Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Great I used promotional credit to pay for some of LA Noire. I hope I don't have to cancel my order and re-order to get the $15 credit.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='L.A.Noire Product Page on Amazon.com']Promotion valid on all existing orders.[/QUOTE]
Pretty standard verbiage.

I'm really hoping Infamous 2 gets a credit. I haven't paid attention to amazon credit deals for long - do big first party sony titles usually get the credit deals?

[quote name='dkfugate']I'm really hoping Infamous 2 gets a credit. I haven't paid attention to amazon credit deals for long - do big first party sony titles usually get the credit deals?[/QUOTE]
Both Killzone 3 and Little Big Planet 2 got $20 credits I think. They may not have added those until just before or after release though, I cant remember.

[quote name='Xellos2099']For La noire, I think kmart is still having a better deal with 20 coupon and a free 20 dollar game.[/QUOTE]

if only there's a nearby store...

[quote name='ShockandAww']Both Killzone 3 and Little Big Planet 2 got $20 credits I think. They may not have added those until just before or after release though, I cant remember.[/QUOTE]

but usually the credits don't extend to their perspective CE/LE, that is unless you bother the amazon cus. rep. about it.

yeah killzone 2, dead space2, lbp2, mass effect 2, bulletstorm2, all added $20promo credit 2 days before release date. so here is hoping they bump this to 20 promo for la noire to compete with kmart, but i think they are just pricematching tru on this one.

Got an alert that Brink is $54.99 now for consoles along with the $10 pre-order bonus. I checked Amazon but my order still says $59.99, will they update the difference on their own or do you have to request the lower price?

Anybody know how long the LA Noire credit will last? Does it usually last until right before release? I wanted to wait and use my Brink credit towards it later this week...

[quote name='JKSonic']Anybody know how long the LA Noire credit will last? Does it usually last until right before release? I wanted to wait and use my Brink credit towards it later this week...[/QUOTE]

you could pre order both games right now and not have to do a thing as Amazon will use the $10 brink credit on its own when they ship you L.A Noir.As gift cards and promotional credits are always the first thing amazon takes when it charges you for a purchase and then its your credit card.

[quote name='youenvy']you could pre order both games right now and not have to do a thing as Amazon will use the $10 brink credit on its own when they ship you L.A Noir.As gift cards and promotional credits are always the first thing amazon takes when it charges you for a purchase and then its your credit card.[/QUOTE]

Ah that's cool, thanks for the info... The problem is I only have $50 credit left so I wanted to use the rest when it arrived. Maybe my trade-in's will process today and I won't have to worry about it!

[quote name='youenvy']you could pre order both games right now and not have to do a thing as Amazon will use the $10 brink credit on its own when they ship you L.A Noir.As gift cards and promotional credits are always the first thing amazon takes when it charges you for a purchase and then its your credit card.[/QUOTE]
That's true when placing an order, but Amazon won't apply new credit to an existing order without you telling them to. With a gift card, you can do it through the online ordering system, but you'll need to call CS to add a new game promo credit to an existing preorder.

how do I separate promotional credit and trade in credit? I have $20 in trade in credit and $20 in promotional credit when I bought portal 2. I want to buy LA noire and I want to use just $20 in credit but I'm forced to use all $40. Is there a way to separate them?

[quote name='JJBro1']how do I separate promotional credit and trade in credit? I have $20 in trade in credit and $20 in promotional credit when I bought portal 2. I want to buy LA noire and I want to use just $20 in credit but I'm forced to use all $40. Is there a way to separate them?[/QUOTE]
Do you mean gift certificate (that you received for trade-in)? They are about the only thing that can be applied to an existing order, so use it to your advantage.

Go and pre-order something that won't ship for some time without applying any credits. Then open that order, and there should be a box that asks if you want to apply your existing GC to it, click yes. Now that order has your GC applied to it. Go and order something that you want with the promo credits. Finally cancel the pre-order and the GC will return back to your account.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's true when placing an order, but Amazon won't apply new credit to an existing order without you telling them to. With a gift card, you can do it through the online ordering system, but you'll need to call CS to add a new game promo credit to an existing preorder.[/QUOTE]
I don't think Amazon GC can actually apply a new promo credit to an existing order. However, they could reduce the price of the item(s) in the order by the value of the promo credit and then cancel the credit. It may achieve the result you want but the caveat is that if the price goes down later on (for pre-order), you could have a real problem price adjusting it since the price has already been lowered artificially.

[quote name='eau']Do you mean gift certificate (that you received for trade-in)? They are about the only thing that can be applied to an existing order, so use it to your advantage.

Go and pre-order something that won't ship for some time without applying any credits. Then open that order, and there should be a box that asks if you want to apply your existing GC to it, click yes. Now that order has your GC applied to it. Go and order something that you want with the promo credits. Finally cancel the pre-order and the GC will return back to your account.

I don't think Amazon GC can actually apply a new promo credit to an existing order. However, they could reduce the price of the item(s) in the order by the value of the promo credit and then cancel the credit. It may achieve the result you want but the caveat is that if the price goes down later on (for pre-order), you could have a real problem price adjusting it since the price has already been lowered artificially.[/QUOTE]
thanks it worked!

