Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FerDK']Has anyone noticed that release-date delivery for $0.99 for non prime customers is gone?[/QUOTE]
I still have access to RDD for .99 and I am not a Prime member. In fact my Heroes of Ruin was automatically switched to RDD for me. Amazon sent me an email about it.

[quote name='deman8899']I still have access to RDD for .99 and I am not a Prime member. In fact my Heroes of Ruin was automatically switched to RDD for me. Amazon sent me an email about it.[/QUOTE]

When did you placed that order? Two weeks ago it was still there.

[quote name='FerDK']When did you placed that order? Two weeks ago it was still there.[/QUOTE]
I ordered it a month or so ago, I got an email June 6th informing me I was automatically upgraded to RDD, shipping still says ~$5 so I'm wondering on chat with them now.

[quote name='FerDK']Has anyone noticed that release-date delivery for $0.99 for non prime customers is gone?[/QUOTE]

Seems like now they try to get people to pay for quick shipping, then if you don't they upgrade you to release day delivery. I was autoupgraded on my risen2 preorder.

[quote name='ritchardf']Seems like now they try to get people to pay for quick shipping, then if you don't they upgrade you to release day delivery. I was autoupgraded on my risen2 preorder.[/QUOTE]

Check Risen 2 to see if shipping cost is $0.99 or not. I think Amazon may no longer offer the $0.99 RDD, just RDD on one or two day shipping. This blows.

EDIT: I checked 10 games. Non of which offered RDD for $0.99.

[quote name='deman8899']Check Risen 2 to see if shipping cost is $0.99 or not. I think Amazon may no longer offer the $0.99 RDD, just RDD on one or two day shipping. This blows.

EDIT: I checked 10 games. Non of which offered RDD for $0.99.[/QUOTE]

That's what I noticed too.
Awful move Amazon...

Inversion no longer gives credits

Edit: I tried editing the posts since it says everyone can edit it. Now my edit is awaiting moderation

[quote name='guitarguy']Can you use the $10 credits on an Xbox live subscription?[/QUOTE]
Only the physical cards because the online code is not shipped from and sold by Amazon.com (it's actually Amazon Digital Services or something like that).

[quote name='Steve77']Inversion no longer gives credits

Edit: I tried editing the posts since it says everyone can edit it. Now my edit is awaiting moderation[/QUOTE]

I was going to approve your edit but then I realized it was probably better to show what used to be there (so we can see how it is changing) so I changed it as in the OP now. Edit: D'oh! I didn't realize Inversion was released - I thought Amazon just removed the credit offer on the preorder, which was unusual so that's why I wanted to show there still. I'll restore your edit and just remove it - once it is released then generally the credit is going to go away anyway.

I also added Brave which I can't believe has been missing here for so long. Yeah, sure, most CAGs probably won't buy it but considering the $30 DS version also comes with a $20 credit (as all the versions do) + there's an $8 movie pass in the game, it seems worthy of inclusion in this thread!

Only thing is, once I edited the OP it seems not to be a Wiki any more. Maybe the OP can restore that. If not I'll look into it later. Edit: never mind, it's back to being a Wiki again - it just didn't show that right after my edits.

The loss of $.99 release date shipping really sucks on my wallet.

Now it would cost 8-10 more bucks per game if I wanted them on the day they come out.

What a load of crap. I hope this price boost is only a mistake or temporary.

[quote name='Sendoh']so I can basically get Brave for DS for $10 since they give $20 credit and $8 for the movie? is that right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Assuming that the movie credit works as it should, I consider that the deal means I'm getting this game for $2. You get $20 credit back right away (and since I'm using credit to buy it that is a direct $20 discount). And since I'll be seeing the movie anyway and paying more than $8 for a ticket, that is $8 back that I wouldn't otherwise get. So, yeah, the game costs $2 after it is all said and done - at worst it is $10 if you can't use the movie ticket for some reason.

And by the way, I just got notice from Amazon that the game shipped already. It still seems to be a preorder on Amazon at this moment though. I would expect the $20 promo to go away soon though.

Amazon, you sadden me. I remember just last year you were giving $20 credits like candy. Now? Best Buy is dominating my gaming wallet.

Best Buy is already offering $20 credits on like 10+ games, including B-lands 2

For shame Amazon. You had my money on lockdown

I don't get why the PC version of Borderlands 2 doesn't have a credit. Highly annoying because that is the version I am getting.

