Amazon.de HD-DVD firesale (Germany)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
There's a firesale going on at Amazon.de

Alot of titles going for under 15 EURO (and prices are before VAT reduction if you are having them mailed to the US). I also tried to list the German exclusive/noteworthy titles only, there are some Studio Canal like La Haine and others also on sale.

The Jackel
Serpico (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Bug
Hooligans
The Island
Renaissance
Running Scared
Silent Hill

Alone In The Dark
Three Days of the Condor (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Brothers Grimm
Death At A Funeral
Tideland
Tomb Raider 2

Underworld (Extended Cut)

Saw (Director's Cut) w/ extra online goodies

Details on what is on the Saw disc

Crank
Death Sentence

I ended up buying Saw, Silent Hill and Brothers Grimm for 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) which is $1.84 cheaper than buying the American Blu-Rays from Amazon :)

[quote name='Shimrra']i've never ordered from amazon gr. how do you go thru the order page with it being in another language?[/QUOTE]

It's the same concept/layout as the American Amazon and it uses all of your US account information when you log in. So if you already have a billing/shipping address and credit card on your account, it can use those and you wouldn't have to worry about what goes where.

If you have any trouble with it, copy and paste some of the words on the order page into babelfish to get an idea what is what.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

easy to recommend silent hill... its superior to the domestic bd version.

that saw looks good too.. nice features. i wonder if pq is better than bd version as well..

hows alone in the dark?

[quote name='guyver2077']
hows alone in the dark?[/QUOTE]

It's on the bottom 100 on IMDB with a 2.4/10 :whistle2:#

I have Serpico, Tomb Raider 2 and Perfume and they are all awesome.

That's what I used...I think its correct...Shipping is what killed it for me...well not really its an import so its still cheap. I got Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life, Brothers Grim, and I pre-ordered T2: Ultimate Edition as well to save on shipping. Thanks for posting Sporadic.

49.2058 USD is what I got from http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html, but yeah that's pretty much it.

This would be awesome if I lived in Germany, but the shipping and conversion kills this for me. Granted, these still end up being great prices compared to normal, but I just can't justify the price to myself right now. I'm very interested in owning HD Perfume, Silent Hill, and potentially Tideland and La Haine though... :(

[quote name='Sporadic']It doesn't have any English subtitles or audio.[/quote]
I guess I will have to deal with Finnish, French, or German subs then. It wouldn't be the first time I have done it. I test video games in various languages.

I'd like to order Silent Hill, Tomb Raider 2, Perfume, and Tideland, but after currency exchange it'd be one hell of an expensive fire sale :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's what I used...I think its correct...Shipping is what killed it for me...well not really its an import so its still cheap. I got Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life, Brothers Grim, and I pre-ordered T2: Ultimate Edition as well to save on shipping. Thanks for posting Sporadic.[/QUOTE]

No problem.

Shipping is a bitch though, my movies were only 30,14 while the shipping was 14,00 :/ Still beat Xploited by almost half ($53.14) so I can't complain especially when I'm getting a movie (Saw) that just came out less than a month ago

I couldn't resist, I ordered Tomb Raider 2 and Death at a Funeral. It totaled about $51 after shipping for both. I've been meaning to buy Tomb Raider 2 from xploitedcinema.com anyway, which would cots $33.95 before shipping, so this isn't too bad IMHO. Plus it's just so much fun to import movies. ;-)

Do you get get charged conversion rates from your credit cards? Thats one thing thats slowing me down? Also, can I have them speak english without subs?

I really want to buy Hooligans, or Green Street Hooligans. Watching Elijah Wood be more of a bad ass than he is in Sin City is a real treat. Anyhow, will have to see if going this route is cheaper than xploited.

[quote name='ryosnk']Do you get get charged conversion rates from your credit cards? Thats one thing thats slowing me down? Also, can I have them speak english without subs?[/QUOTE]

Well, you shouldn't get charged that much for conversion rates since there was a recent lawsuit which slammed credit card companies for high conversion rates. At any rate, you subtract out the tax as well (which is in the price listed, so for example, Tomb Raider 2 is really only 9.80 euros or something like that when you subtract tax) so it probably evens out.

You definitely can have English without subs on these, but some you need to force because it defaults (see the original post).

So how much would this be since I'm trying to do this at work and it doesnt let me go to the conversion sites?

T2, saw and silent hill
Zwischensumme: EUR 54,87

[quote name='ryosnk']So how much would this be since I'm trying to do this at work and it doesnt let me go to the conversion sites?

T2, saw and silent hill
Zwischensumme: EUR 54,87[/quote]

Says $83 on my screen next to EUR 54,87--have the ViewMyCurrency Firefox extension installed--automatically converts web site prices.

[quote name='ryosnk']Do you get get charged conversion rates from your credit cards? Thats one thing thats slowing me down? Also, can I have them speak english without subs?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the card.

The only movies with forced subtitles are the ones I marked.

[quote name='ryosnk']So how much would this be since I'm trying to do this at work and it doesnt let me go to the conversion sites?