[quote name='cabbageninja']Amazon just sent me two $10 promotional credits for purchasing Brink. Anyone else get
this?

LA Noire for 40 bucks here I go :)[/QUOTE]

I got this as well but haven't tried it yet if it really is $20. Did anyone get the code yet for the Psycho Pack?

[quote name='cabbageninja']Amazon just sent me two $10 promotional credits for purchasing Brink. Anyone else get
this?

LA Noire for 40 bucks here I go :)[/QUOTE]

I got one and then two just now. Guess I better use them quick before they realize they effed up.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']I got one and then two just now. Guess I better use them quick before they realize they effed up.[/QUOTE]

Same here ended up with 3 total $10 credits for brink 1 yesterday then two today right after each other.

[quote name='n00bie']Looks like Amazon pulled the free figurine for Lego Pirates.[/QUOTE]

Looks like there's a screw-up with this figurine. Here's the e-mail I got from Amazon:

"Thank you for purchasing LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have received a $25.99 credit toward the redemption of a LEGO Pirates of The Caribbean mini-figurine."

I went to redeem my "$25.99" credit and lo and behold it was a $2.99 credit. That's fine since I figured it was a mistake on Amazon's behalf anyway. However, after I placed the order for the figurine, I noticed that the additional $10 credit that Amazon was offering had now become a $7.01 credit in my account. So the $2.99 promotion for the figurine actually came out of the $10 promotional credit. I e-mailed Amazon's CS right away, hoping to at least get my full $10 credit as well as the figurine for free, but getting a $25.99 credit as stated in the e-mail wouldn't be so bad... :)

UPDATE: I just got an e-mail back saying that Amazon was going to issue me a $23.00 certificate since it was supposed to be $25.99 originally. Lucky me I guess.

For those not happy with Brink (ps3): I just chatted with amazon cs. They are letting me return my opened copy of Brink because of the problem of not being able to send out the codes for the psycho pack. Much better than trading it in.

sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get. :)

[quote name='moumou1210']sweet...Dragon Age + ECA discount and Uncharted 2 + ECA discount....throw in the additional $30 bonus trade ins for me...too hard to pass up with the additional $15 in GC I will get. :)[/QUOTE]
Why the $%@$ does this post keep popping up?!?

EDIT: Ah, must be a bot pulling and reposting random comments. Awesome.

In for LA Noire, use up those credits and get some more. I hope they don't ever stop the preorder credits, I don't want junk like skins and crap from GS and BB.

I love Amazon, and I love CAG and Cheapy. Dude, if you ever come to Columbus OH I'll throw you a party.

it would be so awesome if Amazon gave some credit for Earth Defense Force...i would be all over it if they did!!!

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']In for LA Noire, use up those credits and get some more. I hope they don't ever stop the preorder credits, I don't want junk like skins and crap from GS and BB.

I love Amazon, and I love CAG and Cheapy. Dude, if you ever come to Columbus OH I'll throw you a party.[/QUOTE]

I have rolling preorder and game-reduced credits :bouncy:

LA noire is costing me 9.99..I'll roll it over($15 to start now?) onto NCAA '12 I believe is next. Then by the end of may when it price drops I'll CS and get it added as a credit and continue the cycle I've had for five games.

[quote name='caponesgun']I have rolling preorder and game-reduced credits :bouncy:

LA noire is costing me 9.99..I'll roll it over($15 to start now?) onto NCAA '12 I believe is next. Then by the end of may when it price drops I'll CS and get it added as a credit and continue the cycle I've had for five games.[/QUOTE]

people like you will make Amazon's CS go to shit

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']anyone know if the video game credit can be used on psn cards that are given as codes to you by amazon?[/QUOTE]
Supposedly, yes. But it would be much appreciated if you would try this so we could actually confirm and update the FAQs.

[quote name='Lucian']Supposedly, yes. But it would be much appreciated if you would try this so we could actually confirm and update the FAQs.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'll probably try and post the result here.
i'm getting the $15 from preordering la noire and i've nothing in mind currently so i'll probably just use it on that if i can't think of anything.

i would use it on portal 2 but i'm not sure if it'll remain $39.99 next week which is when i'd get that credit.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Looks like there's a screw-up with this figurine. Here's the e-mail I got from Amazon:

"Thank you for purchasing LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have received a $25.99 credit toward the redemption of a LEGO Pirates of The Caribbean mini-figurine."

