Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='helmet']I'm going to guess it will be available until tonight at 11:59:59 PM PST, since it explicitly states that it is a pre-order bonus.[/QUOTE]I've seen it carry over until the release day, with them yanking it sometime through the course of the day. Other times, they yank it at 11:59:59PM PST before release day.

Actually, they kept the bonus around for Dante's Inferno a week past release date.

[quote name='shrike4242']I've seen it carry over until the release day, with them yanking it sometime through the course of the day. Other times, they yank it at 11:59:59PM PST before release day.

Actually, they kept the bonus around for Dante's Inferno a week past release date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've actually had some luck on picking up a few last-minute just-released titles with the pre-order bonus reworded as a limited-time bonus.

But for such a good deal, at $20 credit, I wouldn't risk it carrying over to post-release.

This-post-needs-more-hyphenated-words.

Update: Ordered at 2:25 PM, shipped at 6:43 PM.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Shipped! Using that $20 credit on a FF13 pre-order. Great month to be a gamer![/QUOTE]

Me too!! And with the $100 Amazon gift card from cashing in some credit card points, I'll be getting both for free!

[quote name='e Skrilla']Ahhh! im going to miss out on the $20 credit! I dont get paid until 2morrow :(. Please let it last for 1 more day[/QUOTE]

Same here, I traded in some games to Amazon and it just so happens there 5 minutes away from their destination according to the tracking and using mapquest but given the time of night, they won't make it there until tomorrow which means I'm going to miss out on this deal as well :(

[quote name='helmet']I think I am.

Today I canceled my pre-order for Super Street Fighter IV (since I got more credit for my MW2 + SFIV trade in at Gamestop after NY tax at Amazon) which I already had $17 in credit from some promotion or another. I then applied the credit from my SSFIV pre-order to my Final Fantasy XIII pre-order using the previously mentioned process.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the $17 in credit was an Amazon gift card/credit balance you used rather than it having anything to do with the $10/20 promotional video game credit you get from pre-ordering certain games. I've tried in the past (and just did again) to find a way to apply those credits to existing pre-orders by switching payment options like you said but it is never an option. If it is just regular Amazon credit however, you can always do it.

The only way I know to get the promotional video game credit applied to an existing pre-order is to email a rep (or to cancel and reorder the item). Sometimes they shoot you down, sometimes they apply it manually.

I'm sure its been mentioned but where do you go to see the pre-order credit when your account gets credited it?

Anybody planning on selling the game and buying it used when the price drops, be warned that there is a free map pack code worth $15 inside. You will have to buy the map pack on PSN or Xbox live for $15 otherwise. I would take that out before selling it.

[quote name='mitnosi']I'm sure its been mentioned but where do you go to see the pre-order credit when your account gets credited it?[/QUOTE]

They will send you an e-mail once they've credited the amount to your account (usually 2 business days after the game is shipped). From there any time you choose a video game or accessory, it will automatically be shown and deducted from your next purchased item when you go to check out and finalize your order.

NOTE: You only get a few weeks to actually use the promotional credit, so make sure and pay attention to the date given in the e-mail. The video game or related item has to be purchased and shipped by that date in order to successfully benefit from the pre-order credit.

[quote name='mitnosi']I'm sure its been mentioned but where do you go to see the pre-order credit when your account gets credited it?[/QUOTE]

It will hit your account a couple days after your game ships.

[quote name='Hawkamania']They will send you an e-mail once they've credited the amount to your account (usually 2 business days after the game is shipped). From there any time you choose a video game or accessory, it will automatically be shown and deducted from your next purchased item when you go to check out and finalize your order.

NOTE: You only get a few weeks to actually use the promotional credit, so make sure and pay attention to the date given in the e-mail. The video game or related item has to be purchased and shipped by that date in order to successfully benefit from the pre-order credit.[/QUOTE]

actually you only have to place the order before the credit expires, it doesnt matter when it ships. for example i can decide to order halo: reach with the credit, even though it doesn't come out for 5-6 months, as long as i make the pre order before the expiration date. also it isn't always a few weeks, the last one was a month only, but the ones from the fall were usually 2-3 months.

AMAZON thanks for dropping the ball for a loyal customer!, I paid for release date delivery over a month ago, and of course I get a email this morning saying my shipment has been delayed and should get a delivery confirmation within the next few days, they haven't even shipped my copy yet....

Got my BC2 credit email this morning and it was only $10 as well. I did order when the credit was only $10 but I assumed I would get the $20 credit. Is it worth emailing CS?

[quote name='Xealot42']Got my BC2 credit email this morning and it was only $10 as well. I did order when the credit was only $10 but I assumed I would get the $20 credit. Is it worth emailing CS?[/QUOTE]

I'd say yes, I'm sure once they fix the mistake everyone with the pre-order will get theirs updated but they need to know about it being a mistake in the first place.

[quote name='Xealot42']Got my BC2 credit email this morning and it was only $10 as well. I did order when the credit was only $10 but I assumed I would get the $20 credit. Is it worth emailing CS?[/QUOTE]

I didn't order until it was at 20, so i don't think that's the problem.

