Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I'm basically getting Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (ps3) for $19.99. I purchased it yesterday evening for $59.99 when it still had the $25 credit. Shipping at that time said 9-10 days I think. They've dropped the price another $15 to $44.99, and mine still hasn't shipped yet. I'd call that a win.

[quote name='Zaku77']I just checked the page, and it's still offered. Sometimes you have to look farther down on the page.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I put it back...

[quote name='jaide']Wow. I'm basically getting Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (ps3) for $19.99. I purchased it yesterday evening for $59.99 when it still had the $25 credit. Shipping at that time said 9-10 days I think. They've dropped the price another $15 to $44.99, and mine still hasn't shipped yet. I'd call that a win.[/QUOTE]

wait, wait, wait. How? I know you get the lowest price/best promo offer if you have preordered early and the price/promo changes, but even after it releases?

The real question is, did that price drop occur before the end of the day of the release?

I ordered Tiger Woods 12 with the $25 credit at $59.95. TW12 is now $44.99 (no add'l credit).

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Since Tuesday was the release day, I believe that the $59.95 stands.

Right?

Note: TW 12 has not shipped yet. I ordered TW 12 on Saturday (3-26)

[quote name='dax93']I ordered Tiger Woods 12 with the $25 credit at $59.95. TW12 is now $44.99 (no add'l credit).

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah technically. If you ordered on release day that isnt a preorder, just an order.

[quote name='Railbird13']wait, wait, wait. How? I know you get the lowest price/best promo offer if you have preordered early and the price/promo changes, but even after it releases?

The real question is, did that price drop occur before the end of the day of the release?[/QUOTE]

No, the price drop didn't occur before the end of the day of the release. My order still has yet to ship after the price drop. I (and anyone else) get the $15 adjustment to reflect the lower price, because it hasn't left their shipping facility.

[quote name='jaide']No, the price drop didn't occur before the end of the day of the release. My order still has yet to ship after the price drop. I (and anyone else) get the $15 adjustment to reflect the lower price, because it hasn't left their shipping facility.[/QUOTE]
If the price drop did not happen until today, you're not entitled to the lower price just because it hasn't shipped.

[quote name='dax93']I ordered Tiger Woods 12 with the $25 credit at $59.95. TW12 is now $44.99 (no add'l credit).

Right?

Note: TW 12 has not shipped yet. I ordered TW 12 on Saturday (3-26)[/QUOTE]

If your pre-order hasn't shipped yet, you could contact Amazon to make your order reflect the lower price.

Amazon's policy states...

[quote name='ShockandAww']If the price drop did not happen until today, you're not entitled to the lower price just because it hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]

An amazon representative expressed the opposite to me when I asked. This is what he had to say:

Rep: IF you place the order for an item at $30.00 and the price drop to $28.00 before it ship out then just let us know, we will adjust the price.

That was just a general example that he used.

[quote name='dax93']Amazon's policy states...

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.[/QUOTE]
Right. So what it means is if the game had dropped in price by the end of the release day (3/29) you would get that price.

Apparently that is not what happened though. It dropped in price today, which is the day after release.

I'm not saying they wont give it to you regardless if you get lucky, but you're not technically covered under their pre-order price guarantee.

Edit: What the rep said may or may not be true, I havent seen a policy for that though. If anyone can verify that that'd be great. Anyway all you have to do to get the adjustment is ask and you'll get it regardless after a few tries.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Right. So what it means is if the game had dropped in price by the end of the release day (3/29) you would get that price.

Apparently that is not what happened though. It dropped in price today, which is the day after release.

I'm not saying they wont give it to you regardless if you get lucky, but you're not technically covered under their pre-order price guarantee.

Edit: What the rep said may or may not be true, I havent seen a policy for that though. All you have to do to get the adjustment is ask though and you'll get it regardless after a few tries.[/QUOTE]

Right. It is not in writing on the website. The representative just assured me that they would make adjustments in such a case. Another representative stated the same to me also. I only mentioned it in case there are other CAG's who can take advantage of that.

[quote name='jaide']Right. It is not in writing on the website. The representative just assured me that they would make adjustments in such a case. Another representative stated the same to me also. I only mentioned it in case there are other CAG's who can take advantage of that.[/QUOTE]
Oh. Yep Amazon is awesome like that. Congrats on the good deal.

Amazon has dropped the price on a number of games the day after release, as well as within a week of release. As I've emailed them about numerous times, it's a bit of an issue to have something drop right after release and not on the release day. If I remember right, they've done this with KZ 3, Bulletstorm and Crysis 2, as well as other titles.

If you go to camelcamelcamel.com, you should be able to see the pricing history on a number of games from their search system.

If they've dropped the price of a game the day after release and you haven't received your copy yet, or it hasn't shipped out yet, I would certainly email them and ask them to see if they can have the price adjusted.

I feel like I got hosed now by ordering TW12 thinking I was coming out ahead with the discount and DLC. But now I feel shafted! The price was slashed the day of release! I will try to get Amazon to offer the new discounted price but I'm not hopeful.