T2, saw and silent hill
Zwischensumme: EUR 54,87[/QUOTE]

Punch 54,87 EURO to dollars into Google.

It's $83.84

[quote name='hwong3']My order shipped today and it says it should arrive by March 17. Yippee!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine shipped on the 3rd and should be here on the 17th also :)

[quote name='Sporadic']Yeah, mine shipped on the 3rd and should be here on the 17th also :)[/QUOTE]

AAARGGHH!!! Another price drop! Now Tomb Raider 2 is 9,95 instead of 10,95 and Death at a Funeral is 9,95 instead of 12,95!! I tried emailing them to ask for a price adjustment, but I have no idea if anyone will know what I want since I don't know German. :whistle2:(

[quote name='hwong3']AAARGGHH!!! Another price drop! Now Tomb Raider 2 is 9,95 instead of 10,95 and Death at a Funeral is 9,95 instead of 12,95!! I tried emailing them to ask for a price adjustment, but I have no idea if anyone will know what I want since I don't know German. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Punch that shit into Babelfish and email them.

Just explain that you don't know German and are using Babelfish.

[quote name='Sporadic']There's a firesale going on at Amazon.de

Alot of titles going for under 15 EURO (and prices are before VAT reduction if you are having them mailed to the US). I also tried to list the German exclusive/noteworthy titles only, there are some Studio Canal like La Haine and others also on sale.

Alone In The Dark
Brothers Grimm
The Jackel
Serpico (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)
Silent Hill
Three Days of the Condor (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)
Tomb Raider 2

Death At A Funeral
Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer

Saw (Director's Cut) w/ extra online goodies

Details on what is on the Saw disc

Underworld (Extended Cut)

Tideland

Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer

I ended up buying Saw, Silent Hill and Brothers Grimm for 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) which is $1.84 cheaper than buying the American Blu-Rays from Amazon :)[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer is now 27,95 EUR, Tomb Raider 2 and Death at a Funeral are now 9,95 EUR, Underworld is now 13,47 EUR and Tideland is now 13,97 EUR. I didn't check the rest, but I believe most of the 10,95 are now 9,95.

[quote name='Sporadic']Punch that shit into Babelfish and email them.

Just explain that you don't know German and are using Babelfish.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I just emailed them in English and I'm hoping they respond. If they don't by tomorrow, I'll try Babelfish.

Okay, so I don't see the "deal" here. I'd LOVE to get Tomb Raider 2, and it's EUR 8,36 in my shopping cart. But with EUR 14.00 shipping, it's EUR 22.36. And I don't see anything about free shipping (not shocking since they are overseas), so how are folks justifying these prices? I figure what... $32 US or more for one movie?

[quote name='hwong3']Thanks, I just emailed them in English and I'm hoping they respond. If they don't by tomorrow, I'll try Babelfish.[/QUOTE]

They seem to have a "write to us in English" option in the customer service email thing, so I don't think you will have a problem.

[quote name='merkman']Okay, so I don't see the "deal" here. I'd LOVE to get Tomb Raider 2, and it's EUR 8,36 in my shopping cart. But with EUR 14.00 shipping, it's EUR 22.36. And I don't see anything about free shipping (not shocking since they are overseas), so how are folks justifying these prices? I figure what... $32 US or more for one movie?[/QUOTE]

You need to buy more than one movie.

The shipping will stay EUR 14.00 no matter how many movies you buy.

For the three movies I paid for, it was only $22.35 per movie

[quote name='hwong3']Well, you shouldn't get charged that much for conversion rates since there was a recent lawsuit which slammed credit card companies for high conversion rates. At any rate, you subtract out the tax as well (which is in the price listed, so for example, Tomb Raider 2 is really only 9.80 euros or something like that when you subtract tax) so it probably evens out.

You definitely can have English without subs on these, but some you need to force because it defaults (see the original post).[/quote]

Actually, you will get charged by the credit card for the conversion fee (~1%-3%) per transaction depending on which bank you use. The lawsuit just required them to be more upfront with the exact fee when you get your statement. But, better call your bank to make sure..

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Argh!....now I'm tempted to get The Island...it'd be a blind buy as I've never seen it before.[/QUOTE]

It's a Micheal Bay movie masquerading as some type of deep/intellectual movie.

I didn't hate it, but it felt almost like two movies jammed together.

That said, the DVD looks fantastic and I'd imagine that the HD-DVD would be amazing.

[quote name='Sporadic']It's a Micheal Bay movie masquerading as some type of deep/intellectual movie.

I didn't hate it, but it felt almost like two movies jammed together.

That said, the DVD looks fantastic and I'd imagine that the HD-DVD would be amazing.[/quote]

Hmm...I'll pass then...thanks for the imput.

Anybody want to go halfies on two copies of The Island?

It would be 30,76 EUR ($46.76) for two copies after shipping/VAT reduction and I can Paypal $26 for one copy.

