Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still holding out preordering anywhere else hoping amazon will offer skyrim and battlefield 3 a credit. Come on amazon! Also, if I preorder now and they offer a credit later, do I get the credit or no?

[quote name='Woot1337']I'm still holding out preordering anywhere else hoping amazon will offer skyrim and battlefield 3 a credit. Come on amazon! Also, if I preorder now and they offer a credit later, do I get the credit or no?[/QUOTE]

its 3 months early, it'll come eventually.

[quote name='yahoosale14']its 3 months early, it'll come eventually.[/QUOTE]

agreed

UC3 will also have credit but i would not know bout Dead Island.

SOOO MANY GAMMES SOO LITTLE TIMEE (MONEYY TOO)

[quote name='Woot1337']I'm still holding out preordering anywhere else hoping amazon will offer skyrim and battlefield 3 a credit. Come on amazon! Also, if I preorder now and they offer a credit later, do I get the credit or no?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you would get the credit. Amazon's policy is that if a credit gets added later or the price drops lower temporarily, any existing pre-orders will have the credit and/or the lowest price applied.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, but how is this relevant in any way to Amazon credit deals?[/QUOTE]

Current Amazon
Dragon Age 2 $35
Sims 3 $32

$60 game w/$10-$20 credit
vs
Amazon after matching PC Richard
$54 game w/$10-$20 credit

+$6 per game

*facepalm*, just realized amazon doesn't take paypal and i need to get rid of some paypal cash. do any other retailers do release day shipping that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

[quote name='Jodou']I get the feeling we're going to be shafted when they add a credit after they come out.[/QUOTE]

It will be like infamous 2. We were waiting for credit to be added to infamous 2 but it never came :(

Do we have/want a thread for buy.com points bonuses? They seem to be offering more and more points with game preorders now.

Points with them turn to credit after the 45 day return period expires, which sounds awfully like Best Buy Rewards. Might be worth recording to keep tabs on alternatives but I am too lazy to do it and I'm still steaming about the Catherine artbook cock-up.

Wow, $20 bonus for NHL! Seems like they've done bonuses for all the EA Sports titles except for NHL the past few years. Definitely in for one.

Seems like they're going to wait for Best Buy/Walmart to make the first move with bonus credits on the bigger multi-platform titles (Battlefield 3 and MW3 specifically).

[quote name='Master Troll']Seems like they're going to wait for Best Buy/Walmart to make the first move with bonus credits on the bigger multi-platform titles (Battlefield 3 and MW3 specifically).[/QUOTE]

yeah -.- although buy.com does have their super points for those titles, so if people ask to match it, it should go up.

LOL, in what context was your quote referring to?

[quote name='yahoosale14']yeah -.- although buy.com does have their super points for those titles, so if people ask to match it, it should go up.

LOL, in what context was your quote referring to?[/QUOTE]
I was making a serious assumption, don't let my username throw you off. ;)

considering NHL this year just because of the credit.

would be worth it in all likelihood, and all my other games this fall aside from NBA are paid off with credit or otherwise already..

[quote name='ShockandAww']Rage has a $10 credit now.[/QUOTE]

Did Amazon change their language again? The block of text on the main item page says nothing about applying to pre-orders already placed and in looking at their terms and conditions on the click through, it is not clear if they will apply it or not. It says it only applies if purchased during the promo period, but pre-ceding orders are not excluded?

[quote name='sTaTIx']Looks like it's a lost cause for Dead Island and Deus Ex 3.[/QUOTE]

dead island will be $20-$30 by december/january/

I pre-ordered FIFA 12 for PS3, but there's no 99 cent release day delivery. Is that something that might be added before the game's release?

I tried customer service asking specifically if they were going to have 99 cent release day delivery for the title and I got a long winded response saying that the game is currently out of stock (though it doesn't drop for two months).

I always heard Amazon has the best customer service, but it looks like they didn't even read my email this time.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did Amazon change their language again? The block of text on the main item page says nothing about applying to pre-orders already placed and in looking at their terms and conditions on the click through, it is not clear if they will apply it or not. It says it only applies if purchased during the promo period, but pre-ceding orders are not excluded?[/QUOTE]
I imagine it will apply to any preorder. It is odd that it doesnt have the normal "all existing pre-orders" line though. I checked and Gears 3 doesnt have that line either. Dunno probably nothing to worry about but hopefully that gets fixed.

[quote name='yahoosale14']dead island will be $20-$30 by december/january/[/QUOTE]

You apparently have a lower expectation for Dead Island's sales success than I do.

Either that, or you just wanted to talk out of your ass for a moment.

[quote name='sTaTIx']You apparently have a lower expectation for Dead Island's sales success than I do.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree I think Dead Island is going to do pretty well. Highly doubt anything under $30. maybe $35 - $40 for black friday but still it's a game I'd rather have day one just because I'm interested in it and want to support new IPs.

[quote name='sTaTIx']You apparently have a lower expectation for Dead Island's sales success than I do.

