Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Received an MP3 credit for Singularity which isn't bad considering I'm already getting Prototype of "free" (I'm assuming $5 just like Red Faction Guerrilla), $20 credit and now $5 MP3 credit.

Seems like every retailer is jumping on board the 'future credit' train.

I just got an e-mail for $5 MP3 credit after all of my orders (for Lost Planet 2, of all orders). I went to go and redeem the code, and apparently my new MP3 credit balance is $25.00. Well, damn, Amazon.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I just got an e-mail for $5 MP3 credit after all of my orders (for Lost Planet 2, of all orders). I went to go and redeem the code, and apparently my new MP3 credit balance is $25.00. Well, damn, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

that most likely has your 20 dollar red dead gift card figured in. so beware haha.

If you get $20 in credit and it's applied automatically to a game that's worth less, like say a $15 game, will $5 roll over to your next video game purchase or do you lose the remaining credit?

[quote name='Collectordragon']If you get $20 in credit and it's applied automatically to a game that's worth less, like say a $15 game, will $5 roll over to your next video game purchase or do you lose the remaining credit?[/QUOTE]
Will roll over until it expires.

[quote name='-Mystery-']Anybody else pre-order UFC and get some generic up, up, down, left, etc type cheat code for the bonus Tapout characters?[/QUOTE]

yup it was a preorder "bonus"..

man gamestop really beat them on that preorder bonus..

can't even sell that amazon dlc

[quote name='eau']Will roll over until it expires.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I have a $20 credit and two $10. I don't want to lose any credit. Also only $30 of credit shows up when I try to checkout with a $60 game. Why isn't all $40 showing up? None of my credit should have expired yet.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Are you sure? I have a $20 credit and two $10. I don't want to lose any credit. Also only $30 of credit shows up when I try to checkout with a $60 game. Why isn't all $40 showing up? None of my credit should have expired yet.[/QUOTE]
Yes, he's sure.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Any idea why all $40 in credit isn't showing up when I attempt to make an order?[/QUOTE]
Did you get email confirmation for all $40 of credit already?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Yep, a total of three emails. The only one that expires any time soon is a $10 credit that expires May 31st.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'd email/call customer service then. They should all apply.

what were the 3 games you ordered? i have a sneaking suspicion that the $10 credits for games that were matched to gamestop don't stack with each other (no confirmation though). i know preorder credits stack without a problem, and atleast 1 GS match also stacks with preorder credit.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]If anyone wants a $5 credit in the Amazon MP3 music downloads store, [/FONT]here is the info below. Just write back to let others that you used it.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Halo Reach. We are pleased to let you know that your order qualifies for a $5 credit in the Amazon MP3 music downloads store. Your credit can be redeemed with the code provided below.

To redeem your credit, please follow the instructions on this page: http://www.amazon.com/mp3credit

Here is your $5 credit code:
[/FONT]HQMR-3KDX59-6SQNUK[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]

Your redemption credit must be used by July 15, 2010 11:59pm PDT, and is subject to the terms and conditions on this page:
[/FONT]

[quote name='xscorpionx'][FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]If anyone wants a $5 credit in the Amazon MP3 music downloads store, [/FONT]here is the info below. Just write back to let others that you used it.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]
[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Dear Amazon.com Customer,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for your order of Halo Reach. We are pleased to let you know that your order qualifies for a $5 credit in the Amazon MP3 music downloads store. Your credit can be redeemed with the code provided below. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]To redeem your credit, please follow the instructions on this page: http://www.amazon.com/mp3credit [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Here is your $5 credit code: [/FONT]
[/FONT]HQMR-3KDX59-6SQNUK[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Your redemption credit must be used by July 15, 2010 11:59pm PDT, and is subject to the terms and conditions on this page: [/FONT]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Thank you very much!

A lot of them don't seem to have the credit anymore.

In for:
:ps3: SSFIV
:ds: Glory of Heracles

----

Edit:
I'm unsure if someone mentioned this already.. but if we order two items with the $10 bonus, are they only going to give us just ONE $10 bonus? Seems to be applying only to the GameStop matched ones like people are saying:

To Receive the Promotion:

1. Add the qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart via the Add to Shopping Cart button on the product information page.
  2. The promotional code will be placed directly in your Amazon.com account after your qualifying item ships once processing is complete.
  3. To redeem your reward, add a video game sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount from the promotional code will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. The promotional code must be used by its stated expiration date.
Terms and Conditions

• The promotion is limited to one per customer.
  • The promotion is limited to one promotional code per order.
  • The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
  • If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.
  • The promotion applies only to games displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
  • The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Macys, Target, etc.) do not qualify.
  • If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
  • Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Offer good while supplies last.
  • Void where prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the credit work on PC games? I bought SMG 2 and I am wanting to buy torchlight yet it is not applying the credit. It does apply it for Wii games though.

