Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shytface']Holy crap, heads up for those that don't know, promotional credits now expire within 1 month. They used to have at least 2 months to be used. The latest batch will expire February 28th, so enjoy having less than an already shortened month trying to find something to use them on.[/QUOTE]
Wait...what? Does this apply to credits earned before the new policy was put into place? What about credit earned from trade-ins?

[quote name='cochesecochese']Wait...what? Does this apply to credits earned before the new policy was put into place? What about credit earned from trade-ins?[/QUOTE]

I think he means the 10 future gaming credit that come when you buy a certain game. You can always use that 10 Gaming Credit on a pre order.

Certain games also have different expiration dates for their gaming credit. Just check the tos on Amazon.

If I return Mass Effect 2 do I keep my $10 promotional credit? The reason I ask is because my Mass Effect 2 order was lost in the mail (it was shipped on 01/26/2010 but USPS is stating they never received it from Amazon.com).....amazon.com wants me to wait until 02/08/2010 before sending a replacement out but I know its gone and I dont want to wait anymore.

[quote name='yoricksdeath']Does MAG still get the 10 credit? didn't see it on the MAG page itself.[/QUOTE]

No, if it's not on the page then there is no more $10 credit. That and ME 2 no longer have $10 credits, they probably took them down not too long ago. I know ME 2 was taken down January 31st.

Anyone know if you can extend the use of the credit if you preorder a game before the xpiration date of the credit and then cancel the preorder later on? Do you get the credit back in your account? Reason is because I want to apply 2 different $10 video game credits I plan to get from preorders, but the second $10 credit I will get after the first $10 credit will expire.

[quote name='mook8515']Anyone know if you can extend the use of the credit if you preorder a game before the xpiration date of the credit and then cancel the preorder later on? Do you get the credit back in your account? Reason is because I want to apply 2 different $10 video game credits I plan to get from preorders, but the second $10 credit I will get after the first $10 credit will expire.[/QUOTE]The only way you'd get it back if it was still valid to use when you cancel the preorder.

If you cancel the order and it's past the usage point of the preorder, the $10 goes poof and disappears.

[quote name='wildcpac']You could always try emailing Amazon or calling to ask for an extension on the credit.[/QUOTE]
I tried before. No dice.

Does anyone know if pre-ordering with the Prime membership locks in the 2 day (or release date if it becomes available) free shipping? I would like to pre order 3D dot heroes using the $10 gc from FFxiii. But my prime membership trial expires about 8 days before the release date. Just wondering if I pre ordered using the Prime shipping if they would charge me for it when they shipped it since my membership will be expired by then.

[quote name='leeloo1977']Does anyone know if pre-ordering with the Prime membership locks in the 2 day (or release date if it becomes available) free shipping? I would like to pre order 3D dot heroes using the $10 gc from FFxiii. But my prime membership trial expires about 8 days before the release date. Just wondering if I pre ordered using the Prime shipping if they would charge me for it when they shipped it since my membership will be expired by then.[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine--you pay whatever shipping (in this case, free) you agree to when you click the purchase button. Pre-order away!

[quote name='joseanrock']So since you cant use the credit on XBL games, im going to assume you cant use it for the psn games too. Correct?[/QUOTE]

Does it work on a XBL or PSN card? I honestly don't know (and don't have a credit to try it on), but if it does problem solved.

[quote name='dino88']Does it work on a XBL or PSN card? I honestly don't know (and don't have a credit to try it on), but if it does problem solved.[/QUOTE]

It does work on XBL cards but I couldn't check for PSN since theyre out of stock at the moment.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']You'll be fine--you pay whatever shipping (in this case, free) you agree to when you click the purchase button. Pre-order away![/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks! I will make sure to get in all pre orders I am interested in before it expires.

Caved on Bioshock 2 360. Going to use the $10 credit towards GOW Collection then use the $5 off GOW3. With all the releases going Amazon over retail saved me over $40 dollars in deals, credit, and no sales tax and free shipping. I won't get the games the day they come out but as a trade off I can get every game I want from this quarter and not 100% break the bank...and have $10 credit left over due to the GOW3 purchase for another game later in the year.

[quote name='sinkingships']I ordered bioshock 2, ffxiii, and gow 3 and was hoping to use the $30 credit on resonance of fate but my bioshock credit expires too soon..[/QUOTE]

Could use the preorder credit on ff13 or gow3, then use the $10 you would have spent on the other games on resonance of fate.

[quote name='sinkingships']I ordered bioshock 2, ffxiii, and gow 3 and was hoping to use the $30 credit on resonance of fate but my bioshock credit expires too soon..[/QUOTE]

you can probably have customer service apply the credit to your resonance of fate order. order resonance of fate when your bioshock 2 credit comes in and then when you get your credit for gow3 and ff13, contact customer service and ask them to apply the $20 credit on the resonance of fate order.

today, i got my $5 god of war collection credit and asked customer service to apply it to my gow3 order, which i pre-ordered 4 months ago. didnt have any problems doing it.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']you can probably have customer service apply the credit to your resonance of fate order. order resonance of fate when your bioshock 2 credit comes in and then when you get your credit for gow3 and ff13, contact customer service and ask them to apply the $20 credit on the resonance of fate order.

today, i got my $5 god of war collection credit and asked customer service to apply it to my gow3 order, which i pre-ordered 4 months ago. didnt have any problems doing it.[/QUOTE]

Do you call them over the phone or do you just handle it through email?

