Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bojay - I think you're thinkig about upcs. Which is the barcode on the back of the box. A sku is like the the xx xxx xx number on the clearance sticker at target. You couldn't use that target sku to look up stock at say best buy.

I believe skus are mostly unique unless a retailer for some reason uses a manufacture model number as the sku. But no major retailer does that.

I'm 99% sure but I could be wrong.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Haven't received my tiger woods credit yet :/...no worries yet though haha[/QUOTE]

I actually just got the email informing me of it two min ago. The tracking says the game hasn't even been delivered yet. o_O

[quote name='kidincredible']I actually just got the email informing me of it two min ago. The tracking says the game hasn't even been delivered yet. o_O[/QUOTE]

yea i just received mine about an hour ago as well. not just time for the game to get here haha

Update on the Alpha Protocol situation , for anyone that might cares. Since the credit never was able to apply on it's own , and emailing them did nothing (other then them telling me the obvious) I ended up calling them yesterday and told the rep the situation. It basically came out the same as brennjc said in his post. Said that the credit was in my account but wouldn't apply and would let marketing know to fix it. Got an email about 30mins later saying the marketing couldn't (or most likely didn't want to) fix it so instead she would just give me a $10 refund the next time my account orders a video game.

Sure enough , I ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes yesterday and I got an email today saying that a $10 refund was being given to my credit card.:D

[quote name='eau']Has MGS: Peace Walker ever gone down to $36.99 level before? Was it the lowest price?[/QUOTE]

I preordered mine at 36.99 back in September 09 then the price jumped to 39.99.

Since others are talking about Green Day credits , I received mine as well , and it was $20. Which kinda surprised me since I ordered it a few hours or so after the page listing changed from $20 to $10. Not complaining though.

guys, my order of mgs peace walker from amazon got shipped, when do I get the $10 credit? cause when I ordered this game it still had the $10 credit bonus. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']guys, my order of mgs peace walker from amazon got shipped, when do I get the $10 credit? cause when I ordered this game it still had the $10 credit bonus. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
You'll never see that credit. I gobbled it up.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']guys, my order of mgs peace walker from amazon got shipped, when do I get the $10 credit? cause when I ordered this game it still had the $10 credit bonus. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I just got my credit for assassin's creed 2... but that was my own little personal nightmare.

I dunno what the hell is up with Amazon customer service. I've shot over two e-mails and I have yet to receive any sort of reply back.

Am I crazy? I just saw Amazon is offering a $20 GC for the legendary Edition Halo 3. I thought it was only for the normal edition...

I chatted up an Amazon rep and my god, was he dumb. Didn't know what the hell I was talking about so I had to talk him through how Amazon works and how I'm entitled to my $10 credit.

The dude finally got it through his head and credited me. I later receive an e-mail from another rep who tells me that the credit was applied to my account DAYS ago. :bomb:

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Am I crazy? I just saw Amazon is offering a $20 GC for the legendary Edition Halo 3. I thought it was only for the normal edition...[/QUOTE]

You are not crazy, in fact, that offer has been there for a while. It just wasn't as obvious before.

[quote name='distgfx']You are not crazy, in fact, that offer has been there for a while. It just wasn't as obvious before.[/QUOTE]
It's been a while since I looked. But I remember last time it was only for the normal edition.

[quote name='United_Korea']am i supposed to get an email saying that i got the credit? i have $10 on my account but idk how that got there.[/QUOTE]

You are supposed to get an email, but I never got any email when I got my video game credits, and I bought a couple of games that had credits on them. I just saw them on my account whenever I wanted to buy something (after the timeframe they gave).

I did get an email when it was a gift card, but I'm guessing it's because of the code.

Getting the credit for some of these games is starting to be a real pain. I sent an e-mail to customer service and got this reply.

"Hello,

I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the $10 video game credit has a limit of one per customer.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A1QE0OSLT9NLVB

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?"

In my initial complaint e-mail I clearly explained I had never received Glory of Heracles or MAG credits ever before. So frustrating. Do they even read the complaints?!

Has anyone gotten the $10 credit for MGS Peace Walker?

[quote name='Orofin']Getting the credit for some of these games is starting to be a real pain. I sent an e-mail to customer service and got this reply.[/QUOTE]
What game was it? Had you also bought another game that wasn't a pre-order but with a bonus gaming credit?

Hey Cheapy, The $10 credit is gone from:

- Mario Kart Wii
- Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter with Gun Peripheral
- New Super Mario Bros
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (All systems)
- Warioland: Shake It

[quote name='eau']Has anyone gotten the $10 credit for MGS Peace Walker?[/QUOTE]

I haven't, just sent an e-mail off.

As for the guy above you who got the e-mail from Amazon telling him he's ineligible, i've gotten similar e-mails in the past when inquiring about promotional credits. Don't be phased by it, you're eligible as long as you preordered the product and haven't bought more than one of that exact SKU. Give them a call, Amazon customer support is simply relatively poor with their e-mail. It probably has something to do with the fact that all their customer support is overseas, and everyone reading these e-mails have english as their second language.

