Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']so Uncharted 3 didn't even get a $10 promo code? =O That sucks.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen everyone who emailed them about putting it in the buy 2 get 1 free sale got $20 credit.

[quote name='Prismatico']From what I've seen everyone who emailed them about putting it in the buy 2 get 1 free sale got $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. They didn't give me any problem at all and tossed me a twenty dollar credit. I think they had their minds made up as soon as they decided to include it in the sale and knew people were going to pitch a fit. There was no hesitation at all from the CS rep I spoke with.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Instead of $20 Credit. Amazon is giving me a buy 1 get 1 free deal. Should I wait until MW3 to use it?[/QUOTE]

Damn...would have rather had this than the credit. lol. not gonna complain though. the credit paid for one of my daughter's birthday presents.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']why do people constantly test Amazon's goodwill for something they aren't at all entitled to?[/QUOTE]

People had a right to be pissed over what happened with UC3. Amazon not offering a credit for the pre-order was one thing. Yea, people were a bit irritated but would have gotten over it. Adding UC3 to the B2G1 free ONE DAY after release? That changed everything...and Amazon knew it was going to incite customer anger otherwise they wouldn't have been so quick to offer up a credit or B1G1 to people who contacted them.

No doubt in my mind the customer service people knew people who pre-ordered the game were going to be pitching a fit. Like I said before, the CS rep IMMEDIATELY offered the credit after I told him why I was contacting them. He didn't even take the time to check with somebody else about the issue. Boom....credit granted. And I didn't contact them trying to get a credit. I just contacted them for no other reason than to express my dissatisfaction with what happened. They knew what was coming and they knew customers had a right to be mad. If Amazon didn't think they did anything wrong, they wouldn't have tried to make peace in that manner.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']why do people constantly test Amazon's goodwill for something they aren't at all entitled to?[/QUOTE]

Because it's human nature to test the limits and take advantage of a situation, even if it's morally/ethically questionable to do so. Those same ppl, of course, will cry foul if Amazon decided to unilaterally ban their accounts.

[quote name='Ardrid']Because it's human nature to test the limits and take advantage of a situation, even if it's morally/ethically questionable to do so. Those same ppl, of course, will cry foul if Amazon decided to unilaterally ban their accounts.[/QUOTE]

I hope Amazon decides to ban a lot of these questionable accounts before they ruin the great customer service practice of Amazon

Wish amazon would match the $10 credit they are offering to consoles to PCs as well. Why do I always feel like PC users are always getting dumped on?

[quote name='crazedimp321']Wish amazon would match the $10 credit they are offering to consoles to PCs as well. Why do I always feel like PC users are always getting dumped on?[/QUOTE]

Simply a numbers game for most retailers. Console versions of multiplatform titles typically sell better than their PC counterparts, well simultaneously being $10 more expensive. As a retailer, if I'm going to incentivize a purchase it's going to be the purchase that nets me the most money.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Wish amazon would match the $10 credit they are offering to consoles to PCs as well. Why do I always feel like PC users are always getting dumped on?[/QUOTE]
They sometimes did it, I know they did for Rage. I guess either someone doesn't care about consistency or decides these deals when games are priced differently, when it DOES make sense to not offer $10. Hell, usually if a PC game doesn't have it it's because it IS $10 less already, you just have irritating exceptions like Skyrim.

I have my $20 credit from Gears preorder towards Skyrim...I just might cancel. If I cancel, will the credit be applied back to my account?

[quote name='Linkgx1']I have my $20 credit from Gears preorder towards Skyrim...I just might cancel. If I cancel, will the credit be applied back to my account?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Only way you wouldn't get it back is if it had expired, but the Gears credit doesn't expire until sometime next year.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yes. Only way you wouldn't get it back is if it had expired, but the Gears credit doesn't expire until sometime next year.[/QUOTE]
Sweetness, I think I'm going to cancel it. I'll have to wait a little longer and will forgo the physical map, but oh well!

Tried pre-ordering CoD the other night with my $20 BF3 promo credit and couldn't get it to work, did the online help chat, guy had me set up in like 5 minutes, major kudos. Also suave marketing (or coincidence) by Activision for releasing CoD on election day, tons of people out today, saw huge lines all over the place. Gotta admit it felt awesome seeing people act like idiots all day trying to get the game only to come home and have it on my door step.

[quote name='scoobypat']Tried pre-ordering CoD the other night with my $20 BF3 promo credit and couldn't get it to work, did the online help chat, guy had me set up in like 5 minutes, major kudos. Also suave marketing (or coincidence) by Activision for releasing CoD on election day, tons of people out today, saw huge lines all over the place. Gotta admit it felt awesome seeing people act like idiots all day trying to get the game only to come home and have it on my door step.[/QUOTE]

Amazon customer service is top notch. I always tell them that when I'm asked for feedback, whether for an order or for a customer service issue. Sometimes my credits don't apply either and they take care of me easily.

Didn't know where else to say this, but I found it interesting there were so many threads about MW3 deals right before its release, and not much for Skyrim. I'm super excited for this game, but with the holidays coming up, I'm sure there will be some decent sales (plus I'm still playing BF3).

For anyone that's preordered a game from Amazon, when does the game usually arrive? I know that Amazon Prime offers free release day delivery, but what about non-Prime shipping?

