Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keit2208']hmmm... it doesn't display a promo on the God of War 3 page but when I go through checkout it tells me "
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."
Anyone else notice the same?[/QUOTE]

FYI, I just tried purchasing it, and I see the offer too. So I think they may be getting ready to offer a $10 Video Games promotional code. Awesome!

This might be a dumb question, but... Is there anyone who has bought Mass Effect 2 since the release date, and can confirm whether or not Amazon is still giving out the preorder armor?

Well there are plenty of examples of physical preorder bonuses still being given away after a game has been released and they've quit advertising the bonus... I was wondering if they might do the same with download codes.

Hey guys I have a question:
If I already preordered one or multiple games on that list will I get a credit or do I have to re-order? I used my ECA discounts on a few of them a while back and I don't want to get screwed out of the now nonexistant ECA credits on top of my discount.
Thanks.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This might be a dumb question, but... Is there anyone who has bought Mass Effect 2 since the release date, and can confirm whether or not Amazon is still giving out the preorder armor?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you preorder it you should get a code to use. I got it as a seperate email with subject line (Your Bonus for Ordering "Mass Effect 2" at Amazon.com)

It has the code and instructions. If you dont get this email you should call amazon.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Dennis

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Hey guys I have a question:
If I already preordered one or multiple games on that list will I get a credit or do I have to re-order? I used my ECA discounts on a few of them a while back and I don't want to get screwed out of the now nonexistant ECA credits on top of my discount.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure, but I would need someone to confirm, that I've seen ppl mention that Amazon gives you the $10 credit on existing preorders as part of their lowest price guarantee.

[quote name='ky151']The $10 credit now shows up on the God of War III product page.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Add God of War III (Standard) to the list.

The Ultimate Edition gets no such love. :(

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm emailing Amazon CS about the Ultimate Edition to see if it's going to be eligible.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. I figure it won't be since they already knocked $10 off the price. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

[quote name='Ardrid']I'm emailing Amazon CS about the Ultimate Edition to see if it's going to be eligible.[/QUOTE]I tried that with Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 and they politely told me no. Repeatedly.

I guess in their mind, they don't need to give $10 to people willing to fork out money for a CE/LE version. :whistle2:s

Wow, I had existing orders for GoWIII and Alan Wake, so this is great.

Weird about Alan Wake though. That game is far off, with little details.

Oh well, I'll take the $20!

I know Amazon limit the promo to 1 per account so you can't buy 2 copies of a game and expect 2x $10 credit in return. However, what about multi-platform games where you buy 1x 360 copy and 1x PS3 copy of the same title, will you get both credits?

In case of pre-order DLC bonus, if you order 1x regular edition and 1x limited edition of the same title that offers the bonus, will you get 1 or 2 DLC codes?

Lmfao. I just emailed Amazon CS asking about the promotional credit as it relates to my Ultimate Edition order. Either they're planning on offering the $10 credit for the UE or the guy didn't know what he was doing but in either case he just applied a $10 credit to my acct. Damn sure ain't complaining about it :)

[quote name='Ardrid']Lmfao. I just emailed Amazon CS asking about the promotional credit as it relates to my Ultimate Edition order. Either they're planning on offering the $10 credit for the UE or the guy didn't know what he was doing but in either case he just applied a $10 credit to my acct. Damn sure ain't complaining about it :)[/QUOTE]

That, there, is why Amazon continues to dominate in online customer support, and why they always get my money before other stores. Every single CSR seems to have the ability to throw credit at an account if it means keeping the customer happy. Amazon = win. :applause:

[quote name='eau']I know Amazon limit the promo to 1 per account so you can't buy 2 copies of a game and expect 2x $10 credit in return. However, what about multi-platform games where you buy 1x 360 copy and 1x PS3 copy of the same title, will you get both credits?

In case of pre-order DLC bonus, if you order 1x regular edition and 1x limited edition of the same title that offers the bonus, will you get 1 or 2 DLC codes?[/QUOTE]

My guess is 2 since they're separate SKUs. I know when I tried placing an order for FFXIII (to test whether a promotion was applied), Amazon wouldn't let me place it because I already had a copy ordered. Something about limited quantities. I don't know if that's just because it's FFXIII or because they're offering the $10 credit but, in either case, you definitely can't get 2 bonus credits for the same SKU. All that to say it shouldn't prevent you from getting a credit for the LE version of a game if they offer it.

Well just sent off my second email about the $10 credit for MAG, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

One I sent yesterday gave me a vague answer.

"I'm sorry that you haven't receive the promotional credit as yet. Our Promotion Team should be placing this credit into your account soon."

Which could either mean they need more time to sort out a problem or they guy didn't even read the email I sent since they were sup'd to be credited within 2 days.

[quote name='Jodou']It's because Amazon has a really horrible system when tracking multiple items in the same order. The only way to get separate shipping options is by making individual orders. Otherwise, only one shipping speed is available for the entire order unless they all are eligible for release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing :whistle2:? No way to change that, or should I try talking to them?

[quote name='sinkingships']That's disappointing :whistle2:? No way to change that, or should I try talking to them?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no way on your end. But 2day shipping gets you the game 1 day after release, for anything that offers release day anyway. They ship it a day early, so you'll get it the day after.

[quote name='Vortextk']Absolutely no way on your end. But 2day shipping gets you the game 1 day after release, for anything that offers release day anyway. They ship it a day early, so you'll get it the day after.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% on this, it may be true about release day orders, but my previous GOW 2 day order had an estimated delivery date of April 5th, despite the previous release date of the 31st. This means they expected to take the release date before mailing the item, not having it sent the day of release.