It's sad. So many credit deals and PC games are getting shafted on almost all of them :bomb:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't get why the PC version of Borderlands 2 doesn't have a credit. Highly annoying because that is the version I am getting.

It's sad. So many credit deals and PC games are getting shafted on almost all of them :bomb:[/QUOTE]

was wondering the same exact thing.

[quote name='rdlee']The loss of $.99 release date shipping really sucks on my wallet.

Now it would cost 8-10 more bucks per game if I wanted them on the day they come out.

What a load of crap. I hope this price boost is only a mistake or temporary.[/QUOTE]

GameStop almost always has a better pre-order bonus than Amazon, and the ONLY thing that has kept me with Amazon is you normally get 10 dollars in credit, you don't have to pay the sales tax, and release day delivery is only a dollar.

Take away release date delivery, and Amazon just lost themselves pretty much every single game that I pre-order for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully they're just testing this, it will bite them in the ass, and they'll be back to their standard way of business in a month or two at most.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']GameStop almost always has a better pre-order bonus than Amazon, and the ONLY thing that has kept me with Amazon is you normally get 10 dollars in credit, you don't have to pay the sales tax, and release day delivery is only a dollar.

Take away release date delivery, and Amazon just lost themselves pretty much every single game that I pre-order for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully they're just testing this, it will bite them in the ass, and they'll be back to their standard way of business in a month or two at most.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right! This really sucks...

[quote name='FerDK']I hope you are right! This really sucks...[/QUOTE]

I'm currently in the "trial" of Amazon Prime but it is offering free shipping on release on all games I go to pre-order. I think you may have to select one day if you want it on the release day which is usually 3.99 I believe.

Still disappointing as I have grown to love shopping on Amazon and has saved me so much money as a gamer with only Walmart and Kmart in town...

^^^^ Release date delivery is free for Prime members. You select 2-day & its automatically upgraded. This applies to many games, movies, & books.

[quote name='newtype06']So is release date delivery dead for non Prime members?[/QUOTE]

For non Prime members is $10 :drool:
For Prime members is free.

Anyone who preordered Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes get a second $10 credit added to their account over the weekend?

I got a code last week for $10 credit and used it. Then on Sunday my account suddenly had another $10 credit. I have not preordered any other games in some time.

It could've been from something else, but I have no clue what it would've been since the only other thing I've preordered was a couple movies.

[quote name='Techsticles']Anyone who preordered Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes get a second $10 credit added to their account over the weekend?

I got a code last week for $10 credit and used it. Then on Sunday my account suddenly had another $10 credit. I have not preordered any other games in some time.

It could've been from something else, but I have no clue what it would've been since the only other thing I've preordered was a couple movies.[/QUOTE]

There was a promo for a brief time where you got a certain amount off of another LEGO game with the purchase of LEGO Batman 2. That might be what the extra credit is. You should see if you can apply that $10 credit to anything or just another LEGO game.

[quote name='cheaphuck']This thread should be unstickied no? It gives Amazon so much promo yet their deals are no where as good as they use to be.[/QUOTE]

What Amazon is awesome even without any promo credits. Amazon cannot give credits to every game that is coming out.

[quote name='blueweltall']What Amazon is awesome even without any promo credits. Amazon cannot give credits to every game that is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Well they used to and that's why this was stickied in the first place (I assume since I can't remember).

IMO this should just be converted into an any store with pre-order credits thread (mostly Best Buy unless Kmart starts again).

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't exactly related to this thread, so I apologize in advance, but I don't know where else to ask. If I've already pre-ordered a game on Amazon, is it possible to pay some of it with a gift card still?

[quote name='Roll']This isn't exactly related to this thread, so I apologize in advance, but I don't know where else to ask. If I've already pre-ordered a game on Amazon, is it possible to pay some of it with a gift card still?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, if you click on order details there should be an apply gift card balance button.

Hopefully as time passes, Amazon will up their credit deals. I mean last year, $20 credit was extended to a large majority of the new releases. If they add $20 to Halo 4 regular edition, I might just have to cancel the Limited Edition (need to save money these days), and they need to make the Borderlands 2 credit $20, not $10 to help with all the new releases coming up. I really don't want to shop on Newegg since I have Amazon prime and I might as well use it.

[quote name='blueweltall']What Amazon is awesome even without any promo credits. Amazon cannot give credits to every game that is coming out.[/QUOTE]

Well, lately they have rarely if ever given a credit, even if other retailers have done so. I wonder how awesome people are going to think Amazon is in the coming months as they will collect tax from buyers in large states like California.

bread's done
Back