Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
They did finally add a new game (Fight Night Champion for Xbox/PS3) but nothing I give a crap about.

I hope they dont have plans to move away from the credit deals. Kmart with it's coupons ends up being a much better deal on basically everything if there's no credit from Amazon. So far nothing for any of the big upcoming games like LBP2, Mass Effect2, or Dead Space while Kmart will have at least a $20 coupon with each of those. $25 for Dead Space...

Did anyone who ordered Kinect+Dance Masters receive their $20 credit? I ordered it on the 8th and received the Kinect+DM, yet I haven't received any credit. I emailed them, so we'll see what they say. The page offering the credit is still up.

*rolls dice* Come on Amazon! Papa needs a $20 credit for KZ3 and DCUO. Or $10 and some exclusive bonus which I can ebay for $10 lol...

[quote name='crunchewy']Did anyone who ordered Kinect+Dance Masters receive their $20 credit? I ordered it on the 8th and received the Kinect+DM, yet I haven't received any credit. I emailed them, so we'll see what they say. The page offering the credit is still up.[/QUOTE]

Let me know what they say because I just ordered it as well expecting that to be honored but it seems like a long shot with the thing selling well anyways.

[quote name='nas6034']I swear I thought there was a $10 credit for pre-ordering Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Special Edition. Can anyone shed some light on this?[/QUOTE]
They have yet to offer it on the SE, only the regular editions.

for the love of god change the name of the title of this thread. I am sick of seeing TH SHRED everytime i visit cag! I have probably seen those words more than copies of the game that have sold.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Is there a way to add credit to your account? Just paying for it, I mean.[/QUOTE]
You mean like by buying yourself a gift card?

Is this the same Amazon credit this thread is talking about? I have $10 Amazon game download credit. Is that something I can use on a PSN game download code?

SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$10.00

[quote name='typical guy']Is this the same Amazon credit this thread is talking about? I have $10 Amazon game download credit. Is that something I can use on a PSN game download code?

SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$10.00[/QUOTE]
In the past, it was reported 'Yes'. Please try it out and let us know.

[quote name='vwbeetlvr']for the love of god change the name of the title of this thread. I am sick of seeing TH SHRED everytime i visit cag! I have probably seen those words more than copies of the game that have sold.[/QUOTE]

THANK you!!!!

[quote name='ejh1820']Anyone know if these are going on promo again before the 3D launch?[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact that they may.

grrrrrrrrr i wish Dead Space 2 had some kind of credit, i don't really want the XBLA game, the costume/armor code i guess i could sell.

c'mon amazon, at least $10 :p

[quote name='theking20']grrrrrrrrr i wish Dead Space 2 had some kind of credit, i don't really want the XBLA game, the costume/armor code i guess i could sell.

c'mon amazon, at least $10 :p[/QUOTE]
This.

Ok, so on my account it says that I have $10 under "Software/Video Games Downloads." Any idea what this is? I thought it would be for a download, but I tried testing it on numerous items, and nothing was showing $10 off. Maybe I should just email them?

That is probably the $10 Xbox Live code discount that you got if you ordered a 360 game sometime in the past couple months. I know when I got one it appeared there.

Come on, Bulletstorm: Epic Edition. If Amazon puts a $20 credit on that game, i'll preorder that and Gears 3 both from them on the spot.

"grrrrrrrrr i wish Dead Space 2 had some kind of credit, i don't really want the XBLA game, the costume/armor code i guess i could sell.

c'mon amazon, at least $10 :p "

not trying to take anything away from amazon, and you may already know about this, but k-mart is offering a $25 coupon with dead space 2 that is good on a future game purchase.

Is there a list of all past game credits?

I was looking through my order history from 2010 and Ive preordered quite a few games from Amazon and never once recieved a credit on any other game purchases.

Maybe someone can update the op with a "show list" type button with all past ones instead of deleting them from the op so we can have them as reference. From my readin it seems a lot of people dont end up getting the credit for whatever reason and have to call/email amazon to get it.

Or at the very least can someone tell me if there was credits on any of these preorders...

God of War 3 CE
Final Fantasy 13
Bioshock 2 CE
Starcraft 2 CE
Etrian Odyssey 3

[quote name='Ribkage']

Or at the very least can someone tell me if there was credits on any of these preorders...

God of War 3 CE
Final Fantasy 13
Bioshock 2 CE
Starcraft 2 CE
Etrian Odyssey 3[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy XIII had a $10 credit.

[quote name='dvdactor']That is probably the $10 Xbox Live code discount that you got if you ordered a 360 game sometime in the past couple months. I know when I got one it appeared there.[/QUOTE]

trying to figure this out myself. i placed an order for a book (the art of hammer) and had $18 of my $28 of software/video game download credit applied to the order! since then ive been trying to get it to apply to other orders but no luck. strange....

- just tried checking out with a digial 12 month sub. to xbox live gold, and it applied. now to figure out how it applied it to a book order.....

I'm debating wether to wait for a price drop on Mass Effect 2 for PS3. I know EA game tend to drop in price/have ridiculous sales after the first week and ME2 on 360 was like $40 about 2 or 3 weeks after launch.

Also wish there was some sort of game credit on Dragon Age 2, I already pre-ordered for the Signature Edition, but I also want at least $10 so I can use that to pre-order MvC3.

Hopefully they put up some more games with credits in the new year. Walmart and Amazon have had the same games with credits for months now.

Looking for credits on at least Dead Space and LBP2 or I'll just be getting them from Kmart and saving myself $30 or so..

[quote name='happydogs']Come on, Bulletstorm: Epic Edition. If Amazon puts a $20 credit on that game, i'll preorder that and Gears 3 both from them on the spot.[/QUOTE]

Kmart is apparently having a $20 credit for Bulletstorm. But, I am unsure if it's the Epic Edition. I just wish Amazon would price match it already! Anyone think this is going to happen?

[quote name='e Skrilla']No Dead Space 2 nor LBP 2 w/ $20 credit....not even $10??? com'on amazon! they are getting so close![/QUOTE]

I want those games too. Also Mass Effect 2 and Killzone 3 for PS3 and no credit! Looks like the big K is getting my business.

[quote name='marksteyn']Hey i likes the such type of games to play. When i am free i always plays the games and makes my mind fresh..[/QUOTE]
Cool story, brah. Or should I say bot?

[quote name='superhippy1986']Annoying how Amazon doesn't have release day shipping for Mass Effect 2 yet...[/QUOTE]
Because ME2 released a year ago.

I take that you meant ME3... ;)

Yeah, I got an Amazon GC, Im ready to preorder some Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Deus Ex, etc., but not a one of them have any credit offers, and only DS2 is offering .99 release date delivery. WTH Amazon?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont know who in their right mind is buying this shit day one but a couple days ago they added $10 credits for Mindjack (Xbox/PS3) and some dumb ass psp game called Lord of Arcana

Really Amazon, let's get these credits rolling on some decent games.[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon always add pre order credit to all the big titles? Because ME2 still has time... Right?!!

And where's release day shipping!!!

bread's done
Back