[quote name='Demon Soul']Do you call them over the phone or do you just handle it through email?[/QUOTE]

i just sent them an email and they fixed it rather quick

[quote name='blackwaltz34']you can probably have customer service apply the credit to your resonance of fate order. order resonance of fate when your bioshock 2 credit comes in and then when you get your credit for gow3 and ff13, contact customer service and ask them to apply the $20 credit on the resonance of fate order.

today, i got my $5 god of war collection credit and asked customer service to apply it to my gow3 order, which i pre-ordered 4 months ago. didnt have any problems doing it.[/QUOTE]

I wont lose the bioshock credit when the order is changed if it's past the expiration date?

[quote name='sinkingships']I wont lose the bioshock credit when the order is changed if it's past the expiration date?[/QUOTE]

nope. they should be adding the promo credit from ff13 and gow3 on top of the promo credit from bioshock.

on my gow3 pre-order i mentioned earlier, i had an eca discount applied to it. and well, that discount is loooooong gone but amazon didnt get rid of it when they added the $5 promo credit and updated my order.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']nope. they should be adding the promo credit from ff13 and gow3 on top of the promo credit from bioshock.

on my gow3 pre-order i mentioned earlier, i had an eca discount applied to it. and well, that discount is loooooong gone but amazon didnt get rid of it when they added the $5 promo credit and updated my order.[/QUOTE]

question. lets say if i have 3 $10 promotional money credit, will the stack so I can pay cheaper for another game. example. instead of paying 60 for god of war 3 will i pay 30, or will they just accept 1 $10 credit

[quote name='dramasetter929']question. lets say if i have 3 $10 promotional money credit, will the stack so I can pay cheaper for another game. example. instead of paying 60 for god of war 3 will i pay 30, or will they just accept 1 $10 credit[/QUOTE]

Yes, they stack.

I didn't see it posted but Amazon has matched the Wal-mart deal on Madden 11 to give you a $20 gaming credit after shipment.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but do the $10 videogame purchase credits work for amazon's digital purchases as well? In the past I've just applied them to future game purchases, but I'd like to pick up some MS Points at a discount and thought I'd buy the online code version instead of getting the actual points card in the mail.

[quote name='luminaria']Not sure if this has been covered before, but do the $10 videogame purchase credits work for amazon's digital purchases as well? In the past I've just applied them to future game purchases, but I'd like to pick up some MS Points at a discount and thought I'd buy the online code version instead of getting the actual points card in the mail.[/QUOTE]
No it wont work with digital items

I ordered BioShock 2 awhile ago, and even though it's out on Tuesday. Amazon says it's shipping the following week?

Also, when I ordered the game, I did not have Prime, and now I do, will they go ahead and bump that old order and ship it 2 day w/ my Prime membership?

[quote name='destro4eva']I ordered BioShock 2 awhile ago, and even though it's out on Tuesday. Amazon says it's shipping the following week?

Also, when I ordered the game, I did not have Prime, and now I do, will they go ahead and bump that old order and ship it 2 day w/ my Prime membership?[/QUOTE]

They wont bump it up for you, you have to do it manually. Just go to "Your Account" -> Open Orders -> change shipping speed and choose 2day

[quote name='dragon2288']They wont bump it up for you, you have to do it manually. Just go to "Your Account" -> Open Orders -> change shipping speed and choose 2day[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the tip! Updated and will get the 2 day upgrade. Thanks again Dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fizban140']It seems like Mass Effect 2 PC no longer receives the credit, I just ordered it and got nothing.[/QUOTE]

It's probably best you took Mass Effect 2 off the main page Cheapy, i dont think the $10 credit has be offered for a week or so, i noticed but kept forgetting to post, sorry :cry:

This is the best current deal for BS2 PS3, right? Been seeing those commercials and they reminded me how much I enjoyed the first one.

[quote name='destro4eva']Hey thanks for the tip! Updated and will get the 2 day upgrade. Thanks again Dragon.[/QUOTE]Not sure if you know this, but they are now offering Release-Date Delivery for Bioshock 2. If you have Prime, it's no extra charge. =]

[quote name='lilman']Amazon is now offering $15 preorder credit for Just Cause 2[/QUOTE]Wow... Not sure if thats a good sign or a bad sign on the quality of the game. (Either way good find. :) )

[quote name='lilman']Amazon is now offering $15 preorder credit for Just Cause 2:
:360: Just Cause 2 [360]
:ps3: Just Cause 2 [PS3]
:pc: Just Cause 2 [PC]

Preorder from Amazon also comes with Bull's Eye Assault Rifle dlc code. I'm going to preorder for 360 once my Bioshock 2 $10 credit comes in.[/QUOTE]

I just watched the trailer for that game. It looks to be chock full of ziplines and parachutes and explosions. I actually said to myself "Did he just zipline to a helicopter? That looks so dangerous!" With any luck maybe > $10 credits will start becoming common.

[quote name='lilman']Amazon is now offering $15 preorder credit for Just Cause 2:

Preorder from Amazon also comes with Bull's Eye Assault Rifle dlc code. I'm going to preorder for 360 once my Bioshock 2 $10 credit comes in.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I have been waiting for a pre-order credit on this one.

Now I just have to decide what console to order it for.

The PS3 version will have an exclusive in game recording feature.

Thats the shit!! Thanks for the heads-up! Used my ME2 credit towards it and I'll use the $15 towards Red Dead Redemption!

I was going to post about the Just Cause 2...but hey I am glad the word is out, that game looks like crazy ass fun and with $15 credit...its almost a no brainer for me

bread's done
Back