Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone receives their Red Dead Redemption $20 GC back from Amazon yet? Mine was shipped in the 18th, but I still have not receive the GC from Amazon =(

[quote name='shrike4242']I've had them do it for orders in the past, though only in the following situation:

* The order was placed before the item is released, so it falls into the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.
* The item hasn't shipped out yet for one reason or another, or may be in the shipping process and just not shipped out. Either way, I don't have the item in my possession.
* The item's price has dropped from the time of the order and before it's been shipped out or has entered the shipping process.

Every time they've done it for me, they claimed they didn't have a post-order price guarantee, though they've done it as a "one-time exception". Having the order as a pre-order helps immensely in these situations.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I just got Amazon's response and the "one-time exception" of matching the lowered price while also confirming the promo credit. Wish they'd get around to actually shipping my order though!

[quote name='mgsvr']Has anyone receives their Red Dead Redemption $20 GC back from Amazon yet? Mine was shipped in the 18th, but I still have not receive the GC from Amazon =([/QUOTE]

be patient, I'm sure if someone got their GC, they would post here saying they did. As of right now, I don't think people got their GC yet. I sure haven't either.

I preordered RDR for the $20 credit like everyone else, and like everyone else, haven't even gotten an email about it, though the game has already arrived.

I did get an email, however, with $5 of MP3 credit.

What I wanna know is that $5 in MP3 credit supposed to be a replacement for the $20 credit? Like, did they switch the deal at the last second on me? Or did anyone else get the $5 in mp3 credit too?

[quote name='TheInfiniteAmmo']I preordered RDR for the $20 credit like everyone else, and like everyone else, haven't even gotten an email about it, though the game has already arrived.

I did get an email, however, with $5 of MP3 credit.

What I wanna know is that $5 in MP3 credit supposed to be a replacement for the $20 credit? Like, did they switch the deal at the last second on me? Or did anyone else get the $5 in mp3 credit too?[/QUOTE]
Seems like something new they are doing, adding $5 dollar mp3 credit in purchases, it did not replace your $20 dollar gift card.

Really, need, to read, the last, like, 10, pages, of this thread. Yes the $5 mp3 credit is pretty standard for everyone. At times they offer this mp3 credit which is usually a 1 serve offering. Meaning, you will not get it from multiple games even if they all advertise it, one per customer period, unlike the regular game credits. As everyone is still talking about, we're waiting for the actual video game credit. Of course they weren't taken down or a switcharoo at the last moment.

If you pre-ordered the game you get it or you will have good cause to e-mail them and complain in which case I can almost guarantee you would then get your credit. As said multiple times on every page since this discussion started, they stated 10 days and mostly everyone who is e-mailing them is getting the same response, wait. If amazon is saying they will do it before 10 days is up, there is really nothing you can do until you've gotten your credit or the 10 days have already passed.

Man, was really hoping I'd get the Amazon credit before SMG2 ships so I can add it.

BTW, did anybody get a Golden Gun code in their RDR game AND an Email with a different code for the Golden Guns from Amazon?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Man, was really hoping I'd get the Amazon credit before SMG2 ships so I can add it.

BTW, did anybody get a Golden Gun code in their RDR game AND an Email with a different code for the Golden Guns from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I got both, but in my email it says "test code" where the code should be :hot:

I emailed Amazon about a $10 price adjustment on RDR since it's now selling for $49.99. Just got a canned response; no price adjustment.

[quote name='brandonandtiff']I got both, but in my email it says "test code" where the code should be :hot:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Email Amazon about it. I asked about the "test code" and why I didn't get a 16-digit code. They responded by sending me a 16-digit code.

[quote name='kidincredible']I want to say that I saw somewhere that they would only apply one $10 credit PER TRANSACTION. This might explain why some people only get one credit but others are able to get credit on top of credit (over multiple orders).

Pasted from amazon:
'Order a qualifying game from Amazon.com and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Orders with multiple qualifying items will only receive one promotional code.'[/QUOTE]

Wow that is pretty shady of Amazon to do this. So basically if you ordered one game at a time you will receive credit for each but order it all at once you get screwed. Thanks Amazon. Thanks.

I just wish id get the 20 gift/video game credit so I could apply it to ufc or blur. I have a feeling ill probably pick up ufc and blur normally and use the rdr/ufc/blur credit towards mod nation racer for practically nothing.

[quote name='Peanut932']I emailed Amazon about a $10 price adjustment on RDR since it's now selling for $49.99. Just got a canned response; no price adjustment.
[/QUOTE]

This would be nice. I haven't even received the game yet. It was shipped free. I really hate how prices go down even lower and the game hasn't even been out a week.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Man, was really hoping I'd get the Amazon credit before SMG2 ships so I can add it.

BTW, did anybody get a Golden Gun code in their RDR game AND an Email with a different code for the Golden Guns from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yes - I just forwarded the email code to a friend of mine who bought the game from GS.

I haven't received my RDR credit either, but then again, I haven't received my copy of the game, so I'm not complaining.

