Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received the $10 credit for Monster Hunter Tri yet? Mine still hasn't shown up. Thought it was supposed to be delivered 2 days after shipping.

[quote name='POMusashi']Has anyone received the $10 credit for Monster Hunter Tri yet? Mine still hasn't shown up. Thought it was supposed to be delivered 2 days after shipping.[/QUOTE]

I got mine last week before the game even shipped. Seems like I read that others got it then too.

[quote name='POMusashi']Has anyone received the $10 credit for Monster Hunter Tri yet? Mine still hasn't shown up. Thought it was supposed to be delivered 2 days after shipping.[/QUOTE]

got mine a week before it shipped. i'd give it another day or two before emailing them about it.

[quote name='scarhawk']Nier should be added to the list. Looks like a pretty decent RPG coming out by Square Enix.[/QUOTE]

Published by square, made by cavia, who also did Drakengard 1/2. Game is an action rpg, two reviews that I've read already. Ign AU 7.3 and 6 on eurogamer. Looks like I'll enjoy it, the twisted ass story in drakengard 2(did not play the first) is enough to get me buying this game, but the gameplay and graphics seem to be much like those two releases as well, straddling average or pretty good. Great comments about the soundtrack though.

And uh, it's in the op.

Cancelled my Mario Galaxy 2 pre-order. Ordered PS3 SSFIV with $10 credit and costume code. Will use that credit towards Mario Galaxy 2 pre-order, hopefully from my Quick Picks.

Yes, I pre-ordered a shit load of games just before my prime expired for that reason. And skate 3 automaticly upgraded to RDD for me also(after expired prime)

Looks like amazon just tweeted that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 will have $20 gaming credt tomorrow. They also linked to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, not sure exactly why.

[quote name='yotis']since they r calling it "gaming credit" instead of a gift card is the credit only good for video games?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The only one that should be available for any Amazon purchase is Red Dead Redemption. All the rest are "gaming credits".

[quote name='Vortextk']Published by square, made by cavia, who also did Drakengard 1/2. Game is an action rpg, two reviews that I've read already. Ign AU 7.3 and 6 on eurogamer. Looks like I'll enjoy it, the twisted ass story in drakengard 2(did not play the first) is enough to get me buying this game, but the gameplay and graphics seem to be much like those two releases as well, straddling average or pretty good. Great comments about the soundtrack though.

And uh, it's in the op.[/QUOTE]

Cavia is a huge hit and miss group. They also did Bullet Witch and Beat Down.

Got in on the action with Red Dead Redemption, Crackdown 2, and Halo: Reach. Halo: Reach is really an awesome value considering it comes with 20$ gaming credit.

I just received my street fighter credit. How do I apply it to a game I already have preordered? My prime ran out last week.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Cavia is a huge hit and miss group. They also did Bullet Witch and Beat Down.[/QUOTE]

Again, it's turning out to be cool in some ways but pretty average in others. Couple reviews and plenty of opinions out there now. Leaked early on 360 and released earlier outside the US. Even enjoying drakengard 2 as much as I did, I'd say they're more miss than hit. Kind of an acquired taste that you might enjoy what they bring to the table but it's pretty undeniable that the games are not AAA.

[quote name='lstanley']I just received my street fighter credit. How do I apply it to a game I already have preordered? My prime ran out last week.[/QUOTE]You'd have to email Amazon customer service to have them apply it to your account, and it's an issue to have that done. It's usually easier to make a new order and have the credit auto-apply in the order process, though if your Prime has expired, that might be an issue.

Email them and see if they can apply the credit to your existing order. Some CAGs have success with it, while most don't.

I thought since they were different items with different ASIN's you'd get two, but am unfamiliar with it myself. The only thing I know for positive is more than 1 order for the same game same console wouldn't net you more credits.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']And before anyone asks the credit expires on the August 1st. :)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that's a trend. The 1 month expiration's have been annoying. My next credit is from nier this week and then nothing until RDR since I'm getting the LE of Alan Wake.

And, fyi, record of agarest war just shipped and nier is shipping soon. Both with 2day prime since I can't get release day shipping on my large order. I was expecting for possibly both of them to get delayed like yakuza/white knight chronicles. Those two titles didn't arrive at stores until release or something, so each came a day or two late.

[quote name='thaima1shu']I ordered both the PS3 and 360 versions of SSFIV. Am I only going to get a credit for one of them? I only got one email. Bah.[/QUOTE]

yea you only get one. Sucks I know.

anyone not receive their ssf4 credit? i think i've noticed a trend- every time i have customer service add a game to an existing order, i don't automatically get the credit for it.

[quote name='y2jasper']anyone not receive their ssf4 credit? i think i've noticed a trend- every time i have customer service add a game to an existing order, i don't automatically get the credit for it.[/QUOTE]

Quite. I expect to e-mail them later this week for nier.

