Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to match Walmarts preorder $10 gift card on SPLINTER CELL as well. Anyone else pre-ordered SPLINTER CELL already and hoping for the gift card?

If they do, this would be sweet as they already have it down to $46 bucks in amazon (with coupon) and i used the $10 GC from buying God of War III so i will be getting it for $36 bucks.....

If they do match it, then i would use that for the pre-order of Mario galaxy 2.... and im going to use the Mario Galaxy $20 GC for the Halo Reach and the $20 GC for Halo reach would go to whatever other game i would like for Christmas..

ITS NEVER ENDING SALES!!!!!!

The need to match the Blur $10 gift card at Walmart. Otherwise I'll still have to order from Walmart as I would like to use the $20 gift card from SMG2 on Blur, and then get another $10 to spend on something else. In fact I may still order from walmart since I can do that whereas on Amazon I can't as they are both releasing at nearly the same time, and amazon's GC's don't come right away. I.e. I'd pay full price for both, and then later receive $30 in gift cards - I can't apply the $20 GC on Blur. Hmm.

That Halo: Reach credit is great. Although I don't think Reach even has a release date yet. I wonder what kind of Limited Edition they're going to have.

[quote name='multicoloredyoshi']yes for the $20 credit on Super Mario Galaxy! Probably will use towards Other M[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. :)

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
Other retailers are offering pre-order incentives for Super Mario Galaxy 2. I have already pre-ordered it from GameStop but I did not see any incentive to keep my pre-order with you but rather cancel it and purchase it from another retailer. Is GameStop planning on enticing its customers to stay with them? I have seen previous releases from Gamestop that contained exclusive content but that seems to have stopped. Thank you.

Mario Galaxy 2 - $20 E-Gift Card
http://linksynergy.walmart.com/fs-b...o+galaxy+2%26Find.x=22%26Find.y=8%26Find=Find

Response Message Follows: ------------------------

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
We appreciate your time. We are not currently offering any incentives on Super Mario Galaxy 2. Since this has 2 more months prior to it being released we cannot say that there will be offer however at this time we do not have any information on this.
Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you, thank you for your time.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

Oh well.

You thought GameStop would do something? There is NEVER any exclusive pre-order content with Nintendo first party titles. Even SWAG isn't as common as it once was. So there's no reason to expect GameStop, or any place, will have anything. Just cancel your order (if they refuse to give you your $5 deposit, raise hell over it. I've always gotten mine back).

I preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 months ago, back when either there was no credit, or it would have been $10, not $20.

Will I for sure get the $20 credit automatically, or should I cancel and reorder?

One thing to be careful of is your promo credit expires and the item you use the promo credit with must ship before the expiration.

So if you want to use Just Cause promo it expires May 31st, so Halo Reach won't be valid even though they accept the promo in your order.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 months ago, back when either there was no credit, or it would have been $10, not $20.

Will I for sure get the $20 credit automatically, or should I cancel and reorder?[/QUOTE]

You'll get the credit yes. If you dont get it by the time you're supposed to, you just email CS and let them know you haven't gotten it and they'll give it to you.

[quote name='oscargrouch']One thing to be careful of is your promo credit expires and the item you use the promo credit with must ship before the expiration.

So if you want to use Just Cause promo it expires May 31st, so Halo Reach won't be valid even though they accept the promo in your order.[/QUOTE]

?????

Someone tell me this guy is wrong. It's never worked like that before. I can pre order Final Fantasy 28 and still get the credit as long as I pre order the game before the credit expires. The release date of the game doesn't matter.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I can pre order Final Fantasy 28 and still get the credit as long as I pre order the game before the credit expires. The release date of the game doesn't matter.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure this is correct.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I preordered Super Mario Galaxy 2 months ago, back when either there was no credit, or it would have been $10, not $20.

Will I for sure get the $20 credit automatically, or should I cancel and reorder?[/QUOTE]
You will get the credit automatically. In the promotion box it says "Promotion valid on all existing orders". I emailed them the other day about Halo Reach (which I had preordered before the promotion started) and they said I was ok.

hmmm dont have a wii anymore but this will probably be the cheapest mario galaxy will EVER be in its lifetime, until maybe 2 generations later. gotta preorder this once.

Here is the text from the email Amazon sent me for my Just Cause 2 promo credit.

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Just Cause 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $15 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 05/31/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotion code must be used by May 31, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Here is the text from the email Amazon sent me for my Just Cause 2 promo credit.

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Just Cause 2 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $15 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 05/31/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotion code must be used by May 31, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.[/QUOTE]

it just means you have to make an order before that date, doesn't matter when the game actually comes out. i've done this with pretty much every game i've bought from amazon with a video game credit offer on it (used it to pre order a game that comes out after it expires) and never had a problem. the only thing is, if you use it to preorder a game, and then cancel that preorder after the coupon has expired, you won't get it back.

Peace Walker is $40? :shock:

Man I've been out of handheld gaming for too long. Is that a normal price for PSP/DS games nowadays?

[quote name='Jhriad']Peace Walker is $40? :shock:

Man I've been out of handheld gaming for too long. Is that a normal price for PSP/DS games nowadays?[/QUOTE]

Ds games are $30-35 but psp games require much bigger budgets on par with ps2 development so they have to be $40.

[quote name='tominater12']Ds games are $30-35 but psp games require much bigger budgets on par with ps2 development so they have to be $40.[/QUOTE]

Most PSP games are not $40. The A list first party titles sometimes release at this price point, but many PSP games are released at $30 and $20.

I emailed Amazon asking this, but it's been a few hours and I'm wondering if anyone here may know the answer to this...

Yesterday I used my $10 from God of War III to pre-order Halo Reach. If I were to cancel that pre-order today, would I lose that credit?

