Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm getting split second on PC almost free. I ordered it back when they had it priced at $29.49, minus 10% eca and a $5 coupon code for it puts it at $21.54. And now there's a $10 gaming credit, making it effectively $11.54. Not bad for release day delivery of a $40 game.

The increase is only $3, and although I would like to save $3, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I pre-ordered from Amazon. The limited edition with the added bonuses, plus the possibility of free DLC with the pre-order and then the $20 Amazon game credit were just too much to pass up.

I loved the first game, and this one is already set to surpass it.

[quote name='CarreraGT']I'm pretty sure the pre-order only gives you 'early access' to a game mode and a weapon that you can unlock later on.

$20 dollars sounds much better, no matter what pre-order Bonuses GS throws at us.[/QUOTE]
Every preorder I have done from amazon came with a preorder bonus of some sort, even though it was never advertised.

Might be the same here, but not sure. Gamestop has a special game mode which is really good but normal players don't get it for 1 month. Makes you wonder what the hell you are paying for to get blocked from gameplay for a month.

when should I expect to get a standard shipped game? It says estimated time of delivery is March 8-10. Will that change?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I don't think so... Uncharted 2 had a 10 dollar credit on it for months before it release.[/QUOTE]

I know why I was thinking something funny happened with Uncharted 2. That was the one with the instant $5 pre-order bonus.

Iam sure toys r us will give away at least a $10 gift card. They always do with big games. It may even be more. I will pick it up that way.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Wow, I'm getting split second on PC almost free. I ordered it back when they had it priced at $29.49, minus 10% eca and a $5 coupon code for it puts it at $21.54. And now there's a $10 gaming credit, making it effectively $11.54. Not bad for release day delivery of a $40 game.[/QUOTE]
Now I dont want to see you posting in the future that you're getting a game for $10 less with said promo

[quote name='shrike4242']Finally received my $10 credit from Dante's Inferno this morning.[/QUOTE]

Did you receive an email, or did it just show up in your account? I haven't received any notice about my credit for DI yet.

EDIT: Just checked my account, and I still don't have it.

[quote name='lpburk2']Did you receive an email, or did it just show up in your account? I haven't received any notice about my credit for DI yet.

EDIT: Just checked my account, and I still don't have it.[/QUOTE]Received the email this morning, and I checked and it's there. There's no "direct" way to check it being there, which makes it hard to see if you have it or not. I have received the credit without getting an email about it, as well as emails after the fact.

The way you'd check it would be to toss something into the cart that's a video game item, and start the checkout process. Check on the right side of the screen and you'll see the "Promotion Applied", showing -$10.00 as a deduction from the price of the item.

Obviously, don't complete the checkout process, and it'll stay in your account.

[quote name='Vortextk']Had you been e-mailing them shrike and they finally fixed it, or the automated system actually worked?[/QUOTE]I fired them an email on Thursday, and came back with the "give us 1-2 days to look into it response", with no credit.

Emailed them again on Friday, and received the same response as above.

I called them Monday, spoke with a rep who gave me a $10 general promotional credit for my troubles and explained that the promotions department is small, plus they only work M-F. She also said she would forward my issue with the lack of response internally and would make sure someone looked into. That, and she commented that hopefully they would be giving me the $10 credit I should have had anyway from the promotion once they were done looking into the issue.

Emailed them last night, and received the response about the credit being posted to my account this morning. I don't think it was the automated system working, since the text from last night's email was at the bottom of this morning's email, so it had to be someone from the promotions department fixing the issue.

I'd say if you still haven't resolved it yet, email them again and see if they get it fixed, or call them and have them fix it over the phone. Since I called, I ended up with the bonus $10 for my troubles, above and beyond the $10 I should have had from the promotion.

[quote name='CarreraGT']I'm pretty sure the pre-order only gives you 'early access' to a game mode and a weapon that you can unlock later on.

$20 dollars sounds much better, no matter what pre-order Bonuses GS throws at us.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop's preorder comes with the aks74 unlock

[quote name='MrChan']Gamestop's preorder comes with the aks74 unlock[/QUOTE]
Taken from the GS webpage: "A pre-order card with code and redemption instructions to unlock the AKS-74 will be available at time of game pickup."
Looks like a code printed on a physical card that you need to redeem either inside the game or on XBL/PSN.

Question is if it will be an unlockable when you attain a certain level later in the game, or the preorder card is the only way to acquire the weapon.

I guess if I bite, then I am falling into the "take advantage of the promotional marketing garbage" and then buy more games that are over priced since I have $20 off. I need to play catch-up on prior games I have and then turn into a true CAGer again... and move away from the $60 MSRP that we need to rail against.

Many good games for this spring to use this on... Yakuza 3, FF XIII, FIFA WC 2010. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']For the same console, that's a definite no. I'm not positive on if you order one of each.[/QUOTE]I think that as long as they're different consoles / different ASIN numbers, you should get the credit for each one purchased.

More than one of the same item, nope, you only get one credit.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think that as long as they're different consoles / different ASIN numbers, you should get the credit for each one purchased.

More than one of the same item, nope, you only get one credit.[/QUOTE]

All right so that means I'll be okay if I buy a PS3 version and XBOX version? :)

[quote name='sasuke543']All right so that means I'll be okay if I buy a PS3 version and XBOX version? :)[/QUOTE]

He said should, and I say maybe. Not 100% sure

After expiration date? Most likely it'll be gone. A few credits from trade-ins and video games were working up to a month after the amazon stated expiration date last fall, but I wouldn't rely on that working.