I still got no credit for PoP or Glory of heracles lol gawd with all the inconsistency I'm being forced to keep a spreadsheet of credits offered, credits received with screenshots to all the order pages prior to submitting. what a SH!TLoad of work cuz they cant keep their act straight lol

On a bright note got MNR for $9.99 with the DLC and a $10 gaming credit ;)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
hi al l,who can tell me How do I capture with my TV-card/TV-in and convert to VCD?
helipppppppppppppppppppp!!!
MANY THANKS!!!

[quote name='andyjor']:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
hi al l,who can tell me How do I capture with my TV-card/TV-in and convert to VCD?
helipppppppppppppppppppp!!!
MANY THANKS!!![/QUOTE]
Not sure this is the right place to ask that :(

If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the promotional code will not apply.

does this mean you won't get it or does it just mean you can only get it during pre-order?

[quote name='cheaphuck']Anyone pre-order RDR before the $20 coupon got added and received it yet? I still have not got mine.[/QUOTE]
I did when it was $10 dollar credit and received a 20 dollar gift card in email, you may need to contact them.

[quote name='mitnosi']I did when it was $10 dollar credit and received a 20 dollar gift card in email, you may need to contact them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah looks like I will have to. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='jd10984']Can you stack credit from theese deals and use it all at once? If so I am going to stock up for Natal..[/QUOTE]
They stack but you cant stock up on them as they are automatically applied to your next game purchase.

Singularity no longer comes with a free Prototype, but a graphic novel instead.

Also, Transformers War for Cybertron (360, PS3) is getting a $10 pre-order bonus and exclusive character Demolisher. Cybertron Adventures on Wii is also getting a $10 bonus.

[quote name='jd10984']Dang so i wouldnt be able to save up for natal by doing this eh..[/QUOTE]
And you generally can't use them on hardware.

[quote name='mitnosi']They stack but you cant stock up on them as they are automatically applied to your next game purchase.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking to "save" your credit, you can change payment options for the game purchases you don't want to use the credit on to your credit card, etc. As others have said, though, hardware may be off limits.

[quote name='theflicker']If you're looking to "save" your credit, you can change payment options for the game purchases you don't want to use the credit on to your credit card, etc. As others have said, though, hardware may be off limits.[/QUOTE]

And plus, nearly all the credits have an expiration date.

[quote name='Lucian']And you generally can't use them on hardware.[/QUOTE]

The work on like almost all hardware... I got a DS for like 12 bucks using them last fall.

Just tested and still work on xbox controller and DS. Didn't work on Logitech G27 racing wheel tho. I'd bet that if natal were up for order they'd have worked on it tho. The problem is you can only hold them for so long and you really can't add them to existing orders.

Alright guys, I need some advice:

After "losing" my preorder copy of Red Dead, Amazon went ahead and sent out another copy to me, free of charge. They both came in today. I now have two copies of RDR and as far as I can tell, I've only been charged for one.

Here's the email that was sent to me:
Hello,

I'm sorry that you have not received your order, it looks like your shipment was lost in transit. I've placed a new order that's listed below. We'll ship it to the same address as soon as possible. I've also upgraded the shipping method to One-Day Shipping at no additional charge.

Order Number: ----------------------
Estimated Delivery Date: May 26, 2010

There's no charge for this replacement order. If the original order does show up, you can refuse the unopened package or use our Online Returns Center to return the extra order:

http://www.amazon.com/returns

If you'd like to keep the original item and pay for both, please let us know.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-mi?c=ydvbuvvx3230477527&q=o2r

We look forward to your next visit.

Based on your experience, what happens if I don't bother filling out that little form and just hold on to the extra copy? Will Amazon charge me for the "lost" game now that it shows up as "Shipped" on my account (I've been charged for my original order but not for the replacement, it's still showing up as $0.00).

[quote name='Temidien']Based on your experience, what happens if I don't bother filling out that little form and just hold on to the extra copy? Will Amazon charge me for the "lost" game now that it shows up as "Shipped" on my account (I've been charged for my original order but not for the replacement, it's still showing up as $0.00).[/QUOTE]
I'm not a saint or anything, but basically what you'd be doing is stealing. If they were shipped via any method with tracking they will likely be able to see if they were delivered. If they were shipped via UPS they can put a trace on the package and find out the GPS point where the packages were delivered. Why even bother stealing and looking like a fool. Just check the UPCs and keep one if it is 710425398254 which should have the golden guns code, and return the other to Amazon.

[quote name='mitnosi']Yeah credits work on hardware, I used credit when ordering a Wii earlier this month.[/QUOTE]
Wow. Interesting. I don't think this used to be the case, but awesome.

bread's done
Back