Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='actripxl']The gaming heaven know as Amazon is falling, thankfully a new champion has stepped up with plenty of credit to give out, and his name is "Kmart".[/QUOTE]

I disgree, i think they actually grew last quarter

[quote name='Ardrid']Sigh, doesn't look like Amazon is throwing any credit at Resistance 3. And, of course, my order has already entered the "shipping soon" phase. Gotta see if I can cancel it somehow.[/QUOTE]

This caught me off guard too. Usually they ship RDD late Sunday at the earliest, but I guess they did it earlier to account for Labor Day.

Now I have to decide whether to keep a game that isn't worth full price for me or return it and get a mark on Amazon's bad side.

Walmart.com threw up some new egift credits today so hopefully Amazon matches at some point. Nothing too exciting but Skyrim has a $10 egift and so do Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2, and Halo Combat Evolved Ann.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']It all depends on the route of the driver. For pre-orders, most have had experience with it coming in the middle of the day around 1 PM. However there could be a chance, with a few of my packages, that they come around 6-8 PM since the driver is delivering to major businesses first.

In an optimistic note, I would imagine it would come anywhere between 1-3 PM.[/QUOTE]

This is actually what kills Amazon games ordering for me.

Call me stupid and I am, but when I REALLY want a game, I need to get it on midnight launch.

I always, ALWAYS get UPS deliveries past 6pm, never earlier. For 75% of them, they are even past 8. I twice had the guy deliver at 9:30pm. Fedex is always before 3 though. If there is a game I must play, I usually go buy it at a midnight release as well.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Same here, got $30 back (all together) on Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I saved $0.17 on Resistence 3 due to preorder price guarantee. \\:D/

[quote name='Lucian']I saved $0.17 on Resistence 3 due to preorder price guarantee. \\:D/[/QUOTE] well that doesn't quite beat the $.03 on my Dead Island order :p

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']OoT didn't have a $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it did, they went back and emailed the credit to people who had preordered when it came out because they had a sale of buy OOT, get a second 3DS game 50% off. It was for 3DS games only though.

[quote name='Jon7']Yeah it did, they went back and emailed the credit to people who had preordered when it came out because they had a sale of buy OOT, get a second 3DS game 50% off. It was for 3DS games only though.[/QUOTE]

this was after the fact though. If you preordered from amazon that extra $10 was a surprise after the game shipped.

[quote name='Nazgul11']Added Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and Pro-Evolution Soccer 2012.[/QUOTE]

I removed Pro Evolution soccer just to tick off that guy that keeps looking for it.

(Just kidding of course.)

Does anyone else find it incredibly strange there's no pre-order bonus gc for MW3 or BF3? I'm baffled by this

They'll probably have to jerry-rig some credit and call it "points" for MW3 like they did with Black Ops. That also means it may end up being late. I'll be shocked if Battlefield doesn't end up with at least $10 though.

I can't justify paying a penny more than $40 AC for BF3 PC. So there better be at least a $20 credit. Otherwise I'll wait the week or two for the price drop :)

[quote name='ncfoster']I am new to Amazon pre-orders. Got my Madden credit today, only to find the lesser $10 credit on NHL now available (release-date shipping seems to be showing up as 99 cents in my cart, which I would assume is a promotion, though not free). Although I've seen others asking similar questions already, which seem to have gone unanswered, I was wondering how these things tend to work (and whether I am missing something).

- What is the likelihood that the credit will go back up to $20 before release? Is it primarily based on whether other retailers offer the same? I know NHL isn't as high-profile of a release as Madden, of course, but I know my NHL 11 from Kmart had a $20 credit last year, and I am assuming the same will be true this year.

- Are the release-date delivery promotions separate from the credits, making me choose between the two if the credit were to change?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my Amazon pre-order n00bishness.[/QUOTE]
1. anyone's guess, if enough places have a certain deal (or certain places), they will match. they are very stubborn about k-mart, though.

2.they are seperate, but they can be useed together. the .99 cent delivery is there for all games that offer RDD. it has zero effect on any other promos, and is basically their new normal RDD charge.

[quote name='Lt Dan']Does anyone else find it incredibly strange there's no pre-order bonus gc for MW3 or BF3? I'm baffled by this[/QUOTE]
that and AC:R since GS is offering the 'super deluxe' edition with bonus sp (among which is vlad the impaler's [dracula] prison & you get his sword after beating it. sounds awesome) & mp stuff & a free poster.

[quote name='bfinup']I wish amazon would up the credit on NHL 12 to 20. i'd also be surprised if they dont add some credit onto battlefield.[/QUOTE]
Im also looking for bonus credit in MW3 and battlefield

[quote name='twztid13']1. anyone's guess, if enough places have a certain deal (or certain places), they will match. they are very stubborn about k-mart, though.