Does anyone know who the carrier is for Amazons release date delivery? I hate crap I have to sign for as I work during the day and cant be home to sign for things or have them shipped to work. I know with the value shipping they'll just leave the packages for you with the rest of your mail.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Does anyone know who the carrier is for Amazons release date delivery? I hate crap I have to sign for as I work during the day and cant be home to sign for things or have them shipped to work. I know with the value shipping they'll just leave the packages for you with the rest of your mail.[/QUOTE]

I think I've seen it come a number of ways... (UPS being the most common) and I've never had to sign for it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I think I've seen it come a number of ways... (UPS being the most common) and I've never had to sign for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sometimes getting things shipped to you are more trouble then theyre worth, but Amazons been good to me unlike some other companies.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Thanks, sometimes getting things shipped to you are more trouble then theyre worth, but Amazons been good to me unlike some other companies.[/QUOTE]
Mine always come UPS and they haven't required signatures.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Does anyone know who the carrier is for Amazons release date delivery? I hate crap I have to sign for as I work during the day and cant be home to sign for things or have them shipped to work. I know with the value shipping they'll just leave the packages for you with the rest of your mail.[/QUOTE]

All mine have come UPS, and while they don't require signatures...they do, at least in my case, someone to be there to receive the package. If not, I get a delivery notice on my door.

[quote name='ZombieChicken']All mine have come UPS, and while they don't require signatures...they do, at least in my case, someone to be there to receive the package. If not, I get a delivery notice on my door.[/QUOTE]

Mine, they knock once, fire up the truck, and are pulling away before anyone is even at the door...

Then again, I cannot imagine anyone in the neighborhood taking anything off someone's door step...

[quote name='Hostile']What happens to video game credit that I used to pre-order something with but decide to cancel after it's expiration date?[/QUOTE]
I'm not 100% positive. If you call them to add the video game item that you really want to that same order, and then cancel the item in it that you don't want, perhaps the credit will stick.

[quote name='Hostile']What happens to video game credit that I used to pre-order something with but decide to cancel after it's expiration date?[/QUOTE]It disappears, never to return.

If you cancel the pre-order before the expiration of the credit, it's supposed to go back into your account. I've done that a couple of times and had it end up back in my account again when it was before the expiration date.

At least in my area all you need do is contact UPS or the driver and give them permission to leave a package at your door or porch (or where ever) to absolve them of liability. I had to do this with both UPS and FedEx - I had to sign a permission slip if I recall.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Does anyone know who the carrier is for Amazons release date delivery? I hate crap I have to sign for as I work during the day and cant be home to sign for things or have them shipped to work. I know with the value shipping they'll just leave the packages for you with the rest of your mail.[/QUOTE]I've seen them use three carriers for anything besides FSSS:

UPS
FedEx
OnTrac

OnTrac is only on the West Coast from what I've seen, and from where you appear to be connecting from, you shouldn't see them. Everything I've received from Amazon with a couple of random exceptions has been UPS for Release Date Delivery, with the occasional FedEx package.

I have everything shipped to work, so someone else handles signing for it. Normally, Amazon packages are left without the need for a signature, except for expensive or rare items, which they do need signatures for. I wouldn't expect them to need a signature for games.

Mine are shipped either UPS or FedEx and both just leave the items at my door and ring the doorbell once. They don't wait for me to answer they just set down package, ring bell, leave. I don't mind it because I or someone else is usually home during the delivery time (usually between 1 and 3PM).

Yeah low valued packages are driver releasable to non-commercial locations. So they don't need you to sign, and can leave packages anywhere at the receiving address. Most of the time, to save time, they are instructed to find a somewhat hidden location and give a "curtious knock/ring" before they take off.

>>Oh and yeah, only High valued items and Adult Only item (ammo for example) are mainly what need signatures when delivering to residences.

Commercial/businesses require signatures partly for legal reasons.

If I use gaming credit for a game that gives credit, will I get the credit for that second game (for example, if I use credit for Battlefield Bad Company 2, will I get the $20 credit that comes with it)?

I'm really on the fence on BFBC2, last one I played was Battlefield 2 on the PC and that was one of the best shooters around.

However, my laptop at school can't run this one so I'd have to get it for PS3. Just not sure if I want to play a game like that with a console controller =(

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']If I use gaming credit for a game that gives credit, will I get the credit for that second game (for example, if I use credit for Battlefield Bad Company 2, will I get the $20 credit that comes with it)?[/QUOTE]

yep, you can continue to use credit on games to get more credit forever. each credit is separate, and can be stacked if you have multiples.

Are these credits always only good for 30 days? I pre-ordered ME2 and received the $10 credit, but didn't realize (and I could not find anywhere where it says) the credit expires the end of February.

Thanks,
Endaar

That seem to be how they are now. You can use them on say a pre-order for a game that releases in 6 months, you just need to apply it to a order before the experation date. You can also cancel that order before the experation date and still get your credit back, but if you cancel after the exp. date then your SOL and lose that credit.

Hey I just wanted to tell everyone in case you didn't know. The release date delivery for Amazon is $5.98, I don't know if this is normal because the 1 and 2 day shipping are more expensive.

This makes the 20 dollar game credit even more worth it because I can get it on release now :)

^^
I hope this convinced you it was still worth it, unless you were just going to do free shipping :)

[quote name='Endaar']Are these credits always only good for 30 days? I pre-ordered ME2 and received the $10 credit, but didn't realize (and I could not find anywhere where it says) the credit expires the end of February.

Thanks,
Endaar[/QUOTE]

Not always, no. The credit I received for BioShock 2 expires on either April 30th or May 13th (got two different emails with contradictory info from Amazon). So it varies, I was annoyed to see the Mass Effect 2 credit is only good until Feb. 28th.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Do the credits work towards XBLA or PSN games that you can purchase off Amazon?[/QUOTE]

No I tried it late last year and it asked me for Credit Card info didnt even have the chance to add gaming credit :(

bread's done
Back