Amazon customer service down the shitter?

[quote name='lmz00']Has anyone had anything randomly returned to them before?

I ordered Jamiroquai's new CD from Amazon UK (I live in the US), which shipped out on November 1st, but then I got an e-mail from them today about how they "received my return" and about that my refund is being processed.

I have no idea what this means. :([/QUOTE]

Yes actually , it means they fucked up and switched labels while it was going out so it went right back to them. Happened to me with some printer ink

[quote name='ohram']I'm going to have to agree that Amazon has really given up on its customer service. Preordered a game, it shows up, open up package, empty case inside. I email them to complain and I'm told "Tough luck, you can wait 4-5 weeks for us to send out another copy or wait a week to get a refund." I brought up that I'm a Prime member and that they didn't change the price of my preorder when it went down, and I also didn't get the game on the release date like the shipping option guaranteed. Their response again was "Not our problem. Tough luck." I'm extremely angry with how they're handling the situation.[/QUOTE]

Just sent them another email. They still haven't issued a refund and they didn't respond to my emails after the first one.

UPDATE: Finally got a response. From what they say "We apologize, but it appears the person who handled your refund forgot to actually process the refund. It should only take three business days for your refund to process, but it could take another ten to appear back into your account. Because you've had so much trouble we're also going to refund your shipping cost"

WELL THANKS AMAZON. It was such a nice touch that they refunded my FREE release date delivery because of Prime, but still ignored that I didn't get my product on release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
just had an Amazon CSR help solve a problem last week with no problem and have never had any issues at all before.

I always call them up personally though, so not sure how different the email CSR and phone CSR will be.

You probably just got the luck of the draw on a shitty rep.
bannerfr.png

Just an update for you all. My account was restored. In time for black friday. I kept selling, had zero problems and added 35+ to my feedback score and more. So amazon did just fine. Fantastic.

[quote name='speedy5044']

You probably just got the luck of the draw on a shitty rep.
bannerfr.png
[/QUOTE]

That, or Amazon's finally toughening up since everyone expects them to compensate them when they fuck up. Mistakes happen, but most people are like "DIDN'T GET THE ITEM IN ON RELEASE DAY?!?!? OH MY GOD, GIFT CARD PLEASE!"

Not saying this is what everyone in this thread is doing, but it's clear that whenever Amazon fucks up, most people take it way out of proportion. They still do better than most other retailers that just tell you to GTFO.

bread's done
Back