2.they are seperate, but they can be useed together. the .99 cent delivery is there for all games that offer RDD. it has zero effect on any other promos, and is basically their new normal RDD charge.[/QUOTE]

I took the time to e-mail, and they agreed to hook me up this time. I'm sure YMMV, unless they still decide to match.

Thanks for the response. It had been a while. Didn't think I would get one. :)

[quote name='Lt Dan']Does anyone else find it incredibly strange there's no pre-order bonus gc for MW3 or BF3? I'm baffled by this[/QUOTE]

MW3 is $10 credit towards a Turtle Beach MW3 Headset. :lol:

Amazon is dropping their game while Best Buy and Kmart raised theirs.

[quote name='OregonDealz']The upcoming Ace Combat has a 10$ credit now, so for all those that ordered at 45$ nice.[/QUOTE]

Very nice, I had it preordered for $45. Good find!

[quote name='bfinup']I wish amazon would up the credit on NHL 12 to 20. i'd also be surprised if they dont add some credit onto battlefield.[/QUOTE]

It was $20 when I placed my order...

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere in this thread already, but how long do these $20 credit pre-order deals usually last? I want to pre-order Gears 3 and get the $20 credit, but don't want to pre-order till I can use my credit from a trade I just made to Amazon. I also want to use my $10 credit I am getting from pre-ordering NHL 12.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere in this thread already, but how long do these $20 credit pre-order deals usually last? I want to pre-order Gears 3 and get the $20 credit, but don't want to pre-order till I can use my credit from a trade I just made to Amazon. I also want to use my $10 credit I am getting from pre-ordering NHL 12.[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure, of course, but that $20 credit has been there for months so hopefully it lasts a bit longer.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere in this thread already, but how long do these $20 credit pre-order deals usually last? I want to pre-order Gears 3 and get the $20 credit, but don't want to pre-order till I can use my credit from a trade I just made to Amazon. I also want to use my $10 credit I am getting from pre-ordering NHL 12.[/QUOTE]

When you receive it, it'll tell you if there's an expiration date. Usually they last for 1 year

[quote name='buckeyeboy69']When you receive it, it'll tell you if there's an expiration date. Usually they last for 1 year[/QUOTE]

Right. I've heard that the credits you receive last for about a year, but I was asking how long the actual deal for the $20 credit for pre-ordering Gears 3 will last. As others have said, the $20 credit for pre-ordering NHL 12 was reduced to a $10 credit a couple weeks ago and I didn't know if that was typical of Amazon or not. I need the $20 credit deal on Gears to hold out till Tuesday or Wednesday to take advantage of my $10 credit I receive with NHL 12 (and hopefully my credit for trading in MK last Thursday :cool: )

[quote name='Organ Donor']Right. I've heard that the credits you receive last for about a year, but I was asking how long the actual deal for the $20 credit for pre-ordering Gears 3 will last. As others have said, the $20 credit for pre-ordering NHL 12 was reduced to a $10 credit a couple weeks ago and I didn't know if that was typical of Amazon or not. I need the $20 credit deal on Gears to hold out till Tuesday or Wednesday to take advantage of my $10 credit I receive with NHL 12 (and hopefully my credit for trading in MK last Thursday :cool: )[/QUOTE]

if anything you should just preorder it now and then cancel later if you need to since credit offers fluctuate randomly

[quote name='el swordo']modern warfare 3 is also $10 now if nobody posted it[/QUOTE]

Just ordered, then cancelled, if ya read the credit is only for the purchase of some headphones, not towards other things. lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='azteg28']Just ordered, if ya read the credit is only for the purchase of some headphones, not towards other things. lame.[/QUOTE]

LOL WHY.

does amazon pre order guarantee cover pre-order credit?

i'd be surprised if credits aren't up by october for bf/mw3.

[quote name='yahoosale14']LOL WHY.

does amazon pre order guarantee cover pre-order credit?

i'd be surprised if credits aren't up by october for bf/mw3.[/QUOTE]

there's no reason to be surprised if there aren't offers up, amazon moves enough units to not need to put credits on everything

Gotta love Amazon. Gave $10 in credit and $10 in Gift Card credit for Deus Ex because of a mistake they made instead of the $10. Used it to get DMC4 and Vanquish for 20 bucks. I'm a bit curious though, I checked my order today just to give me a reminder on the possible delivery date and in the "Your Orders" page, it says total is $30. In the Order Summary and Invoice page, it says Grand Total $20. Which amount will I end up paying?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well amazon didn't offer infamous 2 and resistance 3 credit so uncharted 3 probibly doesn't get it either :([/QUOTE]

But didn't Amazon offer $20 on Uncharted 2 back in the day?

bread's done
Back