Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man la noire kicks a** so far ! Love the graphics and atmosphere, the investigations, chases and interogating make me feel like a real detective. The facial annimations are stunning too ! I also can't wait to get more back story on the main character. What's everyone else's opinion on the game so far ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man la noire kicks a** so far ! Love the graphics and atmosphere, the investigations, chases and interogating make me feel like a real detective. The facial annimations are stunning too ! I also can't wait to get more back story on the main character. What's everyone else's opinion on the game so far ?[/QUOTE]
I'll let you know when I actually get the game today (damn UPS delay). But at least I got a total of $30 credit on it. ;)

[quote name='Jschmuck2']Everyone who ordered by 5/17 is getting an extra $5 in credit because Amazon bumped the credit up to $20 today![/QUOTE]

Yup, already got an email for this. So I'm up to $25 in credit and my game is out for delivery today.

[quote name='Jschmuck2']Everyone who ordered by 5/17 is getting an extra $5 in credit because Amazon bumped the credit up to $20 today![/QUOTE]

Yea I got it too ! The sucky thing is that I used the 15 credit already to order infamous 2. If I waited a day I could have used these 5 credits on it. Now what to use it on ..... oh well, I didn't pay anything for infamous 2 anyway :) oh I also got refunded a dollar as well

[quote name='strait edge follower']Yea I got it too ! The sucky thing is that I used the 15 credit already to order infamous 2. If I waited a day I could have used these 5 credits on it. Now what to use it on ..... oh well, I didn't pay anything for infamous 2 anyway :) oh I also got refunded a dollar as well[/QUOTE]

Why not cancel and reorder?

[quote name='strait edge follower']If I do that, will my promo credit and My trade in credit get refunded ? If so, how long does it take ?[/QUOTE]

I've done it before and the credit just instantly returns for your use.

As much as I want to buy Infamous 2, I'm going to gamefly it. The first one took me by surprise and was an instant classic for me...which means it has nowhere to go but down. If it's great, I'll buy it..but Homefront was enough of a dud to scare me from impulse-buying new releases.

[quote name='caponesgun']As much as I want to buy Infamous 2, I'm going to gamefly it. The first one took me by surprise and was an instant classic for me...which means it has nowhere to go but down. If it's great, I'll buy it..but Homefront was enough of a dud to scare me from impulse-buying new releases.[/QUOTE]

From experience, Sony produced games are much safer bets than games like homefront

Did anyone else preorder The Witcher 2 from Amazon and get their email for Ultimate Swordsman Suit? I never got it so I emailed Amazon and they sent me an email with a code with 16 characters.. however it doesn't fit. If you also got this code, how many characters is it from Amazon?

I preordered through gamestop.com. I want to cancel that and order from amazon. There is no option to cancel on their website. Anyone?

[quote name='GameHobo']I preordered through gamestop.com. I want to cancel that and order from amazon. There is no option to cancel on their website. Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sucks to cancel items with. I have always had to call customer service.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Man la noire kicks a** so far ! Love the graphics and atmosphere, the investigations, chases and interogating make me feel like a real detective. The facial annimations are stunning too ! I also can't wait to get more back story on the main character. What's everyone else's opinion on the game so far ?[/QUOTE]

I love the game, but I feel like every street crime devolves into a shootout. I'd love to arrest people rather than having to shoot them; I've even tried to tackle suspect with guns but it won't let me, or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is it the minute that a suspect fires shots, that I'm supposed to take them out?

Also, anyone think that Infamous 2 is going to offer credit? I'm buying it regardless, but I was just wondering.

[quote name='powersurge']I'm having the same problem. Did you have to pay for shipping on the figure? When I try and place my order it takes off the $2.99 but tries to charge me $5 for shipping it. :([/QUOTE]

I know it's probably a little late but no, I didn't pay any shipping on the figure but I'm also a prime member so I don't know if that helps. On a side note, I really thought the figure was going to be a lot bigger. I haven't seen LEGOs in forever so maybe I forgot their size but the figure is 1 1/2 inches tall. I might wind up selling it if I can turn a profit because honestly I'm going to lose it. There's really no way for me to display this thing it's so tiny.