Anyone willing to let me piggyback "Renaissance" onto your order? Sporadic? I'm willing to pay like a quarter of the shipping cost, 3.50 Euro's.
Is "1408" cheaper at all on HD DVD or BR?
Any sales on "Bridge To Terabithia" on Amazon.it or "Triplets Of Belleville" on Amazon.fr?
How much does the movie cost go down after VAT reduction?

edit: http://www.amazon.de/Geist-von-Mae-..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204685678&sr=8-1

Sigh, why does this have to be around $28? Apparently according to an article I read it was the FIRST HD DVD with 7.1 Lossless sound which brings the # of HD DVD movies with it to 2.

[quote name='Sarang01']Anyone willing to let me piggyback "Renaissance" onto your order? Sporadic? I'm willing to pay like a quarter of the shipping cost, 3.50 Euro's.
Is "1408" cheaper at all on HD DVD or BR?
Any sales on "Bridge To Terabithia" on Amazon.it or "Triplets Of Belleville" on Amazon.fr?
How much does the movie cost go down after VAT reduction?

edit: http://www.amazon.de/Geist-von-Mae-..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1204685678&sr=8-1

Sigh, why does this have to be around $28? Apparently according to an article I read it was the FIRST HD DVD with 7.1 Lossless sound which brings the # of HD DVD movies with it to 2.[/QUOTE]

1) I don't have the money to front a whole order. I PMed you though.
2) No.
3) No, not that I heard of.
4) Minus VAT The Island goes from 9,97 to 8,38
5) 3. The German Terminator 2 is going to have loseless 7.1 sound.

[quote name='Sporadic']1) I don't have the money to front a whole order. I PMed you though.
2) No.
3) No, not that I heard of.
4) Minus VAT The Island goes from 9,97 to 8,38
5) 3. The German Terminator 2 is going to have loseless 7.1 sound.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I will definitely be getting the German Terminator 2. SO excited.

WHY does the only Asian Horror flick out right now with Lossless in HD have to have NO option for English subtitles, even downloadable? Is there any way one could take the info, burn it to the HDD, buy the Tartan version or get them to send me the subtitles translated as they own the rights to the film in the U.S. and burn it to an HD DVD-R or BD-R with that included for myself?
edit: If Amazon taxes you will they still tax you buying International product? I've never ordered anything from Amazon internationally so I don't know but I get taxed buying from them in the U.S. as there's an Amazon place in state.

[quote name='Sarang01']WHY does the only Asian Horror flick out right now with Lossless in HD have to have NO option for English subtitles, even downloadable? Is there any way one could take the info, burn it to the HDD, buy the Tartan version or get them to send me the subtitles translated as they own the rights to the film in the U.S. and burn it to an HD DVD-R or BD-R with that included for myself?[/QUOTE]

Not possible as far as I know. Not to mention you would have to actually track down somebody who owns either a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray burner.

[quote name='Sarang01']edit: If Amazon taxes you will they still tax you buying International product? I've never ordered anything from Amazon internationally so I don't know but I get taxed buying from them in the U.S. as there's an Amazon place in state.[/QUOTE]

The international Amazons have VAT in the list price. When the site sees that the order is leaving the country, they take the VAT off.

So no tax and it's cheaper than the list price.

[quote name='Sporadic']Not possible as far as I know. Not to mention you would have to actually track down somebody who owns either a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray burner.

The international Amazons have VAT in the list price. When the site sees that the order is leaving the country, they take the VAT off.

So no tax and it's cheaper than the list price.[/QUOTE]

I mean will I still charged sales tax for the items since Amazon has a physical presence in my state?

[quote name='Sarang01']I mean will I still charged sales tax for the items since Amazon has a physical presence in my state?[/QUOTE]

No, the foreign Amazons only tax you if you live in that country.

You could always do a dry run (go all the way up to the screen before you confirm/place the order) and double check.

the VAT took off about 1 euro off of each of my movies

too bad amazon prime shipping doesn't work here

was going to pass until they added The Island

ended up getting The Island, Serpico, Tomb Raider 2, Alone in the Dark for $74.76

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']i wanna get silent hill, but that's the only one. i don't think it is worth the $14 shipping for me.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's in Euro's so it's like $21 for shipping. If you want to piggyback with Sporadic and me I'm open to that. In dollar's you'd be looking at $7 for shipping to get to the U.S. unless I can find an extra to do it with. If we can get 6 people the cost to get to the U.S. would only be $3.50.

[quote name='rsigley']ended up getting The Island, Serpico, Tomb Raider 2, Alone in the Dark for $74.76[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:# I was wondering when somebody would buy Alone In The Dark

[quote name='Sarang01']Actually that's in Euro's so it's like $21 for shipping. If you want to piggyback with Sporadic and me I'm open to that. In dollar's you'd be looking at $7 for shipping to get to the U.S. unless I can find an extra to do it with. If we can get 6 people the cost to get to the U.S. would only be $3.50.[/quote]

gotta get some cash, but i wouldn't mind doing that. i thought i read someone saying it was like $14 to ship? blah...

bread's done
Back