Either that, or you just wanted to talk out of your ass for a moment.[/QUOTE]

i dont think it will hold up at the $60 price tag. i dont think it'll be a blockbuster hit either.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did Amazon change their language again? The block of text on the main item page says nothing about applying to pre-orders already placed and in looking at their terms and conditions on the click through, it is not clear if they will apply it or not. It says it only applies if purchased during the promo period, but pre-ceding orders are not excluded? [/QUOTE]

[quote name='tranceFusion']It looks like the Rage $10 credit is gone?[/QUOTE]

Its there, look at where it says "Special Offers & Product Promotions." Its not displayed in the Pre-Order Bonus box with the the Anarchy Edition descriptor (yet).

rage10credit.jpg

What's everyone feel the chances of Lord of the Rings: War In The North for being in the $30 range quick? I have it pre-ordered and wit hthe $20 credit I feel like it might still be worth it... but if it's going to drop to like $30 by January or February maybe its not worth getting at launch then.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'm 99.9% sure LoTR: WiTN will be in the $30 range by Jan/Feb., at the latest.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking.. and with my backlog that I will be in at that point, I figured I might as well cancel it the pre-order and just wait till then to get it. If I can get it for less than $36 in Jan or Feb I might as well do that.

I'm waiting for at least a 10 dollar credit for Deus Ex 3 or Dead Island. If they don't give that then I'll wait for a price of at least 49.99 which I bet is quite soon.

[quote name='fmwross2']I pre-ordered FIFA 12 for PS3, but there's no 99 cent release day delivery. Is that something that might be added before the game's release?

I tried customer service asking specifically if they were going to have 99 cent release day delivery for the title and I got a long winded response saying that the game is currently out of stock (though it doesn't drop for two months).

I always heard Amazon has the best customer service, but it looks like they didn't even read my email this time.[/QUOTE]
try chatting with them for best results

i too am waiting for RRD

[quote name='Boty_27']One question. When you pre-order a game from Amazon that has credit involve,when do you actually get the credit ?[/QUOTE]
Within 2 days after game ships. If you send game back the credit amount is deducted from the amount you get back.

I preordered Skyrim for 360 because it's $54.xx right now, but it doesn't have a credit deal attached to it. I'm assuming it will at some point, but when it is, will it automatically be attached to my ordered? I know about the low price guarantee, but I'm not sure how it works with credit deals being added after the fact.

I'm debating what to do. I have about $50 in amazon credit. I want to use it to buy a game with a $20 promo discount, so I can use that discount to pre-order Skyrim. I'm not really interested in any of the games currently attached to the $20 promos. For the most part I'm betting that Madden and NHL will see price drops pretty quickly... EA is always running those "if we get enough likes on our facebook post" 40% off coupons.

Does anyone think I could pre-order Madden for the $20 credit... and then take it to a Walmart for store credit (no receipt?) that I could simply use for Groceries or something?

[quote name='Shoot2scre']I'm debating what to do. I have about $50 in amazon credit. I want to use it to buy a game with a $20 promo discount, so I can use that discount to pre-order Skyrim. I'm not really interested in any of the games currently attached to the $20 promos. For the most part I'm betting that Madden and NHL will see price drops pretty quickly... EA is always running those "if we get enough likes on our facebook post" 40% off coupons.

Does anyone think I could pre-order Madden for the $20 credit... and then take it to a Walmart for store credit (no receipt?) that I could simply use for Groceries or something?[/QUOTE]

Not the best idea to publicly discuss return fraud.

[quote name='Shoot2scre']I'm debating what to do. I have about $50 in amazon credit. I want to use it to buy a game with a $20 promo discount, so I can use that discount to pre-order Skyrim. I'm not really interested in any of the games currently attached to the $20 promos. For the most part I'm betting that Madden and NHL will see price drops pretty quickly... EA is always running those "if we get enough likes on our facebook post" 40% off coupons.

Does anyone think I could pre-order Madden for the $20 credit... and then take it to a Walmart for store credit (no receipt?) that I could simply use for Groceries or something?[/QUOTE]

Probably wouldn't work since Amazon and Wal-mart have different exclusives for their DLC. That might mean the UPC numbers are different.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Not the best idea to publicly discuss return fraud.[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask for your opinion or your moral ass-hattery. Just whether anyone has had any success doing something like this. Additionally, this is NOT fraud (at least not by my States legal definition... http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(nl...g.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=mcl-750-356d ).

It may be dishonest, it may be taking advantage of Walmart's return policy, but it is NOT fraud. Walmart allows a certain number of returns per year without a receipt. That is THEIR policy.

The only possible way you could get prosecuted for Fraud in this hypothetical (in Michigan) would be Under MCL 750.356d (c), which reads: "With intent to defraud, obtains or attempts to obtain money or property from the store as a refund or exchange for property that was not paid for and belongs to the store, if the amount of money, or the value of the property, obtained or attempted to be obtained is less than $200.00." ... One is guilty of Retail Fraud Third Degree.

Seeing as how the item IS being paid for and since the item DOES NOT belong to the store... the hypothetical I proposed is not fraud.

But I digress.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']you are scum[/QUOTE]

Maybe... but certainly not because my last post here...

I mean, it must be difficult for you to comprehend everything I wrote up there (being that it is legally a correct analysis)... since it doesn't comport with your narrow view of right and wrong... but at least I don't try to pick fights with random posters on the internet, tough guy.

bread's done
Back