[quote name='doreo503']I love the game, but I feel like every street crime devolves into a shootout. I'd love to arrest people rather than having to shoot them; I've even tried to tackle suspect with guns but it won't let me, or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is it the minute that a suspect fires shots, that I'm supposed to take them out?

Also, anyone think that Infamous 2 is going to offer credit? I'm buying it regardless, but I was just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Absolutly. All big releases do from what I've seen and with all the gift card offers from kmart,bestbuy and others they will match ( amazon is really aggressive with their price and deal matching. Just look with la noire, they changed the credit deal twice ) killzone 3 and little big planet both got 20 dollar credit a few days before release so Im very Sure infamous will get it too. i WANT THIS GAME !

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I went ahead and grabbed LA Noire before the $20 deal goes away.[/QUOTE]

As soon as it does expect a price drop...I'm waiting as well so I can IM amazon and get the difference back like i've done for four straight games :bouncy:

infamous 2 is my next game, probably kmart because of josh but if amazon offers a promo balance I'll bite if its > 10

[quote name='caponesgun']As soon as it does expect a price drop...I'm waiting as well so I can IM amazon and get the difference back like i've done for four straight games :bouncy:

infamous 2 is my next game, probably kmart because of josh but if amazon offers a promo balance I'll bite if its > 10[/QUOTE]

enjoy your upcoming permanent ban from amazon

[quote name='SHOaks']AMAZON. INFAMOUS 2 $20 credit now please.[/QUOTE]
Dammit you got me excited for a minute. Really I dont think there's any way this game is going to get the UC3 beta, all that DLC, and a $20 credit but I sure hope it does. Even a $10 credit though would probably convince me to go with Amazon over Kmart on this one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Dammit you got me excited for a minute. Really I dont think there's any way this game is going to get the UC3 beta, all that DLC, and a $20 credit but I sure hope it does. Even a $10 credit though would probably convince me to go with Amazon over Kmart on this one.[/QUOTE]

What's with the 4 other pre-order DLCs that Amazon is advertising? Is that Amazon-exclusive? I haven't seen any other retailer mention it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']What's with the 4 other pre-order DLCs that Amazon is advertising? Is that Amazon-exclusive? I haven't seen any other retailer mention it.[/QUOTE]

I think a few retailers have it but Amazon was just the first to put it up, the developers have an update about it on their blog

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']What's with the 4 other pre-order DLCs that Amazon is advertising? Is that Amazon-exclusive? I haven't seen any other retailer mention it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Amazon is the first to mention it but Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Gamestop will all have these extra 4 pre order bonuses with both the regular and hero editions (it will come with every Hero Edition, preorder or not).

One thing that was mentioned is that you wont be able to use a different skin and one of these extra weapons at the same time. So no Reaper + Sly Cane or anything like that. Still pretty cool pre-order bonus.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']Crap, so whats the consensus on the LA Noire $20 credit deal? Think it'll be gone by midnight tonight?[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually doesn't pull it exactly at midnight but at some point Sunday the credit will be gone and the price will be dropped.

Has there ever been a decent game come out that didn't have at least a 10 dollar credit in the last year? I was going to get Dirt 3 and noticed it didn't have any credits and I can't remember the last game I bought at full price on release day that didn't have any credits or at least a lower price.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']enjoy your upcoming permanent ban from amazon[/QUOTE]

:lol:
I spend $5000 or so a year on Amazon, me being snippy over less then $300 a year isn't going to get them upset in any capacity. Last year I spent seven grand on amazon and only had $340 in returns or credits total.

yeah, perma ban here I come :booty:

[quote name='abhinav']Amazon usually doesn't pull it exactly at midnight but at some point Sunday the credit will be gone and the price will be dropped.[/QUOTE]

For the record the credit is gone, but 59.99 price remains. May wait til midweek...