I also just ordered Mafia II and Halo Reach together and in the check out screen it showed that I would be receiving both credits. So if you're worried about whether or not ordering group items is going to affect the credit you get, just look for what promotions are getting applied in that screen.

Does anyone know if the Red Dead Redemption golden gun codes work on both the 360 and PS3, or are they exclusive to the version you ordered?

Hoping Amazon will match Walmart with the 10 dollar credit for Toy Story 3. That game actually looks really good for a movie game. I'm also a big Toy Story fan, so I'm looking forward to it.

I just preordered super mario galaxy2 and it gave me $5 amazon music credit immediately. Can I preorder and cancel repeatedly and keep getting it?

Not to add any additional paranoia, but I just noticed something...

Like most of you, I had been waiting for the Red Dead Redemption GC to come through because I wanted to place an order using it. I finally gave up waiting and placed an order for Blur, since I figured I'd just use the GC on the next order.

So I'm looking at the Order Confirmation eMail that Amazon sent me for Blur, and I see written down at the bottom:

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships."

I went back and looked at my Red Dead Redemption Order Confirmation and it says absolutely nothing about qualifying for the GC. It only mentions the $5 Mp3 offer.

So I looked even further back in my orders. Mario Galaxy 2's confirmation also has the line about qualifying for the game credit, as does Mario Kart Wii.

I realize all the other games are Game Credits and Red Dead Redemption is a Gift Card, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't at least include a similar line saying the purchase comes with a GC.

I mean, has anyone's order confirmation for RDR (or any other Games w/ Gift Card) stated it in the eMail Confirmation?

[quote name='Sw33tbombs']I just preordered super mario galaxy2 and it gave me $5 amazon music credit immediately. Can I preorder and cancel repeatedly and keep getting it?[/QUOTE]

No. You are entitled to one MP3 credit only during the promotional period. Even if you order different items with the MP3 credit you'll still only receive one credit.

I thought I was the only one that didn't get their $20 voucher in time. Supposed to be 2 business days after the game ships. I sent them an e-mail to see whats going on.

[quote name='vlv723']I thought I was the only one that didn't get their $20 voucher in time. Supposed to be 2 business days after the game ships. I sent them an e-mail to see whats going on.[/QUOTE]

It's already been explained but Amazon is saying it may be up to 10 days for the RDR credit. So hopefully by May 28th or so people will start getting them.

I think Amazon did that to prevent people from using it on ModNation Racers. I was going to use that $20 toward the purchase of that game.

Oh well, I'll just buy it at full price then.

anyone else having problems getting these $10 credit from amazon? it says promotional credit will be placed directly to your acct within 2 business days of item shipping. my games shipped on the 18th and still no credit for red dead redemption or prince of persia, anyone else having issues getting these credits?

response i got from amazon was to wait till june 8th.... the credits expire june 30th..., any ideas?

oh wait looks like plenty of people having problems getting these lol. I do think its a buncha crap, if it says you'll get credit within 2 business days of shipping i expect it to be fufilled at the latest within 2 days :( i want to order modnation :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the $20 promotional offer for ordering Red Dead Redemption.

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and found the following information:

1. For orders placed before 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on May 17, a $20 gift card will be sent via e-mail within 10 days of the release date. The gift card can be used for any Amazon.com purchases where gift cards are normally accepted.

2. For orders placed between May 18 at 2:00 p.m. and May 20 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time, a $20 promotional credit for the Video Game Store will be applied to the account within 2 business days after the item ships.

I'm getting extremely mixed messages here...

[quote name='vlv723']I think Amazon did that to prevent people from using it on ModNation Racers. I was going to use that $20 toward the purchase of that game.

Oh well, I'll just buy it at full price then.[/QUOTE]

Really? Modnation Racers?

Wouldn't a better conspiracy theory involve an Italian plumber? ;)

I've been hoping for the credit so I can preorder.... Guess i'll have to belly up the $50 and then use the 2 $20's on NCAA.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the $20 promotional offer for ordering Red Dead Redemption.

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and found the following information:

1. For orders placed before 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on May 17, a $20 gift card will be sent via e-mail within 10 days of the release date. The gift card can be used for any Amazon.com purchases where gift cards are normally accepted.

2. For orders placed between May 18 at 2:00 p.m. and May 20 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time, a $20 promotional credit for the Video Game Store will be applied to the account within 2 business days after the item ships.

I'm getting extremely mixed messages here...[/QUOTE]

My order was placed May 18 1:30 am so I'm not sure which one I fall into. I've called 2 and sent one email and each and every time I've been told something different. I really want the credit to order SSFIV while its still at $30 and has $10 gaming credit.

Edit: Called again and was told that since I ordered before 2:00pm the 18th then I qualified for the gift card and it would be ten business days.

[quote name='$hady']Really? Modnation Racers?

