Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brian22']When do i get the pre order credit?

I read the FAQ and it says "The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days"

The product page says "The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order SHIPS"

So is it 2 days after the item is released and ships or 2 days after you pre order.[/QUOTE]

2 days after the game ships. They wouldn't send it 2 days after you pre order since you can cancel it and screw them out of $10. Hope that helps.

so did the reptile DLC expire for pre ordering MK? I click special offers and only see 10 bucks credit and movie rental

Can we say this is the best price for the game ATM?

[quote name='zackL04']so did the reptile DLC expire for pre ordering MK? I click special offers and only see 10 bucks credit and movie rental

Can we say this is the best price for the game ATM?[/QUOTE]

It's still mentioned in the special offer box and it says that codes will be sent out 2 days after shipment

[quote name='neuropunk']Any news on Amazon price matching K-Mart's buy $120 get $60 credit on the 17th?[/QUOTE]

Given their history, it's unlikely.

They've never really tried pushing sales via specific price point in order to get xx.00 promotional credit back.

I could see it being matched with a B2G1F though, so hope is high for that.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']He is probably referring to the face that getting the PS3 version nets you a voucher for the PC version as well.[/QUOTE]

^^^^
This

Well I think I am going to have to bite on Portal 2 tonight. I really did not want to because while I love portal, I have no clue how long the campaign is going to be but fuck, $20 credit is hard to pass up.

How long does amazon usually keep their pre-order offers available??? you guys think they will still have portal 2 with 20 GC this weekend?

Bit on Portal 2. I spend so much at Amazon that it's just like getting the game for $35 for me. Pretty sweet that it's no longer just $20 credit towards a new game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i had to cancel my order for Mortal Kombat to change my adress and now I can't get release date delivery :(

any way to change this?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem, it still says release date delivery on the product page, but I keep going back and forth with their outsourced CS in India and they don't know how to fix it :whistle2:(. If I can't get this release day, I will cancel. They said they'll waive my 2 day shipping charge, but that's not what I want.

[quote name='chair_home']I have the same problem, it still says release date delivery on the product page, but I keep going back and forth with their outsourced CS in India and they don't know how to fix it :whistle2:(. If I can't get this release day, I will cancel. They said they'll waive my 2 day shipping charge, but that's not what I want.[/QUOTE]

I've had it before where RDD never showed up/auto-updated, but the game still came on time. All Prime orders are grouped together, according to what I have been told -- barring the occasional shipping issue not related to RDD.

Bit on portal 2. No tax, free shipping and $20 off credit did it for me. Besides it's going to take maybe 6 months again for portal 2 to get this close in price and well I love fucking portal.

Worked out another way because some friends asked me last night if I was buying portal 2 because they want to watch me play it.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I've had it before where RDD never showed up/auto-updated, but the game still came on time. All Prime orders are grouped together, according to what I have been told -- barring the occasional shipping issue not related to RDD.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't have Prime anymore, and I don't want to risk it. After emailing them yet again, It gave me a shipping estimate of April 21 on One day shipping (they said they would waive the fee), but I really want the game on Tuesday. Best Buy is offering a $10 gc so I'll probably just pre-order it there, even if I have to pay tax.

Sorry Amazon, I still love you, but what is up?

[quote name='Trance Addix']I've had it before where RDD never showed up/auto-updated, but the game still came on time. All Prime orders are grouped together, according to what I have been told -- barring the occasional shipping issue not related to RDD.[/QUOTE]

What if there's no RDD on the page and it says 2 day shipping will take 4 days? Haha, I guess I'm just SOL, right?

Minor update: I sent a message to Amazongames on twitter about the situation, they told me they'll look into it. Here's hoping... if they resolve it, I'll order from them.

I almost pre-ordered Portal 2 from Amazon 10 minutes ago, but then I remembered to come here first and click the Portal 2 link in the OP so that CAG gets some affiliate money.

[quote name='chair_home']Minor update: I sent a message to Amazongames on twitter about the situation, they told me they'll look into it. Here's hoping... if they resolve it, I'll order from them.[/QUOTE]

cool I'll keep my fingers crossed.

[quote name='jondy1703']What if there's no RDD on the page and it says 2 day shipping will take 4 days? Haha, I guess I'm just SOL, right?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are Prime, everything should be good. I've had that before.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']cool I'll keep my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Release Date Delivery is back up! Gogogo. Also, its doing a weird thing where its actually giving me $5 extra off so I'm only paying $54.99. :whistle2:D Thank you Amazon!

[quote name='Elomari']I just pre ordered Portal 2 does the $20 credit go on to the game and make it $34?[/QUOTE]

it's like a giftcard that you get within 2 days (usually 12 hours) after amazon ships the game out...

[quote name='chair_home']Release Date Delivery is back up! Gogogo. Also, its doing a weird thing where its actually giving me $5 extra off so I'm only paying $54.99. :whistle2:D Thank you Amazon![/QUOTE]

Nothing weird there. Amazon is selling it for $54.99.

