Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trance Addix']Yes, you will.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you don't get the credit twice.

Credits are limit one per household. I've bought multiple copies of a game before (even one of each platform) and noticed getting the Amazon promotional credit email for only one order instead of two.

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm pretty sure you don't get the credit twice.

Credits are limit one per household. I've bought multiple copies of a game before (even one of each platform) and noticed getting the Amazon promotional credit email for only one order instead of two.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is limiting it to one per household but is treating black and white as two different games so you will get the credit for both.

[quote name='superhippy1986']$20 credit for a cheap green lantern game?! Madness..[/QUOTE]

The fact that you think $57 is cheap is madness!

Is it just me or the pic of my DA2 preorder diverted back to the regular edition. The name still say sig. edition though. I hope amazon don't mess up.

[quote name='jr1016']Is it just me or the pic of my DA2 preorder diverted back to the regular edition. The name still say sig. edition though. I hope amazon don't mess up.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I called to make sure and Amazon assured that the Signature Edition is the one I'll receive. The CS said he is 100% sure. And I only call the reps that are located in the US.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Same here, but I called to make sure and Amazon assured that the Signature Edition is the one I'll receive. The CS said he is 100% sure. And I only call the reps that are located in the US.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. Just wondering, I guess I'm not the only one. Just wanted a rare item for this game.

I'd love a good Green Lantern game, but presumably this won't be.

Though ya never know...the developer of that first Ben 10 game for PSP did a really good job. Raven's Wolverine was awesome, etc.

Wish they'd get a good developer and give them the time/money they need to do that stuff right, since it turns out you CAN do a great licensed game. Heck, there are some smaller studios that are completely good, just don't have the big name (like whoever did Ben 10) that could do something good if paid enough...

[quote name='jr1016']Is it just me or the pic of my DA2 preorder diverted back to the regular edition. The name still say sig. edition though. I hope amazon don't mess up.[/QUOTE]
If they send me the regular edition it will go right back. I am not paying full price for the regular edition. Still mad they didn't add credit :bomb:

I preordered Pokémon White when they had the $5 promotion. Later they changed it to $10. I just got two emails from Amazon, one with the $5 promo, and another with the $10 promo. I just added stuff to my Amazon cart to confirm that the two promos stack to $15 total. I just got the game for effectively $20! =D

[quote name='gotdott']Amazon is limiting it to one per household but is treating black and white as two different games so you will get the credit for both.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm pretty sure you don't get the credit twice.

Credits are limit one per household. I've bought multiple copies of a game before (even one of each platform) and noticed getting the Amazon promotional credit email for only one order instead of two.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get around this for LBP2. My wife and I both have Amazon accounts and both of us got the $20 credit for each order, shipped to the same house. Ordered one with Amazon credit and the other with a credit card.

I have another question, I just received an email from GS about the Gears 3 Beta included in pre-orders. Has Amazon ever matched this kind of deal? I have Gears 3 pre-ordered with the $20 credit. Just hoping that they add the beta somewhere down the line.

Any chance they'll extend the $10 SOCOM credit to the Full Deployment version? That bundle is the best Move deal yet, looks like, so I'll jump on it. But it's sad to miss the credit that the regular version gets.

i love amazon pre order credit. pre ordered homefront and will use that 10 bucks off to pre order la noire then use that for 10 off gears 3 then use that 20 for uncharted 3 etc etc its never ending

[quote name='bugeeker']Any chance they'll extend the $10 SOCOM credit to the Full Deployment version? That bundle is the best Move deal yet, looks like, so I'll jump on it. But it's sad to miss the credit that the regular version gets.[/QUOTE]

Most credits are applied to the regular editions as strange as it is. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

[quote name='azngtlman']I was able to get around this for LBP2. My wife and I both have Amazon accounts and both of us got the $20 credit for each order, shipped to the same house. Ordered one with Amazon credit and the other with a credit card.

I have another question, I just received an email from GS about the Gears 3 Beta included in pre-orders. Has Amazon ever matched this kind of deal? I have Gears 3 pre-ordered with the $20 credit. Just hoping that they add the beta somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - good to know thanks.

Do you have to use the credit on first party Amazon orders only? Because not even "Prime Enabled" or the Amazon Warehouse works with the credit I have.

As the credit says shipped from AND sold by amazon.com only. So yes, unfortunately, only things sold BY amazon.

(The amazon warehouse should work though, I guess they count that as a separate company. That's pretty lame)

Hi alls, for those interested in Top Spin 4, see the official forums before you jump: http://2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193

I love tennis but there some oddities considering this is THE 4th game in the series. Here's what I noticed from the demo & gameplay vids around the web:

1: The ref & the ballboys/ballgirls do NOT move at all- yet the TV camera recording the match follows the action.

2. Ladies hit as hard as men. (you know what I mean)

3. The stats are off for some (unclear now, perhaps all?) players.

4. Move support is not even close to Sports Champions' "Ping Pong." It's an afterthought. For instance, I can swing a forehand & it will register as a backhand.

5. After every 2-3 plays, the "2K11" brand will blind you senseless before a replay is shown.

Now the improvements- IMO,

1. Graphics are better but as a small note, the crowd looks terrible

2. Animations are if not identical to Top Spin 3, already very good.

3. Controls are easier to pick up Vs. Top Spin 3. I think it's more fun to play.

The improvements are there yet I wish games like this offer a beta & not a demo so gamers can point out what should be fixed. I am on the fence about this game & even w/ Amazon's offer don't be fooled people, the support & detail to gameplay found in NBA 2K11 is no where NEAR the same for Top Spin 4.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Homefront got bumped to $15[/QUOTE]

Lol. Probably cuz of people like me. I canceled my pre-order late last night to jump on the Kmart deal ($20 XBL points card, plus 10k pts is a no brainer) and I specifically stated in the comments why I canceled the pre-order at Amazon.