[quote name='lacertile']For anyone that's preordered a game from Amazon, when does the game usually arrive? I know that Amazon Prime offers free release day delivery, but what about non-Prime shipping?[/QUOTE]

1-5 days, I'd say. They expected my used SoulSilver to arrive in a week from ordering (from a friend's account), and it took 4 days.
Unless you live in Antartica. I say 2-6 days then.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Kind of sort of wished Skyrim came with a $10 credit like Gears. Oh well. It's still $10+Physical Map.[/QUOTE]

You mean $20 credit like Gears right? ;)

[quote name='lacertile']For anyone that's preordered a game from Amazon, when does the game usually arrive? I know that Amazon Prime offers free release day delivery, but what about non-Prime shipping?[/QUOTE]

Non Prime offers the same service, they just charge you a measly $0.99 for it. Do it...

$10 credit for skyrim is pretty lame. i could just wait near BF and it will drop $10 anyway without credit and i don't have to fork over $60 now and decide what to buy with the credit.

[quote name='Blabadon']1-5 days, I'd say. They expected my used SoulSilver to arrive in a week from ordering (from a friend's account), and it took 4 days.
Unless you live in Antartica. I say 2-6 days then.[/QUOTE]

That´s WRONG...
For non-Prime members Amazon offers release-date delivery on pre-orders for only $0.99

I hope Amazon emails us the Skyrim promo credit tomorrow. I would love to use it towards a book or something before the weekend.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Amazon needs to start doing more credit for games. They are losing sales now.[/QUOTE]
i think you're really underestimating peoples laziness/unwillingness to spend time looking for deals or going out to stores...

$10 credit from Skyrim came in. It was auto-applied to my account unlike the code they did with BF3.

Amazon has been getting little of my business lately since Kmart has stepped up their game.

I actually switched my Saints Row pre-order to Amazon from THQ - $10 credit vs the free season pass, but no tax as well and release day delivery. I might not even want the DLC stuff, so hey, amazon credit for the win.

[quote name='pedrobeara']they are too lazy to edit it[/QUOTE]Why not PM a mod or flag the OP of the thread and bring that to someone's attention?

Bitching about it with a post like this doesn't do anything to help the issue.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']I hope Amazon decides to ban a lot of these questionable accounts before they ruin the great customer service practice of Amazon[/QUOTE]
you mean so people wouldn't actually use the good customer service? what good would it be then?

[quote name='Third Eye']I hope Amazon emails us the Skyrim promo credit tomorrow. I would love to use it towards a book or something before the weekend.[/QUOTE]
i wish they'd mail my skyrim. been on 'shipping soon' for 2 days! :evil:

[quote name='twztid13']i wish they'd mail my skyrim. been on 'shipping soon' for 2 days! :evil:[/QUOTE]

I got my credit around 9am PST this morning, and the game around 12:30p

[quote name='shrike4242']Why not PM a mod or flag the OP of the thread and bring that to someone's attention?

Bitching about it with a post like this doesn't do anything to help the issue.[/QUOTE]
how do you flag the OP? i don't see it anywhere. is it because this is a wiki thread?

Amazon currently has the Skyrim Collector's Ed. On Backorder. I pre-ordered mine on Oct. 18. I opted for Free Shipping, but fearing I wouldn't see it for a week after the game, I upgraded to 2-day. Little did I know that if you change your shipping preference, it pushes you to the back of the line. I called Amazon to lodge a complaint. They are giving me Free 1 Day Shipping when they get more stock. My shipping estimate is Nov. 15. Ridiculous.

[quote name='twztid13']how do you flag the OP? i don't see it anywhere. is it because this is a wiki thread?[/QUOTE]Same "report post" icon that's on all of the other posts.

XNNqfn9P+jQ9uBW+ov+gWVgT6cOAMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Reporting a post sends an email to all of the mods. PMing a mod would be preferable, though reporting the OP also works in this case.

[quote name='legendarydogs']Amazon needs to start doing more credit for games. They are losing sales now.[/QUOTE]
I think they will make something in Christmas :D
japan.gif

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']Amazon currently has the Skyrim Collector's Ed. On Backorder. I pre-ordered mine on Oct. 18. I opted for Free Shipping, but fearing I wouldn't see it for a week after the game, I upgraded to 2-day. Little did I know that if you change your shipping preference, it pushes you to the back of the line. I called Amazon to lodge a complaint. They are giving me Free 1 Day Shipping when they get more stock. My shipping estimate is Nov. 15. Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you chose release-day delivery? It's only $0.99 for regular members.

amazon has been really dropping the ball lately, at least for me.

i havent been getting any email notifications on when my items ship or for my promotional credits, one of my promotional credits disappeared inexplicably (and now i have to convince the item did have promotional credit), and skyrim has been delayed for some reason.

at this point i dont even expect to get my skyrim credit or map. sigh....im gonna start taking screenshots

i bought halo anniversary and umvc3 with the $20 credit i got from gears 3

i looked at my account and amazon charged me 79.95

the email i got shows the credit was used to equal 65.95 (with shipping)

what do?

[quote name='blackwaltz34']at this point i dont even expect to get my skyrim credit or map. sigh....im gonna start taking screenshots[/QUOTE]

You already got the map....look at the back of the box, it says the map is inside.

Not sure how, I thought I was only getting a $10 gift card? My Halo Anniversary just shipped and it said:

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$20.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $19.99
Sales Tax: $0.00
-----
Total for This Shipment: $19.99

I'm not complaining, but did the terms for this pre-order change?

bread's done
Back