[quote name='y2jasper']anyone not receive their ssf4 credit? i think i've noticed a trend- every time i have customer service add a game to an existing order, i don't automatically get the credit for it.[/QUOTE]
The consolation is that when you complain about it, they usually just apply the credit manually which is not limited to games only and doesn't expire for a long, long time.

actually to update everyone, i emailed them regarding not receiving the credit yet (and mentioned that others had already received it). the rep emailed back saying that the credit had already been applied to my account, i went and checked and it was true. although it also worked on items that weren't video games so i think the rep might have manually added it.

anyway so just check your cart to see if it's there if you didn't receive an email yet.

[quote name='y2jasper']actually to update everyone, i emailed them regarding not receiving the credit yet (and mentioned that others had already received it). the rep emailed back saying that the credit had already been applied to my account, i went and checked and it was true. although it also worked on items that weren't video games so i think the rep might have manually added it.

anyway so just check your cart to see if it's there if you didn't receive an email yet.[/QUOTE]

Interesting! I wonder if they fixed it manually before you contacted them. FFXIII I remember took longer than usual and a few others recently have had a few problems before everyone got their credits. Maybe they're going back and fixing any errors after doing whatever initial automatic process they use? Would be cool.

[quote name='y2jasper']actually to update everyone, i emailed them regarding not receiving the credit yet (and mentioned that others had already received it). the rep emailed back saying that the credit had already been applied to my account, i went and checked and it was true. although it also worked on items that weren't video games so i think the rep might have manually added it.

anyway so just check your cart to see if it's there if you didn't receive an email yet.[/QUOTE]If they add it manually to your account, it works on any item purchase at Amazon. If it's the auto-added one, then it's restricted to game items only.

Pre-Ordered Mario Galaxy 2, for $29.99 after video game credit I couldn't pass it up. Haven't beat the 1st one yet but $30 is the cheapest it will be in a long time.

I'm a noob at Amazon. Just pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption. How do I use the supposed $10 gaming credit? I don't see it anywhere in the e-mail.

[quote name='MadLaughter']I'm a noob at Amazon. Just pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption. How do I use the supposed $10 gaming credit? I don't see it anywhere in the e-mail.[/QUOTE]

you don't receive the credit until the game ships out.

Madden 11 has a $20 game card with it.

Get a $20 Video Games Credit
Pre-order Madden NFL 11, for Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360, and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Here

I'm terrible. I saw the new thread title with Tiger Woods, and momentarily thought the game was selling new for $10, and I still thought "hmm, maybe if it drops a bit", until I realized they're selling it (and Skate!) for $60. Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, Darksiders, and Final Fantasy 13 say "no" LOL

[quote name='Vortextk']Hopefully that's a trend. The 1 month expiration's have been annoying. My next credit is from nier this week and then nothing until RDR since I'm getting the LE of Alan Wake.[/quote]

Same here... Minus Neir. I just haven't been impressed with it as it seems like your companion stands around looking pretty far more than she does anything useful. So I'll wait for reviews and more than likely a price drop or two.

As for Alan Wake I'm quite tempted to swap to a normal version (in an effort to get the credit) but I do really like the look of that LE...

My SSFIV shipped today at 2:11 CST.

Red Dead Redemption $10 credit has been removed!!

No reference to it on the Amazon site. I hope its a glitch in their system. But I checked it out a couple different times.

Otherwise any way to challenge this since they offered this then took it away for people who already had existing pre-orders?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']The reviews won't be great I can already tell you that.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've already figured that out... ;) No reviews before release means they don't trust their own work and since I haven't any reviews so far and it releases tomorrow/today... So yeah.

But that said I don't place a whole lot of faith in reviews as I've played too many games that where great that got horrible reviews (like Too Human) and too many games that sucked that got great reviews...

Granted, I look at them as a whole as its a good way to see if you're missing out on something... (I also like to see what users score a game at versus the professional.)

[quote name='toastmasta']Red Dead Redemption $10 credit has been removed!!

No reference to it on the Amazon site. I hope its a glitch in their system. But I checked it out a couple different times.

Otherwise any way to challenge this since they offered this then took it awhile for people who already had existing pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

It stated on the product page that you must pre-order before April 26 to qualify for the bonus. The promotion didn't disappear, it just ended.

[quote name='dino88']It stated on the product page that you must pre-order before April 26 to qualify for the bonus. The promotion didn't disappear, it just ended.[/QUOTE]
I think it will be back up in a day or two... April 26-27 was one of the original release dates, right?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I think it will be back up in a day or two... April 26-27 was one of the original release dates, right?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I thought it was strange that it ended so early before release, so that does make sense.

bread's done
Back