I also lol at the credit for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon considering I've heard nada in the press about it and don't expect this game in the foreseeable future.

Jumped on Homefront. Early reviews seem promising.

Also, when you factor in tax and the few dollars they usually take off, it adds up :). Homefront for 57.99 saves me a little over 5.00 instantly by buying it from Amazon.

I'd already pre-ordred Homefront when it was at the $10 credit. After seeing it raised to $15, I decided to see what they had to say considering my order has already shipped so it cannot be changed. Here is the log:

Ramya Shree:Hello, my name is Ramya. I'll be happy to help you today.

Me:Hello, I pre-ordered Homefront for the PS3 a couple of days ago which included a $10 dollar future game credit. Now tonight after my order has already shipped (and therefore cannot be canceled or changed), the credit offer has changed to $15. Will I recieve the increased offer?

Ramya Shree:In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

Me:So being that I cannot cancel this order or change it, i'm simply out of luck?

Ramya Shree:I've issued you a $5.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate
Please understand that I've issued the promo against the policy
Are we connected Richard ?

Me:Thank you, I appreciate it. I understand the policy, but it is a bit offputting for the pre-order promotions to change hours before a game comes out
Again, thank you and thanks for your time.

Ramya Shree:I'll make sure your feedback is passed to our concerned department. You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.

It seems like Amazon has been changing these credits just before release more often lately, kind of irritating. I think i'll be preordering at the very last minute from now on.

I pre-ordered it when it was a 10 dollar credit also. However my shipment email that I received tonight had this info in it.

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $15 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."

So yeah, maybe it's an automatic change. I sent them an email just to be sure. Haven't heard back yet.

They told me I would only get the 10$ credit. I got them to give me a $5 credit though on the side. Would be kind of cool if I also got the $15 lol

[quote name='Zaku77']They told me I would only get the 10$ credit. I got them to give me a $5 credit though on the side. Would be kind of cool if I also got the $15 lol[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I'm hoping that's what will happen for me also.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Dragon Age 2 for PS3/Xbox also has a $15 credit right now.[/QUOTE]
Oh HELL no! I'm gonna complain :(

EDIT: And they gave me $15 credit. Pretty fast response too. If anyone else is writing in remember to be polite. BTW, I had ordered the Signature Edition and explained to them that it was basically the same product but because I ordered before a certain date I got some bonus content.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Dragon Age 2 for PS3/Xbox also has a $15 credit right now.[/QUOTE]

About time! As soon as my Homefront credit comes in later today, Im ordering DA2.

EDIT - did they take away the gift card already? It's not there.

[quote name='seanr1221']About time! As soon as my Homefront credit comes in later today, Im ordering DA2.

EDIT - did they take away the gift card already? It's not there.[/QUOTE]
Scroll down.

[quote name='mitnosi']Oh HELL no! I'm gonna complain :(

EDIT: And they gave me $15 credit. Pretty fast response too. If anyone else is writing in remember to be polite. BTW, I had ordered the Signature Edition and explained to them that it was basically the same product but because I ordered before a certain date I got some bonus content.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Let's see if I get a credit, too. They've done this a couple times now where the price drops or they add a promotion within the first week of release.

EDIT: Also got a quick response on the Dragon Age 2 credit: Not our policy, blah, blah, blah, here's a $15 credit.

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: I feel dumb. Why put it all the way down there?[/QUOTE]
Don't feel dumb. It is very common for them to add the promotion in a very visible place up top, so when they don't, but only have the text in the promotions area, it's easy to miss it.

[quote name='Lucian']Interesting. Let's see if I get a credit, too. They've done this a couple times now where the price drops or they add a promotion within the first week of release.

EDIT: Also got a quick response on the Dragon Age 2 credit: Not our policy, blah, blah, blah, here's a $15 credit.[/QUOTE]

When you contacted Amazon about the credit, did you use the e-mail or the chat option? Also, do you remember what you wrote when you contacted them? I have tried to get things like this for other games, but I always seem to get shot down (so any tips would help).

[quote name='Kazoo22']When you contacted Amazon about the credit, did you use the e-mail or the chat option? Also, do you remember what you wrote when you contacted them? I have tried to get things like this for other games, but I always seem to get shot down (so any tips would help).[/QUOTE]

I used the email option. Just explain to them that you bought the item on release and now it has 15 dollar credit(link the promotion) and you were wondering if you could get the credit. Basically all I did, said I was a prime member that always shops at Amazon and that it wasn't fair to the people who preordered the game :p

[quote name='mitnosi']I used the email option. Just explain to them that you bought the item on release and now it has 15 dollar credit(link the promotion) and you were wondering if you could get the credit. Basically all I did, said I was a prime member that always shops at Amazon and that it wasn't fair to the people who preordered the game :p[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll give it a try. Thank you.

[quote name='mitnosi']I used the email option. Just explain to them that you bought the item on release and now it has 15 dollar credit(link the promotion) and you were wondering if you could get the credit. Basically all I did, said I was a prime member that always shops at Amazon and that it wasn't fair to the people who preordered the game :p[/QUOTE]
I sent them a email too and they gave me the $15 credit.

so i pre-ordered Homefront on the 9th. got the email today saying i'll get $15 credit but i also noticed today the price is $49.70 i really hope amazon wont charge me $57.99 and give me the difference. they usually do that don't they? i remember them giving me money back in similar situations i think.

bread's done
Back