Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Any chance of Red Dead Redemption gift card going to $20?[/QUOTE]

Looks fantastic and it is rockstar, but the name doesn't sell itself like mario or halo. Probably not but we might get lucky, there have been other games to get big credits.

[quote name='Strifekw']This may be a dumb question, but does you video game credit expire?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Check the promotional email that Amazon sent you for the expiration date.

We should probably make a faq for Amazon promotional credits and add it to the op for questions like this and cancelling orders with promotional credits, preordering games that come out after promotional credit expiration dates, etc...

Quick question: Does Amazon charge you for a pre-ordered item if used with a combined order?

Thinking of getting Deadly Premonition for $15, and adding Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the free super saver shipping.

[quote name='NiteWalker']They only charge for what ships.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. But I won't have to wait for Mario to be released in order to receive Deadly Premonition, right?

Right. They'll ship whatever is in stock as quick as their shipping dept can get to it. Sometimes it takes a few days but most of the time they ship very fast.

was about to put a order for super mario galaxy but with left 4 dead 2 trade in going down from $24 to $19 in like 10 minutes lol
having second thoughts
but gonna go for that $20 credit deal in the end :D

Haha and I just canceled my SSFIV pre-order yesterday or the day before because of the lack of the $10 credit that WM added (not to mention having a ton of games right now to play) but time to pre-order again. The $10 promotional credits stack right? I'll use the one from this and a previous one on RDR.

Ive never pre ordered on Amazon (because of the 10$ video game credit thing, it got me thinking) before so i got a question, IF i pre-order SSFIV, will i be able to receive the 10$ Video Game Credit right away? Because i really want to use that 10$ credit torwards BFBC2 while its still on Sale for $49.99 so i can actually get BFBC2 for $39.99 right now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

[quote name='just4socom']Ive never pre ordered on Amazon (because of the 10$ video game credit thing, it got me thinking) before so i got a question, IF i pre-order SSFIV, will i be able to receive the 10$ Video Game Credit right away? Because i really want to use that 10$ credit torwards BFBC2 while its still on Sale for $49.99 so i can actually get BFBC2 for $39.99 right now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you receive the credit after the game ships so you won't get it until a couple days after you recieve SSFIV

I preordered SSF4 while I had a free Amazon Prime trial so I got free 2 day shipping. The trial has since expired.

The fine print on Amazon says "Release-Date Delivery is free for Amazon Prime members."

I was wondering if I can switch it to release date shipping for free or will the system recognize that I no longer have Prime and charge me for release date shipping?

[quote name='Vortextk']Doesn't mean streetfighter V won't come out :D[/QUOTE]

Is that a bad thing? :cool: Each iteration plays completely different.

I don't buy a lot of games at launch, but there's not a chance in hell SSFIV will go below $20 for a long while. While I am paying full price, I'm saving 1/4 of that off my next order ($10 credit), and I'm getting something else for free that will likely end up being priced at another 1/4 of the retail price (the bonus costume pack, which will likely be $10).

Again, I have a strong feeling that this is the best deal you'll be able to find for SSFIV until a LONG time after its release.

Same here. I noticed last week it was free 2 day delivery. Now it's free release day. Had to jump on that.:D

Also anyone know if I preorder a game while I have a free trial of amazon prime will I still get free shipping when the game releases, even though my prime membership will be over?

Anyone know is SSFIV for 360 will go down to $36.99? I don't want to pre-order it and have it not go down. The PS3 is cheaper which is bullsh!t.

[quote name='darkjedi187']Same here. I noticed last week it was free 2 day delivery. Now it's free release day. Had to jump on that.:D

Also anyone know if I preorder a game while I have a free trial of amazon prime will I still get free shipping when the game releases, even though my prime membership will be over?[/QUOTE]
Yes, the free release date shipping stays (personal exp.). I've heard you lose it if you have to change payment methods, though.

Funny thing is I preordered Madden during my prime trial with free 2-day shipping and they still upgraded me to release date delivery even though my prime trial is expired. Sweet!

Yeah I just got an email for Monster Hunter 3 also. The game doesn't even come out til next week and my order isn't even being ready to be shipped yet. It appears I could cancel and get to keep the $10 for free. I was thinking of canceling anyway cause I'm not sure if I want to pay full price for the game, but now I kind of feel bad doing so.

[quote name='spree4567']Yeah I just got an email for Monster Hunter 3 also. The game doesn't even come out til next week and my order isn't even being ready to be shipped yet. It appears I could cancel and get to keep the $10 for free. I was thinking of canceling anyway cause I'm not sure if I want to pay full price for the game, but now I kind of feel bad doing so.[/QUOTE]

Same... Plus the demo has kinda unsold me :/

[quote name='gkrykewy']Same... Plus the demo has kinda unsold me :/[/QUOTE]
Really? I was actually thinking of getting a Wii mostly for that game. Damn. Anways, this thread is my new home, just got Prime so now my life is sold to me via amazon.

Amazon
Red Dead Redemption - 56.99 (10 dollar credit)
Halo Reach - 59.99 (20 dollar credit)
= $116.98

Gamestop
Red Dead Redemption - 59.99
Halo Reach - 59.99
= $89.98 after coupon (25% off)

Am I really going to have to give my money to Gamestop?

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Amazon
Red Dead Redemption - 56.99 (10 dollar credit)
Halo Reach - 59.99 (20 dollar credit)
= $116.98

Gamestop
Red Dead Redemption - 59.99
Halo Reach - 59.99
= $89.98 after coupon (25% off)

Am I really going to have to give my money to Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

if it is the better deal for you i guess so. although if you shop with amazon a lot, the $30 credit is same as money so its a bit cheaper. and gamestop.com charges tax, amazon doesn't in most places. and plus with amazon prime (or the trial) you get free release date delivery.

so depends on your situation.