[quote name='primalcarnage']I didn't order until it was at 20, so i don't think that's the problem.[/QUOTE]
Ah ok. I'll send them an email as well then.

[quote name='Xealot42']According to the emails my Bad Company 2 credit expires 4/30/2010 and my Supreme Commander 2 credit expires 5/31/2010.[/QUOTE]
How's SupCom2? I can't wait for the 360 demo this week.

[quote name='Lucian']How's SupCom2? I can't wait for the 360 demo this week.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the full game yet but I did play the demo on PC. It still feels like SupCom to me although they did simplify some of the mechanics. It seems like they wanted to shift the focus away from base building and economy management and more toward the action. Which is fine by me but I could see a lot of hardcore SupCom 1 vets not liking the move.

I just received an email back. Basically, if you didn't cancel and re-order when they changed it to $20 credit, you're screwed. That's fucked up.

[quote name='Xealot42']I can't speak for the full game yet but I did play the demo on PC. It still feels like SupCom to me although they did simplify some of the mechanics. It seems like they wanted to shift the focus away from base building and economy management and more toward the action. Which is fine by me but I could see a lot of hardcore SupCom 1 vets not liking the move.[/QUOTE]
Oh boy. I can hear the screaming about how it's been dumbed-down for 360 already...

[quote name='Doomtime']I just received an email back. Basically, if you didn't cancel and re-order when they changed it to $20 credit, you're screwed. That's fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Wow man, that is really screwed up. I wonder if you keep trying they will give you the extra 10?

[quote name='Doomtime']I just received an email back. Basically, if you didn't cancel and re-order when they changed it to $20 credit, you're screwed. That's fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't order until it was 20 dollars, that is messed up. I bet if you call and complain they'll give you another code for $10 since they are supposed to match any price after your order. Not sure if that applies to gift cards or not.

I'd try calling...That doesn't sound like typical Amazon CS. Of course, things can change...
The promo said it would be part of all existing preorders.
1-800-201-7575

I ordered it after the cutoff and only got $10 credit. I sent them an email about it, hopefully they're more helpful than they were to Doomtime :whistle2:/

Their CS, in my experience, is generally pretty clueless.

That is bullshit. This promo, like all of these credits Amazon offers, clearly said it would be extended to all existing pre-orders. I pre-ordered many games back in October before they had any promotional credit attached to them and have always received the credit. MW2 was initially a $10 credit which got switched to $20 and everyone was automatically upgraded.

Amazon is always my preferred retailer but they are really messing up with these video game credits lately.

[quote name='Moravagine']That is bullshit. This promo, like all of these credits Amazon offers, clearly said it would be extended to all existing pre-orders. I pre-ordered many games back in October before they had any promotional credit attached to them and have always received the credit. MW2 was initially a $10 credit which got switched to $20 and everyone was automatically upgraded.

Amazon is always my preferred retailer but they are really messing up with these video game credits lately.[/QUOTE]This is why I've been grabbing PDF printouts of the product page when they have a credit attached to a pre-order.

Their promotions department is small and only works M-F, 9A-5P, so they tend to get behind on this kind of issue.

I know if I get an email indicating that I'm only getting $10, I know I'll be calling them immediately. As shown a couple of posts above, it says that it'll be extended to all preorders, so it should work for any pre-order of the game.

I just got an email back stating they credited me the additional $10.

Keep at it Doom (and others), it sounds like they are fixing the issue now.

[quote name='horns456']Sorry, I didn't follow all the discussions.

Can someone correct me if I am mistaken, the credit comes via email...right?[/QUOTE]Yes, and it's notification that they've put the credit in your account. There's no code that they send with it.

[quote name='Moravagine']Amazon is always my preferred retailer but they are really messing up with these video game credits lately.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why they don't set up some kind of automatic system to handle this. Or maybe just train their CSRs a little more consistently so that you don't talk to two people in a row who have completely different understandings of Amazon's policies.

[quote name='Moravagine']That is bullshit. This promo, like all of these credits Amazon offers, clearly said it would be extended to all existing pre-orders. I pre-ordered many games back in October before they had any promotional credit attached to them and have always received the credit. MW2 was initially a $10 credit which got switched to $20 and everyone was automatically upgraded.

Amazon is always my preferred retailer but they are really messing up with these video game credits lately.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. There's no reason you shouldn't get the $20, but for them to make you fight for it really is stupid on their part. Way to piss off your customers Amazon

Still nothing in my email about the credit, I want to throw up a Final Fantasy XIII pre-order with that credit :p

[quote name='shrike4242']This is why I've been grabbing PDF printouts of the product page when they have a credit attached to a pre-order. .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always take a screen shot of the promotional credit offer for any game I have ordered. I was wondering if I was totally neurotic for doing so but apparently not. I can't see how they can refuse anyone the $20 credit if they have clear proof it said it would be extended to all orders.

The way they handle these credits is a pain. I wish they would just give regular credit or a gift card by an Amazon code instead.

no emails for me yet either, im thinking its delayed because they are fixing their internal issues. well, thats my hope at least!

bread's done
Back