Edit: 2 failed chat transcripts and things were looking bleak. I tried one last time and got a rep. who was more than happy to credit me the $15!

This makes me curious about Portal 2... Regardless of whether the PS3 has the PC version in it, I don't really wanna pay $60 or even $40 AC for it.

I was able to get the difference w/ chat for Dragon Age 2, but I don't want to call in every time and beg them for credit. Seems kinda shady to double dip.

for those of you that pre ordered Tiger Woods, I just called and they credited me the difference of the price. Doesnt hurt to try to get the difference...

Did anyone else have any trouble using the tiger woods $5 (from the putter code) promotional code? Mine said it won't apply to this order, even though all I have is a video game.

[quote name='KansasFF']Did anyone else have any trouble using the tiger woods $5 (from the putter code) promotional code? Mine said it won't apply to this order, even though all I have is a video game.[/QUOTE]

I believe this code must be entered in at the time of original order. A note pops up that says it isn't good to retroactively apply. It's good for a year (at least mine is) so just use it next time you order from amazon.

I am debating should I get portal 2 from amazon ro try to go for kmart buy 2 get 60 dollar copupon deal. wish i can decide befor eno mk demo on 360 yet.

[quote name='Railbird13']I believe this code must be entered in at the time of original order. A note pops up that says it isn't good to retroactively apply. It's good for a year (at least mine is) so just use it next time you order from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yah I even tried it on a new order.

[quote name='KansasFF']Did anyone else have any trouble using the tiger woods $5 (from the putter code) promotional code? Mine said it won't apply to this order, even though all I have is a video game.[/QUOTE]my code wqouldnt work either, I called and she said they would get back to me within 2 days.

[quote name='vince726']my code wqouldnt work either, I called and she said they would get back to me within 2 days.[/QUOTE]
Mine doesn't work either.

[quote name='KansasFF']Did anyone else have any trouble using the tiger woods $5 (from the putter code) promotional code? Mine said it won't apply to this order, even though all I have is a video game.[/QUOTE]

Tired to use it today and it didn't work. I may give them a call tonight to see if they can get me started on getting a new one.

Sorry if I missed a post or something, but has anything been said about Amazon matching K-Mart's $120 in games purchase, get $60 credit?

[quote name='neuropunk']Sorry if I missed a post or something, but has anything been said about Amazon matching K-Mart's $120 in games purchase, get $60 credit?[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet either, but they usually end up matching these types of things.

No offense to Kmart and these deals. I love them, but I hate hate HATE my local Kmart. It's impossible to find an employee, and I don't think the AC works anymore. It's muggy and hot. Kind of a miserable shopping experience.

Yeah, my Kmart is intensely bad as well. We moved here about a year ago and thought I would give it a chance even though I hated my previous city's Kmart. This one is just as bad. I went 3 or 4 times in my first few months here and left pissed off each time. Each time I had to go to the customer service counter and fight to fix a mistake. I don't even look at their deals anymore. It's just not worth it.

Yeah. Kmart's deals are great but the Kmart stores suck. At least mine does.
PROTIP: Never buy from a company with a talking lightbulb as their mascot.

[quote name='fortunado']Went ahead and snagged Portal 2 PS3 pre-order. I'll be playing on Steam. :p[/QUOTE]
And then you send me said PS3 copy, right? Isn't that how that goes?

[quote name='vince726']my code wqouldnt work either, I called and she said they would get back to me within 2 days.[/QUOTE]

Did they get back to you?

I don't think I've ever got a response, and I don't have something myself currently to test...could anyone with these video game credits add a kinect to their cart and tell me if the credits work? I figure this is way easier than e-mailing them when who knows if they'll understand what I'm really asking(we all know dealing with CS over e-mail/chat/phone, even amazon's CS, is really iffy with specifics)

[quote name='Vortextk']I don't think I've ever got a response, and I don't have something myself currently to test...could anyone with these video game credits add a kinect to their cart and tell me if the credits work? I figure this is way easier than e-mailing them when who knows if they'll understand what I'm really asking(we all know dealing with CS over e-mail/chat/phone, even amazon's CS, is really iffy with specifics)[/QUOTE]

dont have any video game credits myself atm... but I'm pretty sure this used to work... of course now most of the credits that amazon is issuing are for use on almost anything, not just video games.

[quote name='neuropunk']Any news on Amazon price matching K-Mart's buy $120 get $60 credit on the 17th?[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling they won't. But if they do, I'm more than ready to fork over my cash, or my Gift Cards... :lol:

I went ahead and preordered L.A. Noire before they pull the $10 credit. There are very few games nowadays I feel confident plunking down $60 for...but Rockstar's got my trust!

[quote name='ivos']I do not see $20 credit for preordering Gears of War 3 anymore. Any news?[/QUOTE]

Huh, that's odd considering the promo was listed for almost a year or something. I think they will add it back though.

When do i get the pre order credit?

I read the FAQ and it says "The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days"

The product page says "The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order SHIPS"

So is it 2 days after the item is released and ships or 2 days after you pre order.

bread's done
Back