Ideally, I want to cancel that, put the $10 toward Galaxy, then use Galaxy's $20 to pre-order Reach in May.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I emailed Amazon asking this, but it's been a few hours and I'm wondering if anyone here may know the answer to this...

Yesterday I used my $10 from God of War III to pre-order Halo Reach. If I were to cancel that pre-order today, would I lose that credit?

Ideally, I want to cancel that, put the $10 toward Galaxy, then use Galaxy's $20 to pre-order Reach in May.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking if it's old it may just expire and you won't get it back.

Amazon should give you a definate answer.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I emailed Amazon asking this, but it's been a few hours and I'm wondering if anyone here may know the answer to this...

Ideally, I want to cancel that, put the $10 toward Galaxy, then use Galaxy's $20 to pre-order Reach in May.[/QUOTE]

If it was your $10 credit from GOW 3, it is not expired. So you can go ahead and cancel the order you used it on (Halo Reach) and it will instantly go back to your account so you can use it on Mario Galaxy 2 instead.

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']Did anyone get a confirmation of the promo for Reach?[/QUOTE]

They don't send out confirmations typically for these. Only if it's a big mass mailing to everyone who has ordered it or after the game has come out when they're sending you the notice that the promo is on your account.

I didn't even realize that Just Cause 2 had a gaming credit. Used my Battlefield 2 credit, and got $15 of it right back. Amazon makes my pants not fit.

Wow great deals on Galaxy, and Reach! Went ahead preordered both along with Peacewalker. May cancel the peacewalker preorder if I decide to pick up a MGS PSP.

Cool that there's a special edition PSP for Metal Gear! I kind of like the color. Oh well, I really like my white Assassin's Creed one.

The Peace Walker demo seemed pretty good. I HATED Portable Ops (and 3), so I was iffy, but...the demo seemed a lot different/better than those two, so I'll probably get it, but probably with Gamestop credit.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If it was your $10 credit from GOW 3, it is not expired. So you can go ahead and cancel the order you used it on (Halo Reach) and it will instantly go back to your account so you can use it on Mario Galaxy 2 instead.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to follow up on this with my response from Amazon, and they said that I would indeed lose the $10 credit if I canceled before the expiration date. One response I got likened promotional credit to a coupon, where if I returned something to the store I would just get the amount I paid back. I actually did find a help page that explained returning / refunding promotional credit.

However, because Amazon is a complete badass (are complete badasses?), they have added $10 to my account. Time to order me some Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $39.99.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

[quote name='bigredvan14']Just wanted to follow up on this with my response from Amazon, and they said that I would indeed lose the $10 credit if I canceled before the expiration date. One response I got likened promotional credit to a coupon, where if I returned something to the store I would just get the amount I paid back. I actually did find a help page that explained returning / refunding promotional credit.

However, because Amazon is a complete badass (are complete badasses?), they have added $10 to my account. Time to order me some Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $39.99.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

this is actually a mistake on that representatives part, you would be able to keep it if you canceled. but amazon reps love to throw money at problems so everyone wins ;)

[quote name='y2jasper']this is actually a mistake on that representatives part, you would be able to keep it if you canceled. but amazon reps love to throw money at problems so everyone wins ;)[/QUOTE]

I had 2 or 3 reps tell me today that I would lose the credit. Are you 100% sure that I won't lose it? I'd rather cancel Reach, get the $10 back, use the $10 on Galaxy, then use Galaxy's $20 on Reach, just to keep everything in order. I'm just dumb and jumped on Reach as soon as they had the $20 offer, even though I knew Galaxy would eventually happen. Should have just waited that whole day. But hey... made $10 on it :)

Perhaps that's either a brand new policy or none of them understood that this is all dealing with pre-orders?

[quote name='y2jasper']this is actually a mistake on that representatives part, you would be able to keep it if you canceled. but amazon reps love to throw money at problems so everyone wins ;)[/QUOTE]

Correct. I'm wondering if the amazon csr thought you meant to cancel the game that gave you the credit. Return it or something, not sure what they were thinking. I've canceled and re-ordered using promotional credit, coupon codes and giftcards constantly. As long as it hadn't expired, I've never run into a problem.

Okay cool, thanks Vortextk. Not that I didn't believe y2jasper, but a second opinion always makes me feel better.

EDIT: Yup, just canceled Reach, and pre-ordered Galaxy for $29.99. Thanks guys!

Here are a few games that would be nice to have a gaming credit deal...

NCAA Football 2011
Metroid Other M
Valkria Chronicles 2
Fallout New Vegas
Zelda Wii

Hey, a man can dream.

[quote name='bojay1997']Most PSP games are not $40. The A list first party titles sometimes release at this price point, but many PSP games are released at $30 and $20.[/QUOTE]

There are more PSP games that released with a $40 price point than

i'm trying to follow this amazon promotional code crap, halo reach has a $20 off your next video game purchase. that parts solid. then the code is auto added to your account 2 days after the item ships.

what i'm not following is, lets say you order reach again to get the 20 bucks off, then return your original copy. does amazon then remove the 20 from the second order or charge you the full price once the other item is received by them?

I'm interested in preordering Halo Reach to get the $20 credit, but when will it be available to use? I'm interested in using it as a credit on the B2G1 Platinum Hits they have going on if possible.

[quote name='emozolik']I'm interested in preordering Halo Reach to get the $20 credit, but when will it be available to use? I'm interested in using it as a credit on the B2G1 Platinum Hits they have going on if possible.[/QUOTE]

You won't get the credit until whenever the game ships in the Fall

not a big deal... so when do they charge my card then? right away or upon release date? if its release date, ill do the B2G1 deal anyway :D

bread's done
Back