Wouldn't a better conspiracy theory involve an Italian plumber? ;)

I've been hoping for the credit so I can preorder.... Guess i'll have to belly up the $50 and then use the 2 $20's on NCAA.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, that what I was wanting to use my credit towards. I had already dropped it down to $35 with other promo credits. I was really wanting to get it for $15+$20 promo....oh well, cant win them all.

you'd think with all the commotion they'd hurry and pay out the credits :p at this rate its costing them an arm and a leg to answer all the inquiries about the promo credits lol

Sweet! Amazon just emailed me back saying they'd refund me the 10 bucks in 2-3 days. And that they'll send me the $20 promotional certificate by the end of today! :D

NO RDR CREDIT? HERE'S WHY...

I just emailed amazon support and got answer about why we didn't receive the credit within 2 days. You receive your 20 dollar credit within 2 days of the game shipping if you ordered the game on the 18th. You'll receive it within 10 days of being shipped if you ordered it sooner. Just to clear up how the order confirmation emails don't mention the credit; my email didn't mention it either but the person responding to my inquiry said that I do in fact qualify for the credit. So just because your email doesn't mention it don't get all uppity.

I was told if I haven't received anything by the 2nd of June to contact Amazon via a link inserted in the email. That's more than 10 days past the ship date, but whatever, I just want to have it in time to throw at Green Day rock Band so that I get another 20 dollar game credit on top of saving 20 bucks!!!

Long story short...give it a few more days.

[quote name='Starfox64']Does anyone know if you preorder when the credit was only 10 bucks do you get upgraded to the 20 dollar credit?[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed them about it when they first changed the quantity and they said they would do the $20.

Also lucky the guy who was told it would be resolved today. I just got an e-mail out of nowhere saying my credit would be deposited on my acct by june 3rd thats by my numbers 17 days after the game shipped so yeah :p

[quote name='Ogami Itto']They better give us the credit, because that is the only reason I ordered from them since the game was cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

dude, it's amazon. RELAX.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']NO RDR CREDIT? HERE'S WHY...[/QUOTE]

damn i was hopin to use that credit for mario galaxy 2....

Arg. Just when I realized my GoW3 $20 GC from Toys R Us expires at the end of the month and heard about the $10 GC for Mario Galaxy there, I was going to cancel my order with Amazon. Then they shipped it today!

Tsk tsk...it was such a good idea, too. I'm tempted to do it anyways and find a buyer for my Amazon copy elsewhere.

[quote name='kennedykougar']I e-mailed them about it when they first changed the quantity and they said they would do the $20.

Also lucky the guy who was told it would be resolved today. I just got an e-mail out of nowhere saying my credit would be deposited on my acct by june 3rd thats by my numbers 17 days after the game shipped so yeah :p[/QUOTE]
17 business days?

June 2nd is 10 Business days after the release day by the way (which they may count as the ship date). So yea, it should be there by the 3rd.

Some people here need to relax. Give it time. Patience is a virtue ladies.

By the way, I got 10 bucks and change back for RDR for complaining about their recent price drops. I paid 59.99 for the damn thing and the next day it comes down to 56.99 and then 49.99 thanks to Newegg. I filed a complaint through email how it isn't fair I paid 59.99 for it and all of a sudden, it gets a price drop in a couple of days. They said something with only one exception, trying to say that this type of shit won't happen again lol. But was able to get 10 something back off them thanks to Newegg. So I got that, waiting for that 20 dollar credit to come in and waiting for Mario Galaxy 2 20 dollar credit to come through as well so I can use it on something.

ah, that makes sense, i was also about to question where my $20 Credit was for Red Dead Redemption, but 10 days or so, i can wait then.
Now , smh at me for being so late lol, but i just placed a order for Super Mario Galaxy 2 and it says i most likely will get the $20 credit, but in the email, it only mentions a $5 off music thing.
lol if that gets replaced by the $20 credit. then wow

[quote name='pjb16']17 business days?

June 2nd is 10 Business days after the release day by the way (which they may count as the ship date). So yea, it should be there by the 3rd.[/QUOTE]

the game was shipped 5/17 - 6/3 thats 14 business days so uhm yeah make that the 18th thats still 13 biz-days :applause:

[quote name='kennedykougar']the game was shipped 5/17 - 6/3 thats 14 business days so uhm yeah make that the 18th thats still 13 biz-days :applause:[/QUOTE]
Yea, as I said, June 2nd is 10 business days from release day (and that they may count it as the ship date).

Do they just stop giving out game credit whenever they feel like it? For instance, I don't see anywhere on the page that you get $20 game credit for RDR, while you can still get SMG2 with $20 game credit, and I remember monster hunter tri had $10 game credit for a long time.

[quote name='smellmybutt']Do they just stop giving out game credit whenever they feel like it? For instance, I don't see anywhere on the page that you get $20 game credit for RDR, while you can still get SMG2 with $20 game credit, and I remember monster hunter tri had $10 game credit for a long time.[/QUOTE]

They are PRE-ORDER BONUSES, so yeah when it releases, it goes away in a day or two max.

bread's done
Back