I went to redeem my "$25.99" credit and lo and behold it was a $2.99 credit. That's fine since I figured it was a mistake on Amazon's behalf anyway. However, after I placed the order for the figurine, I noticed that the additional $10 credit that Amazon was offering had now become a $7.01 credit in my account. So the $2.99 promotion for the figurine actually came out of the $10 promotional credit. I e-mailed Amazon's CS right away, hoping to at least get my full $10 credit as well as the figurine for free, but getting a $25.99 credit as stated in the e-mail wouldn't be so bad... :)

UPDATE: I just got an e-mail back saying that Amazon was going to issue me a $23.00 certificate since it was supposed to be $25.99 originally. Lucky me I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. Did you have to pay for shipping on the figure? When I try and place my order it takes off the $2.99 but tries to charge me $5 for shipping it. :(

[quote name='dusbbal2008']people like you will make Amazon's CS go to shit[/QUOTE]

Yup. Do people enjoy scamming Amazon CS into giving them credits? EVERYTHING is logged on your account. If you're calling CS because you have an issue with every single order and asking for a refund, well good luck.

I hope they flag and ban your account.

Amazon will ban repeat offenders, but it's more likely that they will just stop giving you refunds. I know that several of the partial refunds I've requested for damaged or mis-listed games, the CSR has actually mentioned that they check my history.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Amazon will ban repeat offenders, but it's more likely that they will just stop giving you refunds. I know that several of the partial refunds I've requested for damaged or mis-listed games, the CSR has actually mentioned that they check my history.

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']anyone know if the video game credit can be used on psn cards that are given as codes to you by amazon?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I used a $15 credit from a game and used it to get a PSN $20 card for $5.

I don't remember which game it was, but it did work. :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Yup. Do people enjoy scamming Amazon CS into giving them credits? EVERYTHING is logged on your account. If you're calling CS because you have an issue with every single order and asking for a refund, well good luck.

I hope they flag and ban your account.[/QUOTE]

Getting banned from amazon is one of my biggest fears lol That's why i only contact CS if it's absolutely necessary. On a side note, i'm really hoping infamous 2 gets some sort of credit before release.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Getting banned from amazon is one of my biggest fears lol That's why i only contact CS if it's absolutely necessary. On a side note, i'm really hoping infamous 2 gets some sort of credit before release.[/QUOTE]

It will. At least a $10 to $15 one eventually as Buy/OS/Target/TRU..SOMEONE will offer some kind of pre-sale bonus and Amazon will match it in some way.

As for credits and "getting banned" by Amazon it really depends on your business with Amazon. I have been in contact with Amazon CS a bit lately for various issues but I also have a couple dozen orders in that same time period I have had no issue or attempted credit/refund on. As long as your account is not excessively abusing their policies, you'll be fine. I've had a few credits for "One time occasions" but for the most part I don't need Amazon CS to make credits happen. I buy a video game, it goes down within the 30 days and I ask for a credit. So far, I've gotten it and never even had them say anything about it.

It's relatively simple to be a good customer w/o getting "flagged" :cool:

[quote name='caponesgun']It will. At least a $10 to $15 one eventually as Buy/OS/Target/TRU..SOMEONE will offer some kind of pre-sale bonus and Amazon will match it in some way.

As for credits and "getting banned" by Amazon it really depends on your business with Amazon. I have been in contact with Amazon CS a bit lately for various issues but I also have a couple dozen orders in that same time period I have had no issue or attempted credit/refund on. As long as your account is not excessively abusing their policies, you'll be fine. I've had a few credits for "One time occasions" but for the most part I don't need Amazon CS to make credits happen. I buy a video game, it goes down within the 30 days and I ask for a credit. So far, I've gotten it and never even had them say anything about it.

It's relatively simple to be a good customer w/o getting "flagged" :cool:[/QUOTE]

Every time they give you a credit, it's an "exception" and outside their policy. It's arguable whether it's abusing or not (I've done it, but not past ~5 days after), 30 days seems a very long time for them to guarantee a price.

Post-Order Price Match Policy

With the exception of TVs, we do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Wow did not no Amazon added a 10 credit to Arkham City and its 56.99. I already preordered at GS cause of the Challenge map.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Every time they give you a credit, it's an "exception" and outside their policy. It's arguable whether it's abusing or not (I've done it, but not past ~5 days after), 30 days seems a very long time for them to guarantee a price.[/QUOTE]

Most retailers (Wal-Mart and BB I believe are 30, Target is 90 days) offer a 30 day policy on price-matching themselves on video games as that is the return policy. It's not abuse in the least, if I spend 60 bucks on something and you have it 45 in ten days I expect the difference back. The only time I look for price matches is video games, everything else I let sit at purchase price..even if it goes down. THAT is just the market but video games are fairly expensive and prone to price changes in the ten to fifteen bucks.

This post is getting lengthy so I'll let it die.

[quote name='caponesgun']Most retailers (Wal-Mart and BB I believe are 30, Target is 90 days) offer a 30 day policy on price-matching themselves on video games as that is the return policy. It's not abuse in the least, if I spend 60 bucks on something and you have it 45 in ten days I expect the difference back. The only time I look for price matches is video games, everything else I let sit at purchase price..even if it goes down. THAT is just the market but video games are fairly expensive and prone to price changes in the ten to fifteen bucks.

This post is getting lengthy so I'll let it die.[/QUOTE]

I understand for B&M stores, I was just commenting on Amazon's "policy." Like I said, I haven't had any issues doing the same within a reasonable time so hopefully it's not something they are looking for when potentially flagging an account.

bread's done
Back