Argh couldn't help myself and preordered Singularity today. Amazon is fantastic. To date, I purchased Just Cause 2, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Halo: Reach, and Red Dead Redemption. Might have to reorder Singularity to roll over the ten dollar credits from RRD and MGS: PW.

I hate gamestop and there stupid tax. I preordered Mario Galaxy 2, red dead, and super street fighter 4 at amazon. Might get Peace Walker with all that credit or something like the new Castlevania on ps3 or the last guardian.

Can you use an Amazon game credit towards a game you've already pre-ordered? My issue is that I pre-ordered SSFIV to get the $10 game credit, and as soon as I got that I was going to use it to reserve Red Dead Redemption and get $10 gift card for that reservation, but the RDR deal ends on 4/26/10 and SSFIV doesn't come out till 4/27/10. So, can I pre-order RDR now, then when I get the game credit switch that payment method?

If I pre-order Alan Wake and want to use the $10 credit toward Halo: Reach (which I've already preordered)... do I need to do any special, or will Amazon automatically use the $10 credit (assuming I haven't spent it before that point :D)?

[quote name='TitaniuIVI']Can you use an Amazon game credit towards a game you've already pre-ordered? My issue is that I pre-ordered SSFIV to get the $10 game credit, and as soon as I got that I was going to use it to reserve Red Dead Redemption and get $10 gift card for that reservation, but the RDR deal ends on 4/26/10 and SSFIV doesn't come out till 4/27/10. So, can I pre-order RDR now, then when I get the game credit switch that payment method?[/QUOTE]If you have the credit on your account, you might be able to have Amazon shift the credit to your existing pre-order, though it's very hit or miss. It's much easier to use the credit on your account when placing a new order than try to move the credit to an existing order.

You won't get the credit for multiple days after SSFIV ships, so it won't be in your possession until after the RDR deal ends.

[quote name='emozolik']If I pre-order Alan Wake and want to use the $10 credit toward Halo: Reach (which I've already preordered)... do I need to do any special, or will Amazon automatically use the $10 credit (assuming I haven't spent it before that point :D)?[/QUOTE]See the above. It's a bit of an issue to try and have Amazon move credit on your account to an existing pre-order or order. If you can cancel the pre-order on Halo: Reach and then remake it with a new order, the $10 credit from Alan Wake will go into the new pre-order.

hearing people who pre-ordered a while ago monster hunter and got the credit yesterday, but did anyone just recently pre-order monster hunter tri like right now and get credit right away?

the reason i'm asking is because super mario galaxy 2 just popped into my gold box (2nd time in the last month or so) and i'm not missing out on it again. it would be nice if i can get the $10 credit from monster hunter and apply to smg2, but if not, i think i'll pre-order it today anyways.

i should just try, since they don't charge you until it ships anyways.

[quote name='TitaniuIVI']Can you use an Amazon game credit towards a game you've already pre-ordered? My issue is that I pre-ordered SSFIV to get the $10 game credit, and as soon as I got that I was going to use it to reserve Red Dead Redemption and get $10 gift card for that reservation, but the RDR deal ends on 4/26/10 and SSFIV doesn't come out till 4/27/10. So, can I pre-order RDR now, then when I get the game credit switch that payment method?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing it may not end on 4/26/10 anyway. The original release date for RDR was 4/27/10 so that's why it shows it ending at that time. Since the new release date is 5/18 I expect the credit will still be available through 5/17. Not that they really need the credit offer to sell a game like that though so who knows they could end it early.

Mmmm, think I'm getting Nier. It looks dark and twisted much like their Drakengard 2. Now I have to deal with the problem of getting the credit afterwards because it never seems to work on games I get added to my orders.

I don't see it on the first post so, Trauma Team for wii, may 18th release, has a $10 credit with it:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1260756602&pf_rd_i=468642

Pretty sweet considering the game is only 40 bucks. The first was pretty fun though I never played the second. Not sure why this is only 40, if it's supposed to be a budget title or something.

is it worth buying Super Street Fighter 4 even though I've never played a SF game before? And will the MP be awesome and keep me busied for dozens of hours?

[quote name='scarhawk']is it worth buying Super Street Fighter 4 even though I've never played a SF game before? And will the MP be awesome and keep me busied for dozens of hours?[/QUOTE]
Depends how much you like fighting games. Personally I'm waiting for the release of SF Alpha 3 on psn (the ps1 game... that's my favorite SF game, and it will probably cost $6). It's not worth it to me to spend $40 for SSF 4 (or $30 including the $10 vg credit) cause I don't play fighting games for long periods of time.

[quote name='scarhawk']is it worth buying Super Street Fighter 4 even though I've never played a SF game before? And will the MP be awesome and keep me busied for dozens of hours?[/QUOTE]

im not that big of a fighting game fan (i did grow up playing some sf2 though) and i put about 150 hours into sf4 no problem.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']im not that big of a fighting game fan (i did grow up playing some sf2 though) and i put about 150 hours into sf4 no problem.[/QUOTE]Hmmm. So what do you think?

[quote name='scarhawk']Hmmm. So what do you think?[/QUOTE]

like lilman said, it depends on how much you like fighting games.

if you have friends that you play with locally or you usually play online, then you'll probably put a good amount of time into the game.

bread's done
Back