I ordered the PS3 version on Amazon, but have been intending to play the free PC download that comes with it. Now I see that it's likely coming out tonight on steam.

When I ordered it, it used some promotional credit from a past purchase. If I cancel my Amazon pre-order, will they credit my account the $25 worth of promotional credit that went towards the purchase?

[quote name='Machikunas']I ordered the PS3 version on Amazon, but have been intending to play the free PC download that comes with it. Now I see that it's likely coming out tonight on steam.

When I ordered it, it used some promotional credit from a past purchase. If I cancel my Amazon pre-order, will they credit my account the $25 worth of promotional credit that went towards the purchase?[/QUOTE]
It depends. If it is a promo credit that is now expired, you'll lose it. You'd have to check your email and see when that $25 credit expires.

If it isn't expired, it'll immediately go back into your account for you to use until it's expiration.

what the hell...
i decided to pre order Portal 2 for ps3.

i figured Valve was going to give me all the updates because of steamworks going into the ps3 and all as opposed to me getting a vanilla and hatless version of tf2 on the 360.

This should be interesting.
They never disappoint and i love Valve :D

The credit will go towards Uncharted 3 and i will definitely grab Battlefield 3 when it comes and those two will be last purchases of new games this year.
if i have to squeeze in a few bucks, then manybe i will grab Arkham City

[quote name='ShockandAww']It depends. If it is a promo credit that is now expired, you'll lose it. You'd have to check your email and see when that $25 credit expires.

If it isn't expired, it'll immediately go back into your account for you to use until it's expiration.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

It's a fresh credit so that should work.

[quote name='dino88']Nothing weird there. Amazon is selling it for $54.99.[/QUOTE]

You sure? MK has been coming up as $59.99 for me this whole time. When I placed the order again last night, it said: $59.99 + .99 RDD -$6 promotion, so there must be something going on. Unless you mistook my post as a Portal 2 post.

EDIT: I think I know what they did. I had been talking to CS for a long time, and they were going to waive my shipping charge for one day or two day delivery. They must have put it in as promotional discount, and it must have carried over to this order.

The Best Buy website now has Portal 2 pre-orders for xbox 360 and ps3 listed for $44.99 and PC pre-orders for 34.99. I just submitted the lower price to Amazon. If enough people submit the lower price maybe Amazon will match it.

@chair_home: I think you may had some credit laying around you forgot about. $59.99 for both PS3 and 360 standard editions for me.

[quote name='jaide']The Best Buy website now has Portal 2 pre-orders for xbox 360 and ps3 listed for $44.99 and PC pre-orders for 34.99. I just submitted the lower price to Amazon. If enough people submit the lower price maybe Amazon will match it.[/QUOTE]

I never did this before. What do I enter as shipping costs for portal 2?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I never did this before. What do I enter as shipping costs for portal 2?[/QUOTE]

I put $0.00, seeing as you could pick it up in-store.

Plus it makes it look like a better deal.

[quote name='chair_home']You sure? MK has been coming up as $59.99 for me this whole time. When I placed the order again last night, it said: $59.99 + .99 RDD -$6 promotion, so there must be something going on. Unless you mistook my post as a Portal 2 post.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought you were talking about Portal 2.

[quote name='Lucian']@chair_home: I think you may had some credit laying around you forgot about. $59.99 for both PS3 and 360 standard editions for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my bad. I think they gave me credit when they were giving me free two day shipping, then i cancelled it and banked the credit, then applied it to this order. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question about Pre-Orders. When exactly do they start charging? The day of the release. or is it a few days in advance?[/QUOTE]

They charge whenever it ships.

[quote name='dgwillia006']So that'd be release date? Or it varies? o_O?[/QUOTE]
Depends on the shipping speed you chose. I believe release day delivery ships on Monday, so you'll charged Monday. If you chose free super saver shipping it could be anywhere from release day to a week until it ships.

Ah okay, i did the 1 Day shipping on both. Never done game pre-orders on Amazon, and since i have 2 things coming out at once wanna make sure all the funds are set.

Thanks for quick reply

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ah okay, i did the 1 Day shipping on both. Never done game pre-orders on Amazon, and since i have 2 things coming out at once wanna make sure all the funds are set.

Thanks for quick reply[/QUOTE]

You chose one day shipping? Isn't that like $10 or something? Release day delivery is only 99 cents (or free with Prime).

[quote name='dino88']You chose one day shipping? Isn't that like $10 or something? Release day delivery is only 99 cents (or free with Prime).[/QUOTE]

Oh, it was Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition, for some reason it doesnt have Release Day shipping. And since im prime it only cost 4$ for 1 day

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh, it was Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition, for some reason it doesnt have Release Day shipping. And since im prime it only cost 4$ for 1 day[/QUOTE]

I was able to get my one day shipping charge for the tournament edition waived for having prime and for it not having release date delivery, you should contact support and try it.

sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get.:cool:

bread's done
Back