Wow. 7 grand?! I think I spend like $600 or so/year and got around $100 in returns lol. So your ratio isn't that big. Now if you exclusively buy and scam Amazon, it's a different story.

[quote name='scarhawk']Wow. 7 grand?! I think I spend like $600 or so/year and got around $100 in returns lol. So your ratio isn't that big. Now if you exclusively buy and scam Amazon, it's a different story.[/QUOTE]

I buy everything on Amazon, pretty much. Textbooks, lawn and garden stuff, furniture or video games, movies/music..etc. Tax free and a flat shipping right to my house is a huge factor.

I have the Amazon card so I get good rewards, I didn't include that in my money spent or credits as that's independent and automatic. 5000 points == fifty dollars.

7000 * 3 = 21000 /5000 = $200 more of credits from my card.

A bit OT, but Amazon e-mailed me a $5 gift card code for UPS shipping delay on LA Noire since I didn't get it on release day. So my total credits from buying the game is up to $40. Crazy...

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']amazon you need to put credit on inFAMOUS 2! come on amazon! come on![/QUOTE]
You should be cheering on Walmart to put up a credit, that way Amazon matches :p

[quote name='wolve']A bit OT, but Amazon e-mailed me a $5 gift card code for UPS shipping delay on LA Noire since I didn't get it on release day. So my total credits from buying the game is up to $40. Crazy...[/QUOTE]

I got this today as well! Although mine is "only" up to $30 now.

Can't complain!

Hopefully they add an Infamous 2 credit before the game releases and not afterwards when I will have already bought it at Kmart...

DO YOU HEAR WHAT IM SAYING AMAZON??

[quote name='caponesgun']:lol:
I spend $5000 or so a year on Amazon, me being snippy over less then $300 a year isn't going to get them upset in any capacity. Last year I spent seven grand on amazon and only had $340 in returns or credits total.

yeah, perma ban here I come :booty:[/QUOTE]

Regardless of how much you spend, I don't think Amazon would ban you for doing this, but you still are scamming them.

The reason the price drops is because the credit is removed. Not for people whine to customer service so they can double dip.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hopefully they add an Infamous 2 credit before the game releases and not afterwards when I will have already bought it at Kmart...

DO YOU HEAR WHAT IM SAYING AMAZON??[/QUOTE]

I may or may not devise a bot to link to a website citing they have a promo offerd on the item to see what happens.

Then have that script run roughly two thousands times to see what would happen
I'm a bored nerd OKAY?

I emailed amazon.com asking if the 20 dollar credit for Gears of War 3 would be extended to the Limited and Epic editions. I got an email back stating the vendor or whoever the fuck didn't give the okay for it, but amazon....included a ten dollar promotional certificate for my next order as....compensation I suppose? Awful nice of them. Either way I was buying it one way or the other on Amazon.

[quote name='DKRobbie']I emailed amazon.com asking if the 20 dollar credit for Gears of War 3 would be extended to the Limited and Epic editions. I got an email back stating the vendor or whoever the fuck didn't give the okay for it, but amazon....included a ten dollar promotional certificate for my next order as....compensation I suppose? Awful nice of them. Either way I was buying it one way or the other on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I can't understand. Why the hell the credits and EXCLUSIVE DLC included in the regular editions don't extend to the CE/LEs. It makes it such a less enticing purchase.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']That's one thing I can't understand. Why the hell the credits and EXCLUSIVE DLC included in the regular editions don't extend to the CE/LEs. It makes it such a less enticing purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's very simple. The "limited" edition content whether that's physical items, a box, DLC or whatever is enough to encourage people to pre-order it. It's the regular editions that they have trouble encouraging people to pre-order and they give out credits to encourage people to buy early instead of waiting a few weeks for the inevitable price drop. While I would love to get credits for all the LE/CEs I buy, it really would be a waste of Amazon's marketing money as I know I buy them anyway and so does most everyone else who is interested in collector's editions.

bread's done
Back