I truly wish that Amazon would work on the timeliness of their promotional credits, I would wager a guess that of the 20+ games i've bought in the last year that were eligible for one, only 5-8 were sent to me before I was forced to send them an e-mail.

Well, I just sent an email off regarding the $10 Peace Walker credit too.

For most of these pre-order credits, I have to initiate a query before seeing the credits.

Just talked to amazon rep on the phone for Alpha Protocol $10, she had alot of trouble applying it. So she just ended up giving me another $10 promotion and deleting the old one.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I sent an email re: Peace Walker earlier today too, since it's been a couple days since the game shipped. Still waiting on a response.[/QUOTE]
Got an email back, with a claim code that had already been redeemed. Awesome!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Got an email back, with a claim code that had already been redeemed. Awesome![/QUOTE]
Just got an email back too. A $10 general credit was manually applied to my account. It beats a video game credit that's only good in the video game department.

I'm surprised they actually gave you a claim code nowadays. They now apply credits directly into your account so that they you can't give away/sell/misplace it.

I don't know what's going on at Amazon lately, but it seems like more and more inept CS reps have been recently hired.

I ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes that recently shipped. It came with a $10 GC and $5 MP3 credit. You're supposed to receive the MP3 credit when you place the order. I waited a few days until it shipped and wrote them about it since I had not received it yet. What does the CS rep say?

He said I am not eligible because I already received that credit from a prior order (my UFC 2010 order). Even though he gave me a $5 Amazon credit as a courtesy...it shouldn't be a courtesy at all.

I've noticed this happening to others as well. All of a sudden, promotions are not being received for current orders due to past promotions for completely different games. Either the CS reps are not being sufficiently trained...they are morons...or Amazon is trying to act very shady all of a sudden.

Either way...Amazon needs to fix this shit. I don't feel like I have to beg or correct a situation every time I place an order with one of their promotions.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I don't know what's going on at Amazon lately, but it seems like more and more inept CS reps have been recently hired.[/QUOTE]

prolly from hiring a bunch of recent college grads....

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I ordered 3D Dot Game Heroes that recently shipped. It came with a $10 GC and $5 MP3 credit. You're supposed to receive the MP3 credit when you place the order. I waited a few days until it shipped and wrote them about it since I had not received it yet. What does the CS rep say?

He said I am not eligible because I already received that credit from a prior order (my UFC 2010 order). Even though he gave me a $5 Amazon credit as a courtesy...it shouldn't be a courtesy at all.[/QUOTE]

actually he was right on the mp3 credit... it you read the description of the offer it says it is limited to 1 offer per person... which is different from the preorder video game credit offer which states Offer valid for one purchase per customer. The mp3 offers and VOD offers have always been 1 per person per promotion period.

you just got a really nice csr...

[quote name='Xfactor19990']sigh i need a dealon green day rock band, if i preorder games today when do they charge me?[/QUOTE]
That came out Tuesday...

[quote name='Xfactor19990']sorry dropped out a sentence, i meant if i preorder singularity will it charge me today?[/QUOTE]
you get charged when it ships.

"What game was it? Had you also bought another game that wasn't a pre-order but with a bonus gaming credit?"

MAG and Glory of Heracles last week

Well, Amazon actually pulled a "read the fine print" response on me when I asked where my $10 credit for my God of War 3 order was. They said since I received credit for another game recently (a week or so ago) that I was not eligible for another credit. I guess they're right, but since the MP3 credit restriction is clearly stated right on the page that the video game one would be too. "The promotion is limited to one per customer" is listed on the credit restrictions page, but to me that reads "if you order multiple together you only get one credit", not "if you order multiple different games together within a short period of time you only get one credit".

I thought you guys should know that. There's a chance you might not get your credit if multiple pre-ordered games that include credits are released with a short amount of time of each other. I've went ahead and canceled all of my pre-orders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect. As of so far, every PRE-ORDER game that comes with a credit affects nothing else but the same game. Their deals that are matching other deals, like gamestop, affect the ENTIRE deal.

Ex:
If gamestop posts up 5 games that come with $10 credits and amazon matches, you will most likely only get 1 credit even if you ordered all 5 from amazon(atleast, this is how they've been doing it most recently).

If you pre-order games, you get the credit for each and every unique game, or are atleast entitled to get it per their policy so far.

[quote name='Vortextk']Incorrect. As of so far, every PRE-ORDER game that comes with a credit affects nothing else but the same game. Their deals that are matching other deals, like gamestop, affect the ENTIRE deal.

Ex:
If gamestop posts up 5 games that come with $10 credits and amazon matches, you will most likely only get 1 credit even if you ordered all 5 from amazon(atleast, this is how they've been doing it most recently).

If you pre-order games, you get the credit for each and every unique game, or are atleast entitled to get it per their policy so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured that when they responded, but it wasn't clearly stated on the page (to me, anyway).

bread's done
Back