

I traded in pretty late, like days before the cutoff. Does anybody know what the latest possibility to get the code is?

My games were received a couple of weeks ago, and I even got and used my $60 in credit already.[/QUOTE]
You should have received it by now. I got mine 3 days after they had received the games.

Got some news about Tekken 6:

First, I would like to apologize for the delay in sending your bonus code for pre-ordering "Tekken 6." Unfortunately, there is an additional delay in receiving the codes from our vendor.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. We will be issuing a $5 promotional certificate to all customers affected by this delay and you should be receiving yours soon along with updated information about when to expect your code.

Please rest assured that these codes are forthcoming and all customers who placed a qualifying order during the pre-order period will receive one. These codes should be issued within the next week. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Hey i got a question. Anyone had any luck getting the ACII $5 off coupon and use a promotional credit on the same order? I had my preorder in for $50.99 but after my MW2 credit I emailed them and thewy told me they wont apply it! Says smething about cant combine promotions and a snootie "read the fine print" bullshit. Im gonna cancel my order if i cant apply this. Anyways thanks for any responses!

has anyone who ordered the prestige edition gotten their 10.00 credit yet? I know it says up to ten days on the form, I was just curious if I should call and bitch amazon out about it.

[quote name='icarusmight']Hey i got a question. Anyone had any luck getting the ACII $5 off coupon and use a promotional credit on the same order? I had my preorder in for $50.99 but after my MW2 credit I emailed them and thewy told me they wont apply it! Says smething about cant combine promotions and a snootie "read the fine print" bullshit. Im gonna cancel my order if i cant apply this. Anyways thanks for any responses![/QUOTE]

most people don't have luck getting the promotion credit applied to existing orders... betting it has a lot to do with the way it's applied in their system and that it's something most CSR's don't have the ability to to.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']has anyone who ordered the prestige edition gotten their 10.00 credit yet? I know it says up to ten days on the form, I was just curious if I should call and bitch amazon out about it.[/QUOTE]
I haven't.:cry:
Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Wondering what the hell is going on.

Feels good chaining the deals together. Felt kinda ripped off buying 3($27) games for $80 to get $40 off, but felt good to get CODMW2 for $20 and get a $20 credit for that as well.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']has anyone who ordered the prestige edition gotten their 10.00 credit yet? I know it says up to ten days on the form, I was just curious if I should call and bitch amazon out about it.[/QUOTE]
I received mine the morning of Nov 11.

I got my $10 and $20 credits from amazon the same days the games shipped. Look forward to doing more business soon, amazon! Thanks again to Cheapy for this thread! :bouncy:

I received my e-mail confirmations for my $10 (Brutal Legend) and $40 (spend $80) credits.
When I went to buy NSMBW this morning only the $10 credit was showing up in my cart.
Any way to specify or change which credit to apply; or should they both be showing up and my $40 credit was missing?

[quote name='hellboypi']I received my e-mail confirmations for my $10 (Brutal Legend) and $40 (spend $80) credits.
When I went to buy NSMBW this morning only the $10 credit was showing up in my cart.
Any way to specify or change which credit to apply; or should they both be showing up and my $40 credit was missing?[/QUOTE]
The $80/$40 deal was for a $40 promo *code*. The e-mail you received for that deal should include the code.

[quote name='wolve']The $80/$40 deal was for a $40 promo *code*. The e-mail you received for that deal should include the code.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, don't know how I missed that!#-o

Well I finally decided to pull the trigger on ACII and pre-ordred, (1 day early) lol, it today. Used my MW2 credit and got $10 credit with this order. Thanks CAG once again.

I enjoyed but didn't enjoy the first one but I heard even Ubisoft understood that the first one was way repetitive and did away with the core mission structure. Also combat is a bit better handled in the sequel which is good to hear.

Received my $10 for L4D2 and $10 for AC2 today.

Question, they now say the promo cash expire on 1/31/10 and the game must be purchased and ship by 1/31/10.

But, I threw Lost Planet 2 (ships 2/2) in cart, since they finally put up the 360 version for pre-order and it is deducting the $40 total ($20 for COD:MW2).

Will the discount disappear on 1/31 or will I be ok if I get the order in. From experience with Amazon I think I am ok, but I wondered if anyone has encountered this before.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stonciddta']Received my $10 for L4D2 and $10 for AC2 today.

Question, they now say the promo cash expire on 1/31/10 and the game must be purchased and ship by 1/31/10.

But, I threw Lost Planet 2 (ships 2/2) in cart, since they finally put up the 360 version for pre-order and it is deducting the $40 total ($20 for COD:MW2).

Will the discount disappear on 1/31 or will I be ok if I get the order in. From experience with Amazon I think I am ok, but I wondered if anyone has encountered this before.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
I just checked the wording in my email and it is not different than any of the other promo codes I've received. I don't think it means that the game has to shjp by 1/31/10. It should be read as the purchase must be made by 1/31/10 and the game must be sold by and shipped from amazon and not a third party.

Crystal Bearers for Wii (release date 12/26/2009) now has a $10 games credit attached. Unfortunately, the price has gone up to $49.99 (from $44.99). Those of us who preordered at the lower price point should also get the credit as it says it applies to all pre-existing orders. It also comes with an Amazon-exclusive 2010 Final Fantasy calendar as a preorder bonus.

What do you guys think about Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers for Wii? Is it going to be a big hit or just another game trying piggy back on Final Fantasy name?

[quote name='DealProdigy.com']What do you guys think about Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers for Wii? Is it going to be a big hit or just another game trying piggy back on Final Fantasy name?[/QUOTE]
I'm personally looking forward to it. It looks to me like it could be the lush, physics-based action RPG that Dawn of Mana wanted to be. Definitely has great graphics, and it doesn't seem to take itself overly seriously. Famitsu's review was only lukewarm though.

[quote name='argyle']Looks like all 3 versions of Bioshock 2 now include a $10 credit. Posting from my phone, so no link.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it!

A CE of bioshock 2 was announced, checking if they had it on amazon yet. Not so far, but yes the game does come with a credit now. Pretty crazy thinking how far out it is. The game is also 52.99 on ps3, 53.99 on 360 or 46.99 on pc. Good time to put down a placeholding pre-order on the game, especially for the discounts on the console versions, even if you aren't sure.

bread's done
Back