[quote name='Minions']Not 100% on this, it may be true about release day orders, but my previous GOW 2 day order had an estimated delivery date of April 5th, despite the previous release date of the 31st. This means they expected to take the release date before mailing the item, not having it sent the day of release.[/QUOTE]

Every single one of my games has an estimated delivery date of...5 days? after it's released, all with prime 2 day shipping. They've had that since last fall for all of my game purchases and every single one has gotten to me the day after release, without fail. That's like 12 games.

[quote name='eau']I know Amazon limit the promo to 1 per account so you can't buy 2 copies of a game and expect 2x $10 credit in return. However, what about multi-platform games where you buy 1x 360 copy and 1x PS3 copy of the same title, will you get both credits?

In case of pre-order DLC bonus, if you order 1x regular edition and 1x limited edition of the same title that offers the bonus, will you get 1 or 2 DLC codes?[/QUOTE]

You will get both credits. I got MW2 for the 360 and PS3 and was sent both $10 credit.

Yay, updated my Bioshock 2 preorder to free prime release date shipping. Waiting on the $10 preorder credit from that game to preorder GoW 3.

well to throw in my own experience, i had a preorder for mass effect 2 that i set for release day delivery. before it shipped out, i added pokemon heart gold and soul silver to it, and all three showed up as release day (and i got ME2 on day 1). so that could be a workaround to the problem.

[quote name='lilman']Yay, updated my Bioshock 2 preorder to free prime release date shipping. Waiting on the $10 preorder credit from that game to preorder GoW 3.[/QUOTE]

I did the same, but annoyingly the system automatically added my gift card balance to the preorder. Wanted to use the gift card on a future order. :p

[quote name='macontosh2000']Can you use the $10 game credit on XBL games?[/QUOTE]
Not for email delivery, but you can use it on a physical points card.

Saw Heavy Rain got release day shipping, hoping it gets hit with the $10 credit. Otherwise I think i'll wait and see people reactions before deciding on purchasing.

[quote name='Minions']Saw Heavy Rain got release day shipping, hoping it gets hit with the $10 credit. Otherwise I think i'll wait and see people reactions before deciding on purchasing.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Holy crap, heads up for those that don't know, promotional credits now expire within 1 month. They used to have at least 2 months to be used. The latest batch will expire February 28th, so enjoy having less than an already shortened month trying to find something to use them on.

I just had my credit for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles expire on me January 31st without my knowledge since I didn't know they'd shortened the expiration periods. They've been super late sending my credits for Tatsunoko, Mass Effect 2, and MAG which all shipped together and I was planning on using them all at once. I sent them an e-mail requesting my missing credits and getting the recently expired one that I would've used already if they'd sent my shit on time. Hopefully they make this right, but either way I'm pretty pissed about the whole situation.

jeez, when will Amazon start putting these game credits on the collector's editions of the games?

I'd pick up GoWIII UE, but no extra credit or anything :/

the deal they had for MW2 Hardened Edition with the freebie $20 credit was amazing!

[quote name='jcp42877']jeez, when will Amazon start putting these game credits on the collector's editions of the games?

I'd pick up GoWIII UE, but no extra credit or anything :/

the deal they had for MW2 Hardened Edition with the freebie $20 credit was amazing![/QUOTE]
I feel the same way, except that I actually pre-ordered the UE for GoW 3. I keep looking at the deal each day thinking if I actually want all those extras in that huge box. If there was a $10 credit thrown in, than that would ease my decision, but I just may cancel and pick up the regular stand alone game that has the credit.

Oh a heads up to the OP, Mass Effect 2 no longer has the credit. I think it expired on January 31st. And does anyone know if the credit is used automatically? I'd like to get a few games from the list and just have it stack for another game? Not a big deal if it doesn't, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!

[quote name='nflsonic']I feel the same way, except that I actually pre-ordered the UE for GoW 3. I keep looking at the deal each day thinking if I actually want all those extras in that huge box. If there was a $10 credit thrown in, than that would ease my decision, but I just may cancel and pick up the regular stand alone game that has the credit.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I may just end up getting the regular edition. Although I'm pretty content in my game selections for a while, so that'd help my decision for buying higher priced (LE's) games. The only games I am really interested in for a while are:

Alan Wake
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
RE5 DLC (got plenty of MSP to cover this)

I actually spent right at $100 for my full ME2 experience- $75 for the CE, $15 for the CE guide, and $10 to a CAG for his Terminus Armor code. But that has been well spent.

Not sure I could easily fork over $90+ for GoW3's CE

[quote name='shytface']Holy crap, heads up for those that don't know, promotional credits now expire within 1 month. They used to have at least 2 months to be used. The latest batch will expire February 28th, so enjoy having less than an already shortened month trying to find something to use them on.

I just had my credit for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles expire on me January 31st without my knowledge since I didn't know they'd shortened the expiration periods. They've been super late sending my credits for Tatsunoko, Mass Effect 2, and MAG which all shipped together and I was planning on using them all at once. I sent them an e-mail requesting my missing credits and getting the recently expired one that I would've used already if they'd sent my shit on time. Hopefully they make this right, but either way I'm pretty pissed about the whole situation.[/QUOTE]

1. Customer Service has always been helpful with me. Email them or call and explain the situation. Ask them if you can have an extension or reinstate the gaming credit. More often than not they will do something for you.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']I just ordered "mag" so i could get the $10 credit . When am i supposed to receive it ....thanks , andrew[/QUOTE]

Probably within 10 days. Not to knock your purchase put I picture the game being 40ish within a month on sale.

bread's done
Back